FAD

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

FAD

Post by Damo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am

Does anyone else suffer from this?

The past few weeks, I've felt down in the dumps, been kicking my heels and avoiding speaking to people about football.
Today though I have woken up in a great mood. I feel as though I have found my center. I have a spring in my step again and I want to talk football with everyone I meet. Even with people I know to dislike football

I dont know if theres a cure, and if there is, I dont think I want it.
Anyone else have similar experiences to me?

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Re: FAD

Post by Goobs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:40 am

I always enjoy talking football regardless of how we are doing as there is always something to talk about, be it potential transfers, squad changes, decisions in the game, or simply reliving the winning goal etc.

The day I stop talking / playing / watching football will likely be the one after I die.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am

Sometimes THINK I am getting fed up with it. But reality is I don’t think I ever will. Even when things annoy me - results, var, spending or lack of... but it’s the one thing where I have made most friends, memories and it’s the ultimate ice breaker in most circumstances. With customers, on a train, on holiday...

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2472 times
Has Liked: 2009 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:18 pm

I’m watching less by the month. Nothing to do with our results or VAR. just the endless cheating, time wasting, faking injuries, pinching yards in every situation.
The game needs stop clocks, in play treatment(that would soon have them up on their feet), no subs in last 10mins,
The stop clock should stop after 6 secs for a throw-in, 10 secs for a goal kick, 15secs for a fk or corner. Some throw-ins can now take 30secs, ridiculous.
The paying public is being robbed of the game it loves. The teleprinter used to churn out results from 4.40pm, now it’s 5pm before some results are in yet you have seen far less football.
This user liked this post: Petersa