ARTICLE: We didn’t find the details you need to win games

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

ARTICLE: We didn’t find the details you need to win games

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Daniel Farke & Sean Dyche on today's game

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/we-didnt-f ... -win-games

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Re: ARTICLE: We didn’t find the details you need to win games

Post by jojomk1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:01 pm

The last paragraph said it all

He's not really arsed about losing today

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Totally agree-he gave it away in that last section. He doesn't care a Castlemaine 4X for being out of the Cup

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:04 pm

He doesn’t give to shiny a hits about today’s result or cups in general not the fans who turned up and paid.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2216 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:04 pm
He doesn’t give to shiny a hits about today’s result or cups in general not the fans who turned up and paid.
That won't include you then.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Think he summed it up perfectly after selecting as strong a team as I would have hoped for or expected. He did what I hoped for this year, we were just beaten by the better team on the day, just as Man U were beaten by the better team on Wednesday. It’s football. We’ll still finish top half.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Reading the post match interview & other interviews, listening to informed rumours, speaking to people quite high up within the club I have formed an opinion which doesn't bode well for the club.

At his last interview when asked if there might be incoming transfers he said " no" next question.

Rumour has it that the club is up for sale which is a result of conflicts within the club.
We have seen very little investment in future players for the club, only players such as Crouch etc to keep Dyche where he is.
The board would be ok with a yo-yo club making money and offering good entertainment, that's what any business man would want. They don't want hassle.
S D wants success for himself, which obviously means success for the club, but that, unfortunately can only be measured in Premier League terms. Hence the cup runs.
Hence the type of players coming to the club, Rodriguez, Pieters, Lennon, Crouch etc. Hence the style of play.
SD runs the club in effect, that is where the conflict lies.

The board can't sack SD because ;-
a, it would cost money
b, would they get anyone equal or better
C, it would alienate fans

No other club will come in for Dyche because of his style of play.

Wages have ballooned in order to keep hold of players, recruitment has halted other than bringing in here and now players to keep us steady, the call on directors has become intolerable.

Don't get me wrong, SD has done miracles but I fear it's coming to an end. It's unfortunately going stale.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 pm
That won't include you then.
Correct. For the first time in eight seasons. Because I didn’t give two either

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm
Reading the post match interview & other interviews, listening to informed rumours, speaking to people quite high up within the club I have formed an opinion which doesn't bode well for the club.

At his last interview when asked if there might be incoming transfers he said " no" next question.

Rumour has it that the club is up for sale which is a result of conflicts within the club.
We have seen very little investment in future players for the club, only players such as Crouch etc to keep Dyche where he is.
The board would be ok with a yo-yo club making money and offering good entertainment, that's what any business man would want. They don't want hassle.
S D wants success for himself, which obviously means success for the club, but that, unfortunately can only be measured in Premier League terms. Hence the cup runs.
Hence the type of players coming to the club, Rodriguez, Pieters, Lennon, Crouch etc. Hence the style of play.

a, it would cost money

Wages have ballooned in order to keep hold of players, recruitment has halted other than bringing in here and now players to keep us steady, the call on directors has become intolerable.

Don't get me wrong, SD has done miracles but I fear it's coming to an end. It's unfortunately going stale.
Some good points made. I have also heard something similar.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1692 times
Has Liked: 2529 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:04 pm
Well, I turned up today and have put today's result away. Still enjoying the unexpected 6 points against two of the top teams in the league inside three days though. If priorities are different then we have to beg to differ.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:49 pm

Nonayforever wrote:

a, it would cost money

Would the performances against Leicester and even more so against Man U. have been as good and disciplined if it's going stale?

You don't get six points like we've just done if there are big issues. You simply don't.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:49 pm
Would the performances against Leicester and even more so against Man U. have been as good and disciplined if it's going stale?

You don't get six points like we've just done if there are big issues. You simply don't.
Spijed, 6 points against Man City & Liverpool doesn't alter the fact that the club has been put up for sale.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Spijed, 6 points against Man City & Liverpool doesn't alter the fact that the club has been put up for sale.
But I just made reference to your assertion that things are going stale, when results like the last two would indicate they aren't.

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 pm
But I just made reference to your assertion that things are going stale, when results like the last two would indicate they aren't.
When I say things are going stale, I'm not referring to the last few results. I'm referring to the last two transfer windows & the reason why the direction of the club is going stale.
It doesn't look like anything of significance is going to happen this window ( and I personally wouldn't want a first team signing ) other than players out.

