Wilder : Billy Sharp Move "up to him"

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4072 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Wilder : Billy Sharp Move "up to him"

Post by ElectroClaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Apparently, quite a few clubs have contacted Bramall Lane to enquire about the availability of BS. (Five live)
Chris Wilder says it's down to the player whether he goes or stays.

Worth a punt, if wages/fee, etc, are OK?
Or a Championship player now, and no better than what we've got?

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Re: Wilder : Billy Sharp Move "up to him"

Post by cockneyclaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm

God no.. we have vydra
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Worth A Punt FC

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1770 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 pm

So that should be Mike Riggs transfer policy should it?

"Mr Garlick, looking at recruiting to keep us up... had an idea. Can I have a look at previous players Burnley Football Club missed out on?"

"Sure, yeah. Heres the unsigned contracts from 2 years ago - I suppose we can revisit some of these? Though we might still have to pay a fee and improve the deal a bit. We missed out on Andone from Brighton, but he's not pulled up any trees - I think he's on loan somewhere - so maybe they are looking to get rid. I'll get a scout report on him to see if..."

"What about 4 years ago?"

"Good thinking! Some of them might be free agents now... or maybe we can revisit Henri Lansbury again? He was keen..."

"Let's go further back"

"Further? Erm, OK, I'll route out some of the young fringe players we were looking at signing, they were early 20's at the time, some of them coming into their prime... but I think we might've outgrown them a bit since then..."

"Well let's go even further than that then"

"Err, Right... OK, we're into the Brian Laws contract offers now. Ah, here's one written in crayon - £1m to Sheffield United for... a William Sharp - Billy Sharp... yeah we missed out on him, but he's playing in the Premier League! Haha, it'll be like the 'Peter Crouch thing' all over again... What are you looking at me like that for?"