What did I miss - club for sale

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Re: What did I miss - club for sale

Post by claretandy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 am

Just listened back to Weller post match, i didn't hear him say anything about the club being for sale ?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:21 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:03 am
HOUSE.......BINGO!

I was waiting on the reference to £150m and Blackburn.
No problem - happy to help !
could have said many other clubs - point being that’s one way that many clubs owners choose to run their clubs. Subsidise them whilst milking them in interest and directors big salaries and when the club is sold get their money back and then some.
I don’t get the criticism our owners have had after overseeing the most successful period in the clubs history for more than 50 years and not making a bean out of it themselves.

They are even getting criticism for the possibility they might sell the club and make a profit on their shares despite the fact that it’s the same people who are calling for new investors.

Which leads me to the conclusion that what some fans are really calling for is that we have owners who don’t take a penny out of the club, subsidise us with their own money so we can spend more on players, run the club at a loss, then sell the club for a song with no profit to themselves to some billionaire Saudi’s of which I am sure there is a long queue of em just waiting round the corner ready to do the deal.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1293 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 am

Not sure what truth there is in this but I suppose the it will change hands one day. I just hope that the style of control and sensible management that has given us the relative success continues as long as possible. My worry is an owner comes in with less concern for the club than they have for their self interest and we end up in Dickies meadow. In case you want an example, take a look at our near neighbours along the M65.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 am
I’ve heard a rumour that there is something happening.

Always makesMe laugh on here when foreign investment is mentioned. People immediately cite Portsmouth or Rovers and totally disregard the multiple success stories regarding foreign investment.
It’s like wanting to win the cup. People on here think we can only do that if we get relegated.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 am

Cirrus_Minor wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 am
Not sure what truth there is in this but I suppose the it will change hands one day. I just hope that the style of control and sensible management that has given us the relative success continues as long as possible. My worry is an owner comes in with less concern for the club than they have for their self interest and we end up in Dickies meadow. In case you want an example, take a look at our near neighbours along the M65.
Or we could look at Leicester, Wolves, Man City,
Liverpool etc etc etc

By the way, if it wasn’t for Venkys it’s fair to say Rovers would have gone the way to Bolton or Bury a long time ago.

The reality is that there are more success stories than there are horror stories.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:11 am

The previous Liverpool owners messed up big style.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 am

I’ve not heard heard any such rumours, but I really hope we aren’t considering selling up to try and keep Dyche happy and give him lots of money to spend.

In all reality he’d blow the money on players he didn’t like and the football style would still be mostly unpleasant. He’s worked absolute wonders for us, he really has, but if it’s a choice between Dyche or the board, I’d keep the guys who’ve been here far longer than he has.

HuncoatClaret
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by HuncoatClaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 am

Weller definitely DID NOT say anything to suggest that the club was for sale.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:21 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 am
Or we could look at Leicester, Wolves, Man City,
Liverpool etc etc etc

By the way, if it wasn’t for Venkys it’s fair to say Rovers would have gone the way to Bolton or Bury a long time ago.

The reality is that there are more success stories than there are horror stories.
Of course Wolves and Leicester (clubs that are more comparable to us than City or Liverpool) are viewed as success stories but that is because their backers are still there, pumping cash in. Should that tap be turned off, they are another horror story waiting to happen.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 520 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 am

Love it when UTC posters struggle to come to terms that we are not Liverpool or Man City.

Delusions of grandeur I think they call it.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 328 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:36 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 am
I’ve not heard heard any such rumours, but I really hope we aren’t considering selling up to try and keep Dyche happy and give him lots of money to spend.

In all reality he’d blow the money on players he didn’t like and the football style would still be mostly unpleasant. He’s worked absolute wonders for us, he really has, but if it’s a choice between Dyche or the board, I’d keep the guys who’ve been here far longer than he has.
Dyche's experience at Watford being the incumbent manager when new ambitious owners come knocking suggest he'd be far from pleased.
Whether it's successful or not, new owners tend to want their own management team in place.
If the club's up for sale it could be a monumental crossroads for BFC.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 am

I for one would be really uncomfortable for our club to be sold to “outsiders” for fear of happening to us what happened at places like Charlton, Leicester, Portsmouth, Blackburn (snigger). However, it is becoming a reality that for us to keep up with 17th place in the premier league (maybe not now but in the next few seasons) we need some serious investment. The problem is we are probably the least investable club in the premier league because of fan base, General income potential and geographical position in the country.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:42 am

Woonderbah wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:36 am
Dyche's experience at Watford being the incumbent manager when new ambitious owners come knocking suggest he'd be far from pleased.
Whether it's successful or not, new owners tend to want their own management team in place.
If the club's up for sale it could be a monumental crossroads for BFC.
Agreed. Dyche's experience of a change of ownership ought to make him cautious about it. A case of be careful what you wish for.

