Season tickets 20/21

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Season tickets 20/21

Post by Andreshotboots » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:05 pm

I will be renewing again for my son and I but several people who sit near me in the CFS have said they're not bothering next season as they are sick of the football. Not sure whether the Premier League buzz has now started to wear off, it's my shite after shave or if it is genuinely the football on offer.
Be be fair, one guy has had a season ticket for 40 years.. Has there been this sort of feeling in other parts of the ground that people have picked up on?
4 people in a small area near me will lead to big losses in numbers if that's replicated in other stands.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Re: Season tickets 20/21

Post by Goobs » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:18 pm

not had one since about 2010-2011 season but hoping to get one next season. Maybe the football seems worse when you are in the ground but it doesn't seem as bad a some make it out when watching on a stream.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:05 pm
I will be renewing again for my son and I but several people who sit near me in the CFS have said they're not bothering next season as they are sick of the football. Not sure whether the Premier League buzz has now started to wear off, it's my shite after shave or if it is genuinely the football on offer.
The muppets will be there next season, just you see
This user liked this post: tim_noone

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:25 pm

Amongst the cheapest in football...well worth the money and a great social event tbh.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets IanMcL MT03ALG

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:31 pm

I will be renewing ours but the foitball is dire just hope we can freshen it up over the summer..

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:33 pm

As much as the football is going backwards at the minute, and as frustrating as it is there would have to be a significant reason for me to not renew.

Its cheap, its premier league football and as a burnley fan we live in hope rather than expectation. Its always been the case.

A badge I ordered a few weeks ago (and forgot about) turned up today. Endsleigh Stand member. Got it because its the first place I had a season ticket (and back in there now). And gave me some perspective. A ST in there was probably similar in price to now and we were playing the likes of Maidstone. I will always support the club through thick and thin, not that it will stop me airing my views on how we could and should improve.

Away games are going to be the ones where I pick and choose more though. I have never gone purely for the style. I do actually appreciate backs to the wall as much as anyone. But I've done most of the away grounds and while we are playing the way we are I can justify picking and choosing more. Spurs and Everton are the only two I have done so far (usually do most away games every year) and in them two games alone I have spent more on tickets, travel and everything that goes with it than I do on a full home season ticket. And priorities change.

But home - nah, couldn't imagine going shopping at 3 o clock on a Saturday when Burnley are at home. Just wouldn't feel right!
Attachments
Screenshot_20191230-232720_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191230-232720_Gallery.jpg (406.28 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure Bosscat k90bfc MT03ALG

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm ready for a break from watching Burnley after the Villa game.
The home games afterwards fall on Sundays when I watch my lad play.

Hopefully comeback refreshed.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Talk is cheap, especially when things aren't going so well and as you wish and you are cheesed off
with it all.

Give them 2 to 3 months of cricket ,tennis and golf in the summer and most will be racing back for their
Claret fix.

Mark my words. :)
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets MT03ALG

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:45 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:33 pm
As much as the football is going backwards at the minute, and as frustrating as it is there would have to be a significant reason for me to not renew.

Its cheap, its premier league football and as a burnley fan we live in hope rather than expectation. Its always been the case.

A badge I ordered a few weeks ago (and forgot about) turned up today. Endsleigh Stand member. Got it because its the first place I had a season ticket (and back in there now). And gave me some perspective. A ST in there was probably similar in price to now and we were playing the likes of Maidstone. I will always support the club through thick and thin, not that it will stop me airing my views on how we could and should improve.

Away games are going to be the ones where I pick and choose more though. I have never gone purely for the style. I do actually appreciate backs to the wall as much as anyone. But I've done most of the away grounds and while we are playing the way we are I can justify picking and choosing more. Spurs and Everton are the only two I have done so far (usually do most away games every year) and in them two games alone I have spent more on tickets, travel and everything that goes with it than I do on a full home season ticket. And priorities change.

