Dyche - "Mike Rigg has had it tougher than expected"

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Dyche - "Mike Rigg has had it tougher than expected"

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm

A little from Mr Dyche on Mike Riggs time at Burnley and the challenges he's facing

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... 1-10184010

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Dyche - "Mike Rigg has had it tougher than expected"

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Apparently Iv read 2 articles already this month

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:46 pm

"Burnley, with no sugar daddy to supplement the Premier League prize money, have long had to live within their means, hence the need to spread the net for targets to try and find value.

And while Dyche admits Rigg has produced some ideal players, the finances simply don’t add up at the club to pursue them any further"

Well surely that means he needs to adjust the criteria. Anybody can produce a list of "some ideal players", but if they aren't feasible then whats the point

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Looks like Rigg serving his purpose as the fall guy now then.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Rigg this last week.

I don’t know how our recruitment system works, but our problems and challenges are not new. There are common factors in our ongoing struggles and Rigg hasn’t been here long enough to be one of those factors.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:53 pm

This is where it is falling down at the moment

Vydra, Gibson each on 30k a week maybe? Never play

Or someone in to vastly improve the first team on 50k a week.

At some point we will have to back the judgement, or we will be stuck in an eternal cycle of buying players who are no better than we already have.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm

I don’t know how our recruitment system works, but our problems and challenges are not new. There are common factors in our ongoing struggles and Rigg hasn’t been here long enough to be one of those factors.
Exactly this.
Let’s refrain from the comments like “what the hell does Rigg do ? What are we paying him for ?” Etc etc

There is one person who makes decisions at Burnley as to whether we can afford a player or not and how much our manager has to spend - it’s not hard to work out who that is.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Another long winded article trotting out a list of reasons why we are unable to identify and sign players that will improve the starting 11, something that most other clubs seem to be able to do. What is missing from the article is the steps that Rigg and the club have taken in the 13 months he has been in our employ to overcome these barriers. Exploring alternative markets, adapting the criteria etc. And one of the most alarming sentences in the whole article is:

"We got Crouchy who did brilliant for us coming in this way, so that one worked for everyone, right for the players and right for the clubs at the time". Really? 6 appearances from the subs bench, 0 goals in 5 months is classed as doing brilliantly for us? Christ on a bike that takes some spin to qualify those stats as a success. The only successful part is that we trousered 10m for Vokes, which distills down the rhetoric that seems to come out of the club. Forget about the turgid football you are watching, forget about us being dragged into a relegation battle, forget about us going out of a cup competition at home to a side 2 divisions below us, forget about the absence of a midfield worthy of the name, look how much money we have.
These 5 users liked this post: claretfern cockneyclaret Corky Rumpelstiltskin jojomk1

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm

I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that he had been brought in to address the issues we have with recruitment.

That article reads to me as though we are just exactly where we were. In which case, what’s the point?

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 pm

The way our club is run in this department is a total joke.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:12 pm

This was from the official website when he was appointed.

“However, Mike stood out as someone who we feel can help move the club forward in terms of identifying and hiring the best possible footballing talent, both on a national and international basis.

“It’s an area of the club that we need to invest in and improve further, and we feel sure that Mike’s wealth of experience will be a valuable asset to us.”

Clarets boss Dyche added: “I have mentioned over the past couple of years how important it is to grow all areas of the club, and recruitment structuring and how we want to go forward, is an important part of that.

“I think at the end of a good process for the club, involving myself and the chairman, amongst others, we have found someone who can help the club to grow.

“By bringing in Mike, I think it’s a great opportunity for him to stamp his side on the way that we work.

“Within the role it’s not just recruitment, but that’s a big part of it, and with Mike’s background, both here and abroad, in searching for the right players for Burnley Football Club, I think that experience will be needed and used wisely, and that’s what we’ll look to Mike to add to what we already do.”

Sproggy
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:15 pm

> And while Dyche admits Rigg has produced some ideal players, the finances simply don’t add up at the club to pursue them any further"

So not really "ideal" then. Did he produce his spreadsheet before he knew the financial constraints?
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm
Another long winded article trotting out a list of reasons why we are unable to identify and sign players that will improve the starting 11, something that most other clubs seem to be able to do. What is missing from the article is the steps that Rigg and the club have taken in the 13 months he has been in our employ to overcome these barriers. Exploring alternative markets, adapting the criteria etc. And one of the most alarming sentences in the whole article is:

"We got Crouchy who did brilliant for us coming in this way, so that one worked for everyone, right for the players and right for the clubs at the time". Really? 6 appearances from the subs bench, 0 goals in 5 months is classed as doing brilliantly for us? Christ on a bike that takes some spin to qualify those stats as a success. The only successful part is that we trousered 10m for Vokes, which distills down the rhetoric that seems to come out of the club. Forget about the turgid football you are watching, forget about us being dragged into a relegation battle, forget about us going out of a cup competition at home to a side 2 divisions below us, forget about the absence of a midfield worthy of the name, look how much money we have.
I don't really see how you can look at the second half of last season and not think it was good. Are you saying it didn't work? Or are you saying that if we had kept Vokes and not signed Crouch, it would have been better?