In his own words though, Dyche wants to push the finances further and further, which has culminated in a wage bill that seemed impossible for Burnley only a couple of years ago. On balance, I think it's probably true that the board are massively uncomfortable with that and feel we've pushed the finances as far as they can go now.

Without outside investment, we've hit the ceiling. The noises coming out of the club during this window suggest Dyche and the club are in different places on it. We're definitely at a crossroads, whether we genuinely are up for sale or not.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am

bf2k wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 am
I for one would be really uncomfortable for our club to be sold to “outsiders” for fear of happening to us what happened at places like Charlton, Leicester, Portsmouth, Blackburn (snigger). However, it is becoming a reality that for us to keep up with 17th place in the premier league (maybe not now but in the next few seasons) we need some serious investment. The problem is we are probably the least investable club in the premier league because of fan base, General income potential and geographical position in the country.
With the exception of the seaside what is more appealing about Bournemouth.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:32 am

He's on Twitter - has anybody actually asked him what he meant?

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3147 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:44 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 am
I’ve heard a rumour that there is something happening.

Always makesMe laugh on here when foreign investment is mentioned. People immediately cite Portsmouth or Rovers and totally disregard the multiple success stories regarding foreign investment.
and which clubs would they be - you know of the none super club kind - over the medium to long term - not saying it is impossible but really struggling to come up with one besides possibly Peterborough

you may think Brentford - I may not agree that applies in total to us - as they have a large debt, share skill sets with the owners business which is one of the few of it's kind and three of them own clubs in our pyramid already (Notts County and Brighton being the others). Even their new ground is being funded by property values that are completely alien to our town

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 am

Newcastle close to being sold for £340 million to a Saudi Arabian Prince. Perhaps he has decided to go for Burnley instead.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:46 am

There are many investors out there in the form of private individuals or companies who are actively seeking clubs to invest in.
Most are very intelligent who are now employing third party agents to analyse the value of their investment in order to mitigate a disastrous venture such as Fulham or Blackburn ( who got conned )
One of the most sought after pieces of analysis, which in many cases can be the deciding factor on a purchase, is the potential to " cash in an asset" .
In European football that presents itself wonderfully in the two transfer windows. Whilst the value of your investment is rising ( the club ) the investor has the opportunity to cash out on a young player twice a year if liquid funds are required short term.
That's where the conflict lies within our club. The directors and M Rigg want up & coming players whose value will increase. SD wants tried & tested work horses to stave off a relegation on his CV.
Never the twain shall meet.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:44 am
and which clubs would they be - you know of the none super club kind - over the medium to long term - not saying it is impossible but really struggling to come up with one besides possibly Peterborough

you may think Brentford - I may not agree that applies in total to us - as they have a large debt, share skill sets with the owners business which is one of the few of it's kind and three of them own clubs in our pyramid already (Notts County and Brighton being the others). Even their new ground is being funded by property values that are completely alien to our town
I named them above, two that immediately spring to mind are Wolves and Leicester.

If you consider that I think 16 of 20 clubs in the premier league have foreign owners it’s hard to argue that foreign owners are disastrous.

Also a number of our fans bemoan the fact that we can’t compete yet also rubbish the thought of foreign owners who have been the people that allow the other clubs to compete.

Also for NL Claret, I’m not suggesting we are City or Liverpool just pointing out that those are clubs with foreign ownership that’s going well.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Wolves were bought for non-footballing reasons as has been extensively detailed om the Magic Money Tree thread (add Southampton and West Brom to the very same reason and home of the ultimate owners) all three have some strange (dubious) activities around them, Leicester for all their success, benefitted from not having to pay for their stadium and an owner looking to polish a reputation/move investment monies out of his own country - they have a sizeable debt also which billionaires can do. I do not want to be associated with any of that

any more

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:51 pm

HuncoatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 am
Weller definitely DID NOT say anything to suggest that the club was for sale.
He mentioned there were rumours that the club could be up for sale

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1427 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Blackburnclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:51 pm
He mentioned there were rumours that the club could be up for sale
Thanks for the confirmation Blackburnclaret, I didn’t just decide to make this up so I could start as thread!