But home - nah, couldn't imagine going shopping at 3 o clock on a Saturday when Burnley are at home. Just wouldn't feel right!
26 "ffs"! Years ago my season ticket cost £144......it cost me little more now than then. The photo looks great though!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:53 pm

I've still got my Endsleigh Stand badge. Didn't know they were so sought after.

Must dig it out.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

fanzone
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 65 times

Post by fanzone » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:05 pm
Be be fair, one guy has had a season ticket for 40 years.. Has there been this sort of feeling in other parts of the ground that people have picked up on?
4 people in a small area near me will lead to big losses in numbers if that's replicated in other stands.

Gave mine and my lads up as it's dog sh1te to watch. My son loves everything football but can't sit through a full game on the TV in his home comforts, never mind in the cold wet puddles in the cricketfield stand

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 am

fanzone wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 pm
Gave mine and my lads up as it's dog sh1te to watch. My son loves everything football but can't sit through a full game on the TV in his home comforts, never mind in the cold wet puddles in the cricketfield stand
Get him a yo yo......Loves Everything football? Clearly he doesn't.

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:09 am

Our football has been a grim watch for a long time. Been a Season Ticket Holder for many years but it will be an interesting decision this time re renewal.

If our January transfer window success is re-signing Crouchie as the window closes along with Alan Shearer + Frank Worthington, who are not quite Dyche Fit, then I think there will be a lot more looking at picking certain games next season to attend rather than the full monty.

I am a long standing BFC fan and a realist. I am not looking for us to spend £30M+ on an alleged superstar. I would like us to identify some young eager capable players from the lower leagues who can trap a ball (some of our current squad struggle to trap a bag of cement), can pass a ball (forwards) and have some pace!!
This user liked this post: claretfern

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:50 am

While I understand peoples concerns about style, would be too easy an excuse for me to not renew on that basis. Price hasn't gone up so unless my lifestyle changed significantly I couldn't not renew. And i'd have serious fear of missing out!

Besides, 90 minutes every couple of weeks I have some of the best laughs possible. Not to mention spending quality time before during and after with good mates and family. The football almost pails into insignificance, regardless of style or result.

I was pi$$ed off on Saturday. But still had a brilliant laugh with some good lads. Including some Aberdeen lads who we met at the game last year who came down to support us. If they can we can! And without going as we do there are tonnes of friendships and memories I wouldn't have. (And some I probably would :lol:)
These 2 users liked this post: chekhov tim_noone

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 am

I think the scarf thing they did against Cardiff should be replicated a whole lot more, the atmosphere looked and sounded incredible that day - I used to go on the Turf as much for that as the football on show. The club are missing a massive trick in my opinion. Few beers, good old sing song with your mates and fellow Clarets is brilliant

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:59 am

I have 3 allotments that fit in well with my fortnightly 500mile trip to the Turf as most things start to grow over the months from April
We will renew because when we sang Burnley till I die we meant every word UTC
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone k90bfc

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35 am

Yes the football is dire but that matters not one bit on my decision to go. I’ll be there home and away no matter what league we are in etc. I mean what else is there to do on a Saturday anyway?

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 221 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 am

I live in Spain & will be renewing like I have for over 25 years, either a Burnley fan or not & could not care what type of football we play. Its Burnley!!!!!!
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud ClaretMov

beddie
Been Liked: 1384 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:17 am

Agree with a lot of what's been said. We'll renew whatever, like others you hope the style and quality of player improves. I'm not convinced we'll bring anyone in this window, probably the summer.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:32 am

I think there's lot of guff being spouted about our "style of football" and how some "supporters" have had enough of it. I think it's probably a bit of a smoke screen for some who have found the PL buzz wearing thin and have forgotten about the wilderness years from 1976 until 2009 (and a few after that!) I think it's being used to mask complacency and almost an expectation that we're a PL club and always will be. We are doing what we HAVE to do to survive and as a supporter I'm loving it, as long as we win!! I'll be renewing!
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretMov k90bfc

