Our mentality - both club and fans

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: Our mentality - both club and fans

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 am

Have yourself a pint of Murphy's Spijed

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 am

Spijed wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:23 am
Outstanding season?

Give over. They've spent £120 million to float around the bottom of the prem and will get destroyed in the final (if they play Man city) so your point about Europe is irrelevant.

When you spend that much you should expect far better than what their mediocre manager has produced so far this season.

And do you think it can be classed as an outstanding season if they finish below Sheff United?
Give over. We’ve spent the same to be floating around the bottom too

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:01 pm

I would love to see the same/similar post from 5 & 10 years ago to see what people wanted then, it is human nature to always want more and to look to the future and dream. Yet that is not reality and to make improvement takes time, it takes money, the only way is to make fundamental large step changes, that is a gamble however. Regardless of our wishes we are at the mercy of the owners, their thoughts, how much of the gambling instinct do they have, yet the one thing I am positive of is that they have the best thoughts of how to improve the club.

I can dream, I can wish, I can and will complain about certain things but in the grand scheme of things I would like to go on record and thank them for taking the club to where it is, for the fabulous times and elations I have experienced, I will be supporting them in 10 years also and for as long as I draw breath. Now if only we could get that super fast young right winger in and the box to box midfielder in during the next few days, but alas I fear not, but we have the summer window to look forward to don't we :)