Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Or Going with your Bullsh!t comments...yes my belief is games will be called off this weekend. "My Belief"
You didn't say "I believe that football matches will be cancelled." You said they would be and then you and your like minded 'Mates' got abusive with me when I offerred evidence that it was very unlikely.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:13 pm
70m X 60% X 2.5%

The first is a fact
The second has support in the scientific community but is not universally accepted
The third is at the top end of what experts are saying and whatever that number is - that's what we're trying to reduce by actions being taken
But not even I think the 1m deaths will happen within a month in the UK.

Guess it would be in bad taste for Spreadex to open a market on such events happening

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:43 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:31 pm
So in summary he didn’t call you racist.
If you need some one to split hairs your the man!

He "liked" posts that claimed I was "racist" for suggesting border checks could help quarantining.

He called for me to be banned quoting another post claimed I was " racist."

However, this is what you said
martin_p wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:31 pm
I suspect it’s your history on this message board. You may not have been racist (yet) on this thread but you do continue to be a complete and utter **** who drags down conversations and tries to make them all about himself. Please go away.
If you believe I've made historical "racist" posts on here. Go into my history and repost them. Or is it the case that people like you have done exactly what you're doing now. Branding that something that someone has said is "racist" when quite clearly it is not.

Go on , repost my historic "racist" posts. Do it.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Guess it would be in bad taste for Spreadex to open a market on such events happening
Since when did bankers worry about bad taste? ;)

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 pm

I wasn't commenting on timescale - just the maths.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm
You didn't say "I believe that football matches will be cancelled." You said they would be and then you and your like minded 'Mates' got abusive with me when I offerred evidence that it was very unlikely.
Ok they will be....if not you win ok. The only abuse I saw was your reference to Bullsh!t. You offered evidence? Ok.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Tell me, what is "racist" about my suggestion that people , the vast majority being the same race as me . Having their movement restricted by functioning border posts. In order to help quarantining which would help to possibly slow down the spread of a virus amongst people on the other side of the border post, who similarly, the vast majority would be the same race as me?

What's "racist" about, ultimately, wanting to protect people , who are the same race as me!?

Secondly, when these border posts were manned and functioning and restricted movement of people.

1, Were the staff , who operated them, "racist"

Yes or no?

2. Were the governments , like France, Belgium for instance, "racist" governments for restricting movement of people?

Yes or no?

Finally , the Austrian and Slovenian governments have imposed tight border restrictions as a way of both helping the Italian government in their quarantining program, and , presumably protecting their own citizens.

Are the Austrian and Slovenian governments "racist"

Yes or no?

LABELLING SOMEONE "RACIST" ON A PUBLIC FORUM IS SERIOUS. BACK UP YOUR CLAIM OR RETRACT IT.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:43 pm
If you need some one to split hairs your the man!

He "liked" posts that claimed I was "racist" for suggesting border checks could help quarantining.

He called for me to be banned quoting another post claimed I was " racist."

However, this is what you said

If you believe I've made historical "racist" posts on here. Go into my history and repost them. Or is it the case that people like you have done exactly what you're doing now. Branding that something that someone has said is "racist" when quite clearly it is not.

Go on , repost my historic "racist" posts. Do it.
Can’t be arsed mate, I’m not playing your game. Besides, it’s my ‘opinion’ you’ve come across as racist on this board so I don’t need evidence do I?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 pm
Is my lie...

So you didn't say this then...?

If it be your will wrote: ↑
Unless something dramatic happens in the next few weeks, we could be looking at over a million deaths from Covid-19 in the UK alone. This is on a different scale altogether.

but I'm the one lying... OK then...
He didnt say a million deaths in a month or even within a month,just said a million deaths in UK alone which using middle of the road numbers is what it could be over say an 18 month period

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Can we just start a new thread about the coronavirus and leave these lot to bicker in peace?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:49 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm
Ok they will be....if not you win ok. The only abuse I saw was your reference to Bullsh!t. You offered evidence? Ok.
Yes, I offerred evidence, stating what the Health Minister said in Parliament last night. I was still abused for it by the doomsters on these threads.

