Barrymore...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
Marney&Mee
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:37 pm
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Barrymore...

Post by Marney&Mee » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:18 pm

How have they let it go on for so long. With the main detectives recent comments and the fact there were only 3 guys there, you’d have thought there’s a fair chance it was allegedly at least one of them...

How did the police not come to that conclusion there and then??

taio
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1632 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by taio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Surely it was the CPS that made the decision not to charge rather than the police.

Corky
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Been Liked: 387 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Corky » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I know this may come as a shock to some, but, you do actually need either forensic or corroborative evidence in order to prosecute someone.

Marney&Mee
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:37 pm
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Marney&Mee » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:41 pm

I’d suggest there was some forensic evidence at the time. Or there should have been had it been investigated thoroughly

Touchline
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:15 pm
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Touchline » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:42 pm

There were 9 at the party.
3 women
Barrymore and the victim
4 other men including his PA.
If you follow the critical events, even allowing for the police incompetence of disturbing the crime scene and letting his PA back to the scene, who then removed crucial evidence as Barrymore fled the scene. Its difficult to come to the conclusion that Barrymore and some or all of the 4 other men knew nothing about the events. For B to then claim several years later, on live TV that the body of the victim was intact in the pool but was then interfered with at the hospital/morgue. He claimed he had a hospital witness to this effect, which didn't materialise and the police found to be untrue.
Leads me to believe he is guilty as hell. Only interested in getting his career back on track and a despicable liar and human being.
However, that didn't stop ITV having him in the Big Brother House and interviewed at prime time by Piers Morgan.
Hopefully, one of the scumbags will break their silence and give the family the justice and closure they deserve.

taio
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1632 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by taio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm

The police acknowledged they didn't deal with the scene correctly at the time.

Corky
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Been Liked: 387 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Corky » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Marney&Mee wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:41 pm
I’d suggest there was some forensic evidence at the time. Or there should have been had it been investigated thoroughly
Perhaps you should pass this information on to the Police or CPS!!!!

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1700 times
Has Liked: 4911 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Barrymore...

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:30 pm

You'd expect forensic evidence, swabs and so, would have been taken to at least establish those involved sexually. Grim, I know, but it's the disappearance of such evidence that is baffling.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnley1989
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:19 am
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 563 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:36 pm

100% knows what happened! Weather he did anything is unknown but like has been said there’s absolutely no way this shouldn’t be sorted!

beddie
Posts: 2069
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:10 pm
Been Liked: 484 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by beddie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Perhaps the Police do know who did it but simply don't have enough evidence to pass on to the CPS, until they have they are relying one someone coming forward.

taio
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1632 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by taio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:29 pm

beddie wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:25 pm
Perhaps the Police do know who did it but simply don't have enough evidence to pass on to the CPS, until they have they are relying one someone coming forward.
They did pass to the CPS but were advised that there was insufficient evidence to charge.

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:29 pm

He really should be nearing the end of a life sentence for the murder of Stewart Lubbuck.

IanMcL
Posts: 16917
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm
Been Liked: 3391 times
Has Liked: 3885 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm
The police acknowledged they didn't deal with the scene correctly at the time.
I wonder why?

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:45 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm
The police acknowledged they didn't deal with the scene correctly at the time.
They were probably in awe at being in Barrymore's house,and forgot why they were there

taio
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1632 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by taio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:49 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm
I wonder why?
They clearly made a big error by assuming it was an accidental drowning.

Fenwick
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 pm
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Fenwick » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Are we into libel territory yet?

Billy Balfour
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 520 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm

We the great British public, eh? Made Barrymore a rich man and a household name and all because he could do an impression of the John Cleese's silly walk.

Marney&Mee
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:37 pm
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Marney&Mee » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:58 pm

Everything wasn’t awiiight at the back that night unfortunately
This user liked this post: Zlatan

tim_noone
Posts: 13357
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3394 times
Has Liked: 11854 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Innocent.

Fenwick
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 pm
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Fenwick » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 pm

All right on yer back ?

Funkydrummer
Posts: 6013
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 2196 times
Has Liked: 1489 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Sordid gatherings.

Bosscat
Posts: 8301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 6636 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:16 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm
Sordid gatherings.
Oh I don't know I used to like "Strike it Lucky" didn't find it at all sordid ;)

tim_noone
Posts: 13357
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3394 times
Has Liked: 11854 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm
Sordid gatherings.
In what way?

