Whos honest enough to admit eating SD humble pie

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Re: Whos honest enough to admit eating SD humble pie

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Yeah, like I said, we played a lot better, but it was pretty much the same team. All over the pitch - Lowton, Mee and Tarko, Cork and Westy, - individual performances were much better. The only significant change has been to deal with a clearly unfit Barnes and give Jayrod a go, but I don’t believe there’s been a radical change in tactics. It’s just form.
I wouldn't underestimate just how much the inclusion of Jay has improved our game. Barnes has his strengths, no doubt, but when our players have the ball he can often be found pointing for the long ball so he can have a scrap. That's his game and it works against certain types of defenders. Lately though, and in part due to his injury, that tactic has been so ineffective its been painful.

Jay doesn't do that though, he comes deeper asking for the ball to feet, and that gives us a great platform to build from. I believe that's a massive reason why the other players looked to be playing themselves back into form. It doesn't just happen by chance.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 pm

We have started playing football. What was frustrating was for example second half against Man U at Turf Moor we played football on the deck and brought the game to them, but next game against Villa he started with the team and tactics that failed so dismally in the first half against Man U that was the criticism not Dyche as the manager but some of the aspects of his management.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Best bit of Humble Pie there is, right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tNoSmlnxwQ
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:24 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Yeah, like I said, we played a lot better, but it was pretty much the same team. All over the pitch - Lowton, Mee and Tarko, Cork and Westy, - individual performances were much better. The only significant change has been to deal with a clearly unfit Barnes and give Jayrod a go, but I don’t believe there’s been a radical change in tactics. It’s just form.

Nope it’s not form we’re playing on the floor for the first time this season and wow the results are flowing again, who knew, shocking stuff!

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:31 pm

It's an absolute nonsense to think that we turn up on any given day in this league and decide that we're going to play "good football".

We play mixed football, we always have under Dyche. Sometimes the opposition play well and we don't.

Anyone remember the absolute car crash lump fest at Huddersfield in our first promotion season under Dyche?

It happens.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Is that when Duff was sent off ?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:40 pm

"Anyone remember the absolute car crash lump fest at Huddersfield in our first promotion season under Dyche?"

You mean the game where Duff handled the ball with his nipple and was sent off as the ref awarded a penalty when the "offence" was actually 3 yards outside the box. And then Ings ran 40 yards with the ball at his feet to score for us and Vokes was really unlucky to see a late equaliser chalked off for a very marginal offside???? Just saying like.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 pm
Is that when Duff was sent off ?
Aye, in injury time.

It's the worst I've seen us play (under Dyche) up until Sheff Utd this season.

And we were top of the Championship.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:40 pm
"Anyone remember the absolute car crash lump fest at Huddersfield in our first promotion season under Dyche?"

You mean the game where Duff handled the ball with his nipple and was sent off as the ref awarded a penalty when the "offence" was actually 3 yards outside the box. And then Ings ran 40 yards with the ball at his feet to score for us and Vokes was really unlucky to see a late equaliser chalked off for a very marginal offside???? Just saying like.
That's the very one. Bloody ludicrous, but VAR would have reversed it had it existed.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 pm

I’ve always said SD can do no wrong; yes, occasionally results are not what we want them to be and the when the pressure ramps up the standard can drop alarmingly. However, just staying in this division is more than we can reasonably expect and results like last night keep the club where it is and reignites our fervour. It’s a bit like playing a sh!t round of golf and thinking you’ve had enough of the stupid game, then you hit a 320 yarder straight down the fairway and then pitch to 5 feet and sink a birdie. You can’t wait for the next game and round it goes again. Just remember, there are 72 clubs below the Prem who would kill to be where we are, and many won’t get within 25 places of It. These are great days to be a Burnley fan, so don’t waste them by thinking we are entitled to be in the Prem, because we aren’t. UTC.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Giftonsnoidea wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:24 pm
Nope it’s not form we’re playing on the floor for the first time this season and wow the results are flowing again, who knew, shocking stuff!
Last night we played more long balls, far fewer passes at a lower success rate and had a lot fewer shots than we did against Villa.

The idea that we've suddenly started playing a different style of football because we've happened to win a couple of games is a myth.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 am

Notice the pie hasn't even had a slice taken as yet .. there's a shock

Some of the defensive comments over their own negative dross they have posted is funny tho

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:40 pm
I have clearly said we deserved the luck. It wasn't a foul, and cork dallied too long. But what I'm really referring to is the penalty save at 1-1 and the numerous saves pope made that were good chances for Leicester. I'm not taking anything away from our performance as I clearly stated that our performance meant that we deserved the luck and the result, I'm saying it could quite easily have been another defeat on another day.
It absolutely was a foul, the guy took Cork's legs and made contact with the man before the ball - ergo a foul. And Pope being a good goalkeeper is 'lucky'? He was doing his job! It's what he's paid to do. If a striker scores a hat trick is he lucky? And by numerous saves do you mean the two he made other than the penalty?
You need to watch a re-run.

