RATE THE REF - Mike Dean v Manchester United

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Re: RATE THE REF - Mike Dean v Manchester United

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 am

Shore claret wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:22 am
I know what your saying, don't you think this is alienating the modern fan, it's like you have to do a course just to understand the game. Do you think the games getting to complicated?
Does the fan matter at the top level? Looking at how games are moved about all the time, it would seem that the fan who actually attends matches is the last consideration.
Football is a simple game which has stood the test of time and been enjoyed by millions, if not billions, of fans over a very long period of time.
The game has changed over the years and there have been various changes in TLOG and their interpretation. however, the two worst things to happen in the professional game are the introduction of Transfer Windows and the introduction of VAR.

The game will go on, however, whether or not fans will continue to go and watch what, at the top level, is becoming a very sterile game of football is debatable. I certainly have had enough once this season finishes and, with regrets, I shall not be renewing my season ticket.

Whether or not those running the game will realise that it is still a physical contact sport and stop trying to push it into a non-contact sport remains to be seen. My thoughts are that coaches will be encouraged to advise against making tackles and that new referees coming into the game will be encouraged to penalise all physical contact in one way or another as endangering an opponent, as was the case with Phil Bardsley's cracking sliding tackle at the Turf on Saturday. He played the ball fair and square, however, because his opponent felt the force of the tackle Bardsley was penalised and received a caution, probably for using too much force and thus endangering an opponent. Yet, his opponent played on and completed the match so I wonder how much danger he was in.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:24 am

Joe14 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:08 pm
Clearly a UTD fan.
Well, think whatever you want about Dean's performance, but a UTD fan he definitely isn't. He's a scouser and Utd fans hate him. They made their feelings about him known frequently during the first half.
Utd fans thought he favoured us, some of our fans thought / think he favours them, so that suggests he was even-handed.
Personally I thought he had a good game - as usual, except he should have booked Fred for dissent.
It's incredible that some on here criticise Dean for not taking action against de Gea for time-wasting , when we are undoubtedly the worst / best in the league for this. (If you were looking for consistency there then Pope would have 2 yellows before half-time in most matches.)

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:05 pm

There were three fouls he allowed to go by but booked us for less. No booking for time wasting and feigning injury was amazing
He likes to touch the United players bodies too often to be impart
A 5
B5
C13
D 5