Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat May 23, 2020 1:21 pm

He’s just said to reporters ‘Who cares about looking good?’. He probably said that every day before this to be fair.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Apparently he had a go at some journos for not standing 2m apart.

There is no end to which some people in this country will willingly have the p1ss taken out of them by the people who they believe to be 'on their side'.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat May 23, 2020 1:27 pm

The government with this utter horrible nonsense they are now putting out are completely undermining the vital public health message about a pandemic that has killed 55k people just to protect one man.

Tories gonna Tory.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 1:31 pm

If only the Tory govt had been as quick off the mark to protect people in care homes as they have been to protect Dominic Cummings.
These 3 users liked this post: Granny WeatherWax longsidepies fatboy47

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat May 23, 2020 1:33 pm

cblantfanclub wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 pm
dsr
"suggested that he should have handed it over to one of the neighbours who would have been ready and willing to take in a 4 year old child with probable deadly disease."

He seemed fully prepared to hand the child with the "probable deadly disease" to his parents, who I presume were elderly (or sister when he gets his story straight)

Over dramatising I think.

How did everybody else manage? For me it emphasises how this government has little understanding of ordinary folk and their problems. People with the same problem managed without a farm with a spare house on it and without all the other resources he could command. One rule.......
OK, I have never had a child. But I know that most parents would prefer to let family look after their children rather than casual acquaintances.

But the point is more the other way round. What neighbours would be willing to take in a 4 year old child, with or without coronavirus?

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm
If his parents (or sister) were looking after the child they should have been the ones doing the travelling, not two infected people and their child.
That's a fair point.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Claretnick wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 pm
I respectfully suggest you read the regulation that applied to all of us when Mr Cummings and his family travelled 250+ miles to Durham. Does the law apply to all citizens or not?
Read it. It says you can leave the house for any reason if there is a reasonable excuse.

So Cummings' case is that he obeyed the law as it applied to all citizens including himself. You may or may not disagree. But what should he have done?

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Johnson and Hancock defending the indefensible. There were all sorts of better options than the one the chief adviser to the government took. He needs sacking today.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat May 23, 2020 1:41 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 pm
Self isolate as a family ?
It would be very long odds that both parents were too ill at exactly the same time to look after their child bearing in mind the proportion of people who only get mild symptoms.
And longer odds that they were too ill to look after a child and not ill enough to be admitted to hospital.
And even longer odds that one of them was just about well enough to undertake a 300 mile trip.
I thought the idea was that Cummings wasn't ill, just expected to be?

31st March is a long time ago in coronavirus terms. What were the official stats or the anecdotal stats for the proportion of people who only get mild symptoms, at that time? There are still footballers who don't want to play football because of the dangers of coronavirus, and there is a lot more data now than there was then. Was it widely known that coronavirus is a mild illness with only short term effects, or was there suspicion that it was deadly? Was it reasonable for Cummings to suspect he might get it?

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm

taio wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Johnson and Hancock defending the indefensible. There were all sorts of better options than the one the chief adviser to the government took. He needs sacking today.
I've never had a child so I'm in less of a position to say what the best option is. What should he have done?

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm
I've never had a child so I'm in less of a position to say what the best option is. What should he have done?
Have relatives come to him. Pay for child care. His wife stay in a hotel. Enforce the type of social distancing and protection care home residents have been afforded.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:50 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:41 pm

31st March is a long time ago in coronavirus terms. What were the official stats or the anecdotal stats for the proportion of people who only get mild symptoms, at that time? There are still footballers who don't want to play football because of the dangers of coronavirus, and there is a lot more data now than there was then. Was it widely known that coronavirus is a mild illness with only short term effects, or was there suspicion that it was deadly? Was it reasonable for Cummings to suspect he might get it?
Is that correct ?
Are you saying that neither parents were actually ill but thought they were going to be ? At the same time ?
Wow
It was known from a very early stage that a good proportion of people did not got so ill that they had to be admitted to hospital or were too ill to look after children.