Closing grounds may happen at some stage, but just because a newspaper floats a story, it doesn't mean it's government policy.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:49 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:37 pm
I sold a number of my shares very early on as I saw the stock market crash coming. I was also thinking about putting a couple of my buy to let properties on the market to sell before the market crashes but thought that would be unfair on my tenants having something else to worry about at this time.
Do you expect house prices to fall in the aftermath of this?

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm
I wasn't commenting on timescale - just the maths.
I wasnt referring to you . I think someone said “if I had the will “ said it.

I agree with the Maths and posted as such 5 days ago.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:52 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:46 pm
Tell me, what is "racist" about my suggestion that people , the vast majority being the same race as me . Having their movement restricted by functioning border posts. In order to help quarantining which would help to possibly slow down the spread of a virus amongst people on the other side of the border post, who similarly, the vast majority would be the same race as me?

What's "racist" about, ultimately, wanting to protect people , who are the same race as me!?

Secondly, when these border posts were manned and functioning and restricted movement of people.

1, Were the staff , who operated them, "racist"

Yes or no?

2. Were the governments , like France, Belgium for instance, "racist" governments for restricting movement of people?

Yes or no?

Finally , the Austrian and Slovenian governments have imposed tight border restrictions as a way of both helping the Italian government in their quarantining program, and , presumably protecting their own citizens.

Are the Austrian and Slovenian governments "racist"

Yes or no?

LABELLING SOMEONE "RACIST" ON A PUBLIC FORUM IS SERIOUS. BACK UP YOUR CLAIM OR RETRACT IT.
And backing up peoples inaccuracies about Covid-19 is not serious? Your history on here speaks for itself and I haven't the time or the inclinination to trawl through all your posts or even hold a conversation with you. End of.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6883 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm

I think we ought to start promoting positive breakthroughs not only in medicine/scienec but global co-operation.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techands ... spartanntp
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:49 pm
Its certain. Market already slowed down as people are uncertain about jobs and lost hours and dont want to move.

If we go into lockdown how are companies going to survive.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm

If people think a bit of bickering on here is bad , Twitter is almost hysterical beyond belief ( and it’s default setting is “ angry /close to tears”) People just ranting and trying to make the whole think political , just vile . Pity they can’t contract it on Twitter it’s a horrible cesspit of hysteria and misinformation .

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Can’t be arsed mate, I’m not playing your game. Besides, it’s my ‘opinion’ you’ve come across as racist on this board so I don’t need evidence do I?
Hahaha.

So when it comes down to it . When you've been challenged to provide one scrap of evidence. You cant!
Who'd have thought it!?

And actually if you want to claim "you’ve come across as racist" on this board . You do need to provide evidence.

Otherwise you just come across as an unthinking, irrational, logic lacking, slightly hysterical person. Guess that's your choice.

Like I say, brand someone as "racist" , then be ready to back it up. Till then take your own advice.

Stop "making about yourself. Please go away."
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

You're all ******* boring arguing about **** all on here.

Get a grip and enjoy life.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm
Hahaha.

So when it comes down to it . When you've been challenged to provide one scrap of evidence. You cant!
Who'd have thought it!?

And actually if you want to claim "you’ve come across as racist" on this board . You do need to provide evidence.

Otherwise you just come across as an unthinking, irrational, logic lacking, slightly hysterical person. Girls that's your choice.

Like I say, brand someone as "racist" , then be ready to back it up. Till then take your own advice.

Stop "making about yourself. Please go away."
Boo hoo!
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:59 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm
Its certain. Market already slowed down as people are uncertain about jobs and lost hours and dont want to move.

If we go into lockdown how are companies going to survive.
But once everything gets cleared up the housing market and stock market will quickly recover as houses and companies will be seen as greatly undervalued.