Tread Warily
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by Tread Warily » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Two swallows don't make a summer,sure i've rubbished SD in the past,and it was well founded.
But what has he achieved as a manager? keeping us in the PL year in and year out.The team scrabbling a
point here and there,week in and week out,to avoid relegation.It's about time we had a proper crack at winning some silverware.We play Norwich in the FA Cup to-morrow,it would be some ignominy to
be beaten by the bottom team after the latest results.It's 106 years since we won the cup,now there's
a record to be broken.If we were beaten finalists,it would still be an achievement.
If SD can top Wednesdays result,I will eat a bakery full of Humble Pies.
PS: I'm starving.
Last edited by Tread Warily on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm
Not me. I still think there's two things you can do to stay managing this club; win or play attractive football. Do enough of the former and the latter will be irrelevant. He will, I'm pretty sure, do enough this year to stay in place.
Interesting viewpoint but “ attractive football” never ever saved a managers job when the results didn’t /don’t come in. A patient board maybe ( though tough to find them ) In comparison to our style the vast majority if not all the prem play “ sexy football “ . If the board ever take a gamble or two maybe even we can play occasional attractive stuff
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Bournemouth under Eddie play fairly "attractive football."
So I'm told do Norwich, after a fashion.

Take a look at the PL table.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:38 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 pm
Bournemouth under Eddie play fairly "attractive football."
So I'm told do Norwich, after a fashion.

Take a look at the PL table.

Heard a Norwich fan recently on 5live claim his team didn't deserve to be bottom of the league due to the way they played football :D

A couple of managers have brainwashed a whole host of fans of different clubs across the country

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Not really about humble pie, how can a team go from the Villa home performance to that at Old Trafford. Absolutley polls apart, and questions do sometimes need asking. Theres no denying he has had to change tactics because of Ash injury, maybe that change has energised the team...who knows ?
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Interesting viewpoint but “ attractive football” never ever saved a managers job when the results didn’t /don’t come in. A patient board maybe ( though tough to find them ) In comparison to our style the vast majority if not all the prem play “ sexy football “ . If the board ever take a gamble or two maybe even we can play occasional attractive stuff
You're right of course, I didn't mean to suggest that we could happily slip down to the National League as long as we were losing 6-5 every week. But attractive football and Championship might be as successful combination for a manager as Premier League and a workmanlike offering.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:29 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Heard a Norwich fan recently on 5live claim his team didn't deserve to be bottom of the league due to the way they played football :D

A couple of managers have brainwashed a whole host of fans of different clubs across the country
Someone should remind Narch Shitty that sexy football doesn't win games ... GOALS win games.

So lets remind them of that tomorrow and send them back to the Fens with nowt :D bottom of the league and out of the cup .... :D :D :D

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:30 pm

From what I've seen, unless you're City or Liverpool backed by zillions and zillions of pounds, attacking, attractive football seems to have very little to do with defending or stopping the opposition having frequent free pops at your goal. Just and observation like.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5516 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:46 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:38 pm

What they actually mean is the way they try to play football. The fact that they are rock bottom suggests they are not very good at it.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:51 pm

houseboy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am
It absolutely was a foul, the guy took Cork's legs and made contact with the man before the ball - ergo a foul. And Pope being a good goalkeeper is 'lucky'? He was doing his job! It's what he's paid to do. If a striker scores a hat trick is he lucky? And by numerous saves do you mean the two he made other than the penalty?
You need to watch a re-run.

Where did I say that pope was lucky by being a good goalkeeper? Yes he is doing his job, and his job very well. Im talking about the quality of chances we offered Leicester. It isn't me who needs to watch a re run. It's strange because I've read a lot of your posts leading upto the Leicester game that I fully agreed with, now after 2 results and better performances all is forgotten again (until the next time).

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Wasn't there a thread on this message board on Wednesday in which many posters claimed that this current Manchester United team was the worst in living memory? :?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:30 pm
From what I've seen, unless you're City or Liverpool backed by zillions and zillions of pounds, attacking, attractive football seems to have very little to do with defending or stopping the opposition having frequent free pops at your goal. Just and observation like.
When it comes to attractive football Man City play far fewer long balls than Liverpool who play many during a game. When you have Henderson & Milner in your midfield it's hardly going to be cultured football anyway.

