Where Are All The Negatives Posters Now

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Where Are All The Negatives Posters Now

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:11 am

If it's to only get a message out their well i want to take this opportunity to day its all gone quite over their Up The Mighty Clarets

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: Where Are All The Negatives Posters Now

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am

just sayin'

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 am

I've been caught on camera or is it you been framed

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 am

Ah brilliant, another post for those that have questioned recent results :roll:

:lol:

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 am

People who have criticised recent performances have also commented on how much better we were. This is just another post from yet another superfan, looking for likes.
This user liked this post: snapcrackleandpop

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:57 am

*LOOK AT ME!*
This user liked this post: snapcrackleandpop

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 am

Not gone away. There is a lot wrong with the club and the team despite the Nick Pope inspired much needed win. If others can’t see that too bad. We need signings, particularly midfield, have done for the last four transfer windows. Again....if you can’t see that too bad.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 am

Longside4evr wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:11 am
If it's to only get a message out their well i want to take this opportunity to day its all gone quite over their Up The Mighty Clarets
I'd take the opportunity to go back to school if I was you.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:59 am

Truth is, when we’ve lost we’ve not been as bad as some in here have said. Everton - we were undone by a great cross & header, had the chances to draw. Villa - created 21 scoring opportunities, should have drawn and arguably have won with the chances we created.

Yesterday we needed some goalkeeping heroics, but took both of our clear goal scoring opportunities.

If we’d drawn against Everton, Villa and Leicester we’d have the same points but there would have been far less negatory on this board over the last few weeks.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:15 am

Longsidebogs wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 am
There is a lot wrong with the club
Really. Just where are you expecting us to reside in the table? Less than 7 points outside the top 6? There really is some absolute nonsense on here.

A lot wrong....we’ve never had it so good....

There’s a lot wrong with your expectations buddy

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:56 am

Probably enjoying a much needed positive performance.

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Grumps wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 am
I'd take the opportunity to go back to school if I was you.
Why Grumps if you was on the medication iam on for cancer and chemo every 2 weeks continuous 2 years now
Then i would greatly love to see your schooling skills i so much would now **** off

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 am
Not gone away. There is a lot wrong with the club and the team despite the Nick Pope inspired much needed win. If others can’t see that too bad. We need signings, particularly midfield, have done for the last four transfer windows. Again....if you can’t see that too bad.
There is a lot wrong with the club?

Where, given all things being equal, would you expect Burnley to be in the football league ladder? Ie all clubs were equally well or poorly managed, where would you expect The club to be out of 91 teams?

Christ on a bike, you might be better getting out of football now if you think that at this moment in time there is a lot wrong with the club. This is broadly as good as it gets. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Just the reality of the situation.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Amazing there are Burnley fans who still think there is a lot wrong with the club.

Longsidebogs

Post by Longsidebogs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm
There is a lot wrong with the club?

Where, given all things being equal, would you expect Burnley to be in the football league ladder? Ie all clubs were equally well or poorly managed, where would you expect The club to be out of 91 teams?

Christ on a bike, you might be better getting out of football now if you think that at this moment in time there is a lot wrong with the club. This is broadly as good as it gets. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Just the reality of the situation.
I'm not talking about where we are in the league. I'm talking about the mostly tedious hoofball on offer(I'll except yesterday) here. I'm talking about spunking money on Gibson, Vydra et al and then leaving the poor sods to rot. I'm talking about our inability to sign a decent midfielder or two who are good enough for the premier league. And by the way, I'm entitled to my opinions on a football message board. I don't care if you agree or not. Hope thats OK with you Sean?

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm
I'm not talking about where we are in the league. I'm talking about the mostly tedious hoofball on offer(I'll except yesterday) here. I'm talking about spunking money on Gibson, Vydra et al and then leaving the poor sods to rot. I'm talking about our inability to sign a decent midfielder or two who are good enough for the premier league. And by the way, I'm entitled to my opinions on a football message board. I don't care if you agree or not. Hope thats OK with you Sean?
Every club spends money on players who don't work out, and the "Poor Sods" on their 7 figure a year salaries are left to rot.

