Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 am

Vintage Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 am
Tim, Burnley, Tod Road
Burnley you say..theres a surprise I believe Tescos had a hit yesterday. Often used phrases that spring to mind during times of "possible" crisis. Stiff upper Lip are definitely of times gone by. And southern softies? Mmm... ok. "Burnley the Place to Be"
This user liked this post: Spijed

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 am

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 am
But the average person is as thick as pigshit.

The inability of people to take in information or, having been given information, to seek out alternative, non- credible information and then claim there's some doubt is endless.
Can’t argue with that . Social media is really whipping things into a huge frenzy , cant even imagine what supermarkets will be like today. The irony of the off used /repeated/cliches “ keep calm and carry on” ...

Goalposts
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:43 am

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:45 am

If he ever stooped that low, it would be World War 3. Everybody vs the US.

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 am

being reported in the german newspaper equivalent of the times and guardian also, so not bullshit rags of which germany has a few

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:48 am

The thing I cant help keep thinking is if we knew the true numbers. Ie there were actually 10 or 20,000 infected. Or more. Which isn’t beyond the realms of possibility given what was said and done about not everyone getting tested, would the pandemonium and panic be as great as it is?

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:52 am

your top end number is closer to the truth... the debate the govt is having currently is whether to shut schools before Easter ..ideally they want to get to Easter, after that schools will not reopen, were probably two weeks away from following the complete shutdown of france and spain

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 am

paulatky wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 am
Gordaleman , how many deaths are you predicting from Coronavirus in 2020 in UK
I'm certainly not predicting a number but I doubt that it will get as bad as Flu does every year.

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:57 am

lots of food companies are also reducing there range of products this week in an effort to ease the expected logistics and supply issues that will arise in the weeks ahead, so much of food is distributed in this country by artic drivers who tend to be of an age that there is a concern that we could lose up to 30% of drivers, this is the same for supermarkets who distribute from mega warehouses

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 am
I'm certainly not predicting a number but I doubt that it will get as bad as Flu does every year.
Flu does not come even close in regards to this..you are way of beam on that.

sadly the fake news that came out early on by people saying this is no worse than flu has done a lot of damage and mislead a lot of people into thinking this is not as serious as it is

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 am

Goalposts wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:52 am
your top end number is closer to the truth... the debate the govt is having currently is whether to shut schools before Easter ..ideally they want to get to Easter, after that schools will not reopen, were probably two weeks away from following the complete shutdown of france and spain
Therein is the problem then possibly?

20 people in this country have died out of 2,000 cases. 20 too many but that brings the figure to 1%. About where they were predicting. And all are over 70 and most over 80.

So if the real figures are 20,000 people infected and clearly the large portion of them are generally well. Not their usual self. Bit off. But generally well. The actual numbers are already 0.1% death toll. Again that’s too high. BUT is it really as bad as is being made out?

Obviously the numbers vary from country to country. And Italy looks shocking. But the same may apply. Many have it but aren’t showing symptoms?
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan Quicknick tiger76

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 am

Reading a bit from Nadine Dorries (62) this morning - partisan politics take a back seat for a bit - about her illness.

Quite interesting, sounded like flu minus the snot but with more coughing - somewhere between mild and severe coronavirus apparently. Feeling better now. She gave it to her mum who's 84 and was a bit poorly for a couple of days but also feels better now.

Tempting to score political points but still, good to hear.
These 2 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney bfcjg

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:10 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 am
Therein is the problem then possibly?

20 people in this country have died out of 2,000 cases. 20 too many but that brings the figure to 1%. About where they were predicting. And all are over 70 and most over 80.

So if the real figures are 20,000 people infected and clearly the large portion of them are generally well. Not their usual self. Bit off. But generally well. The actual numbers are already 0.1% death toll. Again that’s too high. BUT is it really as bad as is being made out?

Obviously the numbers vary from country to country. And Italy looks shocking. But the same may apply. Many have it but aren’t showing symptoms?
May I suggest people keeping off the Forum for a while myself included. To much anxiety and fear being promoted by the media in General.no news is good news.

