REPORT: VAR no help as Clarets go down to defeat at Chelsea

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

REPORT: VAR no help as Clarets go down to defeat at Chelsea

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Short report from Saturday's game at Chelsea

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/var-no-hel ... at-chelsea
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1049 times

Re: REPORT: VAR no help as Clarets go down to defeat at Chelsea

Post by CleggHall » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm

A gutsy report with a brave ending.

VAR will seldom be used to overrule/change a marginal, dodgy decision by the match officials. This happened 3 times to us in the 1st half hence the bitter taste in the mouth but, as you say, we contributed with our 2 major mistakes too.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm

"and it would help if there wasn’t quite so much negativity coming out of the club right now"

Here Here

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:44 pm

VAR 3 Burnley 0 at half-time instead of Chelsea 0 Burnley 1 at half-time.

No wonder they looked beat at the end, playing against Chelsea AND the corrupt system AS WELL.

The destruction of English values started with foreign girly cheats introduced into our sphere and now they are advocated as the right tactitions regarding the acceptance and promotion of corruption for the pantomime farce online real-time betting folk in Asia etc.

I think we should leave F.I.F.A. and U.E.F.A.

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm
with Hendrick, who I thought was as good as anyone bar possibly Ben Mee, in that advanced midfield role.
My compliments on the correct use of commas - leave out the second comma, and you would be accusing Ben Mee of being our best attacking midfielder!

It's possible the lineman wouldn't have flagged under the old ruie, the one in use last year that said level was onside. He may have flagged only because the new rule says Mee can't have been level so he might as well have a guess. But I suspect not - there were five Chelsea players in line, and a yard nearer the goalline, four Burnley players plus Abraham in line. I reckon the linesman couldn't see Abraham because of the four Burnley men in front of him, so thought they were all a yard offside.

Of course, if they hadn't changed the rule about "level" for VAR matches, VAR could have looked at it quickly and allowed the goal.