Or for that matter, if Vokes had been still here, presumably instead of Rodriguez, would we be better off?

Herts Clarets

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:22 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:16 pm
I don't really see how you can look at the second half of last season and not think it was good. Are you saying it didn't work? Or are you saying that if we had kept Vokes and not signed Crouch, it would have been better?

Or for that matter, if Vokes had been still here, presumably instead of Rodriguez, would we be better off?
The statement says that "Crouchy did brilliant for us". Aside from the transfer fee we received for Vokes, he contributed very little while he was at Burnley.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:22 pm
The statement says that "Crouchy did brilliant for us". Aside from the transfer fee we received for Vokes, he contributed very little while he was at Burnley.
It depends to what extent that you can take one incident out of a season and assume that nothing else would have changed. Burnley did all right in the second half of last season; with hindsight, going back in time, I wouldn't change anything for fear of knock-on effects. How much did Crouch contribute other than on the field?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:25 pm

So Rigg has been brought in to be the scapegoat for transfers when in reality Garlick isn’t making the funds available. Smart from Garlick but you don’t fool us that easy

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:28 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 pm
I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that he had been brought in to address the issues we have with recruitment.

That article reads to me as though we are just exactly where we were. In which case, what’s the point?
That might be a fair question. If there’s no such thing as a hidden gem any more because of the coverage all our competitors have in terms of recruitment and the desire of foreign clubs & players to take advantage of the PL pound, then he may be on a hiding to nothing.

Realistically, what kind of players could he identify that we could move forward on if we’re as far behind the financial curve as SD & Garlick have suggested in recent days?

The only answer appears to be to push our boundaries, but it’s becoming increasingly apparent that the club aren’t willing to do that.
Last edited by agreenwood on Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Just posted this in a thread which could do with being merged but it's a good point so I'll make it again :p
---
It's not really an article about Rigg, Dyche is explaining again to the fans why the market is difficult for us but he's using Rigg's appointment as a framing device.
He mentions Rigg once right at the start basically saying he's finding it a challenge.
Then goes on to explain in great detail the challenges the club face when signing players and how crazy the market is.
If anyone wonders why we have trouble signing players it all right there clearly explained.
Last edited by CombatClaret on Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Down_Rover

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Perhaps the problem is that he's using the same analytics as other clubs so he's identifying the same players. We have to find good players that other Premier clubs don't want.

Herts Clarets

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:35 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:24 pm
It depends to what extent that you can take one incident out of a season and assume that nothing else would have changed. Burnley did all right in the second half of last season; with hindsight, going back in time, I wouldn't change anything for fear of knock-on effects. How much did Crouch contribute other than on the field?
Sure he was a "good egg" around the dressing room but you don't get any points for that. And he missed the last 2 months of the season following appendix surgery.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:37 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Perhaps the problem is that he's using the same analytics as other clubs so he's identifying the same players. We have to find good players that other Premier clubs don't want.
The sentiment is good but it's also quite reductive. Like when people say we need to find the hidden gems, the cheap player that are quality but no one wants.
As if that's not what every other team in the world is also trying to do.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:45 pm

the bigger issue is that he is not the first and I suspect wont be the last, issues arise where in a job like this you have start wondering what am I doing here.

I think nearly everyone suspects we don't have a capable recruitment and scouting org for players from overseas, you'd think we could have set something better up over the last 5 - 20 years regarding Europe let alone looking at the Americas but we simply don't have anything from what I have read and obviously from the fruits of it if we had.

We have been a club cherry picking from lower leagues but young talent is not something I have ever really seen come in, good players have always been established in some way, I put Trippier and Mee in with lower league established players, Tarks, Vokes, etc.

This has always been Plan A, like many you continue to want to see players coming through the system, one in ten plus years tells you that you can not rely upon that as a sustainable plan, that's the exception that can delight if it happens like McNeil, but even that mainly happened through to an injury or we might never have seen it as it is today.