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 pm
Innocent.
Put the bottle away Tim,your talking outta your ass. :roll:

tim_noone
Posts: 13357
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3394 times
Has Liked: 11854 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Put the bottle away Tim,your talking outta your ass. :roll:
Pot....Kettle
This user liked this post: Steve1956

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:21 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Pot....Kettle
:lol:

Lord Beamish
Posts: 4774
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 3224 times
Has Liked: 2337 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:28 pm

No one comes to his parties anymore.

tim_noone
Posts: 13357
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3394 times
Has Liked: 11854 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Didn't he have a fine looking wife.... then "came out"?

Bosscat
Posts: 8301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 6636 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 pm
Didn't he have a fine looking wife.... then "came out"?
Bit like Schofield then.....

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm
Bit like Schofield then.....
They never have big fat ugly ones do they?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Posts: 8301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 6636 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm

No its usually the other way round
164556285.jpg
164556285.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm
No its usually the other way round 164556285.jpg
Which ones Johhny?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bop
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 309 times
Location: Sandbach

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Bop » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:06 pm

You’d have thought the police would have got to the bottom of it by now.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Bosscat

rob63
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:15 pm
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 391 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by rob63 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Barryless for me

houseboy
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1591 times
Has Liked: 1263 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Barrymore...

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 pm

Seems weird that so many on here know so much more than the police. I wonder why? Mmm!

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1700 times
Has Liked: 4911 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Barrymore...

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 am

Corruption ?
A cover-up ?
Incompetence ?

Just three wild guesses.....
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1956
Posts: 8740
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2857 times
Has Liked: 1419 times
Location: Fife

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 am

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 pm
Seems weird that so many on here know so much more than the police. I wonder why? Mmm!
One of those guys if not all of them smashed that guys backdoor in Ian its not rocket science even for us simpletons on here.

houseboy
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1591 times
Has Liked: 1263 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Barrymore...

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:17 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 am
One of those guys if not all of them smashed that guys backdoor in Ian its not rocket science even for us simpletons on here.
My point is Steve so many with no knowledge at all of what went on that night seem to have all the answers. Was there a cover up? Who knows. Did anyone get away with murder, literally? Possibly. But the FACT is that no-one on here is privy to any real facts and yet just make accusations and come up with their own answers. It is possbile that people on this site are right but it is just as possible that they are not. If people want to make assumptions about it and voice opinions that is one thing, but to make statements of fact without any facts at all is just a bit wrong.

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1700 times
Has Liked: 4911 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Barrymore...

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 am

I can't see any theories on here that have been put forward as "facts" other than those failings admitted to by the police or CPS.
Possibilities, yes, facts - no.

Lord Beamish
Posts: 4774
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 3224 times
Has Liked: 2337 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am

Barrymore was a Patsy. Lubbock was shot in the anus from the grassy knoll, just behind Barrymore’s picket fence, by a team of snipers from Operation Mongoose....

....or something.

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1700 times
Has Liked: 4911 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Barrymore...

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm
Bit like Schofield then.....
Schofield's wife is "fine-looking" ?

tim_noone
Posts: 13357
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3394 times
Has Liked: 11854 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by tim_noone » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:29 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am
Schofield's wife is "fine-looking" ?
Think the emphasis was on "Schofield" coming out. I'm sure you knew that Eddie :D

houseboy
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1591 times
Has Liked: 1263 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Barrymore...

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 am
I can't see any theories on here that have been put forward as "facts" other than those failings admitted to by the police or CPS.
Possibilities, yes, facts - no.
I disagree mate. A few quotes:

Guilty as hell.
100% knows what's happened.
He really should be nearing the end of a life sentence.
They (the police) clearly made a big error.
Sordid gatherings.

This is just from a cursery look back over the thread and does not include quite a number of posts that 'infer' guilt.

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 2462
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1207 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Should make it an episode of Columbo. 90 minutes later it would be solved.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Posts: 8301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 6636 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:52 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 pm
Should make it an episode of Columbo. 90 minutes later it would be solved.
Or "Midsomer Murders" Barnaby would sort it no problems....

Lord Beamish
Posts: 4774
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 3224 times
Has Liked: 2337 times

Re: Barrymore...

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:51 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 pm
Should make it an episode of Columbo. 90 minutes later it would be solved.
In fairness, Columbo usually solves the case in the first few minutes and then spends the rest of the episode badgering the Perp until the finally confess, just to get some peace and quiet.

Post Reply