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm
Thanks for the confirmation Blackburnclaret, I didn’t just decide to make this up so I could start as thread!
the statement was very clear - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0805x6r 18.06 in
These 3 users liked this post: Burnleyareback2 Bosscat Vegas Claret

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Wolves appointing Mendes and having access to quality players without having to compete against any other club for their signature is a clear advantage.

Having a truly gifted Coach to work with those players is a recipe for success.

I don't know if they will challenge Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea just yet but would say they won't be far away from being top 4 in the coming seasons.

We could attract a wealthy investor(s) but don't think it would have a similar impact.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm

There is no doubt Mendes is a great coach, that the agency tie in is cleared by the authorities is bizarre, Wolves may struggle with China's recent restrictions on foreign investment (hence the search for additional investors) and if HS2 gets cancelled (the reason for Fosun's original interest)

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 pm
I named them above, two that immediately spring to mind are Wolves and Leicester.

If you consider that I think 16 of 20 clubs in the premier league have foreign owners it’s hard to argue that foreign owners are disastrous.

Also a number of our fans bemoan the fact that we can’t compete yet also rubbish the thought of foreign owners who have been the people that allow the other clubs to compete.

Also for NL Claret, I’m not suggesting we are City or Liverpool just pointing out that those are clubs with foreign ownership that’s going well.

But we DO compete, and very well. We've competed better than many clubs with far wealthier owners.

What are they doing wrong despite investing more on players than we do?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18204 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm
the statement was very clear - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0805x6r 18.06 in
Cheers for that I knew we heard something about rumours of the club for sale while driving back up the M65 to Barrowford....

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm
But we DO compete, and very well. We've competed better than many clubs with far wealthier owners.

What are they doing wrong despite investing more on players than we do?

In the transfer market Spijed, people regularly say we can’t compete in that.

Chester, refer your to my other comments, the majority of Prem clubs are owned by foreigners so it can’t all be bad.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:43 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Chester, refer your to my other comments, the majority of Prem clubs are owned by foreigners so it can’t all be bad.
Spending £80 million on Harry Maguire or £40 million on Sébastien Haller is pointless if they can't or don't perform well in their respective teams.

James Tarkowski and Chris Wood have been far more successful for us, despite a fraction of the cost.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Bosscat

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:

Stoke are owned by a british billionaire...Why arent they throwing money at their Club?

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm

I have no idea what the posts from Tim Noone and Spijed quoting me have to do with the wider point.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
And which of the other none super clubs are doing well in the medium-long term

Sheffield Utd - first season in the Prem (doing great on the pitch - New owner (after legal battle) who has to stump up over a quarter of his wealth in the summer to buy the ground, training ground and other assets from the previous owner - and players wanting substantially bigger contracts than are being offered

Crystal Palace - huge debt and up for sale, American shareholders wanting to sell player assets to recover "investment"

Everton - owe the owner £350m before works and expenses begin on new ground - just published losses of £100m + clever scheme of selling a naming rights option to avoid FFP being investigated

Southampton - Previous owner was desperate to sell from moment her father died, - current owner (with links that make it look like club is ultimately managed by Chinese State) signed record sponsorship deal with a company that has never traded and still doesn't

Aston Villa - lots of debt, lots of loans right offs for equity that will never likely be returned on sale, being investigated over ground sale to themselves, possibly breach FFP on player purchases this season (being investigated - lurched from crises to crises under successive foreign owners

Bournemouth - huge debt, image wash for Russian owner

Watford - huge debt, football farming operation - had to borrow money to fund the £2m purchase of Keeper

cannot think of one of those scenarios I want our club to be part of
Last edited by Chester Perry on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile Vegas Claret

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Stoke are owned by a british billionaire...Why arent they throwing money at their Club?
They themselves have said that they would love too but FFP prevents them from doing so and are campaigning for it to be scrapped

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm
They themselves have said that they would love too but FFP prevents them from doing so and are campaigning for it to be scrapped
FFP Makes it more of a level playing field benefiting a club like Burnley would it not? I recall QPR trying to gain an unfair advantage when we got the first promotion under SD. And it Backfired on em.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:30 pm
FFP Makes it more of a level playing field benefiting a club like Burnley would it not? I recall QPR trying to gain an unfair advantage when we got the first promotion under SD. And it Backfired on em.
yes and yes - and to be fair to Stoke they are playing by the rules - just they would like to see them change for the advantage they could exploit -

the bigger issue for a club like Burnley on relegation is the growing campaign to get rid of/reduce parachute payments and redistribute those monies more fairly across the EFL - effectively means a greater player sell off for relegated clubs - add that to the size/revenue advantages of your Leeds etc and we would find it a huge challenge if we did not bounce back like last time
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 pm
I think every club is up for sale, at the right price.
Yes most clubs anyway. But it seems Burnley don't encourage potentail buyers. That is if there any.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm

It appears if we were to be sold the majority of posters would find a rich Russian or rich Arab preferable well I'm going to Google and see if I can find a Mr Khalid Petromovic who has a passion for Benedictine and cask ale who incidentally could be happily married to his childhood sweet heart from Todmorden wouldn't that be nice ?