I would have thought earmarking a substantial amount in networking overseas could pay off very quickly and this is what I see as missing that I would like to see established and am not talking about throwing money at this but having a strategic plan, maybe it is happening behind the scenes. I see people like Rigg coming in and look at there CV and think ohhh this could be good, this can make a difference but they appear to leave without having established this and leaves me wondering whether the direction is forget the long term plan and concentrate on wins now in this season. If we keep doing the same then you really can not expect different outcomes and for that reason I don't see much happening, you hope the club statements are to camouflage what they want but it is a flimsy hope, confirmed by last day buys that don't inspire at all.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm
Another long winded article trotting out a list of reasons why we are unable to identify and sign players that will improve the starting 11, something that most other clubs seem to do.
I’m as frustrated as anyone with the lack of transfer activity over the last few windows, but before making statements like this (or “total joke” as another poster put it) ask yourself this question: which clubs operating at a similar level to us over the last 4 or 5 years have been consistently more successful than us? For surely the proof of a successful transfer policy must be measured on the pitch.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Question: would some of Brentford's recent past and current players get in this current Burnley team?

Answer: Yes, and indeed some have.

So how are they doing it, then?

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Are there no players anywhere in the World who are as good as or better than what we have, and whose transfer fee and or wages we can afford ?...None at all ??
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:00 pm

I'd love to know what the short, medium and long term strategy is, it just feels like they are winging it at the minute.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:25 pm
So Rigg has been brought in to be the scapegoat for transfers when in reality Garlick isn’t making the funds available. Smart from Garlick but you don’t fool us that easy
It appears he can, Mike Garlick sits in his comfy seat whilst
The Manager
The players
The Coaches
Mile Rigg
And even the training ground for goodness sake gets stick before our chairman

Theres 1 man to blame here, however he seems to go about his business without question.

Theres a reason our club penny pinches the way it does, and that's because of the man at the top.
It runs right through the club

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 pm

So, Garlic Out, is that it then Macca?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:34 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 pm
So, Garlic Out, is that it then Macca?
As I've said for a while, however it often gets deleated, my opinion is

Garlick stinks

His decisions don't sit right with me.

So in short yes, I think he needs to go for the club to move forwards and become a family/community club again, where the fans ( especially the next generation) are not used as some sort of cow they milk at every opportunity.

But as he's a fan, he always puts the club first which is clear to everyone, isnt it?

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Couldn't be clearer, thank you, your opinion is noted :)
This user liked this post: dsr

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 pm

claretandy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:00 pm
I'd love to know what the short, medium and long term strategy is, it just feels like they are winging it at the minute.
Thats the problem there is no strategy other than hope all these young lads who were let go at other clubs making the grade - our U23 team will be our 1st team in 2 years.
This user liked this post: cloggerclaret

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:46 pm

In the same vein as the Under 23’s philosophy, I’m pretty sure there must be players within our “market” that currently cant get into the top six clubs squads we can be taking a risk and making offers for.

Howe had exactly the same constraints (even more so with regards to available finances and league position), but he wheeled and dealed in a way, when purchasing Mee and Trippier for instance with large sell on clauses.

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:51 pm

I simply refuse to believe that in a company like BFC that there is no strategy, I'm sure there is every year and it has kept the team in the Premier League for a few years.

However, I do believe that the recruitment strategy is not working and has not been working effectively for a while now and it's not just this year. It is the recap of the previous year and how strategies for numerous elements worked, looking to tweak some and radically change others that I think is missing, even change in personnel in charge off that group/division whatever fails to see improvements that causes a huge amount of frustration among the fans.

cloggerclaret
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by cloggerclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:00 pm

the transfer policy over the last few years has been nothing short of a disgrace.when did we sign a player an outfield that went straight in to first team which was wood bk in august 2017 .im a massive dyche fan but money has been wasted over the last couple of years wells,hart,gibson,Vydra to name a few i can only see us going one way which is relegation back to the championship
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:07 pm

The "ideal players" that Mike Rigg has supposedly "identified" are obviously not hidden gems or players under the radar hence the reason that they are well beyond Burnley's reach financially. There is no point wandering around the Food Hall in Harrods when you are well aware that the money in your purse will only allow you to shop at Lidl.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Might as well get rid and save a wage then :mrgreen:

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:11 pm

The issue here is very simple.

The club has implemented a two pronged approach:

1. Any transfer must be be value for money.
2. Any transfer must also meet the manager’s stringent criteria.

The problem then is that the two rarely lead to transfers getting over the line. In my experience (which, in terms of being a value for money expert, is significant) the key is how “value” is judged.