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 am

For me my wife has been really poorly the last 2 years and the worst luck anyone could have, with a double heart valve replacement, swiftly followed by a major stroke, and then losing half her body weight to just under 6 stone, to then having bi fem artery bypass, which didn't go well and was touch and go for a while. I haven't shared any of this with the board as everyone has stuff going on all the time, but I think its pertinent to this debate. The season ticket which I have held for 19 years (nothing compared to some, I know) and my sons ticket of coming up to 10 years are still going strong despite us only attending a handful of games, however i have never missed 1 and watched most on my mobile at the hospital bedside or at home caring for the wife, so the passion for the club does not waver because your not on the Turf and i needed to make that clear as some less fortunate cant afford season tickets and i have had a glimpse of how that passion still burns for your club even if you cant actually attend. However as has been documented on here my son is autistic and getting him his season ticket was a big risk due to crowded places, and loud noises, and if Im honest, it was probably a selfish move on my behalf in wanting to fill a fathers wish for his son to accompany him to a match. However the whole togetherness and camaraderie had the opposite effect and really brought him out of himself and realised he can join in and be like thousands of people around him who are all thinking exactly the same way he is thinking through 90 minutes as opposed to any other time where he thinks differently to all of us, and then the cherry on the cake was this board who took him to the hearts when he was doing his video blogs of each match and really encouraged him which again helped him massively. So I owe more to the club the just solidarity and support, especially when things are not looking too good, because it was there for us when we as a family were the same, and it wasn't until I read some of the comments on here recently that made me realise that through all my ranting out of passion for my team, deep down I cant turn my monetary support in purchasing a season ticket off even if we now cant attend every match, and even more so i look forward to buying a 3rd seat for my grandson next year, and in that is Claret blood through and through in 3 generations attending the match together. UTC NNN
Last edited by ClaretAL on Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 9 users liked this post: Clevedon Claret Funkydrummer Bosscat ClaretMov JohnMac cricketfieldclarets Vegas Claret tim_noone k90bfc

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 am

I'm 65 before the next season starts, great value for money now and even better next season.

I have a TV for entertainment, football is more than that to me.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat ClaretMov cricketfieldclarets

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 am

I’ve had a season ticket most seasons since about 1977 (with a break for university). The first one I purchased out of my own pocket was the 87/88 season. I was still a student and even at late 80s prices on the Longside it was a big financial decision. Given we we’d just finished in our lowest ever position in the football pyramid and I was prepared to buy a season ticket the I think I’m stuck with doing what I’ve done every season since and renewing.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretMov cricketfieldclarets

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:43 am

I’ll be renewing with my son and nephew. Watched us play naff football in all 4 divisions over the years so quite happy to continue to watch us in the top flight for another season.
These 3 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Bosscat ClaretMov

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Re: Season tickets

Post by Claret Till I Die » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:12 am

I'll be renewing. I'm sure that anybody fed up with how we play football can get their fulfilment from going to watch Accrington Stanley. That was the level of football that I watched for years so I appreciate our rise though the leagues to where we are now.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretMov Stockbrokerbelt

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:37 am

Excellent post ClaretAL, puts things firmly into perspective.

May I be the first to wish you, your wife and your son a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Chin up fella. :) :)
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:42 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:37 am
Excellent post ClaretAL, puts things firmly into perspective.

May I be the first to wish you, your wife and your son a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Chin up fella. :) :)
Cheers mate, and Happy New Year to you and yours and all Clarets too. :)
These 2 users liked this post: Funkydrummer ClaretMov

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:50 am

I've watched Burnley since 1975 and had a season ticket since every single season since 1982, and even though some/most of the football we are seeing at the moment By us is dire it's still top flight football and we are watching some of the world's top players in some of the worlds best teams and its nothing compared to watching football in the dark days of the 80's in front of gates of under 4 thousand and we almost went out of the league broke and probably have gone bust.

There is not a chance I wouldn't renew my season ticket, its a day out home or away with my son and friends and the other alternative is being dragged around the shop's, summer is bad enough without my football fix never mind not going on again week in week out.

