Pivotal Summer window ahead for Burnley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Re: Pivotal Summer window ahead for Burnley

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:12 pm
Nothing to do with challenging, Dyche won't change the starting eleven, over the past two season's Mee, Tarks Westwood and cork to name a few should of been rested but not a chance Dyche will change.

Brady contracted until 2022

Brady 5 million max
Vydra 8 million max
Gibson 10 million max
McNeil 25/30 million at least or we don't sell

So At least 40-50 million, if not we dont sell them we would be better leaving them as back up squad players because it would be to expensive to replace.
Of course it's about challenging.

If a player does the business from the bench or a cup start then they come into the thinking for start.

Gibson and Vydra have been poor whenever they've had a chance, that's why they're not playing. Not because we don't change the starting 11.

For instance, why should Gibson get a start in the PL when he can't even defend against league one Sunderland?

Get real.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:39 am

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 am
Of course it's about challenging.

If a player does the business from the bench or a cup start then they come into the thinking for start.

Gibson and Vydra have been poor whenever they've had a chance, that's why they're not playing. Not because we don't change the starting 11.

For instance, why should Gibson get a start in the PL when he can't even defend against league one Sunderland?

Get real.

Ha ha ha ha Gibson never to start because of ONE game against league one Sunderland and you say to me get real.

That one stupid sentence says it all about you, I think Mr Dyche must think the same way, over the last two season's player's have needed to be dropped, Gibson in your eyes shouldn't be picked because of one game yet Cork Westwood Mee and Tarks to name a few who have gone on long spells (Cork for about a full season) without playing well still get picked.......Proves my point the starting xI picks itself under Dyche regardless of performance, there is no challenge, the first xl is the first xl week in week out.

Going off the one game against Sunderland in the cup is the reason Gibson doesn't get in the team I would say using that for a guide and going off the ratings from the fan's for that game from this board then Bardsley Taylor Hendrick McNeil And Rodriguez shouldn't be picked also because they on average scored the same or lower than Gibson that night.

Dyche paid around 30 million for Gibson and Vydra after so called scouting them but after throwing them in for a few minutes in the odd cup games with no chance of getting a run in the team to bed in they all of a sudden not good enough for Burnley, money and big money at that for Burnley has been spent on player's yet they are bench warmers with no chance of removing the first team xl even when they have long runs of average game's there is no challenge. In some game's the bench value is bigger than the eleven on the pitch.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Dodobdobodobo
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:31 am

Not a great fan of Brady’s. Since he got the bad injury he’s not been the player he was.
Saying that I think we need to keep him for another 12 months for the simple reason that we’ll get nothing for him and he’ll cost too much to replace. Keep for me!

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:39 am
Ha ha ha ha Gibson never to start because of ONE game against league one Sunderland and you say to me get real.

That one stupid sentence says it all about you, I think Mr Dyche must think the same way, over the last two season's player's have needed to be dropped, Gibson in your eyes shouldn't be picked because of one game yet Cork Westwood Mee and Tarks to name a few who have gone on long spells (Cork for about a full season) without playing well still get picked.......Proves my point the starting xI picks itself under Dyche regardless of performance, there is no challenge, the first xl is the first xl week in week out.

Going off the one game against Sunderland in the cup is the reason Gibson doesn't get in the team I would say using that for a guide and going off the ratings from the fan's for that game from this board then Bardsley Taylor Hendrick McNeil And Rodriguez shouldn't be picked also because they on average scored the same or lower than Gibson that night.

Dyche paid around 30 million for Gibson and Vydra after so called scouting them but after throwing them in for a few minutes in the odd cup games with no chance of getting a run in the team to bed in they all of a sudden not good enough for Burnley, money and big money at that for Burnley has been spent on player's yet they are bench warmers with no chance of removing the first team xl even when they have long runs of average game's there is no challenge. In some game's the bench value is bigger than the eleven on the pitch.
That's one example.

He's played 6 games for us, we conceded 5 goals in two of them, 3 to a league one side in another and he was sent off in another.

Yeah... He's really earned a chance to start over Mee and Tarks, who are both generally consistent over a season.

Gibson has had chances and been dire at every opportunity.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Dodobdobodobo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:31 am
Not a great fan of Brady’s. Since he got the bad injury he’s not been the player he was.
Saying that I think we need to keep him for another 12 months for the simple reason that we’ll get nothing for him and he’ll cost too much to replace. Keep for me!
And, keeping him for the sake of it, will cost us about £1.5 to £2m in wages for the extra year
Then he goes for nothing :roll:

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1567 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:50 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 pm
That's one example.

He's played 6 games for us, we conceded 5 goals in two of them, 3 to a league one side in another and he was sent off in another.

Yeah... He's really earned a chance to start over Mee and Tarks, who are both generally consistent over a season.

Gibson has had chances and been dire at every opportunity.
He’s missed several more opportunities too by being injured or having a niggle. Norwich in cup and when mee’s (and the teams) form dipped.

Hugely unlucky that Mee hasn’t been suspended or injured in nearly two years but we’d be glad if he was required for a spell, good signing and one we’d not lose too much cash on should we sell in the summer.

Vydra just hasn’t shown enough in his brief chances, if he’s not on it in training too he’ll never rightly get selected. We’ll also get a chunk of change for him in the summer when he moves on.

Sick of the ‘splinters in their arse’ whingers, I’d back Dyche to know best.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1567 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:58 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 pm
And, keeping him for the sake of it, will cost us about £1.5 to £2m in wages for the extra year
No, enforce the 12 month extension so we can sell him for more this summer/next winter then he won’t leave for free.

dsr
Been Liked: 4571 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39 pm
I checked again on one site it says 2022 and on other two it says 2020 but we can extend to 2021, so we can get a fee for him

When you look at Westwood Brady Hart Hendrick Defour thats around 35/40 million that can/have walked for free just to name a few :o
Westwood and Brady have 18 months left on their contracts, so to start getting upset about them leaving on a free transfer is more than a little premature. And Defour left on a free precisely because he had no transfer value. Nobody wanted to pay big money for a talented but injury prone player who was widely expected (correctly) to be injured again. For Antwerp this season, he has played 7 games but with total playing time of just over 4 and a half.

Dodobdobodobo
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:25 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 pm
if he goes we will have to pay something like 5 million plus for a decent replacement.
Let’s try and get him odd games and bump his value up so we at least get something for him during the season.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:55 pm

With our limitations, yes I think a clearout is inevitable. Someone mentioned yesterday that we'd had an offer of £15 mill for Gibson which we turned down, this was news to me. I know a couple of clubs wanted him on loan but didn't Dyche say unless we we had a replacement in place first he would not allow it. Does any of that ring true to the people in the know. If it was true I'd be suprised if the Chairman hadn't overuled Dyche and grabed the money. Probably hearsay but wondered if anyone else had heard that.