Burnley v Norwich - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Burnley v Norwich - Player Ratings

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm

“Odd and offensive” ?
Really ?

What is odd is that you say that the club has 3 objectives at the start of the season - to finish 17th and to get knocked out of the cups early. I believe you said that didn’t you ?

I completely disagree with your viewpoint and it’s a lot easier for me to present lots of evidence of this than you can.
The fact that we prioritise finishing as high up in the Premier League as we can is pretty much what every club in our league does. Most of the clubs in the Championship prioritise their league position before the cups too. That’s very different to what you are saying though.

It’s fine to disagree though so no need to respond.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm
“Odd and offensive” ?
Really ?

What is odd is that you say that the club has 3 objectives at the start of the season - to finish 17th and to get knocked out of the cups early. I believe you said that didn’t you ?

I completely disagree with your viewpoint and it’s a lot easier for me to present lots of evidence of this than you can.
The fact that we prioritise finishing as high up in the Premier League as we can is pretty much what every club in our league does. Most of the clubs in the Championship prioritise their league position before the cups too. That’s very different to what you are saying though.
Odd and defensive, is what I said. Not odd and offensive.

And you might find this hard to believe, but I don't mind if you disagree with my viewpoint, and I won't treat you with hostility as a result. I was just interested to read what led you to believe we want to progress in the cup competitions. It is my opinion, on balance, that we want to exit the cup competitions as early as possible to focus on staying up.

And what I don't mean by that, is that Dyche is telling players to deliberately miss chances, or is fining players for being part of team that beat Peterborough.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm
’s fine to disagree though so no need to respond.
Thanks for editing this bit in to your post.

For the record, it's not for you to suggest when I should respond. If you don't want to discuss further, it is for you to stop posting. Thanks.

strayclaret
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by strayclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Pleased I only paid £7.50 to watch that:-

Hart 5
Lowton 5
Tarkowski 8
Long 4
Pieters 5
Lennon 6
Westwood 6
Cork 6
Brady 4
Rodriguez 5
Wood 6

Vydra 4
Hendrick 6

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm

The fact that we beat Peterborough leads me to believe he wants to progress in the cup.
The fact that he played a strong side yesterday and made less changes than most teams in the cup did (he made less changes than Norwich who left their 3 best players out - we played Wood and Tarks - arguably 2 of our best players)

What evidence do you have that the 3 objectives of the club are as you stated in your original comment ?
....and evidence is not that we got beat yesterday or else we are back to my in jest comments that players are deliberately missing good chances !

I don’t really want you to provide evidence because I know you can’t. If we were playing the u23 team in every cup competition in the first round that would be evidence and I would agree with you about 2 of your stated objectives (not the one about finishing 17th).

Norwich beating us yesterday is like us beating United - it shouldn’t happen looking at the players on both teams but it does.
Do you think the Norwich manager was trying to get knocked out of the club early too ? You must do - he made far more changes than us and their position in the league is a tad more precarious than ours.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm
The fact that we beat Peterborough leads me to believe he wants to progress in the cup.
The fact that he played a strong side yesterday and made less changes than most teams in the cup did (he made less changes than Norwich who left their 3 best players out - we played Wood and Tarks - arguably 2 of our best players)

What evidence do you have that the 3 objectives of the club are as you stated in your original comment ?
....and evidence is not that we got beat yesterday or else we are back to my in jest comments that players are deliberately missing good chances !

I don’t really want you to provide evidence because I know you can’t. If we were playing the u23 team in every cup competition in the first round that would be evidence and I would agree with you about 2 of your stated objectives (not the one about finishing 17th).

Norwich beating us yesterday is like us beating United - it shouldn’t happen looking at the players on both teams but it does.
Do you think the Norwich manager was trying to get knocked out of the club early too ? You must do - he made far more changes than us and their position in the league is a tad more precarious than ours.
1. The way we approached the Norwich games at home this season was chalk and cheese. One game we set up with a clear plan and went all out to win from the off. Yesterday, they were in on goal within 10 seconds and could have had another 3 or 4 by half time. Where was the aggressive pressing from us yesterday. It clearly worked last time so why not set up like that again?
2. Dyche's comments about reflecting on the loss, which amounted to not really being bothered
3. Our cup record over the his tenure has been poor, at very best

Norwich being us yesterday was absolutely nothing like us beating United. Not even comparable in the slightest.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:33 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm
I don’t really want you to provide evidence because I know you can’t.
:roll: :roll:

Logs on

Replies asking for evidence

Posts the above.

Good luck squaring that one.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 pm
1. The way we approached the Norwich games at home this season was chalk and cheese. One game we set up with a clear plan and went all out to win from the off. Yesterday, they were in on goal within 10 seconds and could have had another 3 or 4 by half time. Where was the aggressive pressing from us yesterday. It clearly worked last time so why not set up like that again?
2. Dyche's comments about reflecting on the loss, which amounted to not really being bothered

Norwich being us yesterday was absolutely nothing like us beating United. Not even comparable in the slightest.
It was comparable in exactly the same context as I posted - ie that on paper United has the stronger side and so did we yesterday....it’s not that hard to understand really.

None of yours is evidence - it’s just a viewpoint founded on nothing. Even got ridiculous comments about what Dyche said about the loss are simply trying to support your warped view - the fact that he is level headed in virtually every post match interview win, lose or draw is not relevant to your daft conspiracy theory that the clubs objectives....

“Amounted to not really being bothered”
Hilarious !

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Okay mate, I like a good debate but if it can’t be done like adults and without needless hostility never mind.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Tread Warily
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by Tread Warily » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Speechless.

Marple Claret
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Marple Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Hart 6
Lowton 5
Pieters 7
Long 5
Tarkowski 6
Cork 5
Westwood 6
Lennon 8*
Brady 5
Rodriguez 6
Wood 6

Vydra 5
Hendrick 5

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 am

Another missed opportunity. As I said on a previous thread, I felt we were in for a good cup run this season, how wrong was I. Very poor, but all due credit to Norwich. Their second string played a 'beautiful' game with plenty of energy, running, craft, slick interplay. The scoreline doesn't do justice to their play. If some of our fringe players were auditioning for starting berths they didn't do themselves any favours imo.

Hart 5-Hard to fault him with the defence if its called that in front of him.
Lowton 4-Poor game
Tarkowski 9*-The one shining light. He was brilliant and helped keep the score down.
Long 3- Looked more than rusty.
Pieters 5-I felt he tried and scored a good goal but all too often caught our of position.
Lennon 5-He tries but doesn't seem to stamp any sort of authority on the game for such an experienced player.
Westwood 7-Thought he did well, especially in the second half driving us forward when he could.
Cork 4-Very poor game by JC standards.
Brady 3
Rodriguez 4-Got plenty of credit in the bank but JR was poor and missed a golden chance at 0-0.
Wood 5- Never really affected the after the opening spell.

Vydra 6-Difficult to mark the lad after his cameo role, but he certainly wasn't as bad a some on here are suggesting.
Hendrick 6- Came on like he meant business but soon drifted.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 am

Hart 4
Lowton 4
Tarkowski 7
Long 3
Pieters 4
Lennon 4
Westwood 4
Cork 4
Brady 4
Rodriguez 4
Wood 4

Vydra 4
Hendrick 4

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:07 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm
Or the largely fantastic defensive duo of Mee and Tarks.
Come on they have also had their off days and plenty last season and some this

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 pm

So using that logic, you could argue we started the game Saturday like we did against Villa recently in the league - would you agree ?

If you agree surely you have to think he didn't want a positive result that day ?