We've signed decent midfielders, good enough for the premier league, Cork, Hendrick, Westwood are right in front of your eyes. They've kept the club in the Premier League for 3 seasons, and are well placed to do so again this season.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to point out the illogical, poorly thought out structure of said opinion.

As Tim Minchin once said "A famous bon mot asserts that opinions are like arseholes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this, but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arseholes in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined. We must think critically and not just about the ideas of others."
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm
Hoofball is inevitable given the resources.

Gibson was not a wasted signing. He was much heralded when signed. It is that Tarks and Mee remaining fit that he has had no game time.

We have been linked with many midfielders but we still remain one of the least attractive clubs to join in the PL. Individuals will often have their heads turned by so called bigger clubs and this is our biggest barrier. Buying a player is not like popping down to the shops, it is personal, it affects careers, families and agents. It is a tough business, riddled with deceit, that almost no-one on here knows anything about.

So the one thing that is wrong is Vydra, which is not what was said when he first signed

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 pm
Every club spends money on players who don't work out, and the "Poor Sods" on their 7 figure a year salaries are left to rot.

We've signed decent midfielders, good enough for the premier league, Cork, Hendrick, Westwood are right in front of your eyes. They've kept the club in the Premier League for 3 seasons, and are well placed to do so again this season.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to point out the illogical, poorly thought out structure of said opinion.

As Tim Minchin once said "A famous bon mot asserts that opinions are like arseholes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this, but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arseholes in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined. We must think critically and not just about the ideas of others."
You do realise that players get older - they are human beings just like your good self

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:15 pm

The OP has obviously seen a swallow and welcomed in summer :lol:

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:17 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm
You do realise that players get older - they are human beings just like your good self
Why is age relevant? Are you suggesting that our midfielders, that currently have us sat in 14th, are past it? With Hendrick 27, Westwood 29 and Cork 30?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm not sure the 'negative posters' were being that negative at all. If someone wants to point out that for a few games we have been sh!te that is their right to do so. I could have been accused of being one of those but my criticism has been, for the most part, constructive and I have never called for Dyche to go but yes I have voiced my doubts and to be fair the points made are still valid. We had a fantastic win yesterday and after we equalised you could visibly see the players raise their game but to think that yesterday isn't to a degree papering over the cracks would be a touch niaive. The same questions exist now that existed before yesterday. I've always thought that the squad we have are, just about, good enough to survive but that squad is paper thin for the most part in terms of real quality and, as has been pointed out many times, not getting any younger. Only in the last few weeks have I doubted our survival, prior to that I dismissed the very idea many times, but results of late have changed my mind somewhat and for the ones who have or had blind faith in Dyche or the players you need to have an open mind. Dyche is not, as I have said, God, and he has human frailty, stubborness being one of them, and to think he is beyond criticism I think would be wrong.

Yesterday hopefully may be a springboard for better things and historically we have had these patterns before but there still needs to be a serious look at what we have got and massive moves will have to be made if recent form is not to be repeated. Will we survive? I have moved from a definite and positive yes to now not being so sure but yesterday has given us a real fighting chance, but we have two very hard games now and if we lose them and results go wrong then we could wind up in the bottom 3 at a very bad time of year to be in the bottom 3. Last season we spent half a season being crap but it was the first half and things turned around, this time it could be the opposite and that is when things start to get very hairy.

