War with Iran?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Re: War with Iran?

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:55 am

52 - 48 may not be a resounding answer to the question, but the question was asked and it was answered. You can’t just say “oh it’s too close to do anything” or “they asked the wrong question” as a means of allowing the minority vote to win the day. Not respecting that result, throwing out more arguments and asking for another referendum “to bring the country together” is as undemocratic as it comes. Failing to see this is one of the major reasons why the election result WAS a resounding answer. If the result of the first referendum can’t be respected, why would anyone believe a second one would, and if the result remained the same (the GE result suggests it would) why would anyone believe that one would be honoured?
Suggesting the majority of leave voters wanted a deal is guesswork. “Leave with a deal” wasn’t on the referendum ballot paper, yet it’s all that’s talked about. It wasn’t there.... constantly rolling it out as an argument to back up the stance of “block brexit” is why we went to the polls again.
BJ is going to honour the result of the referendum. That’s what the majority wanted. That’s what we are hopefully going to get (there was a time there when I thought it wasn’t going to happen at all) and if that means leaving without a deal, then we just go ahead and make our own deals.
As an aside, my money is on a domino effect... may take a few years but I don’t see a future in the EU as we have come to know it.

Seems like I have guided us off topic there... sorry.

Anyway Iran’s elite troops? :lol: If they are anything like Saddams elite republican guard, and it comes down to it, any ground conflict will be over very quickly indeed. Only one country in the Middle East with elite troops.... Israel. Let’s all hope it doesn’t come to that though...

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 am

Trump also, evidently killed an Iraqi general international murder for self gain.

This man is the most evil force on Earth.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:41 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 pm
We need to make it clear to Trump we dont support his latest insanity
Problem is Boris owes Trump big time and its payback time.
Insanity? Is that you?

Its to stop further murdering and terrorist activity of this rogue and belicose country. Just cant believe you cant see that.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:43 am

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 am
Trump also, evidently killed an Iraqi general international murder for self gain.

What is the matter with people like you? Do you support terrorism? Looks like it to me. Of course your the guy who patronizes Burnley voters. That was another stupid comment. Stay down where you belong eh.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm
Aah! regime change in the Middle East,remind me how that's worked out for Iraq,Libya,Syria,in recent years,not to mention Afghanistan.

Just maybe if the Western powers,the US in particular kept their nose out of other countries internal affairs,the planet might be a safer place.

And if the US/Britain and others are preaching morals,and the upholding of human rights,why are they still selling weapons to the Saudi's,which everyone knows are being used in the Yemen.
Saudi has nothing to do with this. Neither has previous actions in Iraq or Afghanistan which incidentally in the case of Afghanistan were taken in good faith

But then again maybe you support terrorism and things like no medical treatment or education for women
Public execurions and the like. Grow up and get real.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:31 am

I see Pence is linking him to the 9/11 attacks without any evidence.

Strange.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am

Staying up seems to have resorted to personal abuse....a bit Trumpy that! Hopefully, stayingup hasn't got access to weaponry too! :o
Last edited by IanMcL on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am

IanMcL wrote:

Some people in Iraq were celebrating in the streets due to the terror inflicted by the deceased. Makes you think these guys were not all sweetness and joy.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am
Some people in Iraq were celebrating in the streets due to the terror inflicted by the deceased. Makes you think these guys were not all sweetness and joy.
I am sure these guys were sadistic, degenerate thugs. However having them killed without any resort to international law and custom is not right either.

World wars have started over these same sort of actions in the past.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:38 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:55 am
52 - 48 may not be a resounding answer to the question, but the question was asked and it was answered. You can’t just say “oh it’s too close to do anything” or “they asked the wrong question” as a means of allowing the minority vote to win the day. Not respecting that result, throwing out more arguments and asking for another referendum “to bring the country together” is as undemocratic as it comes. Failing to see this is one of the major reasons why the election result WAS a resounding answer. If the result of the first referendum can’t be respected, why would anyone believe a second one would, and if the result remained the same (the GE result suggests it would) why would anyone believe that one would be honoured?
Suggesting the majority of leave voters wanted a deal is guesswork. “Leave with a deal” wasn’t on the referendum ballot paper, yet it’s all that’s talked about. It wasn’t there.... constantly rolling it out as an argument to back up the stance of “block brexit” is why we went to the polls again.
BJ is going to honour the result of the referendum. That’s what the majority wanted. That’s what we are hopefully going to get (there was a time there when I thought it wasn’t going to happen at all) and if that means leaving without a deal, then we just go ahead and make our own deals.
As an aside, my money is on a domino effect... may take a few years but I don’t see a future in the EU as we have come to know it.

