Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:28 pm
You've spent a long time misunderstanding and lying about it for someone who doesn't deal in it.
Misunderstanding is easy when you have something unknown like this virus but I've never knowingly told a lie since I was a kid.

You are way out of order.

cdgoodwill
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cdgoodwill » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

Now Arteta & Dybala have it.

The season's over guys, absolutely no chance it gets past tomorrow. Hardly fair for one team to have a manager fit and another to not, one team to have a fully fit squad and the other to have 3 potentially key players ill.

Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 pm
Rumour was related to papal Pope
So far as I'm aware, he hasn't got it either. So why did you say Nick Pope?

dsr
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 1292 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm

cdgoodwill wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Now Arteta & Dybala have it.

The season's over guys, absolutely no chance it gets past tomorrow. Hardly fair for one team to have a manager fit and another to not, one team to have a fully fit squad and the other to have 3 potentially key players ill.
They don't cancel matches because a team has star players out and a manager who isn't fit to manage. If they did, Tottenham's season would have finished a month ago!
These 2 users liked this post: thatdberight Zlatan

thelaughingclaret
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Been Liked: 188 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thelaughingclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm
They don't cancel matches because a team has star players out and a manager who isn't fit to manage. If they did, Tottenham's season would have finished a month ago!
If you look at what has happened to football in Europe over the last week things have changed and now they certainly do.

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm
They don't cancel matches because a team has star players out and a manager who isn't fit to manage. If they did, Tottenham's season would have finished a month ago!
But you can’t catch a broken ankle.

dsr
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 1292 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 pm
ITALY: lockdown
CHINA: lockdown
DENMARK: lockdown
NORWAY: lockdown
IRELAND: close all schools, cancel mass gatherings
USA: close schools, ban all european flights

BORIS JOHNSON: "Right. Some of you are going to die. NHS are a bit busy, shite happens. OH, and don't forget the happy birthday hand-washing thing. Good luck."
I take it that you're making the point that people won't die in those other countries? How do you know?

dsr
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 1292 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm
But you can’t catch a broken ankle.
They might cancel matches because one side has been in contact with a virus, that's a different matter. But they won't cancel just because a manager or a small number of players are unavailable in the short term.

cdgoodwill
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cdgoodwill » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm
They don't cancel matches because a team has star players out and a manager who isn't fit to manage. If they did, Tottenham's season would have finished a month ago!
Can't play a football match if your entire team is in quarantine because your manager has Coronavirus!

The fact is, all these tests aren't actually telling us the true number of cases, they are telling the number of cases from a week ago. Who knows how many people Arteta could have infected in the week between getting the virus and being tested for it? Potentially the entire Arsenal team.

ksrclaret
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 pm

cdgoodwill wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm
Can't play a football match if your entire team is in quarantine because your manager has Coronavirus!

The fact is, all these tests aren't actually telling us the true number of cases, they are telling the number of cases from a week ago. Who knows how many people Arteta could have infected in the week between getting the virus and being tested for it? Potentially the entire Arsenal team.
Didn’t the entire arsenal team test negatively for the virus today?

Edit - just seems they weren’t tested full stop. My mistake

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3769
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 731 times
Has Liked: 1575 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:07 pm
Just out of interest.....
Does anyone on here believe they won't get it?
I fully expect to get it, I've interacted with numerous people who work in/around Oxford's main hospital.

Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Well, I really can't see how the football season can continue now. Clearly there will be a lot of isolation, or worse going on at Arsenal now. So their game will definitely be called off and as a lot of players from different teams often socialise together, no doubt there will be others who need to isolate as well.

A lot of little clubs are going to go bust.

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm
I fully expect to get it, I've interacted with numerous people who work in/around Oxford's main hospital.
Expect a lot of us will get it. But think most of us will be fine. Just worry about the most vulnerable.
These 3 users liked this post: paulatky GodIsADeeJay81 Zlatan

paulatky
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 pm
So far as I'm aware, he hasn't got it either. So why did you say Nick Pope?
Where did I say Nick Pope you are paranoid

Bfcboyo
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 369 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:48 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 pm
Arteta tests positive.
Apparently a friends uncle who sits in Bob lord has been confirmed. I'm just waiting on 100% bit of a worry as I had a pint with him in park view before game last Saturday

Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:48 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:10 pm
How many humans were killed by the Anthrax experiment ?
None yet, but that's not the point. You don't think bombing an island with anthrax then abondoning it for years, isn't totally reckless. Even when they eventually cleaned it up, it was only because of outside pressure.

I'm sure that you think being British means that we're squeaky clean, but we're not.
Last edited by Gordaleman on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdgoodwill
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cdgoodwill » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Arsenal game off: https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/sta ... 9596017666 (according to The Mirror)

Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:45 pm
Where did I say Nick Pope you are paranoid
I apologise. It was pushpinpussy who started the thread and said it was Nick Pope.

However, making a genuine mistake is not being paranoid.
Last edited by Gordaleman on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Zlatan

cdgoodwill
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cdgoodwill » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Emergency meeting to be held tomorrow morning with the clubs. I feel the postponement may be imminent.

Gordaleman
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 223 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 pm

cdgoodwill wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm
Emergency meeting to be held tomorrow morning with the clubs. I feel the postponement may be imminent.
Surely the whole PL has to be stopped. How many of these players from different clubs socialse together? Never mind that whole teams train together. Obviously, if one gets it, they are all at risk.

Zlatan
Posts: 1306
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 1017 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Zlatan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 pm

I’d argue the sooner they all get it and recover the better

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 pm
I’d argue the sooner they all get it and recover the better
I’ve said similar. So you think the same... but only based on very limited knowledge. once they’ve had it and it’s weaned off they will be fine? Why not more serious than that? Genuine question from someone who isn’t too clued up on viruses. My understanding was that you can’t kill or get shut of it...

Does it just die off itself? Are you then immune?

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:19 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 pm
I’ve said similar. So you think the same... but only based on very limited knowledge. once they’ve had it and it’s weaned off they will be fine? Why not more serious than that? Genuine question from someone who isn’t too clued up on viruses. My understanding was that you can’t kill or get shut of it...

Does it just die off itself? Are you then immune?
We don't know the answers to some of these questions because it's so new but there's nothing in any science or what we've seen so far to suggest it won't be like flu for most people.

You catch it, you're ill, you recover, you are immune. Viruses are constantly mutating (which can make them less harmful as well as more) so you may not have immunity or full immunity to all variants that come back.
This user liked this post: dsr

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:19 pm
We don't know the answers to some of these questions because it's so new but there's nothing in any science or what we've seen so far to suggest it won't be like flu for most people.

You catch it, you're ill, you recover, you are immune. Viruses are constantly mutating (which can make them less harmful as well as more) so you may not have immunity or full immunity to all variants that come back.
Let’s hope so.

I think most of us will be fine. But worry about the vulnerable. Pensioners. Babies. Children. The sick. Etc.

We only get one shot.

Leisure
Posts: 9358
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1504 times
Has Liked: 4805 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leisure » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm

The Flashscore App. is already showing the Brighton v Arsenal game as being postponed. Just confirmed on Sky.
Last edited by Leisure on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm
Let’s hope so.

I think most of us will be fine. But worry about the vulnerable. Pensioners. Babies. Children. The sick. Etc.

We only get one shot.
Everything we've seen so far suggests babies and children are in the lowest risk categories. I haven't seen that explained (and probably wouldn't understand it if it was) but it's a fact. Older people and the sick are at much higher risk, sadly. So let's hope for both medical progress and that the steps taken are successful.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:19 pm
We don't know the answers to some of these questions because it's so new but there's nothing in any science or what we've seen so far to suggest it won't be like flu for most people.

You catch it, you're ill, you recover, you are immune. Viruses are constantly mutating (which can make them less harmful as well as more) so you may not have immunity or full immunity to all variants that come back.
“We’ve seen so far to suggest it won’t be like flu for most people” I can’t recall any country’s having lockdowns over flu & stopping flights & all the preventive measures in place, if it’s like the flu the experts & authorities aren’t treating it like flu at all, anything but, I’d suggest it’s far more potent than flu the only reason the numbers are so much lower it’s because it’s not being doing the rounds for as long as flu.
This user liked this post: paulatky

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:29 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm
Everything we've seen so far suggests babies and children are in the lowest risk categories. I haven't seen that explained (and probably wouldn't understand it if it was) but it's a fact. Older people and the sick are at much higher risk, sadly. So let's hope for both medical progress and that the steps taken are successful.
I had read that about little ones but wasnt sure how or why. Naturally as a father to a little one its your primary worry.

But grandfather in law has emphysema and it’s those like him I worry for most.
These 2 users liked this post: thatdberight paulatky

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm
“We’ve seen so far to suggest it won’t be like flu for most people” I can’t recall any country’s having lockdowns over flu & stopping flights & all the preventive measures in place, if it’s like the flu the experts & authorities aren’t treating it like flu at all, anything but, I’d suggest it’s far more potent than flu the only reason the numbers are so much lower it’s because it’s not being doing the rounds for as long as flu.
Haven’t most recovered and been given the all clear. Or have I misunderstood that?

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:34 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:31 pm
Haven’t most recovered and been given the all clear. Or have I misunderstood that?
Some have, some haven’t,some are still in the process of recovering, thousands yet to be diagnosed flip a coin heads or tails how they’ll get on, depending on the age & what else is troubling them.
This user liked this post: paulatky

deanothedino
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am
Been Liked: 655 times
Has Liked: 236 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by deanothedino » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm
“We’ve seen so far to suggest it won’t be like flu for most people” I can’t recall any country’s having lockdowns over flu & stopping flights & all the preventive measures in place, if it’s like the flu the experts & authorities aren’t treating it like flu at all, anything but, I’d suggest it’s far more potent than flu the only reason the numbers are so much lower it’s because it’s not being doing the rounds for as long as flu.
It is like flu for most people, a mild illness. However, for some other people (mainly those with underlying conditions) it will be much worse and kill them. Currently the evidence is it has a higher death rate than flu, and spreads fast, hence the measures being taken.

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm
“We’ve seen so far to suggest it won’t be like flu for most people” I can’t recall any country’s having lockdowns over flu & stopping flights & all the preventive measures in place, if it’s like the flu the experts & authorities aren’t treating it like flu at all, anything but, I’d suggest it’s far more potent than flu the only reason the numbers are so much lower it’s because it’s not being doing the rounds for as long as flu.
I clarified exactly what I meant by that in the next sentence.

I'm surprised you get a signal in your bunker ten foot underground.

paulatky
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Arsensl’s game v Brighton now called off

Bin Ont Turf
Posts: 9101
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am
Been Liked: 4317 times
Has Liked: 522 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 pm
Arsensl’s game v Brighton now called off
Soft southern puffs.
These 2 users liked this post: addisclaret tim_noone

dsr
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 1292 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm
“We’ve seen so far to suggest it won’t be like flu for most people” I can’t recall any country’s having lockdowns over flu & stopping flights & all the preventive measures in place, if it’s like the flu the experts & authorities aren’t treating it like flu at all, anything but, I’d suggest it’s far more potent than flu the only reason the numbers are so much lower it’s because it’s not being doing the rounds for as long as flu.
I think you're misunderstanding the point. I take it to mean that for most people, they get the virus, they feel ill, they get better without hospital treatment - just like flu. A person by person viewpoint, not a global viewpoint.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:39 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 pm
It is like flu for most people, a mild illness. However, for some other people (mainly those with underlying conditions) it will be much worse and kill them. Currently the evidence is it has a higher death rate than flu, and spreads fast, hence the measures being taken.
That’s not far off how I see it, flies in the face of people stating flu is more dangerous just because the numbers historically are higher, flus been around for donkeys we know where we are with it.

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:40 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:31 pm
Haven’t most recovered and been given the all clear. Or have I misunderstood that?
Of all worldwide cases so far (of course accurate reporting is an issue but let's accept the sum as broadly reliable) about 50% are recovered, 43% still affected but not serious, 4% seriously ill, 3% dead.

paulatky
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 pm

With the number of high people testing positive compared to the total declared numbers of positives it is very high,suggesting the the total
number with it is probably in the hundred thousands

Wile E Coyote
Posts: 6575
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm
Been Liked: 2085 times
Has Liked: 1242 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm

must be time for china to make changes , their fixation for eating ***** is at the root cause of this .
If they persist , then once we get to grips with coronavirus, china will doubtless produce another previously unheard of virus, and the whole thing will start afresh.
This user liked this post: Leisure

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:45 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 pm
With the number of high people testing positive compared to the total declared numbers of positives it is very high,suggesting the the total
number with it is probably in the hundred thousands
I think as someone above posted likelihood is that high profile people will more than likely actually be more at risk of catching it.