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Spijed wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 pm
When it comes to attractive football Man City play far fewer long balls than Liverpool who play many during a game. When you have Henderson & Milner in your midfield it's hardly going to be cultured football anyway.
The point I was (perhaps clumsily) trying to make Spijed, is that we've seen numerous teams n the PL (and Championship) over a number of years who ostensibly espouse a free flowing, attractive, attacking philosophy and they pretty much always ship shed loads of goals at the back because they don't actually defend! And so they lose a lot!!

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:28 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Wasn't there a thread on this message board on Wednesday in which many posters claimed that this current Manchester United team was the worst in living memory? :?
I suppose it depends how old you are...

The 1973/74 relegation side has to be worse surely ... but like us in 2016 they were promptly promoted back in 1975.

Its a bit like the fact its 25 years since a certain half shirt lot won the PL, so a generation have only known the Blue and White downfall.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
I suppose it depends how old you are...

The 1973/74 relegation side has to be worse surely ... but like us in 2016 they were promptly promoted back in 1975.

Its a bit like the fact its 25 years since a certain half shirt lot won the PL, so a generation have only known the Blue and White downfall.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:28 am

kentonclaret wrote:
This is a Man Utd side who have won at the Etihad this season,beaten Chelsea and Leicester at home,and thus far are the only team to deny Liverpool all 3 points in a PL game,they clearly aren't the force they were,but they've still got quality big money internationals throughout their squad,and were unbeaten at OT since September before we rolled up on Wednesday night.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets SussexDon1inIreland

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:21 am

ewanrob wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Not really about humble pie, how can a team go from the Villa home performance to that at Old Trafford. Absolutley polls apart, and questions do sometimes need asking. Theres no denying he has had to change tactics because of Ash injury, maybe that change has energised the team...who knows ?
I reckon it's probably more to do with the players realising that they had let standards slip up to the Villa game, and the Villa games was bad enough that it bucked their ideas up and they started playing harder and playing better.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:27 am

In my opinion it's purely luck. Most times Vardy/Martial would score and the last two wins easily become losses.

Villa had worse luck against us, they may have won but they lost two players to serious injury.

The players and manager always give there all, it's just luck that sometimes we get fortunate and everyone has a good game and sometimes we don't.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 am

If it’s just luck then there are some pretty unlucky teams out there like Bolton - poor little buggers !!

Not sure how many have watched back the first half of the Leicester game - we played well. Even better in the second half of course.
As for the penalty it’s not lucky that Vardy does not hit his penalty very well. It’s actually the form that he was in which had already taken a dip in the previous few games after he had taken that break for the birth of his child.

The biggest factor is rarely luck - it’s mostly down to how well both teams perform on the day. Confidence is a big factor too - look at the way United are playing and the pressure lots of their players are feeling.
It’s not our luck that Martial takes too many touches when he is through on goal and Taylor decides not to give up and puts in a brilliant challenge. Compare that to Maguire’s lack of desire when Wood scores.

If both teams play to the very best of their ability in this league then we would have been relegated a long time ago - fortunately that does not happen and we continue to do better than we should do because we are better at finding a way to get results in more games than some teams.
This season Sheff United have been a perfect example of that.
Last edited by TVC15 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:54 am

Had the laugh yesterday at two people who’d tweeted the club asking why Dyche hadn’t put any subs on on Wednesday saying it was obviously highlighting our weak squad!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:54 am
Had the laugh yesterday at two people who’d tweeted the club asking why Dyche hadn’t put any subs on on Wednesday saying it was obviously highlighting our weak squad!
One thing I was expecting, and that were subs in the dying minutes of the game to waste time, but he doesn't seem to like doing that. Perhaps he feels it's against the spirit of the game, but most sides seem to do it.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3060 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:03 am

Was never Dyche out, however i felt the front 2 needed a change as it had gone stale. Barnes' injury though obviously unfortunate has proved timely imho

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:05 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 am
One thing I was expecting, and that were subs in the dying minutes of the game to waste time, but he doesn't seem to like doing that. Perhaps he feels it's against the spirit of the game, but most sides seem to do it.
True although we were in total control with the 11 on the pitch. They did say he was scared to make subs in the last 2 games and it would have been the perfect time to give Goodridge a go for the 4 minutes of injury time.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 am

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:28 am
This is a Man Utd side who have won at the Etihad this season,beaten Chelsea and Leicester at home,and thus far are the only team to deny Liverpool all 3 points in a PL game,they clearly aren't the force they were,but they've still got quality big money internationals throughout their squad,and were unbeaten at OT since September before we rolled up on Wednesday night.
That’s a fair point

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:12 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:05 am
True although we were in total control with the 11 on the pitch. They did say he was scared to make subs in the last 2 games and it would have been the perfect time to give Goodridge a go for the 4 minutes of injury time.
Bring Goodridge on ? Wow.
Can you imagine the criticism if Leicester would have equalised or United would have scored 2 goals in 4 minutes which they have years of previous history of doing so ?