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:10 am

your numbers are correct, but if you look at it for people over 70 that have been diagnosed with the virus and then look at the recovery the death rate jumps up massively. it does not effect the young as much so that pulls the % down the death rate is closer to 20% for over 70's once all the ventilators are used within the NHS that will jumps up again, thats partly why there trying to manage the curve for want of a better expression.

that 20% to be fair is numbers that the italian health authorities shared and may be different here, but is the number the govt is working with currently

they may publish the rate for the elderly, when they want them to self isolate and take it seriously

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:13 am

Goalposts wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 am

sadly the fake news that came out early on by people saying this is no worse than flu has done a lot of damage and mislead a lot of people into thinking this is not as serious as it is
Then I presume that you are not aware that Flu kills an average 650,000 people EVERY year, including up to 10,000 in the UK? Flu is the seventh deadliest disease on the planet.

https://www.livescience.com/56598-deadl ... earth.html

I have never said that Covid 19 isn't serious, but it has a lot of catching up to do.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am

for information two supermarkets are considering prioritising home deliverys for the over 60's. that may become fact within the next two weeks , which makes sense to me , there trying to get all supermarkets to agree to this.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:18 am

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:10 am
May I suggest people keeping off the Forum for a while myself included. To much anxiety and fear being promoted by the media in General.no news is good news.
I agree

Goalposts

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:24 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:13 am
Then I presume that you are not aware that Flu kills an average 650,000 people EVERY year, including up to 10,000 in the UK? Flu is the seventh deadliest disease on the planet.

https://www.livescience.com/56598-deadl ... earth.html

I have never said that Covid 19 isn't serious, but it has a lot of catching up to do.
yes and currently covid 19 is 11th the diffference is the way it is transmitted, covid 19 has a far higher infection rate and therefore the potential to do far greater damage. im fully aware of all the figures. Im also fully aware of the potential for Covid 19 to mutate , now that can go either way of course and some of the biggest concerns that occupy virologists minds at this moment is that we may get a cure that could become redundant very quickly. because of its transmission also until you get herd immunity or a vaccine this virus is here to stay ..it will not go away so over time it's impact will be massive.

for clarity we have herd immunity on rubella , mumps measles etc.. those diseases used to kill in the 1000, hence why health officials get irked when people choose not to immunise as it weakens the defences of society

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:18 am
I agree
Me too. The media making it worse especially the panic and hysteria. They love a good story.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am

Goalposts wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 am

The symptoms, effects and death rates are very similar to flu, only because it is a new virus it is going to be far more contractable than flu.
I've still not heard anything to panic about. When healthy 30 to 40 year olds, or children start dying, then there is a reason to panic.
There is a very small demographic of people who are at risk of death, and so long as we isolate them, and use common sense around that demographic, then we will get through this with very little impact, certainly no worse than flu or pneumonia.
The biggest problem is conveying this message to the public without having a massive knee jerk reaction, whipped up by the media and the look at me experts.
I've just been to the local Tesco, heaving as usual on a Sunday morning, but no panic buying going on. Thank God.

I'm aware a lot of users on this board fall into that at risk demographic, so take care of yourselves out there.
These 2 users liked this post: Gordaleman tiger76

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am
The symptoms, effects and death rates are very similar to flu, only because it is a new virus it is going to be far more contractable than flu.
Therein lies the issue to high risk groups. As they are more likely to get the virus then more will sadly die.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:37 am

Goalposts wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:24 am
yes and currently covid 19 is 11th the diffference is the way it is transmitted, covid 19 has a far higher infection rate and therefore the potential to do far greater damage. im fully aware of all the figures. Im also fully aware of the potential for Covid 19 to mutate , now that can go either way of course and some of the biggest concerns that occupy virologists minds at this moment is that we may get a cure that could become redundant very quickly. because of its transmission also until you get herd immunity or a vaccine this virus is here to stay ..it will not go away so over time it's impact will be massive.

for clarity we have herd immunity on rubella , mumps measles etc.. those diseases used to kill in the 1000, hence why health officials get irked when people choose not to immunise as it weakens the defences of society
Flu mutates nearly every year, but it doesn't change hugely. Therefore, we are able keep up with it for the most part, but it still kills huge numbers, even with a vaccine. What scares scientists and virologists is if Bird Flu mutates into the human population. That would be Flu at a whole new level.

As for Covid 19. So far it has killed less than 5,000 world wide. It's potential is as yet unknown as it may suddenly disappear just like SARS did. It could also stick around and mutate like Flu. No one knows. At the moment, it's a long way behind Flu though.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:04 pm

paulatky wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am
Can you explain what you mean by fine
Later (or hopefully sooner) it will blow over. And as a guy in the supply chain business pointed out this morning on TV there is absolutely loads of stuff out there, in the chain whether it be toilet rolls or anything else and NOBODY will ever go short, but panic buying of random items simply makes it look like we will!
As for schools closing: You have to keep in mind that closing schools will not "isolate" the pupils. Most will need to be looked after somewhere by someone (who may then have to take time off work to do it) and the older pupils will simply wander the streets and town centres and meet their mates. So actually defeating the object. It sounds like a decent idea in theory, but imo it would be more of "PR" (we're acting and taking it seriously) idea than something that will actually make much difference. The best idea I've heard recently is to (self) isolate the elderly and those who are vulnerable to this thing because of their underlying conditions and then friends, family, neighbours etc, make sure they are getting food and all essentials and are ok. We are constantly told that fit, healthy, younger (under 70?) people can pretty much just carry on and may well never contract it or show any symptoms.
These 3 users liked this post: Gordaleman tiger76 Colburn_Claret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:14 pm

I would strongly suspect that as this has been around for several months now, pretty much everyone in this country has been close to or "exposed" to someone who has been carrying it. Whether that's at the supermarket, school, the street, cafes, pubs or football matches etc. And that happened way before it became this "serious" and it's still going on. This thing is floating around out there and that 99.9% of us MUST have come across it by now and don't even know it!

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:14 pm
I would strongly suspect that as this has been around for several months now, pretty much everyone in this country has been close to or "exposed" to someone who has been carrying it. Whether that's at the supermarket, school, the street, cafes, pubs or football matches etc. And that happened way before it became this "serious" and it's still going on. This thing is floating around out there and that 99.9% of us MUST have come across it by now and don't even know it!
No.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:35 pm

I'm currently watching this morning's Andrew Marr show on i player. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... w-15032020 (I was still in bed when it was broadcast live.) In it, Andrew speaks at length with South Korea's Foreign Minister. (19 minutes into the show.) Well worth a watch.

Korea had a peak of 900 new cases a day in February, but since then the figures have been falling and are now around 70. As the Foreign Minister says, they are not complacent, but they appear to be over the worst.

There's hope for everyone.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Just read the article about Trump trying to bribe the German company to manufacture the vaccine exclusively for America, without wishing to get political anyone who thinks that man would look after UK interests in a trans Atlantic trade deal really need a reality check.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:02 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 pm
Just read the article about Trump trying to bribe the German company to manufacture the vaccine exclusively for America, without wishing to get political anyone who thinks that man would look after UK interests in a trans Atlantic trade deal really need a reality check.
Where was that? Link please. Nothing that idiot does would surprise me.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:06 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Whereas Matt Hancock was on today offering to buy all the ventilators he could but saying that for every two we bought, one would be immediately shipped to sub-Saharan Africa to help the world's poorest cope with this pandemic? Did I miss that bit where we showed some level of altruism greater than Trump's?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am
Therein lies the issue to high risk groups. As they are more likely to get the virus then more will sadly die.
That is why we should be protecting the high risk groups.
School children aren't high risk, so what is the point of closing schools. Footballers are fit and healthy, so what is the point of stopping football. Is it more likely to catch a cold at Darlo yesterday than at the Etihad. Live life as normal, if you contract it isolate yourself, but just make sure that the at high risk people are extra protected. They should avoid large gatherings, they should avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms, they should have friends and family doing as much as they can in order to avoid over exposure, but shutting the country down isn't necessary and in the long term would just drag the situation out on an even longer time scale. The longer it goes on the worse it will be for the vulnerable, not how prevalent it is.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Anything is possible with the USA but isn’t this sort of thing likely happening anyway with most govts? Ie trying to get 1st dibs on any vaccine !

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:35 pm
I'm currently watching this morning's Andrew Marr show on i player. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... w-15032020 (I was still in bed when it was broadcast live.) In it, Andrew speaks at length with South Korea's Foreign Minister. (19 minutes into the show.) Well worth a watch.

Korea had a peak of 900 new cases a day in February, but since then the figures have been falling and are now around 70. As the Foreign Minister says, they are not complacent, but they appear to be over the worst.

There's hope for everyone.
I posted the other day that we should be increasing testing massively.

Interestingly South Korea have tested 265,000 people, what have we done 36,000 ish?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:29 pm
That is why we should be protecting the high risk groups.
School children aren't high risk, so what is the point of closing schools. Footballers are fit and healthy, so what is the point of stopping football. Is it more likely to catch a cold at Darlo yesterday than at the Etihad. Live life as normal, if you contract it isolate yourself, but just make sure that the at high risk people are extra protected. They should avoid large gatherings, they should avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms, they should have friends and family doing as much as they can in order to avoid over exposure, but shutting the country down isn't necessary and in the long term would just drag the situation out on an even longer time scale. The longer it goes on the worse it will be for the vulnerable, not how prevalent it is.
Exactly this. That's not to say the cases wouldn't still be a burden on the NHS - being young is not a guarantee that the effects won't be serious (although the younger you are it gets pretty damned close).

All of under 60?/70? in good health should be out getting the virus, with those at risk self-isolating. Once we've all got over it, we should gradually release the at risk groups from what will be a very unwelcome and boring isolation to hopefully allow the NHS to cope.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:38 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm
Anything is possible with the USA but isn’t this sort of thing likely happening anyway with most govts? Ie trying to get 1st dibs on any vaccine !
There is a difference between "I st dibs." and bribing the manufacturers. Anyway the person who posted this story is yet to supply a link and verify it.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:43 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm
There's no "bribery" (in its proper use of the word) going on. You're right. This is just a country using its financial muscle to try and achieve best outcomes for its people in a scarce resource situation. Just like we're doing by buying up any ventilators we can.

The details of the story are easy to google.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm

I have just got off the phone to my mother, 76.
Her best friends have a 30 yr old daughter who has been sent home from work, hospital in Bolton, she is a nurse.

She is showing symptoms but they are not going to test her. How mad is that, her mum and dad look after her daughter whilst she is at work. Paul has copd and has been out of hospital about 6 weeks after a massive op to remove an aneurysm on his aorta.

Two reason I think that’s madness.
One her dad.
Two of she has it and recovers she should then be immune and able to work at hospital unhindered knowing she cannot infect people. Maybe she just has seasonal flu, surely it’s better to know she has it.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:02 pm
Where was that? Link please. Nothing that idiot does would surprise me.
Its come from an unnamed "government source" in Germany, as per usual, so it could be utter garbage or completely true.
How someone views it will depend on their political persuasion I suppose.

https://m.dw.com/en/germany-and-us-wres ... a-52777990

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:47 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:43 pm
There's no "bribery" (in its proper use of the word) going on. You're right. This is just a country using its financial muscle to try and achieve best outcomes for its people in a scarce resource situation. Just like we're doing by buying up any ventilators we can.

The details of the story are easy to google.
Sounds like South Korea is the place to buy test kits, they seemed to have nailed producing that.
They are testing 20,000 a day.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Well, the Czechs have closed the pubs.

Rumours that the country will go into full quarantine (only allowed out to purchase food and/or go to work) after a press conference at 6pm tonight

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Martial law...

Still can’t help thinking that this is all some kind of ruse, a slight of hand for some reason...

I need to stop watching conspiracy type films
Last edited by Zlatan on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 pm
Its come from an unnamed "government source" in Germany, as per usual, so it could be utter garbage or completely true.

A German Health Ministry spokesman has gone on the record confirming the report in "Die Welt"

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm
Martial law...
Rashford Charlton...
This user liked this post: Zlatan

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm
Martial law...

Still can’t help thinking that this is all some kind of ruse, a slight of hand for some reason...

I need to stop watching conspiracy type films
It's not martial law while a civilian government is in charge. Troops simply aid the government in times of crisis.

Now 'Children of Men', there's a film!

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:58 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:56 pm
It's not martial law while a civilian government is in charge. Troops simply aid the government in times of crisis.

Now 'Children of Men', there's a film!
I know it’s not when it’s civilian government, only takes a bit of stupidity and it will be - that said, it’s essentially the same outcome for everyone.

Not seen that film, I’ll put it on my watchlist, ta

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 pm

A bit like this story. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01 ... ibery-laws

Funny though how often Trump appears to be involved in shady stuff.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Mar09.jpg
Mar09.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting simple paracetamol anywhere? Looks like that’s the next list item to be off the shelves...

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 pm

I read this today, let’s hope this is the start of some positive news.
As I said before if people are dying then we should ask them to try new drugs, this could speed up bringing help to us all.
I know I would be the first in a queue if I thought my days were up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ients.html

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:10 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 am
Can’t argue with that . Social media is really whipping things into a huge frenzy , cant even imagine what supermarkets will be like today. The irony of the off used /repeated/cliches “ keep calm and carry on” ...
My supermarket starting to look like it was hit quite badly. Loo roll all gone, many other similar products quite low, no pasta, little flour or rice, cleaning products low. Mostly halfwits who couldn't spell Armourgeddin but are sure it's coming. But still, for a few quid, I could have picked up enough non-perishable food to feed a family of four for a year. I'm not sure I'd ever want to see another sardine afterwards - but still, we'd be alive.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 pm
Anyone else having trouble getting simple paracetamol anywhere? Looks like that’s the next list item to be off the shelves...
I got some yesterday and was told lots of ppl are buying it.