It won't take long for cheap houses and shares to be snapped up.
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:02 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:49 pm
I would agree with him that’s probable. How much by is anyone’s guess.

The conversations between those of us who invest at work was, how big a drop the markets would suffer. My thoughts were the highest of the group at 20-25% and it looks like I underestimated.

So having sold just before the markets started falling, I started buying back in yesterday to see them fall today.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:59 pm
But once everything gets cleared up the housing market and stock market will quickly recover as houses and companies will be seen as greatly undervalued.

It won't take long for cheap houses and shares to be snapped up.
Markets have always gone up and down, and when they are down it's a buying opportunity. In this case, I think I'll wait a bit as there are likely to be further falls first.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:12 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:52 pm
And backing up peoples inaccuracies about Covid-19 is not serious? Your history on here speaks for itself and I haven't the time or the inclinination to trawl through all your posts or even hold a conversation with you. End of.
The one and only comment I made , relating to this virus. Was one about border posts that had left to fall into disrepair , due to the EU rule on freedom of movement, that could have been utilised in the quarantining programmes of various countries. As seen in Austria and Slovenia.

For that you, and other posters, labelled me "racist"

You've yet to explain why what I said was "racist."

Now if you choose to label someone in a public forum "racist" you'd better have a bloody good reason to. If you dont you should apologise and retract that claim.

Labelling someone as "racist" without good reason is serious enough. But throwing round the label like confetti , also has the effect of devaluing it , in cases of real racism. People like you help to desentisise the word when real racism rears its ugly head.

If my "history speaks for itself" and / or you genuinely believe my comments were "racist" . Then I suggest you not only contact the moderators , but report me to the police and have my comments logged as a hate crime.

Do it. Or retract you groundless and imbecilic claim.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

claretburns
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Confirmed that players at an unnamed Premier League team are all being tested for Coronavirus due to 3 players showing flu-like symptoms.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm
Boo hoo!
When it came to it. Nowt.

Dry your eyes.....

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm

claretburns wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm
Confirmed that players at an unnamed Premier League team are all being tested for Coronavirus due to 3 players showing flu-like symptoms.
Confirmed where?

Meanwhile Burnley have said there will be no players at their weekly press conferences until further notice as a precaution over coronavirus.

Defender Charlie Taylor was due to appear in front of media, but a video interview will now be available through club channels.

Sean Dyche will still do his media conference as planned at approximately 1.30pm today.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm
Confirmed where?

Meanwhile Burnley have said there will be no players at their weekly press conferences until further notice as a precaution over coronavirus.

Defender Charlie Taylor was due to appear in front of media, but a video interview will now be available through club channels.

Sean Dyche will still do his media conference as planned at approximately 1.30pm today.
if you choose to label someone in a public forum "racist" you'd better have a bloody good reason to. If you dont you should apologise and retract that claim.

Labelling someone as "racist" without good reason is serious enough. But throwing round the label like confetti , also has the effect of devaluing it , in cases of real racism. People like you help to desentisise the word when real racism rears its ugly head.

If my "history speaks for itself" and / or you genuinely believe my comments were "racist" . Then I suggest you not only contact the moderators , but report me to the police and have my comments logged as a hate crime.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:17 pm
if you choose to label someone in a public forum "racist" you'd better have a bloody good reason to. If you dont you should apologise and retract that claim.

OK, you're NOT a racist. You just come across very well as one.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:31 pm

claretburns wrote:
Daily Telegraph reporting this.

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:02 pm
Markets have always gone up and down, and when they are down it's a buying opportunity. In this case, I think I'll wait a bit as there are likely to be further falls first.
It took house prices upto 10 years to recover after the financial crisis

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 pm
OK, you're NOT a racist. You just come across very well as one.
Given your posting history I realise that's about as close to an retraction/ apology as I'm ever going to get.