Surely this is a similar situation as one parent in a family getting ill, then the other one thinking they would also get ill, then lots of parents running around dropping off their children with other people.
I know a number of people who were in this situation with small children - and you know what they did ? They self isolated as a family as per the guidelines.
Surely the medical exceptions are there if you actually both end up too ill to look after the child - which was as o said very long odds and didn’t actually happen did it ?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Give it up dsr. There are a million and one things he could and should have done before driving to Durham.

I suppose he’s just another member of the government who’s had enough of experts.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:41 pm

There is a R4 interview from the end of April with Dom Cummings wife where she said from rushing home to look after her when she got ill he had collapsed within 24hrs and then was bed ridden for 10 days.

So no mild symptoms or long lead time but from zero to deaths door in the space of a day

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Might be missing the detail of aspects of the story, but you've also got to wonder, if this is correct, why you would put your presumably elderly ish parents at risk.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by keith1879 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:48 pm
Remember we are talking about 31st March here. Anything that was said in April and May isn't relevant to Cummings' decision.

The big question is, what at that time was the correct thing to do? It's been suggested that he should have put the child into "care". It's been suggested that he should have handed it over to one of the neighbours who would have been ready and willing to take in a 4 year old child with probable deadly disease. It's been suggested that he wasn't ill with the implication that he should have known he wasn't going to be. And it's been suggested (by Cummings' own actions) that the best option was to go to his extensive family farm and occupy one of the spare houses there in isolation.

What should he have done?
Here is a link to the press conference of March 12th. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... s-pandemic At about 1 hour and 9 minutes Chris Whitty clearly says that children are affected much less than adults. I doubt if you will find any serious suggestion otherwise to even vaguely excuse Cummings' conduct.

Incidentally if anyone is still trying to suggest that the government didn't have a strategy of seeking herd immunity then watching this press conference will completely destroy that idea. This was all about herd immunity.

The correct thing to do at the end of March? Stay at home and self isolate as a family....you can find any number of clips from the press conferences to reinforce this.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm

This is what Dominic Cummings wife stated on R4 on the 25th April

‘Uncertainty is the hallmark of the coronavirus, when you’ve got it the sense of medieval unknowing only deepens. Is this definitely it? Will it get worse? Will it come back? My version of the virus began with a nasty headache and a grubby feeling of unease. After which I threw up on the bathroom floor.’That’s disgusting mum’ said my four year old son, handing me a towel with a look of patronising distaste.

‘I’ve never known a bug treat its victims so differently. My friends have reported stabbing sore throats, a loss of taste and smell and a numbness in their fingertips. One slight but sad effect of this is that it makes phoning friends to share coronavirus stories parculiarly unsatisfying. ‘Weren’t the muscle aches awful? Oh you didn’t get it. No, no sore throats for me. Oh well.’

‘That evening as I lay on the sofa a happy thought occurred to me. If this was the virus then my husband who works 16 hour days as a rule, would have to come home. I let myself imagine a fortnight in bed with mild symptoms, more fool me. My husband did rush home to look after me, he’s an extremely kind man whatever people assume to the contrary.

Commenting on her husband, Ms Wakefield said: ‘My husband did rush home to look after me, he’s an extremely kind man whatever people assume to the contrary’

‘But 24 hours later he said ‘I feel weird’ and collapsed. I felt breathless, sometimes achy, but Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in day out for ten days he had a high fever, with spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs. He could breathe but only in a limited shallow way. After a week we reached peak corona uncertainty, day six is a turning point I was told, when you either get better or head for ICU. Was Dom fighting off the bug or was he heading for a ventilator, who knew?

‘I sat on his bed staring at his chest trying to count his breaths per minute. The little oxygen reader we’d bought on Amazon indicated he should be in hospital, but his lips weren’t blue and he could talk in full sentences. Such as ‘please stop staring at my chest sweet heart’. My son in his doctor’s uniform administered Ribena.’

‘Just as Dom was beginning to feel better it was reported that Boris was heading in the other direction into hospital. I’ve been a slack Christian during this era of biblical plague, churches are shut, even Catholic churches. One of the reasons I converted is that Catholic churches are always open – and now they are closed it feels like someone has turned off the spiritual stopcock. But what is there to do for the sick now except pray? I got to my knees for Boris and found to my surprise that my prayers flowed easily. As if carried along in a current of others.’

keith1879

Post by keith1879 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:10 pm

I can feel tears of sympathy for the Cummingss. It doesn't seem to mention the bit about driving up the A1 though?

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm
Apparently he had a go at some journos for not standing 2m apart.

There is no end to which some people in this country will willingly have the p1ss taken out of them by the people who they believe to be 'on their side'.
Just watched the video of him leaving his house. Disgrace how all those photographers were crowding around, inches away from each other. They should all be fined by the police.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat May 23, 2020 2:24 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm
Just watched the video of him leaving his house. Disgrace how all those photographers were crowding around, inches away from each other. They should all be fined by the police.
Yep. Not good. Laughable coming from him though.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat May 23, 2020 2:27 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm
We have staff staying in caravans on the car park at work so they can continue to treat patients every day, and not risk going home to infect / be infected by their families.

What should Cummings have done? Don’t make me laugh.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Another couple of interesting things being reported is the uncle of Cummings son lives in London and the week Cummings went to Durham just happened to be his mums birthday

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 pm

I sincerely hope Johnson his fronting today's briefing, or at least Hancock. One of then either needs to correct inaccuracies in the media about Cummings, or confirm the reports are accurate and either confirm Cummings will be leaving his position or attempt to justify why this is not the case.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 pm

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I’ve decided to throw birthday party next weekend and I'll be inviting family and friends from all over the country - all they have to say is that they are ill with Covid.

I’m calling it a Cummings-Out Party.
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret tiger76

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Yep. Not good. Laughable coming from him though.
Think he was making a point that whilst chastising him, they are actually breaching the rules themselves, in a far more reckless way.

What he did is take his immediate family, in a private car, to self-isolate in a house near his extended family, should his child require care. What they are doing is mingling with non-family members in what can only be group gathering... for what reason? To make some money.

Far worse. Doubt there will be any outrage about it though.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat May 23, 2020 2:48 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Think he was making a point that whilst chastising him, they are actually breaching the rules themselves, in a far more reckless way.

What he did is take his immediate family, in a private car, to self-isolate in a house near his extended family, should his child require care. What they are doing is mingling with non-family members in what can only be group gathering... for what reason? To make some money.

While people were dying alone because family weren’t allowed to see them, he was driving up to Durham to see his.

No getting around that with spin I’m afraid.

keith1879

Post by keith1879 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

NewClaret wrote:

They aren't paid members of an administration telling us not to do it.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thinking he was making a point that whilst chastising him, they are actually breaching the rules themselves, in a far more reckless way.

What he did is take his family, in a private car, to self-isolate in a house near his family, should his child require care. What they are doing is mingling with non-family members in what can only be group gathering... for what reason? To make some money.

What the journalists and photographers have done wasn't right but, if true and as reported, that in no way excuses what Cummings has done. He's the chief adviser of the government and has attended SAGE. Again if true, it's absolute hypocrisy and indefensible and so needs to be sacked.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm

taio wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm
What the journalists and photographers have done wasn't right but, if true and as reported, that in no way excuses what Cummings has done. He's the chief adviser of the government and has attended SAGE. Again if true, it's absolute hypocrisy and indefensible and so needs to be sacked.
Won’t be sacked and won’t resign, in my opinion, so this is going to upset lots of people.

Can’t see that he put public health at any risk whatsoever and acted in a way any responsible parent would.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm

NewClaret wrote:

He’s the government’s chief adviser ffs. If this is the best counter argument you could formulate, I suggest your next sabbatical is a longer one.

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm
Won’t be sacked and won’t resign, in my opinion, so this is going to upset lots of people.

Can’t see that he put public health at any risk whatsoever and acted in a way any responsible parent would.
Doubt he will be sacked either. But I'm saying he should be. And the arrogant tosser won't resign. He acted against government and public health rules. A government he is chief adviser of. It's pure hypocrisy and completely undermines the situation. Unless of course the reports turn out to be fundamentally incorrect.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 pm

taio wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm
If he's not gone by the end of next week the Tories can kiss goodbye to my vote next time,how can anybody take the government advise seriously when their own chief adviser deems it fit to ignore.

An interesting comparison to the Cummings case is here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... -52772306

And yet that family tolerated the inconvenience,indeed they still are,as i'm sure many others have the length and breadth of the country.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat May 23, 2020 3:08 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Yeh driving 260 odd miles with a 4 year old child while knowingly infected definitely wouldn’t put public health at any risk.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:08 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:48 pm
While people were dying alone because family weren’t allowed to see them, he was driving up to Durham to see his.

No getting around that with spin I’m afraid.
Bit emotive, I’d say. If he’d put public safety at risk, I’d agree he should go. As it stands, I can’t see that he has and was arguably acting responsibly.

Hold my view that the photographers actions were worse than that of Cummings and they should receive a police warning.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:08 pm

taio wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 pm
I sincerely hope Johnson his fronting today's briefing, or at least Hancock. One of then either needs to correct inaccuracies in the media about Cummings, or confirm the reports are accurate and either confirm Cummings will be leaving his position or attempt to justify why this is not the case.
F raid not taio,the usual Saturday dross We've just had it confirmed that the UK government will give its daily briefing at 16:00 BST (15:00 GMT).

The briefing will be led by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps.

He will be joined by the deputy chief medical officer for England Dr Jenny Harries.

I've no doubt the Cummings :?: will be high on the agenda though.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Yeh driving 260 odd miles with a 4 year old child while knowingly infected definitely wouldn’t put public health at any risk.
If he drove directly without stopping, I can’t see the risk?

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 3:10 pm

tiger76 wrote:
F raid not taio,the usual Saturday dross We've just had it confirmed that the UK government will give its daily briefing at 16:00 BST (15:00 GMT).

He will be joined by the deputy chief medical officer for England Dr Jenny Harries.

Appalling and weak decision.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm

tiger76 wrote:

Shapps must be delighted that he’s up today :lol: :lol:

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat May 23, 2020 3:12 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Fair play to anyone driving that far with a 4 year old in the back and not needing to stop once!

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Bit emotive, I’d say. If he’d put public safety at risk, I’d agree he should go. As it stands, I can’t see that he has and was arguably acting responsibly.

Hold my view that the photographers actions were worse than that of Cummings and they should receive a police warning.
Don't disagree the photographers were in the wrong,but that's an aside to the actions of Dominic Cummings.

In your view NC should Calderwood and Ferguson have resigned then,because what they did wasn't much different.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Surely nobody thought Johnson would front up today?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Fair play to anyone driving that far with a 4 year old in the back and not needing to stop once!
Probs did it at night while he was sleeping.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Surely nobody thought Johnson would front up today?
He’s gone missing yet again!

taio

Post by taio » Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm
I'd be stunned if he or his wife did not come into contact with anyone outside their household. If they did it put others at risk.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Anyway away from all the Cummings nonsense,this is a hopeful development.

Outcome improving for critically ill patients in UK

A breakdown of the latest weekly statistics of Covid-19 patients admitted to critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland shows doctors have become more skilled at keeping seriously ill patients alive during the course of the pandemic.

Recent statistics, from the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre, show that of the 5,330 patients who needed advanced respiratory support, more than half (54.4%) are still alive.

This marks a significant improvement from the early days of the crisis: figures produced up to Thursday 9 April showed that only a third of patients who needed advanced respiratory support survived.

Overall, 3,302 patients admitted to critical care have died, and 4,145 patients have been discharged. The rest are still receiving critical care.

Men make up more than 70% of patients in critical care - a characteristic constant throughout the pandemic.

A third of patients are from ethnic minority backgrounds, despite only making up around one fifth of the population.The reasons remain unclear, but health issues, living conditions and occupation have all been touted as possible factors, alongside the possibility of unknown genetic differences.

Being overweight also appears to be a significant risk factor.

Nearly three-quarters of the patients had a body mass index higher than the recommended healthy level of 18.5 to 25. Some 35.1% had a BMI of 25 to 30 - the overweight range. Some 38.8% had a BMI over more than 30 - putting them in the obese range.

The average age of the patients admitted to critical care is 58.6 years.

In terms of outcome, the older patients are, the higher the risk of death. Of the 585 patients aged 16-39, 17.6% died. In contrast of the 1,404 patients aged 70-79, 64.1% died.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 23, 2020 3:20 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Don't disagree the photographers were in the wrong,but that's an aside to the actions of Dominic Cummings.

In your view NC should Calderwood and Ferguson have resigned then,because what they did wasn't much different.
In general, I’d say losing your job is a hard price to pay in all cases. I think we’re generally too expectant of “public figures” and we should remember they are all just human beings, trying to do the best job they can to provide for themselves/their family - they’re not perfect and nor should we expect them to be.

In order, I’d say Ferguson was worst, then Calderwood, then Cummings. The first two warranted an apology, not so sure about Cummings.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Well i never

Travelling to other areas 'inherently dangerous'

A leading doctor in the north-east of England - to where Boris Johnson's chief aide Dominic Cummings made a 260-mile journey - has reinforced the warning about the "inherent dangers" of travelling to other areas.

Dr George Rae, the north-east chair of the British Medical Association, said Covid-19 is hitting the region "almost the hardest in the country".

"We have the highest rate of positive test results and also, very tragically, pro-rata of the population the deaths of the north-east are higher than any other area in England," said Dr Rae.

The region has had 9,790 confirmed cases - the highest rate of confirmed cases based on population in England. There have been 3,615 deaths in the North East and Yorkshire, with only London, the Midlands and the North West recording more.

"My colleagues are concerned about the risks of people were travelling indiscriminately and against the rules set down," added Dr Rae.

"What you are risking if people travel up here to Northumberland - or the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District or Cornwall and Devon - is possible clusters of outbreaks of the coronavirus."

But he's only a doctor what would he know.

Claretnick
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:20 pm
In general, I’d say losing your job is a hard price to pay in all cases. I think we’re generally too expectant of “public figures” and we should remember they are all just human beings, trying to do the best job they can to provide for themselves/their family - they’re not perfect and nor should we expect them to be.

In order, I’d say Ferguson was worst, then Calderwood, then Cummings. The first two warranted an apology, not so sure about Cummings.
Sorry but all 3 broke this law that was passed in Parliament by the Government. Out of the 3 Cummings is the one directly employed by the Government, I don't think he has any choice but to go. People have made great sacrifices and a huge number of people have died alone because of the restrictions of movement. The Government is now risking co-operation from the public in order to save the job of one unelected bureaucrat.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020 ... ion/6/made

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:30 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Might not be fair but public pressure could play a part in whether Cummings hangs on or not,in the Catherine Calderwood case up here Nicola Sturgeon initially backed her,but after a fierce backlash she was forced to go.

We'll have to wait and see what occurs at the public briefing,and how hardcore the government's support for Dominic Cummings proves to be,it's hardly a secret many Conservative MP'S want rid of him.and this gives them the perfect excuse.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat May 23, 2020 3:31 pm

NewClaret, you really are defending the indefensible here. Makes you look like a Tory Party apparatchik.
This user liked this post: Greenmile