ARTICLE: JBG to replace Hendrick in squad for Everton

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Re: ARTICLE: JBG to replace Hendrick in squad for Everton

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:20 pm

claretspice wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:05 pm
Lordy. My point is was and remains that his initial touches set him up to create the space that creates the goal. No amount of debate over the minute detail of any single touch alters that. Tge first touch is decent, if theres anything wrong with it its seamlessly addressed by the second touch off the thigh and Lennon cracks on with fixing the defender as he originally intended to do.

So are you willing to accept Lennon made a positive contribution to the goal, or not?
Show me where I said he didn’t. I’m still waiting for you to show me where I said the touch off the thigh is a problem.

Are you willing to accept your posts of “his first touch is a decent enough touch which gets the ball out of his feet, into space and ready to allow him to threaten and commit to defenders” was completely wrong?

In fact, don’t answer. You think a first touch resulting in the ball being head height is good control. I don’t.

I’ll agree to disagree.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:26 pm

claretspice wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 pm
Quite.

Don’t worry about Darth. He’s always angrier than normal after a poor defeat for United.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:20 pm
Show me where I said he didn’t. I’m still waiting for you to show me where I said the touch off the thigh is a problem.

Are you willing to accept your posts of “his first touch is a decent enough touch which gets the ball out of his feet, into space and ready to allow him to threaten and commit to defenders” was completely wrong?

In fact, don’t answer. You think a first touch resulting in the ball being head height is good control. I don’t.

I’ll agree to disagree.
Quite literally, our exchange starts with me suggesting you should give Lennon credit and you refusing to do so.

As for the touch - it allowed him to threaten and commit defenders. That much isself evident because that is what happened next. Its not a fabulous touch, but its decent, because it allows him to contribute to the goal.

If- as it now seems- you're giving him credit then I have no idea what this has been about. I'm not gettknhdrawn into a discussion about how high the ball bounces because it just doesn't matter.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:26 pm
Don’t worry about Darth. He’s always angrier than normal after a poor defeat for United.
You still raw that your boy Dack is injured?

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:34 pm

claretspice wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 pm
Quite literally, our exchange starts with me suggesting you should give Lennon credit and you refusing to do so.
Just point me to where I refused. Apart from you can’t.

As for not debating the height of the ball from “the bounce” ... off Lennon’s foot... from his first touch! :lol:
Last edited by Darthlaw on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm

Bordeaux, why is it when Man U have a bad result you always seems to follow my posts?

Is it you who gets angrier when they have a shocker?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:45 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:31 pm
You still raw that your boy Dack is injured?

Merry Christmas my little angry man.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:54 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:58 pm
I can’t argue with you when you clearly see things that aren’t there. Your opinion that his first touch gets it out of his feet is the only correct element. After his first touch, once it drops down from head height, his second touch is on his knee! Watch the video for the love of god, man!!!

Edit for clarity, here is the touch “which gets the ball out of his feet”

And don’t be so precious about being called a fool, particularly when you’re going to push foolish points.
I think you’re wrong too. His touch which you think is ‘poor’ from a technical point of view is very good. On receiving the ball his body weight is all going forward onto his left foot, he’s had to check that momentum, trap the incoming ball. He does this, then watch the speed and power in which he’s able to adjust his feet, to bring the ball under control, all whilst putting it into a position for the next execution.

It’s a neat bit of play.