No longer tabboo but have you seen anyone in it?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6171 times

No longer tabboo but have you seen anyone in it?

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/202001 ... e-of-latex

Since most here are guys I would guess, have your wives/GF's every worn it and more importantly out in normal public?

Obviously same question for any females

Plus what are your thoughts on first seeing someone in this, I personally would hazard a guess at it being a stereotypical answer/reaction. I well remember seeing some of the people mentioned regarding wearing this and my perception has certainly changed over many years.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: No longer tabboo but have you seen anyone in it?

Post by deanothedino » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm

KateR wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/202001 ... e-of-latex

Since most here are guys I would guess, have your wives/GF's every worn it and more importantly out in normal public?

Obviously same question for any females

Plus what are your thoughts on first seeing someone in this, I personally would hazard a guess at it being a stereotypical answer/reaction. I well remember seeing some of the people mentioned regarding wearing this and my perception has certainly changed over many years.
Been out with a few latex clad "nurses" at halloween :lol:

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Still a no from me, maybe a ‘City look’ but if my Mrs wore that in Foulridge social club I’m sure it would create a few whispers around the village lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm
Been out with a few latex clad "nurses" at halloween :lol:
I think most people have met with others in latex at Halloween or at fancy dress parties and there will be very few who have seen let alone met or been out with someone in latex wear. Strangely enough for me at least, is that of those who have it will be women in latex in the vast majority but I have my own ideas as to why that is :)

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm

KateR wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm
I think most people have met with others in latex at Halloween or at fancy dress parties and there will be very few who have seen let alone met or been out with someone in latex wear. Strangely enough for me at least, is that of those who have it will be women in latex in the vast majority but I have my own ideas as to why that is :)
Yes, I can't recall being with anyone in latex outside of fancy dress.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:47 pm

My mate went to a fancy in just a pair of Y-fronts ...

When asked what he was dressed as.

He said "a premature ejaculation".... after a few puzzled looks he repeated it.... still puzzled looks...

Exasperated he tells them "I've come in my pants"
These 2 users liked this post: KateR IanMcL

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm
Still a no from me, maybe a ‘City look’ but if my Mrs wore that in Foulridge social club I’m sure it would create a few whispers around the village lol: :lol:
Cleary something that you'd only wear in certain public places, don't think going to the Boot in it would be fun or even Fence Gate lol.

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:50 pm

been to quite a few fancy dress parties and do really like them when people make the effort. at one a guy came in his flipflops, shorts, T shirt with a large letter E hung from his neck, he had numerous people asking what he had come as, including me :)

Hopey1786
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Hopey1786 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:05 pm

I wear it regular

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:27 pm

and exactly what is it you wear regularly Hopey, typing with trepidation here lol

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Maybe we’ll soon see some latex Burnley shirts holding beer bellies in on a match day. Hopefully not though. It would be easier to wipe spilled pies off though.

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm

scary thought lol, but yes definitely easier to clean so that's a bonus :)

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Saw a lass two years ago in Croyde on New Year's Eve, she absolutely stunning, about six-foot and, probably, the hottest Catwoman ever so it's a yes from me.
I also like the wet-look/leather trouser look but, as always, the woman wearing them has to have the figure for them otherwise it can be quite gruesome.

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 pm

so many women have to have the figure to wear numerous so called fashions, latex definitely one of them as clearly hugs every curve and shows what most try to hide.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Probably seen enough of the look to inspire a natural curiosity. However I’ve never had a girlfriend, partner or wife who has brought up the subject and neither have I broached the subject. It’s never been what I would class a fetish or specific preference of mine so any curiosity is only ever awakened when the subject is brought up by others like your good self. Would I be right in guessing that you have dabbled and enjoyed KateR?

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 1792 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Saw a lass two years ago in Croyde on New Year's Eve, she absolutely stunning, about six-foot and, probably, the hottest Catwoman ever so it's a yes from me.
I also like the wet-look/leather trouser look but, as always, the woman wearing them has to have the figure for them otherwise it can be quite gruesome.

You sure it was a woman? :shock:

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2166 times
Has Liked: 3097 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Yup, but i dare say lasses are more adventurous in these parts.

