Where Are All The Negatives Posters Now

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Re: Where Are All The Negatives Posters Now

Post by BFCmaj » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:37 am

Grumps wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 am
I'd take the opportunity to go back to school if I was you.
https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions ... -i-was-you

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am

Down_Rover wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am
Must be the moaner. The moaner about the moaner had nothing to moan about until the moaner started moaning

I struggle with the chicken/egg thing because one of them must have come first. in fact I think I would prefer to debate this than the appropriateness of the recruitment policy
The egg thing has been around for so long. Logically it must be the chicken as something had to produce the egg. But then that begs the question where did the chicken come from. The answer is that the chicken could, potentially, have come from another source. But that is all conjecture. Taken to it's logical and inevitable conclusion you have to ask how did the universe start. The big bang everyone will shout, as it is the accepted theory, an explosion caused by the singularity collapsing in on itself to create the explosion that caused the universe to come into being. All very nicely wrapped up apart from, like the chicken, no-one seems to be able to explain were the singularity came from.

Or if you are religious and believe it is all down to God, where did God come from?

It's been the argument over the 'prime mover' (whatever it is) that has caused philosophers and scientists some problems for hundreds of years.

You could be of a Buddhist persuasion and believe it's all in the head anyway (a logical argument if you look at it really) but then Descartes still wondered what was doing the 'imagining'.

A fascinating but ultimately unending question.

Now about these moaners? :lol:

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:33 pm

To hell with the chicken; what about Adam and Eve. We are told that Eve was fashioned from Adam's rib so she was a clone ie 46xy just like Adam and not female 46xx. If the y was lost in transfer she would be female but 46xo and infertile so where did the kids come from?
We are told that Cain killed Abel but there was a third son Seth and only I think that they had daughters, none has been named-so there must have been naughty things amongst brothers and sisters which results in a lot of bad genetic traits coming out.
Latest research suggests a large number of these genetic throwbacks migrated from the Middle East and settled in Britain long before the Picts, Celts and Romans came and their progeny have been traced to modern Blackburn. Who knows if this is true?

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:37 pm

I think it was a mutant egg laid by a Tyrannosaurus Rex or some other dinosaur. Mum got the shock of her life when a chicken popped out

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:42 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:33 pm
To hell with the chicken; what about Adam and Eve. We are told that Eve was fashioned from Adam's rib so she was a clone ie 46xy just like Adam and not female 46xx. If the y was lost in transfer she would be female but 46xo and infertile so where did the kids come from?
We are told that Cain killed Abel but there was a third son Seth and only I think that they had daughters, none has been named-so there must have been naughty things amongst brothers and sisters which results in a lot of bad genetic traits coming out.
Latest research suggests a large number of these genetic throwbacks migrated from the Middle East and settled in Britain long before the Picts, Celts and Romans came and their progeny have been traced to modern Blackburn. Who knows if this is true?
Cant fault that, makes perfect sense.

Another faction of these genetic creatures moved to Europe and many of them are now found in a large house in SW1. Rumour has it that a recently formed offshoot is trying to establish roots in Canada
This user liked this post: mdd2