They are travelling more. Coming into contact with more people more often.

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:46 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm
must be time for china to make changes , their fixation for eating ***** is at the root cause of this .
If they persist , then once we get to grips with coronavirus, china will doubtless produce another previously unheard of virus, and the whole thing will start afresh.
Have to agree.

Said before. In the nicest possible way. The eating habits and hygiene is at best questionable. And that’s here never mind there!
This user liked this post: Leisure

paulatky
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 pm
I apologise. It was pushpinpussy who started the thread and said it was Nick Pope.

However, making a genuine mistake is not being paranoid.
You seem to question everything I say.
To me thats paranoid

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:49 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 pm
With the number of high people testing positive compared to the total declared numbers of positives it is very high,suggesting the the total
number with it is probably in the hundred thousands
That probably made sense as a sentence somewhere in your head.

Leisure
Posts: 9358
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1504 times
Has Liked: 4805 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leisure » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm
must be time for china to make changes , their fixation for eating ***** is at the root cause of this .
If they persist , then once we get to grips with coronavirus, china will doubtless produce another previously unheard of virus, and the whole thing will start afresh.
They appear to want to eat the whole animal world to extinction. I haven't come across a species that they don't eat!And don't get me going on their craving for rhino horn etc!
Last edited by Leisure on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:53 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 pm
You seem to question everything I say.
To me thats paranoid
So far we’ve been bang on the money, go back to the earlier pages on this thread & it was no more than a sniffle, right now here we are, it’s a pandemic with a death toll running into the thousands maybe millions by the time it’s finishes if it does ever finish.
This user liked this post: paulatky

Bfcboyo
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 369 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 pm

If the mother in law dies she dies. We move on move forwards and concentrate on the next issue.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Leisure

dsr
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 1292 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:57 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm
Everything we've seen so far suggests babies and children are in the lowest risk categories. I haven't seen that explained (and probably wouldn't understand it if it was) but it's a fact. Older people and the sick are at much higher risk, sadly. So let's hope for both medical progress and that the steps taken are successful.
According to latest stats, not a single child under 10, anywhere in the world, has died of this virus.
Up to 50 years old, the worst odds are 1 in 250 cases dying.
50-60, it's 1.3% chance of dying, then 3.6% in the sixties, 8% in the seventies, 14.8% at 80+.

But also, less than 1% of people with no pre-existing condition have died. This isn't split by age, so we don't know if these are all old people or not.

Of course, the incidence of pre-existing conditions is closely related to age anyway, so we don't know if the crucial factor is age, condition, or both. Not from this data anyway.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/
This user liked this post: thatdberight

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18305
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7034 times
Has Liked: 9866 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:21 am

dsr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:57 pm
According to latest stats, not a single child under 10, anywhere in the world, has died of this virus.
Up to 50 years old, the worst odds are 1 in 250 cases dying.
50-60, it's 1.3% chance of dying, then 3.6% in the sixties, 8% in the seventies, 14.8% at 80+.

But also, less than 1% of people with no pre-existing condition have died. This isn't split by age, so we don't know if these are all old people or not.

Of course, the incidence of pre-existing conditions is closely related to age anyway, so we don't know if the crucial factor is age, condition, or both. Not from this data anyway.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/
Interesting stuff thanks.

Wile E Coyote
Posts: 6575
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm
Been Liked: 2085 times
Has Liked: 1242 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:50 pm
They appear to want to eat the whole animal world to extinction. I haven't come across a species that they don't eat!And don't get me going on their craving for rhino horn etc!
they are strutting their stuff now about how effective their strategy worked for keeping the cases down and preventing a contagion, but in reality, they were inevitably more than a little sluggish in alerting the global community to save face, and now look where we all are. recently economic masterclass, but behind the scenes, backward and severely unhygienic, with no perception of cross species disease and the catastrophic consequence.
This user liked this post: Leisure

HunterST_BFC
Posts: 2048
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm
Been Liked: 866 times
Has Liked: 1730 times
Location: varied

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HunterST_BFC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:33 am

For anyone who wants a half hour read.
Much is explained
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

Post Reply