I’ll (again) compare and contrast to politics - sorry if that annoys people. We have had decades of under investment in the north because Treasury rules say each proposal is poor value for money. Now these rules are set to be rewritten which means many proposals will start to get the green light. Great news no matter which direction we all lean in.

Maybe Mike Garlick and the board need to look at their own VFM rules and consider if they, like the Treasury, have made a mistake in how they apply them? Not least in terms of the probability of selling players if we go down (probably their fear) - if the market is indeed a sellers market, surely that makes it more likely that if we need big money from a sale we could get it?

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Reckoner » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm

MACCA wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:34 pm
As I've said for a while, however it often gets deleated, my opinion is

Garlick stinks

His decisions don't sit right with me.

So in short yes, I think he needs to go for the club to move forwards and become a family/community club again, where the fans ( especially the next generation) are not used as some sort of cow they milk at every opportunity.

But as he's a fan, he always puts the club first which is clear to everyone, isnt it?
How are the fans being milked given the tickets have stayed the same price for so long?

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Reckoner » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Just as a general comment too you lot whinging and bleating constantly really need to get a life or something else in your life at least.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 pm

Villa to sign Giroud and Drinkwater from Chelsea. They're not messing about replacing injured players and don't seem to have issues recruiting quickly. Drinkwater will be superb for them with game time too.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Reckoner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm
How are the fans being milked given the tickets have stayed the same price for so long?
Its the little things like premium rate phone lines when trying to ring the club, charging kids to be mascots etc etc. Little things like that can tell you a hell of a lot.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:33 pm

That explains your bitterness finally, you want to be a mascot but it isn't free.

I think we could have a whip round and make your dream come true, how much is it ?
This user liked this post: simonclaret

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:38 pm

Reckoner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm
Yay the tickets are frozen again, let's ignore everything else thsts wrong.

Season ticket sales are a fraction of the clubs income, and I doubt theyd dare increase them after the last few seasons failures in the transfer windows.

As long as season tickets are frozen and theres huge profits being made year on year alls well and good for most.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:43 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:27 pm
Its the little things like premium rate phone lines when trying to ring the club, charging kids to be mascots etc etc. Little things like that can tell you a hell of a lot.

Think its also flag wavers, player escorts, a long with the Childrens Christmas party plus much more that are all now charged for. All previously free.

Great business sense, not sure what those figures total upto in our 25m a season profit.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:46 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:07 pm
The "ideal players" that Mike Rigg has supposedly "identified" are obviously not hidden gems or players under the radar hence the reason that they are well beyond Burnley's reach financially. There is no point wandering around the Food Hall in Harrods when you are well aware that the money in your purse will only allow you to shop at Lidl.
The above is an excellent and I might add humorous analogy. I was about to post that Mike Rigg has to work to a very clear criteria and it is one that appears to be so specific and narrow in definition that it is almost impossible to identify a player that fits our financial business plan.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:54 pm
Question: would some of Brentford's recent past and current players get in this current Burnley team?
Answer: Yes, and indeed some have.
So how are they doing it, then?
Are you going to point at every team in the world who has a player which would improve our squad and use it as an example of Burnely's failure not to sign them..?

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 pm

With all this talk of "must be value for money" and "Dyche's stringent criteria' it beggars belief that we signed Drinkwater on loan costing tens of thousands of pounds a week in wages and paid millions for Vydra neither of whom ever got/get a look in at first team action.

£25 million profit looks good on the Balance Sheet but makes not a jot of difference to the Team Sheet.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:01 pm

I suppose what we should be looking for from any further press opportunities is an explanation from the Chairman or the Manager or indeed Rigg as to how they intend to resolve this imponderable issue.

Don't just tell us what the problem is but advise us as to what they believe to be the solution.

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 pm

"MACCA: But as he's a fan, he always puts the club first which is clear to everyone, isnt it?"

What are you implying with this Macca? That MG is lining his own pockets rather than investing for the Club? You seem to have an axe to grind with MG as you have passed similar comments in the past. From your posts you also come over as being quite close to the Club - an employee perhaps? I can't figure out what your gripe is to be honest.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Corky wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:01 pm
I suppose what we should be looking for from any further press opportunities is an explanation from the Chairman or the Manager or indeed Rigg as to how they intend to resolve this imponderable issue.

Don't just tell us what the problem is but advise us as to what they believe to be the solution.
To some extent for Burnley an insolvable problem, but here's they way they face it

“We have a pot of money and might spend it if the right opportunities arise. We’re looking for value on players, and if we can find that, we spend it, if we don’t, we leave it.”

It's so simple, accept it (and accept we all know less about football transfer than the people who's job it is) then get behind the club.
This user liked this post: jtv