Dr Sara Ward to replace Neil Hart

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32372 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

Dr Sara Ward to replace Neil Hart

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Burnley FC in the Community is delighted to announce the appointment of Dr. Sara Ward to the role of Chief Executive Officer.

Sara joins the official charity of Burnley FC from University Academy 92 in Manchester, where she holds the position of Dean of Academic Studies.

Brian Nelson, Chair of Trustees for Burnley FC in the Community said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Sara to Burnley Football Club to take on this critical role.

“Sara comes with over 25 years’ experience of working in sport, education and business. Throughout what was a rigorous recruitment process, she was the standout candidate.

“I have total belief in Sara's ability to build on the amazing work that has already been achieved at Burnley FC in the Community and that she will embrace the exciting new challenge of this hugely important job.”

Dr. Ward said: "I am truly honoured and privileged to have been appointed Burnley FC in the Community's new Chief Executive Officer.

“What Neil Hart, the Board of Trustees and their wonderful team have achieved over a short period of time is remarkable and inspirational.

“I am looking forward to maximising what has already been actioned in the local community.”

Prior to her role at University Academy 92, Sara worked at Manchester Metropolitan University for 10 years, covering all aspects of teaching and learning in sports management, sports participation, coaching and sport leadership.

Sara, who also has a PhD from Manchester Metropolitan University’s Business School, will begin her role as Chief Executive Officer of Burnley FC in the Community on 4th May 2020.

She will take over from Neil Hart, who was recently appointed Chief Executive Officer of Burnley FC.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1049 times

Re: Dr Sara Ward to replace Neil Hart

Post by CleggHall » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm

A very well-qualified person, excellent appointment (we hope!)

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:49 pm

What was the transfer fee?😁

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 pm

University Academy 92 is Gary Neville’s recent venture. Based right across from Old Trafford Cricket Ground.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1039 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Tony, what's this I'm hearing about Calico taking over the running, and redundancies at BFC in the Community ??

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:44 pm
Tony, what's this I'm hearing about Calico taking over the running, and redundancies at BFC in the Community ??
Don’t think they are taking over the community, just the kitchen. It seems to be Neil Hart’s parting gift, don’t think he was ever too supportive of the community having that facility. We’ve had fantastic support from the kitchen staff with the foodbank collections but precious little from the community itself. After four months of collections, the chairman of the community admitted to us that he didn’t even know we were doing the collections.

Whatever happens, and whenever it happens, the collections will continue because the people in need will still be there. We will just be like the other supporter organisations across English football in collecting for independent foodbanks.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:07 am

It seems ridiculous that BFC in the community don’t want to get involved In the food banks. The fact the chairman doesn’t even know about it is strange.

The food banks serves the community and the food is collected around the turf on match days. Surely BFC in the community would want to be involved in it.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am

I too am disappointed in the CEO's lack of awareness! :(

:roll:

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:23 am

If i didn't read this message board I wouldn't know about the collections as I don't walk past any going to the ground
Is there more than one food bank in the town? Perhaps the community didn't want to show favour, or maybe just wanted it to be independent from anything, I don't know, but there will be a reason iam sure.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 am

Inchy wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:07 am
It seems ridiculous that BFC in the community don’t want to get involved In the food banks. The fact the chairman doesn’t even know about it is strange.

The food banks serves the community and the food is collected around the turf on match days. Surely BFC in the community would want to be involved in it.
Not a surprise, won't give anything to BFCitc. You can bang on about it being 'seperate' from the club all you want. Fact is, its based there, it uses the same badge. if they don't want to be involved in the kitchen they won't be, probably because they weren't making anything from it.

Fact is, they go on about needing this and needing that, you can't even go to a football match now without someone shaking a bucket at you.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 pm

:?: :?: The big question....

S air a or S are a

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:11 pm