Let those who don't want to renew stop coming on, that's their choice there is loads more that will like me still watch week in week out whatever, I know for some people it's a financial reason they can't/won't renew but at around £7 pound a week (£28 a month) I think a season ticket is well worth it for what I personally get out of it. UTC and a happy 2020 clarets.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Funkydrummer

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:59 am

I shall be renewing for another season along with my Brother... and the season after that etc etc

I watch Burnley FC not because we are in the Premier League.
Not because we are world beaters.
Not because we win stuff....
But because of a 9 yr olds eyes from 1967 that were re-opened in 1991 when going to a Tuesday Night match & 2 weeks later ordering a season ticket... Going to Wembley in 1994... Promotion again at Scunthorpe in 2000... Wembley again and promotion to the Premier League in 2009... Runners up to Leicester in 2014... Winning the Championship in 2016...

I follow Burnley because I love Burnley FC

Yes roll on the Early Bird deadline announcement I will be online ordering my 2020/21 season ticket

UTC
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretMov Funkydrummer RammyClaret61

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:59 am
I shall be renewing for another season along with my Brother... and the season after that etc etc

But because of a 9 yr olds eyes from 1967 that were re-opened in 1991 when going to a Tuesday Night match & 2 weeks later ordering a season ticket... Going to Wembley in 1994... Promotion again at Scunthorpe in 2000... Wembley again and promotion to the Premier League in 2009... Runners up to Leicester in 2014... Winning the Championship in 2016...

Yes roll on the Early Bird deadline announcement I will be online ordering my 2020/21 season ticket

UTC
Well said mate, well said.

claretdj
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 am

Unless we get relegated then I wont be renewing, the reason why? VAR! :evil:

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:09 am

Genuinely thinking of not renewing. Never thought it would get to this. I've lost interest in football for a number of reasons. The uncompetitive nature of the PL (didn't bother with the Liverpool game and left very early during City Chelsea games), VAR and the kick off times are turning me off the game. The Saturday before Christmas I actually forgot we were playing.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 am

I'm swaying towards not renewing. The whole football experience isn't doing anything for me atm. The entertainment, the whole VAR carry on is just making me disinterested. Maybe a bit of a time out will re-light my interest.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 am

Me and the Mrs will be renewing and we’re on the lookout for a nearby seat to buy my son his first season ticket.

He’s only three so it’s likely I’ll just be buying a seat for future use (as it will be me who ends up on sat on my loner if we can’t find seats together).

BFC match days are as much a social event as watching a game of football, for us, so the quality of football is only part of the overall attraction. It’s certainly not in the positive column, currently, but it’s also not bad enough to stop me from renewing.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Dark Cloud

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 am

I'm just wondering??..........

Of all the people who say they wont be renewing their season ticket - how many of those people had season tickets before 2009?
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:37 am

Targetman wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 am

Of all the people who say they wont be renewing their season ticket - how many of those people had season tickets before 2009?
I have had on and off since 1977 so 2009 wasn't my first season ticket.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:42 am

Targetman wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 am

Me. Had 1 most seasons since 2000.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:45 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:32 am
I think there's lot of guff being spouted about our "style of football" and how some "supporters" have had enough of it. I think it's probably a bit of a smoke screen for some who have found the PL buzz wearing thin and have forgotten about the wilderness years from 1976 until 2009 (and a few after that!) I think it's being used to mask complacency and almost an expectation that we're a PL club and always will be. We are doing what we HAVE to do to survive and as a supporter I'm loving it, as long as we win!! I'll be renewing!
Not from me as above im renewing anyway. But 2 shots on goal in 3 games whoever we are playing is not good enough.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5003 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am

I'll be renewing come what may

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:50 am

bfcjg wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am
I'll be renewing come what may
If I was you I would renew before deadline day not leave it till May m8 ;)
This user liked this post: bfcjg

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:52 am

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:59 am

UTC
Can relate to that. And imaine not renewing in 2013 snd then the unthinkable happened the second time when Dyche took us up. Missing that. Not to mention 2008 09 when it was the most unthinkable season.