Saying that i also know a couple of redheaded irish twins who are absolute stunners who wear that sort of stuff

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:38 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm
You sure it was a woman? :shock:

We got into a drunken clinch and, yep, it was definitely a woman. I've not washed my hand since. ;)

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Latex condoms are as close as I've come! (Pardon the pun!) :lol:

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:25 pm
Probably seen enough of the look to inspire a natural curiosity. However I’ve never had a girlfriend, partner or wife who has brought up the subject and neither have I broached the subject. It’s never been what I would class a fetish or specific preference of mine so any curiosity is only ever awakened when the subject is brought up by others like your good self. Would I be right in guessing that you have dabbled and enjoyed KateR?
Yes I bought a skirt and top for a fancy dress, was very surprised how it flattered certain parts and went out very self conscious, at the party I certainly attracted some attention, mostly guys just looking, a few commented but numerous women asking about the outfit, where I got it etc.

I didn't go anywhere in public with it, when I saw Kim K out in a dress I thought it was awesome and she was out there in public, of course she has the figure and loves the limelight. I have since then had two dresses made to measure for me, both times approaching Christmas and worn them in public for Christmas parties, in central London I hasten to add and would never dream of wearing them in Burnley for example.

Now I am much older than Kim K and do worry about the mutton in sheep's clothing, yet when out I was totally surprised at the lack of attention it brought, the first time in public I sat at the table with my coat on for quite a while and refused to give it to the wait staff because I was far to nervous. When I was eventually tempted to take the coat off I was of course in the middle of the restaurant, which was simply terrifying, but as I took it off and sat down I was looking around and realized no one had batted an eyelid lol.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:58 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:59 pm
Yes I bought a skirt and top for a fancy dress, was very surprised how it flattered certain parts and went out very self conscious, at the party I certainly attracted some attention, mostly guys just looking, a few commented but numerous women asking about the outfit, where I got it etc.

I didn't go anywhere in public with it, when I saw Kim K out in a dress I thought it was awesome and she was out there in public, of course she has the figure and loves the limelight. I have since then had two dresses made to measure for me, both times approaching Christmas and worn them in public for Christmas parties, in central London I hasten to add and would never dream of wearing them in Burnley for example.

Now I am much older than Kim K and do worry about the mutton in sheep's clothing, yet when out I was totally surprised at the lack of attention it brought, the first time in public I sat at the table with my coat on for quite a while and refused to give it to the wait staff because I was far to nervous. When I was eventually tempted to take the coat off I was of course in the middle of the restaurant, which was simply terrifying, but as I took it off and sat down I was looking around and realized no one had batted an eyelid lol.
Very handy for sloppy eaters tbf :lol:

Darnhill Claret

Post by Darnhill Claret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:58 pm

It would certainly make you seem extra confident and that would make some guys less likely to approach you. Interesting that other women were openly asking for more info. Hope you inspired at least one of them to investigate further. I love that individual confidence in a woman. I would always encourage a woman to go for it if they were contemplating trying something a little different. More power to you KateR. Has the experience made you think about being more liberated in your dress sense generally (in public) or will you just be waiting for special occasions?

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:58 pm
It would certainly make you seem extra confident and that would make some guys less likely to approach you. Interesting that other women were openly asking for more info. Hope you inspired at least one of them to investigate further. I love that individual confidence in a woman. I would always encourage a woman to go for it if they were contemplating trying something a little different. More power to you KateR. Has the experience made you think about being more liberated in your dress sense generally (in public) or will you just be waiting for special occasions?
I think I have always been somewhat liberated in my dress sense and tend to ignore many conventions such as you need to be below a certain age to wear something, I tend to like classical clothes which tend to be better made and last longer but never really go out of fashion. My sister for example is nearly always in pants, where I rarely wear them, fashion is a hobby and have been to a few fashion shows which I always enjoy and can be a good day/night out with friends. I don't tend to follow fads, I don't really like slutty clothes/styles, which is a bit of a conundrum give this particular topic of clothing as am sure many would think slutty/sexual at the mere mention of going out in latex clothing. I would say my marigold gloves for washing up do not feel the same lol. Certainly wearing my latex has only been for special occasions up to now and would expect to continue like that, the last time was when 10 girls met for Christmas dinner in London and going to a "fancy" restaurant in Fitzrovia followed by music/dancing at a club. We met in a hotel for pre-dinner drinks and when I took my coat off I noticed several wide eyed looks and one women who I did not know actually said "you can't go out looking like that"! When we entered the restaurant and took coats off, the girl taking us to our table exclaimed, I love your dress, no mention to anyone else and yes it made feel special :) She also brought a couple of the wait staff back to look at my special dress, obviously no one was going to say it's horrible. The girl who made the comments I did not know actually apologized to me at a small intimate dinner gathering a month or so later and mention my "PVC", so of course there was a discourse where I explained the difference in PVC and Latex, I think she now has the message.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat IanMcL

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm
I think I have always been somewhat liberated in my dress sense and tend to ignore many conventions such as you need to be below a certain age to wear something, I tend to like classical clothes which tend to be better made and last longer but never really go out of fashion. My sister for example is nearly always in pants, where I rarely wear them, fashion is a hobby and have been to a few fashion shows which I always enjoy and can be a good day/night out with friends. I don't tend to follow fads, I don't really like slutty clothes/styles, which is a bit of a conundrum give this particular topic of clothing as am sure many would think slutty/sexual at the mere mention of going out in latex clothing. I would say my marigold gloves for washing up do not feel the same lol. Certainly wearing my latex has only been for special occasions up to now and would expect to continue like that, the last time was when 10 girls met for Christmas dinner in London and going to a "fancy" restaurant in Fitzrovia followed by music/dancing at a club. We met in a hotel for pre-dinner drinks and when I took my coat off I noticed several wide eyed looks and one women who I did not know actually said "you can't go out looking like that"! When we entered the restaurant and took coats off, the girl taking us to our table exclaimed, I love your dress, no mention to anyone else and yes it made feel special :) She also brought a couple of the wait staff back to look at my special dress, obviously no one was going to say it's horrible. The girl who made the comments I did not know actually apologized to me at a small intimate dinner gathering a month or so later and mention my "PVC", so of course there was a discourse where I explained the difference in PVC and Latex, I think she now has the message.
So not down to Torture Garden just yet? (Probably not one to google at work, btw)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:18 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 pm
So not down to Torture Garden just yet? (Probably not one to google at work, btw)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Torture Gardens, lol seems to be going in a different tangent now and of course discussing wearing latex I can see that happening, mind beginning to bogle a little now!.

I am laughing to myself now wondering how many people have been googling Torture Gardens :) Sounds very BDSM, which is another subject all together and not one for this website, unless of course it's about footballers in latex and boots in a garden but since the warning not to open at work, I'll go with my first guess!

I am left musing, just how much does Zizcov know about Torture Gardens and where is it.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:37 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 pm
Torture Gardens, lol seems to be going in a different tangent now and of course discussing wearing latex I can see that happening, mind beginning to bogle a little now!.

I am laughing to myself now wondering how many people have been googling Torture Gardens :) Sounds very BDSM, which is another subject all together and not one for this website, unless of course it's about footballers in latex and boots in a garden but since the warning not to open at work, I'll go with my first guess!

I am left musing, just how much does Zizcov know about Torture Gardens and where is it.
Having been brave enough to google it (just to save others on here for research purposes obviously :D ) it sort of looks like "The Masked Singer" outfits (well sort of :lol: :lol: :lol: )
2015_-_dayne_henderson_9_20150918_1493674006-300x300.jpg
2015_-_dayne_henderson_9_20150918_1493674006-300x300.jpg (15.69 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:54 pm

:) Well I definitely would not be wearing that lol.

Singer? Is there a show also for this hidden world?

Darnhill Claret

Post by Darnhill Claret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Thanks KateR, good to have a women’s perspective on such a subject, especially on a message board like this.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Has latex ever been taboo? Women I knew that wore it did so only as a means of enhancing theIr appearance.

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:42 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm
Has latex ever been taboo? Women I knew that wore it did so only as a means of enhancing theIr appearance.
Maybe Fetish is a better word than Taboo, it is most definitely not main stream fashion and has always been looked upon as part of fetish & sex scene I believe, used often to shock, particularly pop videos. It is much like Thigh Boots although no where near as common in the public spaces. The fact is I am well traveled and have never seen another person wearing latex in any major city and it seems from most of the replies, here neither have others but for a couple.