There are negative posters and there are realists - I prefer to think I am the latter. Only when people have their heads in the sand do realists become perceived as negative.
These 2 users liked this post: mdd2 Vegas Claret

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:42 pm
I'm not sure the 'negative posters' were being that negative at all. If someone wants to point out that for a few games we have been sh!te that is their right to do so. I could have been accused of being one of those but my criticism has been, for the most part, constructive and I have never called for Dyche to go but yes I have voiced my doubts and to be fair the points made are still valid. We had a fantastic win yesterday and after we equalised you could visibly see the players raise their game but to think that yesterday isn't to a degree papering over the cracks would be a touch niaive. The same questions exist now that existed before yesterday. I've always thought that the squad we have are, just about, good enough to survive but that squad is paper thin for the most part in terms of real quality and, as has been pointed out many times, not getting any younger. Only in the last few weeks have I doubted our survival, prior to that I dismissed the very idea many times, but results of late have changed my mind somewhat and for the ones who have or had blind faith in Dyche or the players you need to have an open mind. Dyche is not, as I have said, God, and he has human frailty, stubborness being one of them, and to think he is beyond criticism I think would be wrong.

Yesterday hopefully may be a springboard for better things and historically we have had these patterns before but there still needs to be a serious look at what we have got and massive moves will have to be made if recent form is not to be repeated. Will we survive? I have moved from a definite and positive yes to now not being so sure but yesterday has given us a real fighting chance, but we have two very hard games now and if we lose them and results go wrong then we could wind up in the bottom 3 at a very bad time of year to be in the bottom 3. Last season we spent half a season being crap but it was the first half and things turned around, this time it could be the opposite and that is when things start to get very hairy.

There are negative posters and there are realists - I prefer to think I am the latter. Only when people have their heads in the sand do realists become perceived as negative.
Understood HB. I don't think there is a poster on here that is so unrealistic to believe that we will always stay in the PL. Even the most positive of us believe that relegation is inevitable at some time and probably some time soon.

What irks is the posters (not you) who must stay awake at night thinking of more reasons to say the club management is a shambles. For all the reasons stated by others it is not and is the envy of the large majority of professional teams in the UK.

As I said above the Gibson scenario is a damned if you do damned if you don't. If we hadn't bought Gibson there would have been howls of a paper thin cover for defence. We did buy, ambitiously a very good centre half only for no injuries to be sustained by Tarks and Mee.

The club gets slated for not 'giving him a chance'. Maybe Dyche, along with many others thinks that he is not as good as Tarks and Mee. if he had been given a chance and turned in a Drinkwater style performance there would be yet more criticism (his last game was v Everton, 1-5, I recall).

Dyche and the directors make brave decisions and all the keyboard warriors hide behind a message board taking the opposite view.

Cheer up boys, you are missing the best ride you will ever have as a Burnley supporter, however much longer we stay in the PL
This user liked this post: houseboy

Tall Paul
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:18 pm

houseboy wrote:
we have two very hard games now and if we lose them and results go wrong then we could wind up in the bottom 3 at a very bad time of year to be in the bottom 3.
It's impossible for us to be in the bottom three after the next two games.
This user liked this post: ChorltonCharlie

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:32 pm

houseboy wrote:

Sorry, but that’s a lot of waffle to just be defensive. There is a lot of negativity from a lot of our fans on social media who fortunately make up the minority of our fans overall. You say it’s realism, but how people who are ignorant can be described as realists I have no idea. Most of them have never seen realism. They’re emotive, egotistical and arrogant, but not realists. You mention Dyche not being beyond criticism, and of course no one is. It’s not criticism that’s the problem though. It’s the way he’s criticised with no basis in the reality that you make out you hold so dear, and laced with a fair bit of arrogance. Opinion isn’t done in a questioning way, it’s like it’s black and white; the nobody on a message board is right whilst Dyche (and others) are wrong. People talk like they have a crystal ball or an amazing insight into a parallel reality where they’ve seen what they’d do working out perfectly. The other problem with the critics is there seems to be no acceptance of the great stuff Dyche his staff and the team do. All of that is taken for granted, so again we’re back to arrogance with the critic giving the impression that everything Dyche gets right, they’d also get right but they’re qualified to highlight where he’s getting it wrong. Case in point would be consistent team selection, which is often seen as a stick to beat him with. Critics see that as a reason we haven’t got more points, usually when we’ve been beaten, but the critics never see it that we wouldn’t have so many points in the first place without consistent team selection. We currently sit in 14th place in the Premier League and sit above big spending Brighton, West Ham and Aston Villa. It’s realism to applaud Dyche and his team for that, not beat them with a stick because we might be in the bottom 3 in 2 games time (which we can’t by the way. It’s literally impossible, so how’s that realism working out for you?)
These 5 users liked this post: TVC15 Tall Paul evensteadiereddie Holtyclaret Down_Rover