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 pm
And which of the other none super clubs are doing well in the medium-long term

Sheffield Utd - first season in the Prem (doing great on the pitch - New owner (after legal battle) who has to stump up over a quarter of his wealth in the summer to buy the ground, training ground and other assets from the previous owner - and players wanting substantially bigger contracts than are being offered

Crystal Palace - huge debt and up for sale, American shareholders wanting to sell player assets to recover "investment"

Everton - owe the owner £350m before works and expenses begin on new ground - just published losses of £100m + clever scheme of selling a naming rights option to avoid FFP being investigated

Southampton - Previous owner was desperate to sell from moment her father died, - current owner (with links that make it look like club is ultimately managed by Chinese State) signed record sponsorship deal with a company that has never traded and still doesn't

Aston Villa - lots of debt, lots of loans right offs for equity that will never likely be returned on sale, being investigated over ground sale to themselves, possibly breach FFP on player purchases this season (being investigated - lurched from crises to crises under successive foreign owners

Bournemouth - huge debt, image wash for Russian owner

Watford - huge debt, football farming operation - had to borrow money to fund the £2m purchase of Keeper

cannot think of one of those scenarios I want our club to be part of
My god, that's scary reading..and as an advocate of getting investment in ...my word do we have to be careful what we wish for.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32372 times
Has Liked: 5270 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:16 pm
Garlick has said in the past that there have been enquiries about the club
I don't know about that but Burnley put out feelers looking for investment over a year ago. Wasn't there some prospectus issued?

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:19 pm

MACCA wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:17 pm
Is it not common knowledge?

I'm unaware of any business that wants to keep posting huge profits other than for sale purposes.

It makes zero sense to do so, it helps you get top dollar.
No one buys a business that makes little or no money...
Venkys did. Haha

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:59 pm
My god, that's scary reading..and as an advocate of getting investment in ...my word do we have to be careful what we wish for.
I to, like you, would like to see additional investment - but as you say we have to be careful - there is much I would like to see us do better starting with a commitment to pay a living wage and ideally dropping all gambling/vaping sponsorship

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

claret10 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 pm
I was told at the beginning of the season that a prospective new owner was looking around Barnfield....this was about September and haven't heard any talk since so didn't give it any extra thought...but I must admit when the noises of not spending this January came out I put 2 and 2 together and wondered if it was linked to this and them not wanting to commit any money if they were on their way out.

I also got told they were from Israel which I found really ironic that only Burnley could get taken over by people that have a sterotype of being tight with their money :lol:
They also have a reputation for knowing how to make money.with their investments.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times

Post by bf2k » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am
With the exception of the seaside what is more appealing about Bournemouth.
Close(ish) proximity to London. Old people (if you’re like Wayne Rooney).

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:59 pm

bf2k wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm
I’ve drove and got the train to and from Bournemouth and London and it’s a bit of a blag to say the least. Much further especially driving than I remembered.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm

When you have the big six & the clubs in Chester's list trying to buy players, sometimes not just for on pitch input, plus the other well run & equally rich clubs in the PL and the championship, you can see why it is so hard to get good players in.
You can also understand the directors reluctance to throw money at a transfer - where do you stop ?
Buy one player, then we need another then another. It's an expensive never ending circle which the directors, understandingly, probably don't wish to continue.

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 pm

bf2k wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm
Ii is a bit further than you might think. It is around 110 miles, so 2 or 3 hour drive?

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:09 pm
Heard Paul Weller after the game day there are rumours the club is up for sale.

I haven’t heard about this before or read anything in here- what have I missed?
Probably Weller fishing as usual

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Siddo wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 pm
Ii is a bit further than you might think. It is around 110 miles, so 2 or 3 hour drive?
As I found out to my cost :lol:

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Probably a load of rubbish... can’t see Weller having any insider knowledge unless Prince Sheikh of Wherever happened to want a 62 plate Fiesta with one lady owner.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2166 times
Has Liked: 3097 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Petr Kellner would be good, but i believe his preference would be Chelsea