Perhaps Andrew you're part of The Mackintosh Society, or indeed visit Torture Gardens or some equivalent, were the women who you mention, wearing it to enhance their appearance, actually in public and if so what kind of place, pub, cinema, restaurant, was it a city or a town/village? I ask because I am interested

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am

KateR wrote:

A gentleman never tells :lol:

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:46 am

Bosscat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:47 pm
My mate went to a fancy in just a pair of Y-fronts ...

When asked what he was dressed as.

He said "a premature ejaculation".... after a few puzzled looks he repeated it.... still puzzled looks...

Exasperated he tells them "I've come in my pants"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one Boss.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 am

I have never in my entire life seen this as in any way attractive or sexy. It takes all sorts I suppose but it has never been for me.

And rubber is an awful smell.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:48 am

KateR wrote:

Wait while you start musing about zizkov in latex strolling round the garden :D

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:04 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:48 am
Wait while you start musing about zizkov in latex strolling round the garden :D
Dont get too excited, i never wore the stuff myself. The talc bill would bankrupt me :lol:

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:07 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:04 am
Dont get too excited, i never wore the stuff myself. The talc bill would bankrupt me :lol:
I have just bought shares in a powder business in Prague too, better not be talc then :D

Hopey1786
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Hopey1786 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 am

KateR wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:27 pm
and exactly what is it you wear regularly Hopey, typing with trepidation here lol
In the cricketfield mostly under my jacket

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 am

I think you might be onto something here KateR :mrgreen:
The Rocky Horror Show didn't do to badly out of it and it's world famous for its weird and wonderful creative imaginations I think you should go designer on it and fashion out and create an all new meaning in Latex UTC

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:07 am
I have just bought shares in a powder business in Prague too, better not be talc then :D
I think the gentleman doth protest to much :) You seem to know an awful lot about this latex stuff, bringing up talc now for someone who has never worn latex, but I'll believe you, millions wont mind you lol

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Longside4evr wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 am
I think you might be onto something here KateR :mrgreen:
The Rocky Horror Show didn't do to badly out of it and it's world famous for its weird and wonderful creative imaginations I think you should go designer on it and fashion out and create an all new meaning in Latex UTC
You know I never even thought of the RHS, I have never actually seen it but heard so much about it, I do like the idea of designing for fashion but am positive I would not be good at it, I can't draw at all, although some of my drawings have created quite a bit of laughter.
This user liked this post: Longside4evr

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:42 pm
Maybe Fetish is a better word than Taboo, it is most definitely not main stream fashion and has always been looked upon as part of fetish & sex scene I believe, used often to shock, particularly pop videos. It is much like Thigh Boots although no where near as common in the public spaces. The fact is I am well traveled and have never seen another person wearing latex in any major city and it seems from most of the replies, here neither have others but for a couple.

Perhaps Andrew you're part of The Mackintosh Society, or indeed visit Torture Gardens or some equivalent, were the women who you mention, wearing it to enhance their appearance, actually in public and if so what kind of place, pub, cinema, restaurant, was it a city or a town/village? I ask because I am interested
It's twenty years ago, and a different country, but it was definitely not fetish related. It was fashion. It was a small city music scene, and I saw it as just an extension from having a mohawk, or body piercings. The women I'm thinking of might look as though they'd dominate and degrade weak men, but in actual fact they had fairly ordinary tastes.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Andrew, I think the whole discussion is primarily around the wearing of latex provides onlookers with a certain way of thinking without knowing the person and what they are all about, all fashion is like that, vast majority in sheep's clothing to conform within narrow unwritten rules, which even includes colours. Unless you know the person you can never know what message they are trying sell but we all succumb to mass ideas as we have been indoctrinated from birth. Having a mohawk and face piercings fit's right in there along with punk as to what the vast majority would think instantly upon seeing strangers like that, some has attractions and some people are revolted by it. I would hazard a guess that latex is more common at fetish events than in fashion or the pop video world but of course am sure that porn is where the public would see it the most.

But just from this small sampling it is clear (to me) that it is not a main stream article of clothing and will attract attention when worn in public which was my original question

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Re: No longer taboo but have you seen anyone in it?

Post by IanMcL » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Having read this thread, I think it could have gone down the pan swiftly.

Instead, KateR has turned it into a really interesting, intelligent and informative thread!

No idea what Kate looks like, however, I can still imagine her at her fancy restaurant!

Thank you KateR.