The ones who dont renew will likely be first to moan if and when we need loyalty points again in the near future.

Just live in hope that our style can improve. Weve shown glimpses even this season against Norwich, West Ham, Southampton.

I think its just amplified recently with expensive trips to tottenham and everton (and bournemouth for others) alongside a couple of other poor shows at home. Seems worse than it is I guess...

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am

People have every right to not renew if they wish, doesn't make them any less of a fan. Setting up for a nil nil every week and launching endless long balls to 2 big lumps upfront isn't what football is about for me. Throw in the fact that our sole intention as a club seems to be finishing 17th every year I don't blame anyone for not renewing.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am
People have every right to not renew if they wish, doesn't make them any less of a fan. Setting up for a nil nil every week and launching endless long balls to 2 big lumps upfront isn't what football is about for me. Throw in the fact that our sole intention as a club seems to be finishing 17th every year I don't blame anyone for not renewing.
If our 'sole intention' is to finish '17th every year' then that is surely more blame you can apportion the manager who has failed to achieve that league position every time,I believe.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:13 pm

I've just looked on the official site to see how many tickets sold for the Villa game tomorrow. I was expecting a sell out or thereabouts.

Looks like we could be a couple of thousand short, for a day when hardly anyone will be working. The signs are there.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:17 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
It was only last season that we were playing European football.

As you say people have every right not to renew. Just dont renew, no need to broadcast it to the world though is there? Do it nice and quietly.

Burnley Football Club will survive even though 200/500/1000 fans decide not to renew their season tickets.

Why come on here announcing that you wont renew next season, if you want to tell someone who is more interested then contact the club.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:56 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Obviously they have the right not to renew, but equally obviously it does make them less of a fan. That's not a criticism, but it is a statement of fact - the person who pays his money and goes to the match is more of a fan than the person who keeps his money in his pocket and doesn't go to the match.
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed Dark Cloud

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:20 pm

We'll be renewing and might be able to get better seats if all these people give their ST's up!

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Will be renewing with the daughter.
We are going through a difficult patch on the field and do need a couple of fresh faces in.
I wanted VAR, it’s seriously ******* me off and needs to be changed/improved. Thought the Souness idea was a good one.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 pm

Targetman wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:17 pm
It was only last season that we were playing European football.

As you say people have every right not to renew. Just dont renew, no need to broadcast it to the world though is there? Do it nice and quietly.

Burnley Football Club will survive even though 200/500/1000 fans decide not to renew their season tickets.

Why come on here announcing that you wont renew next season, if you want to tell someone who is more interested then contact the club.
Because it's a topic about season ticket renewals. So funnily enough people are discussing season ticket renewals.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 am
Me and the Mrs will be renewing and we’re on the lookout for a nearby seat to buy my son his first season ticket.

He’s only three so it’s likely I’ll just be buying a seat for future use (as it will be me who ends up on sat on my loner if we can’t find seats together).

BFC match days are as much a social event as watching a game of football, for us, so the quality of football is only part of the overall attraction. It’s certainly not in the positive column, currently, but it’s also not bad enough to stop me from renewing.
I definitely agree with the social event angle. The days of going straight to footy and straight back home have gone for most people. I do get that for some people (maybe with small kids for example) that's how it still is, so they will get very fed up if the football is dire, but for me whether it's home or away it's about time with my son, my mates, the natter, the catch up, the real ale and yes the footy is central and integral, but it's not the WHOLE day. I want us to win and I absolutely love it when we do and tbh because of so many crap years watching us I tend to be happy with a "win at any cost". I'm loving seeing us among the best 20 clubs in the country (again) as I had genuinely given up on it (who wouldn't have back in 1987?) and I'll keep turning up whilst it's on offer as when it's gone it'll be gone and the chances are it could be another 40 years before it returns and I'll be long gone by then!!