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 pm

I stand corrected - forgot about Villa v Watford tomorrow. You win on a technicality. :D :D :D
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Rode our luck and played quite well 2nd half, much needed win but I’ll continue to moan about our transfer policy and style of play until I see improvements. 1 win doesn’t paper over the gaping cracks I see.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:48 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Sorry, but that’s a lot of waffle to just be defensive. There is a lot of negativity from a lot of our fans on social media who fortunately make up the minority of our fans overall. You say it’s realism, but how people who are ignorant can be described as realists I have no idea. Most of them have never seen realism. They’re emotive, egotistical and arrogant, but not realists. You mention Dyche not being beyond criticism, and of course no one is. It’s not criticism that’s the problem though. It’s the way he’s criticised with no basis in the reality that you make out you hold so dear, and laced with a fair bit of arrogance. Opinion isn’t done in a questioning way, it’s like it’s black and white; the nobody on a message board is right whilst Dyche (and others) are wrong. People talk like they have a crystal ball or an amazing insight into a parallel reality where they’ve seen what they’d do working out perfectly. The other problem with the critics is there seems to be no acceptance of the great stuff Dyche his staff and the team do. All of that is taken for granted, so again we’re back to arrogance with the critic giving the impression that everything Dyche gets right, they’d also get right but they’re qualified to highlight where he’s getting it wrong. Case in point would be consistent team selection, which is often seen as a stick to beat him with. Critics see that as a reason we haven’t got more points, usually when we’ve been beaten, but the critics never see it that we wouldn’t have so many points in the first place without consistent team selection. We currently sit in 14th place in the Premier League and sit above big spending Brighton, West Ham and Aston Villa. It’s realism to applaud Dyche and his team for that, not beat them with a stick because we might be in the bottom 3 in 2 games time (which we can’t by the way. It’s literally impossible, so how’s that realism working out for you?)
So I am:
A waffler
Ignorant
Emotive
Egotistical
Arrogant
I'm guessing you dont' agree with me so resort to name calling and abuse. Such a shame that you cannot put together a decent argument without getting defensive (which you actually accused me of as well, which is far from the truth) and insulting. I must assume in my arrogance that you have your head firmly in the sand then?

Could I ask you, why do you come on here if you have such a low opinion of so many people on here? It's only a forum and as such people have their opinions, which may differ to yours, but you seem to think that it is then okay to blather away and insult the intelligence and opinions of someone when they don't agree with you.

And you call me arrogant. Nice one Charlie. Unfortunately if you don't like realism that's your problem not anyone else's.

Longsidebogs

Post by Longsidebogs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:53 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^this.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:41 pm

@Houseboy..... as a realist, where do you expect Burnley to be in the league?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:43 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
and you are calling people arrogant and defensive - you read your own post ffs Another poster who has an opinion but doesn't think others should have. FWIW I think most of your points are valid :lol: :lol: :lol:

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:49 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Sorry, but that’s a lot of waffle to just be defensive.
:D :D :D :D :D

There's nothing like a bit of self awareness, is there?

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Who moans more? Moaners, or the ones who moan about people moaning? ;)

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm

SGr wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Claretonthecoast has carved a personality out of the latter.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:41 pm
About where we are now. Does that mean we should give up on ever trying to improve?