If I owned the club, I would be bringing in two or three players for next season when the likes of Hendrick, Brady & Lennon leave.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6839 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:38 pm

FFS a club owned by Burnley fans falling out because we are an established Prem club not pushing for the top four !!!! I really do not give any credence to such bull sh1t rumours no doubt coming from a cleaner who whilst cleaning an office heard the catering manager whilst referring to an out dated pie warmer saying oh of course its up for sale put two and two together and made five.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Nonayforever wrote:

a, it would cost money

I'll stand to be corrected if it's proven there's legitimate "conflict" (whatever that means) at the highest levels of the club but I'm struggling to find any substance of unique worth in what you've posted under the din of clutched pearls being shattered into powder. Are you telling us, according to your well placed sources, that Burnley, while operating sustainably and without outside investment, struggles to match other premier league clubs for wages and transfer fees, and that Dyche's continued success makes him virtually unsackable?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 am

Dyche:

'...Tomorrow morning, I’ll reflect on whether we could have done with another round and a midweek game, in among some big league games, having had all these injuries. That business side has to be factored in.

On the emotional side, don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed now and I’ll be disappointed tonight.

But I’ll shake it off tomorrow and move on, like we do...'

read between the lines! :?
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3077 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:16 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:12 pm
Think he summed it up perfectly after selecting as strong a team as I would have hoped for or expected. He did what I hoped for this year, we were just beaten by the better team on the day, just as Man U were beaten by the better team on Wednesday. It’s football. We’ll still finish top half.
If we were beaten by the better team I don't think there would be as much disappointment. The truth is only one team was up for it. One team wanted to win, the other just went through the motions. It's not the result, but the performance that is questionable. If he's really not arsed, he should have made eleven changes, at least the lift from the ManU result wouldn't have been diluted.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:16 am
If we were beaten by the better team I don't think there would be as much disappointment. The truth is only one team was up for it. One team wanted to win, the other just went through the motions. It's not the result, but the performance that is questionable. If he's really not arsed, he should have made eleven changes, at least the lift from the ManU result wouldn't have been diluted.
I understand your point, but he would have been hit with pelters both ways...

Puts a second string out (with young eager players) and he gets hammered because he doesn't take the cups seriously.
Puts a strong first team out, tells them to go for it, and gets an injuries, he gets hammered for risking our best players.

So, I think that he decided to put a strongish side out and told them he wasn't bothered about the result either way and not to risk injuries.

Not many scenarios he can win in this situation.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 am
I understand your point, but he would have been hit with pelters both ways...

Puts a second string out (with young eager players) and he gets hammered because he doesn't take the cups seriously.
Puts a strong first team out, tells them to go for it, and gets an injuries, he gets hammered for risking our best players.

So, I think that he decided to put a strongish side out and told them he wasn't bothered about the result either way and not to risk injuries.

Not many scenarios he can win in this situation.
He can easily win. Say he doesn’t care as it’s not a priority. What is a priority is premier league and also developing our youngsters.

In doing so he is being honest about how the club feel about the cup. And also giving up to 11 kids a game. With no pressure and actually probably a big gate who want to watch them do well.

Instead the highly thought of koikki wasn’t on the bench. In fact only one kid was.

Meanwhile Norwich will take real confidence from that game and could easily help them get some momentum.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 am
He can easily win. Say he doesn’t care as it’s not a priority. What is a priority is premier league and also developing our youngsters.

In doing so he is being honest about how the club feel about the cup. And also giving up to 11 kids a game. With no pressure and actually probably a big gate who want to watch them do well.

Instead the highly thought of koikki wasn’t on the bench. In fact only one kid was.

Meanwhile Norwich will take real confidence from that game and could easily help them get some momentum.
So you think he wouldn't have been given grief if he played the U23 squad? Come CFC you know he would have been given grief for not taking it seriously.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm
So you think he wouldn't have been given grief if he played the U23 squad? Come CFC you know he would have been given grief for not taking it seriously.
Not if he was honest about the intentions. I’m a huge fan of the fa cup. And I want us to take it serious and win it. But if we aren’t going to bother I’d much rather the kids and I’d have paid to watch them.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 520 times
Has Liked: 212 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 am

Big gate in the FA Cup 4th round? What we saying? 12,000 if we play the kids? Don't tell me, you and MACCA know many/plenty who would have gone on yesterday had Dyche been honest about the cup and played the kids.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:00 pm

NL Claret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:04 pm
Big gate in the FA Cup 4th round? What we saying? 12,000 if we play the kids? Don't tell me, you and MACCA know many/plenty who would have gone on yesterday had Dyche been honest about the cup and played the kids.
8k would have been a big gate for the kids.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 am

Nonayforever wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Went from rumour to fact in a couple of posts about being up for sale.