Time to get rid of the Royal family?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Re: Time to get rid of the Royal family?

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Dixie Normous wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:24 pm
Christ I hope you find a job and sort out your mental health problems and stop coming in here with your anger issues . I won’t respond you’re not worth it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Then why did you respond in the first place, EH?????????????? :D

Sontaran in disguise, that's you that is, Dixie Normous. :-)

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:20 pm
Utter ********. The UK royalty is at worst cost neutral. In fact they bring money into the country. But then again if your not patriotic and an apologist for UK and its past like the Islington woke set, who are cirizens of the orld and not of a community, you wont agree.

Imagine President Blair. Enough to make a decent bloke vomit.
How dare you call me a "cirizen of the orld" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cost neutral :lol: :lol: :lol:

They bring money into the country :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THE" UK.

If *your not patriotic :lol: :lol: :lol:

*it's "you're", a contraction of you are as in "you are an idiot." >>>> "You're an idiot."

It's very difficult to convince people you are worth listening to if *your grammar is the same level as a ten-year-old.

*correct use

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:07 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm
I knew it was factual when I posted it. Obviously there is not an identical grouping, it isn’t that every brexiteer supports the monarchy and every remainer opposes it, but there is an overlap in the reasons for some people’s beliefs and it bears out in the polls (e.g. for me, a big thing is sovereignty, and I view the monarchy and the Commonwealth as part of that).
I agree with most of your post, (although as "eddie" has pointed out it's not entirely consistent with your previous claim).
However, I really don't see any link at all between Sovereignty (i.e. being a "sovereign state), and "Monarchy". We are a Constitutional Monarchy, and the Monarch has no authority whatsoever - as was demonstrated with the "prorogation" issue. [She has no option but to follow the advice / requests of the PM, no matter what her view or whether she considers it appropriate or not]
The Queen will have no more and no less authority when we leave the EU than she has had these past 40 years.
It could be that Harry's move will be the catalyst for the overdue review and slimming down of the Monarchy that has been put off for the past few decades, and I think that the majority will be very happy with that.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:25 am
Harry is a proper knob, the woman is like a puppeteer. My dad would have said “ he’s c**t struck “

Quieter life my arse, Markle thinks she should be queen. If Harry was in line for the throne, she may have been more patient.
Or it could all be a cynical ploy to deflect publicity away from the Prince Andrew sex trafficing scandal.

For the record I think Meghan is an ambitious young lady who realises she doesn't want to live her life as a useless, sponging, hand-waving robot who gets ridiculous amounts of money because she married into something entirely fake.

It was always going to take an outsider to change the script and say "hang on a minute, I don't want to live this sham".

Wanting to leave the royal family, quit leeching off everybody else and become financially independent is probably the best thing anyone in the royal family has ever done.
Last edited by Claret-On-A-T-Rex on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:10 am

People come to England to see the Queen as much as British folk go to Spain to see King Felipe
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:27 am

Claret wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm
I think the monarchy is utter nonsense in this day and age. However, they are all fairly harmless.
It’s the royal correspondents who need to be hung, drawn, quartered and guillotined. They are people who really do get on my wick.
Correct even Prince Charles thinks Nicolas Whichall is a tw@t.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:10 am
People come to England to see the Queen as much as British folk go to Spain to see King Felipe
Exactly.
Couple want to come off the dole and become financially independent SHOCKER!
How dare they, we should MAKE them stay part of the royal family and give them even MORE money for just turning up and waving.
That'll show 'em.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 am

The good news is though not every child wants a few million in their bank account and 2.5m to do a house up before they become financially independent.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank tiger76

thomaspaine
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by thomaspaine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:44 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm
As the Queen and Duke approach the end of their lives, is it almost time to remove the Monarchy? I’ve no criticisms of them.

It really is a nonsense to believe some people are born to rule above us. Is it time to become a truly modern country?
Probably never be truely free of them. They have spent many years enjoying the gravy train and won't want to give that up.... hence Harry and Megan saying that the were going to TRY to be independant! We are still paying for that wastrel Fergie and have bailed her luxury lifestyle out on several occasions... and don't get me started on the sex offender Andrew who also enjoys the lifestyle of the super rich when he should be in prison. Anybody who says that it's paid for by tourism is delusional... no tourist comes to this country to catch a glimpse of these two scoundrels? Get rid of the lot and use the vast amount that would be saved, to house the homeless and improve the NHS.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm

BREAKTHROUGH!

I have an inspired solution :D :D :D

Harry and Meghan quit the royal family and move to Canada.

They leave a collection of cardboard cutouts of themselves, wearing a variety of outfits in one the queen's lockups.

Whenever there is anything that requires them to be there, like changing of the colour or whatever, then the UK hires the cardboard cutouts for a couple of million per hour.

As technology advances these could be upgraded to holograms or whatever, the truth is you could replace the lot with trained dogs and it wouldn't actually make a difference.

You see? It's win-win. Harry and Meghan get to go off and do nothing somewhere else but the cap-doffing, plebian ******* royal supporters in the UK still get exactly the same thing as they've been paying for forever.

Archer
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 146 times

Post by Archer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am

Wanting to leave the royal family, quit leeching of* everybody else and become financially independent is probably the best thing anyone in the royal family has ever done.
*off

(This is the spelling & grammar thread now, isn’t it?)
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Archer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm
*off

Can't beat a bit of irony, probably blame a publisher or something as he did with a published book with errors :D

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Archer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm
*off

Thank you, corrected.

(Just like my book :D )

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:44 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Can't beat a bit of irony, probably blame a *publisher or something as he did with a published book with errors :D
Thanks, you made my day, I'm always overwhelmed when local people have read my books, that's why I do it.

*I'm self-published.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Can't beat a bit of irony, probably blame a publisher or something as he did with a published book with errors :D
"It's" and "Its" is a tricky one...

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:51 pm

I am sure it is, just a reminder for you though when mocking others for grammar errors on a football forum

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Yes.