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by boyyanno » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:58 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
The Irony.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:02 pm

houseboy wrote:

I am another "negative" poster. I have never been on here slagging off the club/finances or demanding Dyche to be out. However results have been poor and the football worse over the past months. It is quite right that as paying fans we ask questions when things are not going our way. I would second the fact that the recruitment needs to improve/start again and that it would be better if we got back to mixing football up, like we did against Leicester, I am not asking us to play like Man City, I am asking us to play like we can. I want my team to strive to be the best it can be, some of you might be right that we are there now but as a football fan you have to hope and believe you can push on, if you've lost that feeling you need to do some inner soul searching ;) I consider myself a realist and anything above 17th is a bonus.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm

So now we have NO posters who believe Dyche to be a one-trick pony, arrogant and mocking the fans in interviews or believe the players have downed tools or believe that Hendrick/ Tarks/ Westwood/ Tayor/ Bardsley/Pope/Cork / Wood/ Jayrod are collectively and individually poop or believe the board are happy to host Championship football next season ?
Astonishing, absolutely astonishing.

blake's wand
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by blake's wand » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:34 pm

As always, the reality sits somewhere in the middle. Nobody can argue that we haven't been bad recently, but we were very good yesterday. Football is always a game of fine margins and if Vardy scores the penalty, again it's a different game.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to achieve more and do more than just survive, and it's a product of our own past success that fans want more than a 17th place finish.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:37 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Below West Ham but above Sheffield United. You?

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 pm

I think fans sometimes forget we all support Burnley and get more engrossed in a keyboard warrior-who has the last say-internet battle.

Be nice folks, people will have different views, it's just the way it is. It could be argued that you don't have a great love for the club if there's nothing you find to be critical about. The very fact people are negative only shows to me they want to see improvement.

A bit like how we all love our significant others despite their faults...

..or in the case of most of us, how they love us despite our significant faults :lol:

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 am

Sproggy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:37 pm
Below West Ham but above Sheffield United. You?
I'm not so sure but I think that historically we have generally been above both. But then I remember the older days when we were a major club. I would say on par though at least. West Ham are perceived as a big club but their trophy haul, such as it is, suggests very much otherwise I think. Same with Sheff Utd.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 am

dandeclaret wrote:
To be honest I'm not sure. Do we 'expect' anything? I think we (and all clubs ) deserve to be where they are. When we were in the bottom tier that is where we deserved to be. All I can say is when you have lived through a time (and you may have forgive me) when your club has had an unbroken tenure in the top flight of 24 years you tend, rightly or wrongly, to think that is where they should be, but that is wrong as well I suppose.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am

SGr wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Excellent question.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:23 am

Which came first? The moaner or the moaner about the moaners?

It's a chicken and egg situation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:29 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm
Claretonthecoast has carved a personality out of the latter.
Implying he has a personality is stretching things a bit

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:34 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:29 am
Implying he has a personality is stretching things a bit
Aww little troll still at it, get well soon kid

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:51 am

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

houseboy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 am
To be honest I'm not sure. Do we 'expect' anything? I think we (and all clubs ) deserve to be where they are. When we were in the bottom tier that is where we deserved to be. All I can say is when you have lived through a time (and you may have forgive me) when your club has had an unbroken tenure in the top flight of 24 years you tend, rightly or wrongly, to think that is where they should be, but that is wrong as well I suppose.
No right or wrong but as you know all too well those were very different times in football. The main criteria for how big you were was probably the quality and size of your scouting network and ours was very good for many years. Wages, money, sponsorship, TV deals etc were all irrelevant.
For the last 20 or 30 years or more money is king and for us to be in the top league is definitely punching above our weight IMHO.

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am

houseboy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:23 am
Which came first? The moaner or the moaner about the moaners?

It's a chicken and egg situation. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must be the moaner. The moaner about the moaner had nothing to moan about until the moaner started moaning

I struggle with the chicken/egg thing because one of them must have come first. in fact I think I would prefer to debate this than the appropriateness of the recruitment policy

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 am

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am
No right or wrong but as you know all too well those were very different times in football. The main criteria for how big you were was probably the quality and size of your scouting network and ours was very good for many years. Wages, money, sponsorship, TV deals etc were all irrelevant.
For the last 20 or 30 years or more money is king and for us to be in the top league is definitely punching above our weight IMHO.
True. Times have definitely changed. Not for the better I think - but that's just my opinion.