Seems like I have guided us off topic there... sorry.

Anyway Iran’s elite troops? :lol: If they are anything like Saddams elite republican guard, and it comes down to it, any ground conflict will be over very quickly indeed. Only one country in the Middle East with elite troops.... Israel. Let’s all hope it doesn’t come to that though...
The question was asked and answered, and a majority of Labour voters went for remain. How else should any Labour leader have responded? People change their minds all the time, and referenda should reflect that. The Athenians had one a week, and would be horrified at the idea of sticking to a decision made four years ago, without a chance to confirm it. Me suggesting a majority of leave voters wanted a deal isn't guesswork, because all the leave advocates insisted we'd get one, and not just a deal but a good deal, and that the EU would be bashing down our door to get one, because they need us more than we need them. They said that anything else was just "project fear" from the remain side. Leave has proved to be wrong in all their promises so far, so good for you for keeping the faith. Let's see how Johnson's promises stack up.

I don't think the US will be deterred by Iran's army, but by the people and terrain.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:33 pm

IanMcL wrote:

:lol:

Give your head a wobble, man.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am
Saudi has nothing to do with this. Neither has previous actions in Iraq or Afghanistan which incidentally in the case of Afghanistan were taken in good faith

But then again maybe you support terrorism and things like no medical treatment or education for women
Saudi has a lot to do with this. Why have we chosen to ally ourselves with a country far more despotic than Iran, and the one from where most of the 9/11 terrorists came from?

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:13 pm

"and a majority of Labour voters went for remain. How else should any Labour leader have responded?"

And where were the majority of labour voters that went for remain? Source and proof please...

He should've responded by realising the overwhelming wish was to leave, and got amongst it. He knew better tho. He wouldn't come out with it....he wanted people to guess what he wanted...or maybe he wanted to see how things were going to go and jump on the winning horse at the last minute. He didn't know better though, and it cost him. He should've listened, like Cooper should've listened. Neither of them listened... And now we have BJ. The labour party and Corbyn in particular are responsible for us being where we are right now. I'm not convinced the country absolutely wanted BJ and his buffoonery, i'm more convinced they absolutely DIDN'T want Corbyn and his amazing magic abacus.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Rocket strikes at US targets in the Middle East,to be expected i suppose,Iran have to be seen to respond at the very least,if for no other reason then keeping their domestic audience onside.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:30 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:13 pm
"and a majority of Labour voters went for remain. How else should any Labour leader have responded?"

And where were the majority of labour voters that went for remain? Source and proof please...

He should've responded by realising the overwhelming wish was to leave, and got amongst it. He knew better tho. He wouldn't come out with it....he wanted people to guess what he wanted...or maybe he wanted to see how things were going to go and jump on the winning horse at the last minute. He didn't know better though, and it cost him. He should've listened, like Cooper should've listened. Neither of them listened... And now we have BJ. The labour party and Corbyn in particular are responsible for us being where we are right now. I'm not convinced the country absolutely wanted BJ and his buffoonery, i'm more convinced they absolutely DIDN'T want Corbyn and his amazing magic abacus.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... tain-voted

See above. The Labour Party stood to lose a lot of support had it come out in favour of leave (and in fact did so during the EU elections). The criticism I'd have of them is they should have forced Johnson into holding a second referendum, in which his deal would be set against Remain. With the Tory opposition they had the numbers to do this. They could have then campaigned on implementing the result. This would have taken brexit off the table as an issue.

What I can't understand about your post is how you can blame Corbyn and Labour for the state the country is in? It's all down to the Tories - they've been in power for nearly ten years, they held the referendum to resolve issues within their party, and they then faffed for three and a half years and got nothing done. I'm sure Corbyn wished none of it ever happened, but he's not actually responsible for any of it.

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:11 pm

If Corbyn and his cronies hadn’t obstructed brexit at every opportunity, then there wouldn’t have been faffing around for three and a half years. They got nothing done purely because of people like JC deliberately trying to have their own way, as opposed to carrying out the democratic will of the people.

You’ve got BJ, because of JC and his absolute unwillingness to talk to anyone unless they are either a terrorist organisation or an ethnic minority.

