Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Weird.....
My thoughts as well hence the question I'll see what he comes back with, Singapore are expanding in preparation for when barnoldswick eventually shuts or seriously downsizes, a option C unfortunately doesn't exist.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:43 pm
My thoughts as well hence the question I'll see what he comes back with, Singapore are expanding in preparation for when barnoldswick eventually shuts or seriously downsizes, a option C unfortunately doesn't exist.
I meant your rant

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:46 pm
I meant your rant
If you can offer any other practical alternative suggestion other than Singapore taking all the work, I'm all ears, I presume you are familiar with the aerospace industry to even comment, he is right when he states neither plant could cope currently in the event of returns but once the expansion is complete that won't be the case, everythings geared up over there & that's been the intended plan for quite some time to be brutally honest.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Zlatan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Would it be possible to take the RR discussion to a new thread, and not dilute the issue of discussing the Covid-19 pandemic on here
This user liked this post: UnderSeige

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm
Would it be possible to take the RR discussion to a new thread, and not dilute the issue of discussing the Covid-19 pandemic on here
It does seem a bit odd how 'aircraft engines' have suddenly become part of the COVID-19 debate.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm

The UK Case rate (7 day average) has fallen below 1000 for the first time since 25th of March.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Further positive signs in Scotland.

Coronavirus: Expert says Scotland 'could be Covid-free by end of summer'https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53192024

Coronavirus: No new Covid deaths in Scotland for third consecutive dayhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53211750

Caution advised as always, but something's happening to suppress this virus

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm
If you can offer any other practical alternative suggestion other than Singapore taking all the work, I'm all ears, I presume you are familiar with the aerospace industry to even comment, he is right when he states neither plant could cope currently in the event of returns but once the expansion is complete that won't be the case, everythings geared up over there & that's been the intended plan for quite some time to be brutally honest.
Couldn't quite see the point in the weird suggestion lowbank was some sort of drunken driver, just because he doesn't see things your way

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm
In fairness it's only within the last couple of days it has deviated off topic & previously throughout the course of the thread it's deviated off topic for a lot longer than 2 days regarding some really random stuff with no real connection to covid-19, at least regarding RR & the ramifications the virus as unleashed some connection is there albeit distant, but in respect to your point I won't mention RR again & I won't reply to lowbankclaret if he/she responds to my post, I can't say fairer than that.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Couldn't quite see the point in the weird suggestion lowbank was some sort of drunken driver, just because he doesn't see things your way
Whilst discussion is being stifled I'm moving away from this particular line as it as nothing to do with Covid-19, regarding the drunken driver I wasn't sure hence asking the question, somethings add up he says whilst other things don't make sense, Ben the apprentice I know is very similar. It wasn't intended as a suggestion more a direct question, from now I'll discuss coronavirus & nothing else on this particular thread.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:54 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 pm
Whilst discussion is being stifled I'm moving away from this particular line as it as nothing to do with Covid-19, regarding the drunken driver I wasn't sure hence asking the question, somethings add up he says whilst other things don't make sense, Ben the apprentice I know is very similar. It wasn't intended as a suggestion more a direct question, from now I'll discuss coronavirus & nothing else on this particular thread.
Personally I didn't mind the RR discussion, iam sure those losing their jobs will think its Covid related, even if some on here don't.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:27 pm
Airbus set to axe 10k jobs. Aerospace industry in on its knees at moment. Restructuring means getting rid of workers due to either moving work or work not being there. No point going further on about it at all as you sound like a big Rolls guy and anyone else are just a little shop floor numbers, or thinking more about your responses you sound like a Rolls Royce apprentice I know called Ben, who's got done for drink driving crash recently. It wouldn't you by any chance? I'm not sure if you are being serious or some sort of wind up merchant.
Seriously, I have worked in the aero industry since I was 16 at Lucas in Burnley.
I have worked for RR for 22 years.
I retire in two weeks after 40 years in the industry.

