Time to get rid of the Royal family?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Re: Time to get rid of the Royal family?

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm
People on here calling royalty outdated should perhaps consider that there are a number of - modern - countries in their beloved Europe and elsewhere that have royalty and it sits very well with their populations.

As to Harry and Megan. Let them go and dont give them any money. In view he made a mistake marrying this woman.
The closest being the Spanish Royal Family which cost the taxpayers about 6 million per year, 339 million less than the UK's set of parasites.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm
As the Queen and Duke approach the end of their lives, is it almost time to remove the Monarchy? I’ve no criticisms of them.

It really is a nonsense to believe some people are born to rule above us. Is it time to become a truly modern country?
I think the monarchy is utter nonsense in this day and age. However, they are all fairly harmless.
It’s the royal correspondents who need to be hung, drawn, quartered and guillotined. They are people who really do get on my wick.
This user liked this post: Down_Rover

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 pm
No they don't, they cost the country a reported 300 million plus per year. If they went and the palaces were open to the public the money made from tourists would be astronomical...

https://www.republic.org.uk/what-we-want/royal-finances
Ah a report that conveniently forgets that without a crown they’d never have been a crown estate.

So your argument is get rid of them so that we can make money off the fact that we did have them. Interesting.
This user liked this post: jackie1971

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Get rid of the parasites that sponge off the state and add zero value.

That's right, dole dossers!

GSTQ

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:07 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:28 pm
Classic issue for demonstrating the split down the country, with the hyper-liberals, as well as usually being Remainers, also want us to scrap the monarchy, whilst the socially conservative Brexiteers remain fans.

No right or wrong, but continues to show the schism in the country. We could have selected 20 other topics and the same posters would go to the same side of the argument despite each group having a mix of voters from both main parties. I’m finding that increasingly fascinating.

No, we cannot scrap the royals, we would be significantly diminished as a nation if we do.
Rubbish. I’m a brexit supporter and have never ever understood why we tolerate the royals. Your generalisation is utterly astounding. And why, exactly, would we be ‘significantly diminished’ without them?
This user liked this post: Blackrod

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:29 pm
I would love to see the end of the monarchy in my lifetime.
I don't, but I do wish you a long, healthy and happy life .... :D

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Get Rexit done.

Although to be fair, I'd rather see a huge cull of "celebrities". The country would be better off with a 95% reduction of them.
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex nil_desperandum

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 pm
Ah a report that conveniently forgets that without a crown they’d never have been a crown estate.

So your argument is get rid of them so that we can make money off the fact that we did have them. Interesting.
Yep, we make money off the fact that we did have them, not them making money off us. It's almost like using the monarchy to our advantage rather than theirs, radical eh?

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Classic issue for demonstrating the split down the country, with the hyper-liberals, as well as usually being Remainers, also want us to scrap the monarchy, whilst the socially conservative Brexiteers remain fans.
That seems a very strange conclusion to draw. Are you assuming that all those "northern working class areas" - such as Burnley - that voted predominantly "leave" and have just swung away from Labour are "Royalist" strongholds?
I doubt you'll find any evidence to support that.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:40 pm

They try to remain relevant but not sure they are in the modern era. Nice to have the buildings and history though. I’d prefer some of the expenditure to be re channelled towards people that need it. Do we need a king that has never done a hard days work in his life and spends most of his time wittering on about plants ? As for Meghan think she was hoping for a celeb lifestyle rather than confirming.They can’t have it both ways. Sounds like the ‘charity’ will fund the security snd salaries going forward. Nice for the donators.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 pm
Yep, we make money off the fact that we did have them, not them making money off us. It's almost like using the monarchy to our advantage rather than theirs, radical eh?
I'm not sure they'd make the same once they're gone. But I know you'll argue with me for the sake of it so we'll leave it there.

I'd prefer to see a more streamlined royal family.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 pm

As morrissey once said - they are professional benefit scroungers, if they all disappeared tomorrow for good I don't think the majority would miss them.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 pm
I'm not sure they'd make the same once they're gone. But I know you'll argue with me for the sake of it so we'll leave it there.
Not a case of arguing for the sake of it. The answer is, we can't be sure, but: not having a royal family doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect on tourist visits to the Royal Palaces of Europe (e.g. Versailles, Potsdam, etc.).
If there were no Royal family , do you think visits to our Royal residences and Palaces would go up or down?
(I don't feel particularly strongly about the Royal family by the way, (although I think it should modernised and trimmed down), but I'm not sure that your "argument" about tourism is a particularly strong one)).

