BFC transfer links discussion page

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

BFC transfer links discussion page

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:43 pm

As stated above.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Re: BFC transfer links discussion page

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Did you miss the one at the top of the page with two pages full of content?

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:58 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:54 pm
Did you miss the one at the top of the page with two pages full of content?
This is discussion only. Set up to see if it’s possible to get the other links only.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Conor Gallagher

It does seem to be very unrealistic from the perspective of Chelsea.

We don't extend the loan of DD and Chelsea are back on the hook for his full wages while he potters about their training ground instead of ours.

They pull Gallagher from Charlton, annoying Charlton, and instead of getting regular game time that will benefit his development ( which he is currently getting at Charlton ) he can develop his sitting on the bench skills with us.

I really can't see any benefit that Chelsea might gain from sending him here on loan.

The only thing that might possibly appeal to them is selling a relatively untested youngster for an eye watering amount of money. However, they don't need the money, they aren't under any contractual pressure to sell him, they seem to have a development plan in mind for him and Lampard is actively focussing on adding youth to his first team.

From our perspective, buying a relatively untested youngster for an eye watering amount of money could be considered far too risky given our finances.

I would have thought that Chelsea would be trying their best to convince us to keep DD for the rest of the season or heaven forbid sign him up permanently.

Hopefully we aren't considering the easy DD no effort option. We don't need another " last contract, dead money " player adding to our unbalanced twilight contingent. Especially when we might have to pay a transfer fee plus the difference in wages between what he is on for the remaining years of his Chelsea contract and what he would get here.

It must be throw away paper talk, because pulling Gallagher away from Charlton and sending him to us doesn't appear to tick any practical common sense boxes.

None of the names currently fluttering around the rumour mill make a lot of sense to me, which is a bit disappointing hen we consider all the players that might be up for a move in this " not as hugely difficult as we are making out " Winter window.

Note: Popped this on here to bump the thread in the hope that people will discuss things here instead of clogging up the link thread.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Dyche Transfer window Bingo:

January is a difficult window
the board wont give me enough money
we have a competitive squad
it's hard to attract players

+ many more

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm
Conor Gallagher

It does seem to be very unrealistic from the perspective of Chelsea.

We don't extend the loan of DD and Chelsea are back on the hook for his full wages while he potters about their training ground instead of ours.

They pull Gallagher from Charlton, annoying Charlton, and instead of getting regular game time that will benefit his development ( which he is currently getting at Charlton ) he can develop his sitting on the bench skills with us.

I really can't see any benefit that Chelsea might gain from sending him here on loan.

The only thing that might possibly appeal to them is selling a relatively untested youngster for an eye watering amount of money. However, they don't need the money, they aren't under any contractual pressure to sell him, they seem to have a development plan in mind for him and Lampard is actively focussing on adding youth to his first team.

From our perspective, buying a relatively untested youngster for an eye watering amount of money could be considered far too risky given our finances.

I would have thought that Chelsea would be trying their best to convince us to keep DD for the rest of the season or heaven forbid sign him up permanently.

Hopefully we aren't considering the easy DD no effort option. We don't need another " last contract, dead money " player adding to our unbalanced twilight contingent. Especially when we might have to pay a transfer fee plus the difference in wages between what he is on for the remaining years of his Chelsea contract and what he would get here.

It must be throw away paper talk, because pulling Gallagher away from Charlton and sending him to us doesn't appear to tick any practical common sense boxes.

None of the names currently fluttering around the rumour mill make a lot of sense to me, which is a bit disappointing hen we consider all the players that might be up for a move in this " not as hugely difficult as we are making out " Winter window.

Note: Popped this on here to bump the thread in the hope that people will discuss things here instead of clogging up the link thread.
I agree about Gallagher. Not sure how it benefits him or Chelsea to come and sit on our bench for 6 months when he's playing regularly for Charlton. For what it's worth I don't see any activity in January. This summer could be a massive one for us though.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm not holding out any hope for January, and that way I won't be disappointed.

Shame really, but past experience has given me this attitude.

I would be very pleased to be proved wrong, mind you.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Hoping for an athletic rightback & some pace upfront.

Expecting Drinky to return to Chelsea and Vydra to leave.

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:22 pm

Vydra / Gibson / Drinkwater all out.

Hoping for a RB, winger with pace and athletic CM who wants to get on the ball to combine with Westwood.
This user liked this post: nyclaret

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:03 pm
Dyche Transfer window Bingo:

January is a difficult window
the board wont give me enough money
we have a competitive squad
it's hard to attract players

+ many more
If it follows Sean’s previous attempts at transfer windows we will do last minute deals to sign Crouchie, Alan Shearer and Frank Worthington until the end of the season. All knackered but good lads to have in the dressing room. All not Dyche Fit yet. But hey ho we can always live in hope......

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:44 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:01 pm
I agree about Gallagher. Not sure how it benefits him or Chelsea to come and sit on our bench for 6 months when he's playing regularly for Charlton. For what it's worth I don't see any activity in January. This summer could be a massive one for us though.
With us he would be training with a PL first team squad. At Chelsea he would be training with the stiffs. They possibly see it as advantageous for his career, plus earning for them and the possibility of game time.