How much money do we have ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Re: How much money do we have ?

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:12 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:43 pm
Fag packet calc, 30 players in the squad on average of 30k a week is 47 million, please someone explain where the other 43 is going...I realise there is NI, agents fees etc..but if we have one player in there over 30k then I'm staggered. Very crude calc I know, but something doesn't stack up.
I recommend you take a look at the 30-June-2018 accounts - links included in posts above.

£80 million (or thereabouts) were staff costs for 2017/18.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:12 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:56 pm
."but if we have one player in there over 30k then I'm staggered"

those are your own words
Quote based on I dont think we should have one player in there over that figure...not saying there isn't. Listen, I'm not disputing what most are saying, but I am struggling to understand how this squad of players are collectively pulling in that sort of cash.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:39 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:12 pm
Quote based on I dont think we should have one player in there over that figure...not saying there isn't. Listen, I'm not disputing what most are saying, but I am struggling to understand how this squad of players are collectively pulling in that sort of cash.
Do you think they deserved it when we finished 7th though ?
Sounds like you are over reacting a tad and that you also don’t have a good handle on what other teams in the league are paying their players.
Nobody is happy with our recent performances but the least we should be doing is appreciating that what we have achieved on and off the pitch in the last 6 or 7 years is pretty remarkable.
We have probably the most sensible financial structure and policy in the league - no debt, performance related bonuses, relegation contract clauses etc. We have invested in our training facilities and we have made profit on players too.
Right now we are having a sticky patch - and we may well not get out of it this time - but one thing for sure we will not go down because we have over paid our players or just thrown money about. We may have made mistakes as all clubs do but we have got a hell of a lot more right than wrong and we should be thankful for that.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure paulatky