You don’t even know which engine goes on which aircraft, so don’t try to lecture me.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Well it was not me!
But Covid is going to impact this area massively as we have a lot of manufacturing companies that do work for aerospace.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 pm
Jacob, I am a senior engineer at RR or will be until the 14th when I retire.
Whilst your understanding of projects of may not align with mine, that maybe because I am privy to info that’s not in the public domain. Well will for two more weeks.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:39 pm

"Summer may decide fate of leading shots in vaccine race"
Talk of a vaccine being available in the Autumn. However, it might not be a vaccine that totally stops the virus. It will possibly be a vaccine that will limit the virus so that the symptoms are mild. It appears that trials are currently showing this to be the case. There are several companies on the intermediate and final stages of testing.
Animal research suggests COVID-19 vaccines could prevent serious disease but may not completely block infection. One study that dripped the coronavirus into monkeys showed vaccinated animals avoided pneumonia but had some virus lurking in their noses and throats. Whether it was enough to spread to the unvaccinated isn't known.

Still, that would be a big win.

"My expectations have always been that we'll get rid of symptomatic disease. From what we've seen of the vaccines so far that's what they do," said Penn's Weissman.

The initial vaccines might be replaced with later, better arrivals, as historically happens in medicine, noted Duke's Ridley. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 674813.cms

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:12 pm
Hi cricketfield. I tend not to rely on opinions of various experts too much at this stage of the pandemic. I go more off the data and facts. Things that we already know to build up a picture. For example, reports on a vaccine trial; trends in 'infection rates'; reports from the front line such as the Italian doctor or inchy's experiences; and the results of scientific studies.

As far as I can see there is not yet a clear picture regarding the way the pandemic is going to pan out in the UK. What we know as facts (often with questions attached to them) so far:
  • The virus spread in the UK is relatively low at the moment in comparison with April. Is this because of lockdown or is there something else going on as well?
  • There have been reports from the Italian Health services that the viral load is reducing. Why haven't we heard similar report from other countries?
  • A number of people have had the virus with no symptoms and are most likely now immune. 'How many' is the great unknown. Could it have affected millions thereby projecting the UK population into 'herd immunity territory'?
  • Recent activities in the UK should lead to a second spike if the virus is not fading out. Texas, Iran started release in late April and are now in the throws of a second spike (looks like it takes 6-8 weeks). Will this happen? We should know towards the end of July.
  • Several countries (who have experienced pandemics in the recent past) have managed to keep infections and fatalities to a very low rate in comparison to the UK. They have also managed to minimise lockdown of their economies by a 'containment strategy'.
  • The UK still needs to develop a 'contact and trace App' and has not yet managed to get the whole of the population to wear masks in public places (two essentials of a containment strategy).
  • Countries that have gone into lockdown and released too early are now in the throws of a second spike.
  • Some countries (Brazil, Florida and Sweden for example) have had minimum restrictions with continuing rising infection rates.
  • Worldwide, the case rate is ten million people infected and half a million fatalities and the case rate is still rising.
All fair comments. On the point re Italy. Perhaps they can comment with more certainty due to having more exposure to it and from the earliest part of the pandemic. They’d be able to give more data than say Australia or New Zealand. Or even Sweden who despite its high numbers per head its still low when comparing the Actual numbers.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Sinopharm's COVID-19 Drug Test Results are Encouraging
"The second vaccine developed by Sinopharm has been found to be safe and able to generate high titers of antibodies among participants in phase I and II clinical trials, according to a Weibo posting by Sinopharm Group on Sunday", Bloomberg reported.
The experimental shot, developed by a Beijing-based unit of CNBG, has induced high-level antibodies in all the inoculated participants in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial involving 1,120 healthy people, according to a statement published by CNBG on the social media platform WeChat. https://www.shafaaq.com/en/world/sinoph ... couraging/

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm
The UK Case rate (7 day average) has fallen below 1000 for the first time since 25th of March.
Great news

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:46 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Further positive signs in Scotland.