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:56 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 pm
That's generally what's happened across Europe and the wider world.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm
That seems a very strange conclusion to draw. Are you assuming that all those "northern working class areas" - such as Burnley - that voted predominantly "leave" and have just swung away from Labour are "Royalist" strongholds?
It's known amongst some quarters, when dealing in illegal items & handing money over, it's standard etiquette when arranging the notes their all face the same way, it's considered offensive a note with the back to the queen, it's daft but some people get offended. It's interpreted as if you are turning your back onto the queen.
Last edited by Jakubclaret on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 am

I like the political aspect of a monarchy. I know we aren't in particular danger of a revolution, but if there is any political instability about, it's a big help to have a non-political head of state who could stop the Prime Minister doing anything unconstitutional like abolishing elections. The Queen (or King) could simply dissolve Parliament and that would be an end of it. Contrast countries like France where the constitution can be and is frequently rewritten to suit the President of the time.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:28 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:56 pm
That's generally what's happened across Europe and the wider world.
Not exactly, there's more significant factors in the early 20th century. Namely the fact we kept trying to kill each other.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 pm
Not a case of arguing for the sake of it. The answer is, we can't be sure, but: not having a royal family doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect on tourist visits to the Royal Palaces of Europe (e.g. Versailles, Potsdam, etc.).
If there were no Royal family , do you think visits to our Royal residences and Palaces would go up or down?
(I don't feel particularly strongly about the Royal family by the way, (although I think it should modernised and trimmed down), but I'm not sure that your "argument" about tourism is a particularly strong one)).
My argument wasn't, and isn't, tourism by itself by the way.

I agree it should be trimmed down.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 am

I think the best thing about having a monarchy is knowing they are here for us if we need them.
Like if you ever find yourself down on your luck, without a job or homeless, you can write to your Queen and she'll use some of her incredible wealth to help you out, just like the entire population does for her.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3341 times
Has Liked: 1961 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm
But do you think that by doing this they will get quieter life?. I would have thought that it would have the opposite effect.
With the birth of William's children they are way down the line of importance in the Royal family now. Once the "novelty" of Meghan wore off they'd become of less and less interest to the press and less and less relevant to the public. By doing this, they're almost guaranteeing that their every move will be scrutinised, just like Edward VIII (David) and Wallis.)
Wonder if Harry has considered where this will leave him when / if they split up - as most Royals do.
Certainly not in the short term. They are really going to go after her now but worth a shot long term.

Who can blame him, with the way they treated his mum and the constant attacks on his wife, it’s no wonder he’s had to try something.

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:25 am

Harry is a proper knob, the woman is like a puppeteer. My dad would have said “ he’s c**t struck “

Quieter life my arse, Markle thinks she should be queen. If Harry was in line for the throne, she may have been more patient.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:37 am

I'm a republican and I would like to see the back of the Royal family. As I have said many times both on this Board and on other social media sites I infest the idea of us having what is referred to as a constitutional Monarch is pointless. We do not have a written constitution for a start and during the recent farce with Johnson and the proroguing of Parliament we saw that whilst in private the Queen may have expressed her concerns, in practice and in reality, she can only rubber stamp whatever her PM tells her because it would be deemed unconstitutional if she acted to the contrary. So on a purely political level what is her relevance.

On a wider level if we get rid of the Monarchy then we can perhaps address the situation of our constitution. Having an uncodefied constitution puts un on a par with the likes of Saudi Arabia!! So I would like a written one. Also we could then look at getting rid of this ridiculous idea of having an established church. I've never quite understood the relevance of that other than to allow just shy of 30 CofE Bishops to sit in the House of Lords which should also be scrapped and replaced by a much slimmed down second chamber. we have 650 MPs but over 850 Lords a ridiculously large number.

I am very wary of the establishment and its disproportionate power in relation to its number. And the Royal Family whether they realise it or not sit at the head of that snake and until we get rid of them 9the Royals) we will still have the vestiges of a feudal system running our Country.

I believe that Charles realises that change is needed and on becoming King will look to slim down the Monarchy dramatically so the departure of Harry and Meghan may well be a blessing in disguise. Let them go, get rid of the HRH moniker, stop financing them and they can have the private life she craves.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:13 am

What do you expect from a woman so unsuited to be Royalty, she makes you name the kid Archie - because your mother died in a tunnel.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 am

Corky wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:37 am
I'm a republican and I would like to see the back of the Royal family. As I have said many times both on this Board and on other social media sites I infest the idea of us having what is referred to as a constitutional Monarch is pointless. We do not have a written constitution for a start and during the recent farce with Johnson and the proroguing of Parliament we saw that whilst in private the Queen may have expressed her concerns, in practice and in reality, she can only rubber stamp whatever her PM tells her because it would be deemed unconstitutional if she acted to the contrary. So on a purely political level what is her relevance.

