Joe Hart

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Re: Joe Hart

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Amusing that Dyche gets criticised for not taking cups seriously then people have a dig when he doesn’t start our fourth best striker and third best goalkeeper.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32540 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:53 pm
Amusing that Dyche gets criticised for not taking cups seriously then people have a dig when he doesn’t start our fourth best striker and third best goalkeeper.
Just people looking for any opportunity to have a go at the best manager we’ve had in half a century. Can’t believe anyone questioning Hart playing or starting with Wood & Rodriguez up front.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:53 pm
I'm surprised you think there'd be anything wrong or contradictory in the above with starting Vydra against Peterborough. There are good reasons why he could've played.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:56 pm
I'm surprised you think there'd be anything wrong or contradictory in the above with starting Vydra against Peterborough. There are good reasons why he could've played.
People whinge and complain he doesn’t take it seriously and then people whinge when he plays a strong team.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 pm
People whinge and complain he doesn’t take it seriously and then people whinge when he plays a strong team.
Playing Vydra instead of Wood would still have been a strong team.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:05 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:56 pm
I would have been fine with Vydra playing. But Dyche has been relentlessly criticised for playing weak teams in cup games yet gets criticised for playing a stronger team. He can’t really win.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:09 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:05 pm
I would have been fine with Vydra playing. But Dyche has been relentlessly criticised for playing weak teams in cup games yet gets criticised for playing a stronger team. He can’t really win.
I've no doubt there are some people who would criticise regardless. It's pretty obvious which ones. It seems we agree there was an case for starting Vydra. The same would have applied to Gibson in my mind had he been available.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:11 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:00 pm
Playing Vydra instead of Wood would still have been a strong team.
And then people would moan if we lose. Vydra has been away for a while after becoming a dad and hasn’t trained much. Maybe that was a reason.

Would still have been a strong team if we’d played Dunne instead of Tarky or Benson instead of Cork. Dyche said he was going to go strong, the view on here was that he should. He did and now people moan at not playing players you wouldn’t expect to play.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:14 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:11 pm
And then people would moan if we lose. Vydra has been away for a while after becoming a dad and hasn’t trained much. Maybe that was a reason.

Would still have been a strong team if we’d played Dunne instead of Tarky or Benson instead of Cork. Dyche said he was going to go strong, the view on here was that he should. He did and now people moan at not playing players you wouldn’t expect to play.
Some would, yes. Doesn't alter the fact that it's an entirely reasonable suggestion that Vydra should've started.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:17 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:14 pm
Some would, yes. Doesn't alter the fact that it's an entirely reasonable suggestion that Vydra should've started.
I don’t get it. Barnes our, surely the one sensible option was to start with Wood & Rodriguez. Why is it a reasonable suggestion to start with Vydra?

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:17 pm
I don’t get it. Barnes our, surely the one sensible option was to start with Wood & Rodriguez. Why is it a reasonable suggestion to start with Vydra?
Yes a case for Wood and Rodriguez. But also a case for Rodriguez and Vydra. Wood has played lots of football and could have picked up an injury. Opportunity for one of our most expensive signings and international players to make an impression and increase his sharpness and confidence in the event he's needed in the PL through injury or suspension. Are those not reasonable factors?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:29 pm

I was surprised Wood started tbh. He has been carrying a bit of an injury recently and this is not the first time he has felt his hamstring tighten in the last month or so.
I know we will have fully medically assessed him etc but the statistics of injuries over the busy Christmas period in this league have been pretty alarming and surely the odds for Wood are increased if he has felt his hamstring recently.
Would have made sense to give him a break - but I’m sure Dyche wanted to win the game yesterday and Vydra missing the last few games may not have been fit to start himself.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:29 pm
I was surprised Wood started tbh. He has been carrying a bit of an injury recently and this is not the first time he has felt his hamstring tighten in the last month or so.
I know we will have fully medically assessed him etc but the statistics of injuries over the busy Christmas period in this league have been pretty alarming and surely the odds for Wood are increased if he has felt his hamstring recently.
Would have made sense to give him a break - but I’m sure Dyche wanted to win the game yesterday and Vydra missing the last few games may not have been fit to start himself.
I did expect Wood to start if fit and with Vydra not having been training I’d have been very surprised if he had.

Vydra, as I’ve posted elsewhere today, is the latest player to become a world star when he’s not playing. I just don’t understand the clamour for him to start games.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm
I did expect Wood to start if fit and with Vydra not having been training I’d have been very surprised if he had.

Vydra, as I’ve posted elsewhere today, is the latest player to become a world star when he’s not playing. I just don’t understand the clamour for him to start games.
Agree with that - and I would have been happy to see Jay start with Richardson. I know he may not be quite ready yet but at least unlike Vydra he is playing and scoring for the u23s and for me he is far more the future than Vydra who will know himself now that it’s unlikely this club is his future.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 pm
Agree with that - and I would have been happy to see Jay start with Richardson. I know he may not be quite ready yet but at least unlike Vydra he is playing and scoring for the u23s and for me he is far more the future than Vydra who will know himself now that it’s unlikely this club is his future.
I wouldn't have expected Richardson to start even in an FA cup game,thought he might have merited a place on the bench though.On the other hand like a lot of PL teams,we fielded a strong bench as an insurance policy i guess,in case things didn't go to plan,it's tough to get the balance 100% between giving fringe players minutes,introducing youth,and most importantly picking a squad that gives us the best chance of progressing to the next round,by and large we got it right,and clearly getting a 3 goal lead after 20 minutes helps. :)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 pm
Would have been a massive ask to play Richardson. I do agree with you that Vydra just can’t have impressed enough and I don’t see him having a long term first team future here.

On the subject of Richardson, his strike partner McGlynn looks good too.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Just maybe because we spent a lot on money on the investment with no chance of return because of a stubborn manager

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 pm
Would have been a massive ask to play Richardson. I do agree with you that Vydra just can’t have impressed enough and I don’t see him having a long term first team future here.

On the subject of Richardson, his strike partner McGlynn looks good too.
Yes I accept he is still a bit young and may not be ready. Even playing for the u23s he is having to step up against much older, bigger and experienced lads / men. But I would say from the 2 or 3 times I have seen him the one thing that stood out was how brave he was - he is confident in his own ability and gives it back to the defenders....he was a menace and never gave them a minutes piece.
Honestly think he is the real deal and if it’s better to keep him under wraps for a while and let him develop further with the u23s then that’s absolutely fine.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 pm
Yes I accept he is still a bit young and may not be ready. Even playing for the u23s he is having to step up against much older, bigger and experienced lads / men. But I would say from the 2 or 3 times I have seen him the one thing that stood out was how brave he was - he is confident in his own ability and gives it back to the defenders....he was a menace and never gave them a minutes piece.
Honestly think he is the real deal and if it’s better to keep him under wraps for a while and let him develop further with the u23s then that’s absolutely fine.
I hate getting over excited about a player so young but he’s not looked out of place at U23 level. Really good news when we were able to keep him this summer.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 pm
I hate getting over excited about a player so young but he’s not looked out of place at U23 level. Really good news when we were able to keep him this summer.
Would like to see this lad play before judgement but sounds hopeful.

What's the old saying if you are good enough then you are old enough

1fatclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by 1fatclaret » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:44 pm
Ive no axe to grind with Hart, but you call it as you see it, and he contributed to both goals.
Yes Lowts back header was awful, but I couldnt see any need for Hart to be that far off his line, he opened the whole bloody goal up. For a keeper who is glued to his line for every cross it was bizarre decision making.
Tarks effort for the second was also pathetic, but when that ball was bouncing around him, Harts arms were glued to his sides. Just grab the bloody ball, or at least attempt to. Nick would have swallowed that ball up and the dangers gone.

It isn't the end of the world, we won, but anyone who thinks Hart had a good game is kidding themselves.
There’s a few options here.
1) you’ve not seen a replay
2) you don’t like joe hart
3) you don’t understand football.

The first goal has nothing to do with how far he was off his line. His starting position was absolutely correct, just ahead of the penalty spot, giving his defenders a simple back pass option. He ended up miles off his line, to the left of his penalty area because of the terrible header. if he hadn’t gone to attempt to clear, it would have been a simple, pressure free finish.

Please watch it again. It’s on iPlayer
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Dark Cloud

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:40 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:33 pm
Would like to see this lad play before judgement but sounds hopeful.

What's the old saying if you are good enough then you are old enough
Adam Idah at Norwich. Came on as a sub last week and looked fearless.

First start yesterday away at Preston. Hat trick.

Age is to his advantage. Hes fearless.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 pm
It is the same few posters though who tend to moan about most things at the club, for some when we win they have to sink to stupid childish comments about anything at the club rather than the result.

Lets hope we get a really good draw next round and them who spent last week telling everyone how they have no interest in the cup can prove it