Coronavirus: Expert says Scotland 'could be Covid-free by end of summer'https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53192024

Coronavirus: No new Covid deaths in Scotland for third consecutive dayhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53211750

Caution advised as always, but something's happening to suppress this virus
They should leave the uk now and build a big wall. I might even move there :lol:

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Can the Virus Mutate Fast Enough to circumvent Vaccines? - Probably not.
Luckily, the novel coronavirus has a lower mutation rate than influenza. And while the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine study identified changes in the S gene – the gene that makes the spike – of the various virus strains, mutations in this gene were comparatively rare. Mutations in the epitope regions – the sites in the spike protein the antibodies attach to – were also infrequent. https://scroll.in/article/965557/what-c ... nd-testing

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Oxford/Astrazenica and Moderna/Catalent Vaccines

AstraZeneca’s experimental Covid-19 vaccine is probably the world’s leading candidate and most advanced in terms of development, the World Health Organization’s (WHO) chief scientist said on Friday.

The British drugmaker has already begun large-scale, mid-stage human trials of the vaccine, which was developed by researchers at the University of Oxford.

British pharma major AstraZeneca, which has already begun Phase III human trials of its AZD1222 (formerly known as ChAdOx1 nCoV-19) vaccine candidate, signed its tenth supply-and-manufacturing deal earlier this week.

Brazil announced on Saturday it had signed a $127 million agreement to start producing locally the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. The country is slated to initially produce 30 million doses of the vaccine — half by December and half by January of next year, according to a Reuters report.
$127 million - probably about the same price of some of their star players.
US firm Moderna Inc, which has already started Phase II trials for its vaccine candidate mRNA-1273, has partnered with drugmaker Catalent Inc to produce 100 million doses starting in the third quarter of 2020. Under the deal, Catalent will also provide packaging and labeling, storage and distribution services to support Moderna’s late-stage clinical trial for the vaccine. Catalent is already in partnership with Johnson and Johnson as well as AstraZeneca.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... Oie8J.html

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Bill Gates bringing government and corporate leaders together to form a 'Vaccine Alliance'.
Governments and corporate leaders have pledged $8.8 billion earlier this month for a vaccine alliance called Gavi backed by the Gates Foundation. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation had pledged $1.6 billion to the alliance. “Not many people outside the global health sector have heard about Gavi, but over the past twenty years, it has transformed the way the world invests in and protects the health of its children,” said Melinda Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The foundation had helped set-up Gavi two decades back. https://www.financialexpress.com/indus ... t/2006757/

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-sturge ... 19262.html
Cheeky sods. Perhaps if they were independent and had to fund their own economy without English cash subsidising them they wouldn't be as desperate to ban us.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:43 pm
Bill Gates bringing government and corporate leaders together to form a 'Vaccine Alliance'.
There’ll be a shortage of tin foil in the supermarkets before long, best get some in before Christmas for the Turkey...

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm
Cheeky sods. Perhaps if they were independent and had to fund their own economy without English cash subsidising them they wouldn't be as desperate to ban us.
I can't see that being practical. There must be lots of cross border trade. I'm sure many Scottish businesses would kick up a fuss.

I can see the point from a 'containment point of view' though.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 am

The USA (as a whole) is now in a second spike.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

New York is not in a second spike though. Daily cases have fallen to below 1k per day (similar pattern to the UK). New York began release from lockdown in early June. Many other states began release from lockdown in late April/early May.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

Is it the case that the longer lockdown has contained the virus better or could it be that the initial high number of cases in New York has led to a certain level of 'herd immunity'? The same question could also be applied to the uK.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 am

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm
Tbh I think it’s a fair and sensible move. I’d be happy if we quarantined Liverpool and Leicester tbh.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Well, they've known about Leicester for nearly two weeks. What's happened to the 'world beating' system that's supposed to spring into action?

Two weeks and they've done SFA. Of all the times to be living under an incompetent govt. This doesn't exactly fill me full of hope with regards to getting C-19 under control. Oh well, at least I'll be able to down my sorrows in the pub next weekend...

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Well, they've known about Leicester for nearly two weeks. What's happened to the 'world beating' system that's supposed to spring into action?

Two weeks and they've done SFA. Of all the times to be living under an incompetent govt. This doesn't exactly fill me full of hope with regards to getting C-19 under control. Oh well, at least I'll be able to down my sorrows in the pub next weekend...
Leicester have been advised to lockdown longer, but the mayor refuses

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:

What can the government do when thousands of bellends go out to protest, celebrate and sunbathe? And don't give me the Dominic Cummings excuse either. People need to take responsibility for themselves.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets KateR tiger76

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Grumps wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Leicester have been advised to lockdown longer, but the mayor refuses
The govt can overrule the mayor. Stop making excuses.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:48 pm
The govt can overrule the mayor. Stop making excuses.
Stop jumping to conclusions
I was only pointing out today's news on the matter, no other comment made

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm

what has happened in Leicester to set it apart from the rest of the country ? a lot of towns and cities have recently experienced large gatherings , but they don't appear as places where the covid 19 cases have become a cause for added concern.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:59 am
Hey KateR, where in Texas are you ?
Houston

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Grumps wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 pm
Stop jumping to conclusions
I was only pointing out today's news on the matter, no other comment made
Hang on, Grumps. You said "Leicester have been advised to lockdown longer, but the mayor refuses". Now I can only take your post at face value and doing so certainly isn't jumping to conclusions.
You have a habit of twisting what people say on here. I won't be responding again should you quote one of my posts. I prefer those who play straight, even when I don't agree with them.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm
Houston
Do you have a problem?

:D
These 3 users liked this post: KateR Vegas Claret longsidepies

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Murger wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm
What can the government do when thousands of bellends go out to protest, celebrate and sunbathe? And don't give me the Dominic Cummings excuse either. People need to take responsibility for themselves.
100%

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Hang on, Grumps. You said "Leicester have been advised to lockdown longer, but the mayor refuses". Now I can only take your post at face value and doing so certainly isn't jumping to conclusions.
You have a habit of twisting what people say on here. I won't be responding again should you quote one of my posts. I prefer those who play straight, even when I don't agree with them.
Which one of us is twisting what's been said?

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Of course people need to take responsibility, but in the same vein, the govt needs to do what it promised. They said they would stamp out spikes as soon as they became aware of them. They knew about the Leicester spike two weeks ago and their inaction is both irresponsible and incompetent. It endangers people and the economy.

If we are to get out of this as quickly as possible, then the govt needs to do what it says and this means ramping up its lockdown measures as soon as they become aware of any local or regional spikes.
This user liked this post: UnderSeige

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:02 pm

I've no issue with anyone going away if they want. Everyone has their own risk profile. Ordinarily I would be relaxed about anything.

But my personal circumstances are different now than say two years ago and its not only me i need to consider. Take into account at risk family and friends and this then changes further.

If we are permitted to go away and people want to thats entirely their prerogative. And I wouldn't slate anyone for doing so.

But to assume that traveling abroad is low risk compared to staying at home isnt looking at the full picture.

My own approach to risk throughout all this means I havent eaten anything that was prepared from outside the house since March. havent been in a supermarket, mass gathering, my parents or grandmas house, public transport etc since March either.

In very low part because I dont want to catch it. But in the main because i dont want to catch it and pass it on to someone I love.

for someone who loves holidays abroad, its right down the list of my priorities right now. But appreciate everyone has their own view.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret UnderSeige

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Murger wrote:
People are indeed responsible for their own actions but the govt also has a responsibility in how they lead the country in a crisis.

Why if it was all down to peoples own responsibility did the govt make such an effort to lock the country down and set rules and regulations and provide instructions and communication?

Why if it was all down to individual peoples actions did the people of Wales and Scotland continue to adhere to the lockdown rules much more rigidly whilst masses of English people partied, protested and packed beaches and public spaces to sunbathe? Scotland and Wales has as much idiots and numpties as England does but the leadership was stronger, clearer and more respected.

So blame individuals for their own actions but dont in doing so abdicate responsibility for the govt around the lack of leadership they have provided in both the locking down of the country and the relaxing and coming out of lockdown
These 2 users liked this post: Billy Balfour longsidepies

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:

I don't think that it's the 'world beating track and trace app (that doesn't work)' that is supposed to alert individual regions. They have some sort of 'traffic light alert system' to alert the regions. That doesn't work either!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm

For anybody living in Leicester, I'd get one quick...

leicester-durham.png
leicester-durham.png (56.81 KiB) Viewed 2721 times

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm
I don't think that it's the 'world beating track and trace app (that doesn't work)' that is supposed to alert individual regions. They have some sort of 'traffic light alert system' to alert the regions. That doesn't work either!
It certainly fills you full of confidence, doesn't it. Everything they do comes across as half-arsed and perfunctory. I'd say the same no matter who was is power. This is no time to be partisan. I just want competence when we are dealing with the worst crises since WW2. It's not too much to ask.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm
what has happened in Leicester to set it apart from the rest of the country ? a lot of towns and cities have recently experienced large gatherings , but they don't appear as places where the covid 19 cases have become a cause for added concern.
I can't find much on why the spike is in Leicester. The following is from the Sun:
Others were reported at a sandwich factory and a Sainsbury’s supermarket — and five schools have closed. Officials are also worried about the city’s food production sites and multi-generational households.
Last week it was meat packaging plants in Kirklees. It looks like the virus might be spreading from indoor areas that are kept cool (Meat processing, sandwich making etc.) and then fanning out to the local population if not dealt with quickly. This is also occurring overseas. We badly need a vaccine and/or a 'containment strategy' before winter. Otherwise we need a very mild winter and a lot of luck.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Murger wrote:
That's pretty much the way I see it, we are supposed to adults & not children, the government aren't beyond reproach & have made mistakes but any government leading the country wouldn't be completely faultless, some people are just taking cheap shots & ignoring more important issues, every single person should be accountable for themselves, it's actually got to the stage for some people that they are incapable of thinking for themselves & need every single thing explaining to them & a complete abandonment of common sense as taken place.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:34 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:25 pm
Last week it was meat packaging plants in Kirklees. It looks like the virus might be spreading from indoor areas that are kept cool (Meat processing, sandwich making etc.) and then fanning out to the local population if not dealt with quickly.
Yes, there's been a few of these, both in the UK and abroad. Maybe too early to draw conclusions but it's a familiar pattern at the moment.

Obviously the best thing to do is to stop kids from playing sport outdoors in the sunshine and instead reopen bars and pubs for adults so they can drink indoors together in air conditioned buildings. Can't see what could go wrong.
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm
Of course people need to take responsibility, but in the same vein, the govt needs to do what it promised. They said they would stamp out spikes as soon as they became aware of them. They knew about the Leicester spike two weeks ago and their inaction is both irresponsible and incompetent. It endangers people and the economy.

If we are to get out of this as quickly as possible, then the govt needs to do what it says and this means ramping up its lockdown measures as soon as they become aware of any local or regional spikes.
Chris Martenson uses the phrase 'Case case cluster cluster boom'. One case leads to another, then to another (within a locality). Soon you have a cluster (as in Leicester). If left, people travel to other areas and start spreading in them thereby creating more clusters. Soon you have several clusters which leads to a second spike nationally (Boom).

A. To combat, before cases start multiplying, 'masks' and 'social distancing' and 'strict hygeine' should be employed.
B. To combat the 'case case' Track and Trace (including App) should be used.
C. Failure in A and B requires local lockdown.
D. Failure in A, B and C requires National Lockdown.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:29 pm
That's pretty much the way I see it, we are supposed to adults & not children, the government aren't beyond reproach & have made mistakes but any government leading the country wouldn't be completely faultless, some people are just taking cheap shots & ignoring more important issues, every single person should be accountable for themselves, it's actually got to the stage for some people that they are incapable of thinking for themselves & need every single thing explaining to them & a complete abandonment of common sense as taken place.
Actually , Jakub, what you want, rightly or wrongly, is for people to stop thinking for themselves. All those people on Bournemouth beach have thought and have come to the conclusion that coronavirus is no longer as serious as it was and is not worth the continued restrictions. It's one thing to tell young families that they aren't allowed holidays, aren't allowed to play out, aren't allowed to do anything, and must continue cooped up together to avoid spreading a disease that will do you no harm at all; but getting them to agree, that's another matter.

If we all do what the government wants, that can only be done by not thinking for ourselves and by abandoning common sense.