As for how you, yourself come across. If I had to be honest I'd , quite justifiably, be banned for using foul and abusive language. So ill refrain.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Slovakia self-isolating entirely.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:38 pm

claretburns wrote:
I wonder if it's a club who have been playing in Europe.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:34 pm
It took house prices upto 10 years to recover after the financial crisis
Again, that depends on whether you are a buyer or a seller, as to whether that's good or bad. I'm sure first time buyers will be delighted if house prices fall.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:38 pm
I wonder if it's a club who have been playing in Europe.
Nobody seems to have confirmed this yet. I can't see anything on the BBC Sports update page.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

surprised at the lack of comments regarding Trump and his travel ban, is it the way forward for all countries, it is a big step yet it's just one large region in reality after the single countries such as China/S Korea/Italy.

As an Island could we completely cut ourselves off for 2 - 4 weeks and is it going to be any better afterwards, at the moment I'm in the "you're going to get it so not much point in doing much different but have also been doing a lot more staying in and hand washing etc. after being out and also while out".

As with flu it's the elderly and the ones with underlying health issues plus of course anyone with breathing type difficulties that are going to be the worst hit

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:10 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm
surprised at the lack of comments regarding Trump and his travel ban, is it the way forward for all countries, it is a big step yet it's just one large region in reality after the single countries such as China/S Korea/Italy.

As an Island could we completely cut ourselves off for 2 - 4 weeks and is it going to be any better afterwards, at the moment I'm in the "you're going to get it so not much point in doing much different but have also been doing a lot more staying in and hand washing etc. after being out and also while out".

As with flu it's the elderly and the ones with underlying health issues plus of course anyone with breathing type difficulties that are going to be the worst hit
I post about a new report that’s headlining on Bloomberg. China are saying they have found people who have recovered still carry the virus in nasal passages for up to 5 weeks after getting better.
So just doing that will reduce numbers and then start all over again once you drop the measure.

This virus seems to be a little bugger.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Looks like it’s Leicester City!

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

Everyone should read the attached and follow the advice

claretburns
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Brendan Rodgers confirmed 3 Leicester players in isolation.

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

It seems to have spooked the markets big time.

F9E0CC69-C11D-46B8-9E82-8A56F62246A6.jpeg
F9E0CC69-C11D-46B8-9E82-8A56F62246A6.jpeg (590.63 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Attachments
BD022FD0-47F1-4B00-A2E3-211614F17C0B.jpeg
BD022FD0-47F1-4B00-A2E3-211614F17C0B.jpeg (853.46 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:10 pm
I post about a new report that’s headlining on Bloomberg. China are saying they have found people who have recovered still carry the virus in nasal passages for up to 5 weeks after getting better.
So just doing that will reduce numbers and then start all over again once you drop the measure.

This virus seems to be a little bugger.
I have got to admit this is going to be far worse than even I thought

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm

So the club was Leicester with 3 players being tested.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm
So the club was Leicester with 3 players being tested.
Only if it's on the BBC

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1029 times
Has Liked: 1521 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Chelsea cancel training according to DM.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 pm

That's not good then. Now it wouldn't surprise me if football games are closed down to the public, or even suspended altogether.

I feel so sorry for the lower league teams. Many of them will surely go out of business.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 pm
I have got to admit this is going to be far worse than even I thought
I'm not sure how. We can only all die once.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 pm

paulatky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

Everyone should read the attached and follow the advice
Thanks for the link Paulatky - I notice the author highlights South Korea as somewhere the virus "cases have exploded" - yet the deaths for South Korea are at a rate of 0.8% which is significantly lower than the rest of the world. Interesting that isn't it?

I think the reason is that the South Korean's are actively testing and promoting testing as opposed to testing only those who show symptoms, so they are "catching" an amount of the hidden population numbers that are being missed worldwide - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51836898

I believe that this approach is a good approach to fighting this, and it is going a long way to show that it isn't as deadly as the media are currently reporting. Serious, yes, Armageddon, no.