I think Dyche didn’t bring any subs on purely because it was working on the pitch. He did actually bring on Lennon late v Leicester.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 am
I think it was a case of don’t change what’s working.

Not one player looked tired or in need of changing. Once we went ahead against Leicester and for the whole of the second half we were in complete control. Obviously they had most of the ball but to an extent that’s us in control. Letting them have it where we want them to.

The team look fitter again and this has always been our strength. We can’t out play teams for ninety minutes but we can out run them. And I reckon he’s got us fitter.

He probably didn’t want to disrupt what was working in both games.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 am

Tall Paul wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:44 pm
Last night we played more long balls, far fewer passes at a lower success rate and had a lot fewer shots than we did against Villa.

The idea that we've suddenly started playing a different style of football because we've happened to win a couple of games is a myth.
Lies damn lies and statistics. For a start the second half was very different to the first half against villa, partly because Villa were content to sit deep, partly because we made changes that improved the quality of our play at half time. And of course those stats can't distinguish the football we tried to play when we got the chance from the clearances we had to make when under pressure - fans at the game can.

Of course there hasn't been a radical change of style, but the introduction of Rodroguez for Barnes has made a difference to the way we approach the game. We now have a striker who is comfortable coming short and accepting the ball to feet, and who wants to lay the ball off and spin off the defender for the next pass. The evidence is easy: Weve scored two goals this week with tight passing moves down our left; those aren't goals weve been scoring before.

Most of the fundamentals remain the same but its altered the detail of our approach play and it has proved both more effective and more pleasing to watch.

That's a change many were advocating and they were right. Top manager Dyche, but with hindsight it seems clear Jay's run in the team was overdue.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 am

Jay getting picked I agree was long overdue - albeit in hindsight and without all the facts that Dyche and his team have that we don’t.
And Jay in the last couple of games and against United at home actually when he came on has played surprisingly well - and I say surprisingly because tbh I hadn’t seen that earlier in the season from him.
But let’s not get carried away with the difference in style because Jay is playing instead of Barnes. I think it’s more a case of the team playing with more intensity and a tactical change in closing down players quicker...and obviously the confidence we have also got from a win.
At the start of the season Barnes was playing very well and look at his goal at Wolves if we need evidence that we can play well and score excellent goals.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:04 am

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 am
Jay getting picked I agree was long overdue - albeit in hindsight and without all the facts that Dyche and his team have that we don’t.
And Jay in the last couple of games and against United at home actually when he came on has played surprisingly well - and I say surprisingly because tbh I hadn’t seen that earlier in the season from him.
But let’s not get carried away with the difference in style because Jay is playing instead of Barnes. I think it’s more a case of the team playing with more intensity and a tactical change in closing down players quicker...and obviously the confidence we have also got from a win.
At the start of the season Barnes was playing very well and look at his goal at Wolves if we need evidence that we can play well and score excellent goals.
I think the change is marked. Barnesy is a cracking asset, but his game is about looking for contact, not space, and his link up game isnt very subtle. Jay is the precise opposite. Hes got a bigger range of passing, his one touch link play is better, he brings others into the game and gives the midfield two options to feet that we simply haven't seen in the past 3 months.

I'm not arguing the goal at Wolves isnt a cracking goal - Barnes can score crackers. But even the build up to the Wolves goal was fairly route one. Nothing wrong in that and its been effective for us and on its day it can result in enjoyable performances. But the goals from open play in the last week show the sort of link up football Jay van help us play. Its more refined, simple as.

Confidence and the intensity that brings is of course another factor.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm

:lol:

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Not me.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 pm

The Happy Clappers conspicuous in their absence tonight I see?

:lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm

morpheus2 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 pm
The Happy Clappers conspicuous in their absence tonight I see?

:lol: :lol:
Are they?

:shock:

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:35 pm

If they aren’t, they should be.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm
Are they?

:shock:
I don't know, I haven't looked.

Just on a fishing trip if I'm honest. ;)

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Where did I say that pope was lucky by being a good goalkeeper? Yes he is doing his job, and his job very well. Im talking about the quality of chances we offered Leicester. It isn't me who needs to watch a re run. It's strange because I've read a lot of your posts leading upto the Leicester game that I fully agreed with, now after 2 results and better performances all is forgotten again (until the next time).
You said we were lucky and made reference to Pope's 'many' saves. What else could I possibly conclude.