And the referendum was really designed to quell the popularity of UKIP. Plenty of tories concerned about us being governed by unelected oafs in Brussels and they were possibly seen as a being at a risk of defecting.

Corbyn responsible alright. Maybe not for everything, but his unwillingness to allow the people what THEY wanted has cost him. It may end up costing us all. Time will tell.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am

Wow! When you swallow propaganda...you swallow it hook, line & sinker.
This action is 'Wagging the Dog' in it's most crude and obvious form.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:19 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:11 pm
If Corbyn and his cronies hadn’t obstructed brexit at every opportunity, then there wouldn’t have been faffing around for three and a half years. They got nothing done purely because of people like JC deliberately trying to have their own way, as opposed to carrying out the democratic will of the people.

You’ve got BJ, because of JC and his absolute unwillingness to talk to anyone unless they are either a terrorist organisation or an ethnic minority.

And the referendum was really designed to quell the popularity of UKIP. Plenty of tories concerned about us being governed by unelected oafs in Brussels and they were possibly seen as a being at a risk of defecting.

Corbyn responsible alright. Maybe not for everything, but his unwillingness to allow the people what THEY wanted has cost him. It may end up costing us all. Time will tell.
What you’re saying is impossible.Between when the vote to pass article fifty made it law and January of last year (or was it December?), Theresa May excluded all the opposition parties from having any input, and she only consulted with them after she had exhausted all her efforts at getting her withdrawal agreement through Parliament. During this long period of time Labour’s position was to negotiate a softer Brexit (not scrap Brexit). As I’ve already pointed out, he didn’t have enough MPs to block it anyway. Read the timeline on this link, and you’ll see that time and time again, whenever May was close to getting an agreement within her own party, someone would resign, or rebel, and she’d end up at square one again. Even after Johnson lost his majority, the house still voted for his deal, and it was the government who withdrew it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier ... heresa_May

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:04 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:30 am
As I originally wrote, I don't know where exactly it took place, so this is the wiki article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Iran ... ican_drone

Unsurprisingly, both sides claim different locations.
It seems likely that the US have some satellite evidence which would pinpoint where the thing was when it was shot down.
In the absence of their disclosing this footage I'm assuming that on the balance of probability that the drone wasn't in the US box when it went down.
Where's VAR when you need it?
This all sounds a bit bellgrano-esque, but without the huge loss of life. That war also got thatcher re-elected.....

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:35 pm

I bet even Orwell couldn't forcast a generation of people who call themselves "progressive" who defend a regime who sentence people to death for being LGBT etc, against one of the most liberal countries the world has ever seen.
Twitter has a lot to answer for
These 2 users liked this post: Dazzler burnleymik

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:53 pm

Last edited by Zlatan on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: houseboy Jakubclaret

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 am

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am
Staying up seems to have resorted to personal abuse....a bit Trumpy that! Hopefully, stayingup hasn't got access to weaponry too! :o
Staying up is clearly a few Brain cells short.......... he can't think for himself, he can't put himself in another's shoes. He can only spout what he's read or heard on his right wing media feed....but he does it loudly and with great zeal.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:19 pm
What you’re saying is impossible.Between when the vote to pass article fifty made it law and January of last year (or was it December?), Theresa May excluded all the opposition parties from having any input, and she only consulted with them after she had exhausted all her efforts at getting her withdrawal agreement through Parliament. During this long period of time Labour’s position was to negotiate a softer Brexit (not scrap Brexit). As I’ve already pointed out, he didn’t have enough MPs to block it anyway. Read the timeline on this link, and you’ll see that time and time again, whenever May was close to getting an agreement within her own party, someone would resign, or rebel, and she’d end up at square one again. Even after Johnson lost his majority, the house still voted for his deal, and it was the government who withdrew it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier ... heresa_May
Facts?........he's not interested in facts & never has been!

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:18 am

Damo wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:35 pm
I bet even Orwell couldn't forcast a generation of people who call themselves "progressive" who defend a regime who sentence people to death for being LGBT etc, against one of the most liberal countries the world has ever seen.
Twitter has a lot to answer for
Nobody is defending Iran’s regime, but the rule of law against trump’s blatant assassination

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:36 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 am
Lots of people insist they haven’t been swayed by the right wing media, and yet insist on things they could only think of as facts because they’ve learned them through the right wing media.

We’ve all been swayed by the rightwing media.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 pm

FB_IMG_1578312854971.jpg
FB_IMG_1578312854971.jpg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
:lol:

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Yes in reprisal for them attacking US targets in Iraq. Got what they deserved. Its a dangerous rogue state, whih is fermenting anti- western hatred in the middle east, supporting terrorist groups and fighting Proxy wars to support its anti west programme. and Trump has got them weighed up The attempt by the previous USA adminstartion was admirable but the Iranians just ignored the accord.

How can anyone be fooled with this corrupt regime. Hated by its own subjugated people.

As for war. Maybe. The world will be a better and safer place with this regime gone.
That's what people were conned into believing about Iraq, you know, where ISIS was born after Saddam went? What's the point in fuelling anti-Western feeling even more by killing one guy? Trump has succeeded in stirring up even more hatred in the region. It seems we have learned absolutely nothing since Iraq and the same stupid mistakes are being made. And do you really believe that this is anything more than a pre-election campaign stunt. Everyone knows there is nothing better than a good war to boost your ratings in an election year. There was absolutely no reason at all for this act of stupid aggression toward an already unstable state in a massively unstable region.

What is to be gained from this? Nothing.
What is there to lose? The very real possibiltiy of a war that may see us (as usual) dragged into, a war against a regime that can count among it's (partial) allies Russia. And indeed to a degree China.

The world was a far more dangerous place after the West illegally toppled Saddam, what makes you assume that the world would be safer after a toppling of Iran? Saber rattling is all very well from behind a keyboard but what happens when thousands start dying?
These 3 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing tiger76 longsidepies

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:10 pm

lot of people arguing about things they actually have no real knowledge about and can not connect dots other than, someone (more than one actually but it only matters about the one) killed, ahh Trump yes stupid move.

There are so many nuances, twist and turns leading up to this and there will be quite a few more in the future, which will all be pinned back to this moment in time because Trump takes responsibility for it.

Then of course there is the chance for some to pontificate and try to get there political views over and of course try to score points regarding Brexit which has nothing to do with this event, you lot would make great panelists for a TV show

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:45 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 am
What are the facts?

The only thing definite is the USA took this guy out.
Half the world looked on him as a hero, the other half as a terrorist. He does appear to have been instrumental in propping up Assad in Syria, who is a despot.
The problem with the Muslim world is too many of them hate other Muslims, never mind us.
The sins of Gaddafi, and Hussein were carried out against their own people. Yet we were guilty of supporting these regimes when it suited us. Ive heard it said we should just pull out and let them get on with it, but then the same people complaining about Trumps actions, would complain about his inaction if they started brutalising their neighbours, and we just stood by and did nothing.

I don't pretend to have the answer, its too complicated and the 'facts' are very fudged, I only know I dont want to judge it until all is clear.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:01 am

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:53 pm
C2871846-E013-493E-860B-AA4BF4EA6E56.jpeg
Pretty much sums up where the problem is, I’d find it difficult to argue.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:42 pm

I certainly would Jakub

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 am

Al Asad Air Force Base near Baghdad has been attacked by Iran by the looks of it - hopefully no casualties but if there are then I suspect it will be full blown war

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 am
Al Asad Air Force Base near Baghdad has been attacked by Iran by the looks of it - hopefully no casualties but if there are then I suspect it will be full blown war
It would be one of the shortest wars in history, but the consequences of it would be lingering in decades.
Hopefully no casualties, and it might assuage Iranian pride that they struck back.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:48 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:45 am
What are the facts?

The only thing definite is the USA took this guy out.
Half the world looked on him as a hero, the other half as a terrorist. He does appear to have been instrumental in propping up Assad in Syria, who is a despot.
The problem with the Muslim world is too many of them hate other Muslims, never mind us.
The sins of Gaddafi, and Hussein were carried out against their own people. Yet we were guilty of supporting these regimes when it suited us. Ive heard it said we should just pull out and let them get on with it, but then the same people complaining about Trumps actions, would complain about his inaction if they started brutalising their neighbours, and we just stood by and did nothing.

I don't pretend to have the answer, its too complicated and the 'facts' are very fudged, I only know I dont want to judge it until all is clear.
This is a little black and white, no?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 am
It would be one of the shortest wars in history, but the consequences of it would be lingering in decades.
Hopefully no casualties, and it might assuage Iranian pride that they struck back.
what makes you think it will be a short war ? I think it will be far from that

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:09 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 am
what makes you think it will be a short war ? I think it will be far from that
It would, boots would need to be on the ground playing that out a style of guerilla warfare & they'd be other foreign fighters willing to assist, then the threat of suicide bombs going off in shopping malls, airports ect. It'd be a right can of worms.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:09 am
It would, boots would need to be on the ground playing that out a style of guerilla warfare & they'd be other foreign fighters willing to assist, then the threat of suicide bombs going off in shopping malls, airports ect. It'd be a right can of worms.
if it ends up in war, which I don't think it will, it will be fought from the air, ships and via cyber methods - zero chance of US troops entering Iran

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:34 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 am
if it ends up in war, which I don't think it will, it will be fought from the air, ships and via cyber methods - zero chance of US troops entering Iran
I'm afraid they could have to, I read a article the other day from a respected former Mod professional who was saying they'd have to be a land invasion of some description, that's part of the reason I've formulated this opinion, I'll try to find the same article & post.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:55 am

I took the entire Iranian regime out in little under 3 hours on Call of Duty last night.

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:06 am

Can we talk about football please.

I don't want to die.

4:20
Been Liked: 1061 times
Has Liked: 1177 times

Post by 4:20 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:16 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:55 am
I took the entire Iranian regime out in little under 3 hours on Call of Duty last night.
I'm sure Trump last year said something about completing games quick like "there's no better speedrunner than me, believe me, i get all the high scores" or something like that. Could've been on about his amphetamines though, not sure.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:41 am

This plane crash in Iran seems a bit of a coincidence.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 1558 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 am

Meanwhile, here’s the latest weather forecast in Iran
Attachments
6CF4D80D-3649-4396-BCB2-1C79C1599172.jpeg
6CF4D80D-3649-4396-BCB2-1C79C1599172.jpeg (56.94 KiB) Viewed 1785 times

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am

Holtyclaret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 am
Meanwhile, here’s the latest weather forecast in Iran
Holtyclaret - if it wasn't such a possibility that would be really funny, I just hope that the masters of trump have his leash tightly held

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:55 pm
Saudi has a lot to do with this. Why have we chosen to ally ourselves with a country far more despotic than Iran, and the one from where most of the 9/11 terrorists came from?
Wow, don't go confusing people with the truth. Facts, that's a refreshing change on this board.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:41 am
This plane crash in Iran seems a bit of a coincidence.
Was reading something about people complaining about overnight flights from Abu Dhabi and the like being delayed or cancelled.

You would think people might put 2 and 2 together and understand why that airspace may not be the place to be overnight

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

It was declared by Iranian authorities to be engine failure within about 5 minutes of it happening.

Both engines? At once. With no trace of the aircraft losing speed or falling, just VANISHING at 8,000 feet. On that night of all nights?

I don't believe them.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:20 am

It's hard to see how the assassination of Suleimani was a positive action by the US. The question that arises is 'Will this killing bring any benefits to the world?' or 'How will this improve a problematic situation?' As far as I can see it will just make things a lot worse. It's an act of utter stupidity, which is somewhat in line with Donald Trump's form of government, ie actions taken and words spoken with no real understanding of the consequences.

It's also quite shocking to notice the way in which dishonest words are presented as proven facts. From the Americans we have statements that this man was responsible for innumerable terrorist attacks. Well, which attacks were they? Where were they and who was killed in them? I haven't seen any explanations along those lines.

Then it is said that he was in Iraq to make plans to kill Americans. How do they know that? Is it certain? We will recall the lies that were told by both the Americans and British to justify the invasion of Iraq, so one is naturally sceptical about what is being said in this regard. And Trump has said that this killing will save thousands of American and European lives. How on earth can this be true?

Perhaps I am out of date, but I do find the manner in which obvious falsehoods are put out to the public quite shocking. Maybe what is more remarkable is that there are still many people who will credence to these statements, which on the surface appear to be simply ridiculous.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 am

This "tit for tat" missiles strike on a coalition airbase, that resulted in no casualties and where several of the ballistic missiles apparently failed to even detonate, has all the hallmarks of a staged attack allowing Iran to save face with it's populace and avoid an all out conflict.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:33 am

tarkys_ears wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am
It was declared by Iranian authorities to be engine failure within about 5 minutes of it happening.

Both engines? At once. With no trace of the aircraft losing speed or falling, just VANISHING at 8,000 feet. On that night of all nights?

I don't believe them.
Me neither, almost certainly shot down. More than likely an accident, with the majority of fatalities being Iranian.

Similar to the plane shot down in Ukraine. Makes you think that firing missiles around the sky might be a bit dangerous.