On a wider level if we get rid of the Monarchy then we can perhaps address the situation of our constitution. Having an uncodefied constitution puts un on a par with the likes of Saudi Arabia!! So I would like a written one. Also we could then look at getting rid of this ridiculous idea of having an established church. I've never quite understood the relevance of that other than to allow just shy of 30 CofE Bishops to sit in the House of Lords which should also be scrapped and replaced by a much slimmed down second chamber. we have 650 MPs but over 850 Lords a ridiculously large number.

I am very wary of the establishment and its disproportionate power in relation to its number. And the Royal Family whether they realise it or not sit at the head of that snake and until we get rid of them 9the Royals) we will still have the vestiges of a feudal system running our Country.

I believe that Charles realises that change is needed and on becoming King will look to slim down the Monarchy dramatically so the departure of Harry and Meghan may well be a blessing in disguise. Let them go, get rid of the HRH moniker, stop financing them and they can have the private life she craves.
I admire your optimism that abolishing the monarchy would lead to us fixing the disaster that is our political system, I just wish I could share it.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:22 am

Should the Country hold a referendum on whether we have a Royal Family?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10254 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:

No right or wrong, but continues to show the schism in the country. We could have selected 20 other topics and the same posters would go to the same side of the argument despite each group having a mix of voters from both main parties. I’m finding that increasingly fascinating.

No, we cannot scrap the royals, we would be significantly diminished as a nation if we do.

Now then, let's just remind ourselves against which newspaper the Sussexes have filed a lawsuit over alleged breach of copyright and privacy - breaches which were probably quite instrumental in their decision to leave permanent residence in the UK - why, it's the good ol' hyper-liberal "Mail on Sunday". :lol:

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm

To be honest I couldn't think of anything worse than being born into the Royal family, I'd wouldn't swap my 9-5 life in relative obscurity with any of them, so if Harry and Meghan's motivation behind this move is more privacy I can completely empathise.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Burnley1989

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:46 pm

SammyBoy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm
To be honest I couldn't think of anything worse than being born into the Royal family, I'd wouldn't swap my 9-5 life in relative obscurity with any of them, so if Harry and Meghan's motivation behind this move is more privacy I can completely empathise.
Agree with that, but if there's one thing that's guaranteed to put them in the spotlight then it's doing this. (Part of me wonders if she is behind this. She can never be Queen, (nor is there a major Royal role for any children she has), but she can compete with Kate Middleton for the media's attention as an attractive, fashionable "outsider").

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 pm

https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

I put this link on every now and again to remind you how hard our royals banquet on your behalf. One coming to Burnley soon it would seem.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:46 pm
Agree with that, but if there's one thing that's guaranteed to put them in the spotlight then it's doing this. (Part of me wonders if she is behind this. She can never be Queen, (nor is there a major Royal role for any children she has), but she can compete with Kate Middleton for the media's attention as an attractive, fashionable "outsider").
It doesn't seem very logical, though, does it ? Putting your family in the spotlight to er, avoid the spotlight.
She has the fantastic advantage of being a complete outsider untainted by the Royal Family's bullcrap traditions and has, quite rightly, rejected the notion that sections of the press can manipulate her, her husband and kid(s) for good or bad.
I doubt very much she has ever contemplated becoming Queen nor sees the media-led beauty contest between her and Middleton as having any relevance whatsoever.
It's a strong decision, the right decision tp put two fingers up to the press who have hated her from the start and the Fitztightlys :lol: who insist Royal protocol be adhered to no matter what. They've decided they're not playing any more.
Good luck to them,

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8534 times
Has Liked: 18271 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:25 pm

timshorts wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Get Rexit done.

Although to be fair, I'd rather see a huge cull of "celebrities". The country would be better off with a 95% reduction of them.
"REXIT" :shock: do you wish to get rid of Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:02 pm

That would be Trexit. I,ll have some of that

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Just bought myself a black tie ready for Harry's fatal car crash next week.😁

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:37 pm
The closest being the Spanish Royal Family which cost the taxpayers about 6 million per year, 339 million less than the UK's set of parasites.
Utter ********. The UK royalty is at worst cost neutral. In fact they bring money into the country. But then again if your not patriotic and an apologist for UK and its past like the Islington woke set, who are cirizens of the orld and not of a community, you wont agree.

Imagine President Blair. Enough to make a decent bloke vomit.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Beautifully argued there, Stayingup. :lol: Full house !

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:18 pm

IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1650 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm
I’ll pick this one to reply to but the reply is to everyone who questioned my linking opposing the monarchy to voting remain.

I knew it was factual when I posted it. Obviously there is not an identical grouping, it isn’t that every brexiteer supports the monarchy and every remainer opposes it, but there is an overlap in the reasons for some people’s beliefs and it bears out in the polls (e.g. for me, a big thing is sovereignty, and I view the monarchy and the Commonwealth as part of that).

Yougov did a poll in 2018 about the monarchy and they grouped people into several categories as usual, one of which was Brexit.

The poll said that of those who oppose the monarchy, 66% (two thirds) voted Remain. 18% above the referendum vote share is a statistically significant difference. Of course we have folk on here who feel that doesn’t apply to them, but the polls suggest that for the majority, it does. We can debate if Burnley is different to the national trend, but certainly every brexiteer I know is also a monarchist (my parents being two).

But as I posted yesterday, there is no right or wrong.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 am

THE worse monarch in England since 1066 presiding over the worse period in English history since.

1. Invited a foreign invasion of millions of anti-English people to come and rule us.
2. Presides over a kingdom where sodomists are considered the paragons of virtue.
3. Where sexual confusion is promoted as social progression.
4. Where the antichrist Charles Saatchi is feted for his attempted destruction of the West via the Jewish conspiracy to replace all value with currency.
5. Where the demons from the East here to destroy us are lorded as saints, Dalai Lama etc.

She should abdicate.

The jury is out , regarding the transition of England from a big player to a sucker-up-to of vice from places like the Commonwealth.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 am

Let's face it the aggro Meghan has had from the likes of the Sun and Daily Mail is simply because she's a foreigner, and her Mum is black. Unfortunately large numbers of people in this country still buy and form their opinions from those disgusting, hate filled rags. I don't blame them one bit for wanting to get as far away as possible.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 am

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:10 am

I read in the paper this morning that only 1 in 8 people think they should continue to receive funding from the Royal Family, which I think is over £2 million a year.

It makes me laugh. They say they want to be financially independent. Like they're going to turn that down and be true to their word.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:11 am

It was a political marriage organized by BP for Nigerian oil.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:09 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm
I’ll pick this one to reply to but the reply is to everyone who questioned my linking opposing the monarchy to voting remain.

I knew it was factual when I posted it. Obviously there is not an identical grouping, it isn’t that every brexiteer supports the monarchy and every remainer opposes it, but there is an overlap in the reasons for some people’s beliefs and it bears out in the polls (e.g. for me, a big thing is sovereignty, and I view the monarchy and the Commonwealth as part of that).

Yougov did a poll in 2018 about the monarchy and they grouped people into several categories as usual, one of which was Brexit.

The poll said that of those who oppose the monarchy, 66% (two thirds) voted Remain. 18% above the referendum vote share is a statistically significant difference. Of course we have folk on here who feel that doesn’t apply to them, but the polls suggest that for the majority, it does. We can debate if Burnley is different to the national trend, but certainly every brexiteer I know is also a monarchist (my parents being two).

But as I posted yesterday, there is no right or wrong.
Fair enough but your original statement was quite categorical, you claimed certain groups had predictable identical views on other issues and you even spoke of a liberal and non-liberal, I assume, divide.
As you rightly point out now, that is nonsense. Of course, people of a certain political persuasion are likely to have certain opinions on other issues but that isn't and can't be universally true.

Dixie Normous
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Dixie Normous » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Pstotto wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 am
THE worse monarch in England since 1066 presiding over the worse period in English history since.

1. Invited a foreign invasion of millions of anti-English people to come and rule us.
2. Presides over a kingdom where sodomists are considered the paragons of virtue.
3. Where sexual confusion is promoted as social progression.
4. Where the antichrist Charles Saatchi is feted for his attempted destruction of the West via the Jewish conspiracy to replace all value with currency.
5. Where the demons from the East here to destroy us are lorded as saints,She should abdicate.

The jury is out , regarding the transition of England from a big player to a sucker-up-to of vice from places like the Commonwealth.
Sodomists ? Jewish conspiracy ? Millions of non English ?
Sorry I’m struggling to place you . Liberal Democrat ?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm

yes

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2309 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:25 pm

God save the Queen

Dixie Normous

Post by Dixie Normous » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:25 pm
God save the Queen
My favourite sex pistols song . Good shout
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Since Harry and Meghan are reported to have combined personal fortunes of over £30 million and that 95% of their income comes from the Royal Duchy administered by Prince Charles all of this talk of "financial independence" is something of a red herring.

The question of providing security is the big issue since the taxpayer will not be happy footing the bill for Met Police officers spending 6 months in Canada.

The Daily Mail responsible for publishing anti Harry and Meghan polls are of course currently being sued by Prince Harry which somewhat slants their coverage.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Dixie Normous with a bit of reverse psychology, eh?

PRAT.

Dixie Normous

Post by Dixie Normous » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Pstotto wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Dixie Normous with a bit of reverse psychology, eh?

PRAT.
Christ I hope you find a job and sort out your mental health problems and stop coming in here with your anger issues . I won’t respond you’re not worth it
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex