ARTICLE: Clarets confirm Gibson situation

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clarets confirm Gibson situation

Post by MACCA » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 am

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 am
You are on one this morning Macca !!

Everyone (including SD) knows that Dyche makes mistakes - who doesn’t ?
Gibson turned out to be a mistake - which is even harder to prevent / predict.
Maybe SD / Garlick are aware of mistakes they made when buying Gibson, Vydra, Walters etc in terms of their research on the player or rationale for buying these players being different to some of their other purchases ?
Or maybe they acted in exactly the same way as they did with all the transfers that have turned out well and this is just the way it is with Gibson etc ?

Football with or without the kind of money we have had recently is just one succession of mistakes for all clubs - you just try and make less than other clubs and hope the good stuff you do outweighs the mistakes !!

I'm on one?
I cant see an issue with what's gone on, I doubt SD has made this decision without having the clubs best interests at heart.
I'm sure some people go round thinking Mr Dyche makes decisions purely to jeopardise our performance, points tally or club.

I'll not try to dissect the rest, you're probably right.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 am

MACCA wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 am
I'm on one?
I cant see an issue with what's gone on, I doubt SD has made this decision without having the clubs best interests at heart.
I'm sure some people go round thinking Mr Dyche makes decisions purely to jeopardise our performance, points tally or club.

I'll not try to dissect the rest, you're probably right.
I thought you were being sarcastic saying he does not make mistakes....and I was kind of agreeing with you that making mistakes is inevitable !!
Maybe we just have a different way of saying the same thing !

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 am

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 am
I thought you were being sarcastic saying he does not make mistakes....and I was kind of agreeing with you that making mistakes is inevitable !!
Maybe we just have a different way of saying the same thing !
It's not business as such, but if there was someone upsetting the apple cart, not pulling their weight or jeopardising the production in some way on the team, I'm sure the manager would take some sort of action.

That's all Mr Dyche has done hear.
Hes dealt with this issue with probably Gibson's, the team and the clubs best interests at heart.

He could have done far worse and stuck him on gardening leave, however that would have negatively affected both the player and the club.

I cant see what else he could have done whilst protecting all parties the best way possible.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:06 am

Quite a few posters trying to lay the blame on Dyche or at the foot of the clubs door.

I personally think it's 100% Gibson's and Middlesborough's fault.

If he was my son i would be telling him to really buckle down, graft hard & force your way into the team. He is within touching distance of being a Premier League star with England potential.
He has now probably destroyed any hope of having a future in any big club.
What amazes me most is the fact that Middlesborough have allowed him to train with them, unless of course, it's with Burnleys consent.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:11 am

MACCA wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 am
It's not business as such, but if there was someone upsetting the apple cart, not pulling their weight or jeopardising the production in some way on the team, I'm sure the manager would take some sort of action.

That's all Mr Dyche has done hear.
Hes dealt with this issue with probably Gibson's, the team and the clubs best interests at heart.

He could have done far worse and stuck him on gardening leave, however that would have negatively affected both the player and the club.

I cant see what else he could have done whilst protecting all parties the best way possible.
I know what you mean.
We could have suspended him but that might have ended up difficult legally for us.
None of us know the full details of what’s gone on and probably never will but like you say why would Dyche do anything else other than what he feels is best for the club and the rest of the team ?
And he would also have I’m sure spoken to Garlick on this to get his agreement that this was the best course of action. I doubt this will have just blown up in one incident - it will have been coming over a period of time and series of things Gibson has done.

NickBFC
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 291 times

Post by NickBFC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 am

A really disappointing situation for us, I don't think you can blame the club/Dyche. He was probably signed as we thought Ben Mee was off, so the club quite rightly acted and bought a decent replacement. Our only mistake was signing him before the Mee situation was resolved, but that's football and timings are often not ideal. The fact is, Gibson hasn't performed when he has been given a chance - and Mee/Tarks have the for most part not only played well, but not suffered injuries/suspensions. This happens. Gibson can count himself a little unlucky perhaps, but to train with another club shows where his heart is. He is obviously a Boro boy and looks like he'll struggle playing anywhere else. Bad egg? Maybe, but IMO clearly unprofessional. I just hope we recoup a reasonable fee in the summer but this smacks of damaged goods to me.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:21 am

Nonayforever wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:06 am
Quite a few posters trying to lay the blame on Dyche or at the foot of the clubs door.

I personally think it's 100% Gibson's and Middlesborough's fault.

If he was my son i would be telling him to really buckle down, graft hard & force your way into the team. He is within touching distance of being a Premier League star with England potential.
He has now probably destroyed any hope of having a future in any big club.
What amazes me most is the fact that Middlesborough have allowed him to train with them, unless of course, it's with Burnleys consent.
I don't think any Premier league side looking at Gibson will be put off by this tbh. Someone could get an absolute bargain this summer. A highly rated player who has a massive point to prove and will be champing at the bit to play some football. Just a shame it didn't work out for him with us.
Last edited by jrgbfc on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 am

Damned right they will and correctly so.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:23 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 am
I agree a great time to be a fan but look at the amount of money being wasted and what would happen if we were a league below and also now pleading poverty.

Recruitment has been very poor for a couple of years and no one on here should be saying anything different but of course they will.

Damned right they will and correctly so.

ecc
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am

TBH we are one of the few clubs - I think - that wouldn't have made some sort of statement following this development. It's Kafkaesque.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 am

Odd that it is not on the club website.

My only passing thought is that being in the Burnley team offers excellent prospect of regular football. Being in the Burnley squad, for the rest, means not playing a part on a match day. Other teams seem to be more flexible (it appears). Not sure which is best. Happy to trust the manager, however, if I was contemplating a move to Burnley....I would think twice, unless I was a world star who fitted our style and was super fit!!

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am

There’s no point signing for Burnley unless you are prepared to buckle down, work very hard in training and wait for your chance and then take it. Look at Ward, Tarkowski and Pope. It didn’t do them any harm. Doesn’t matter how good or big a signing you think you are. He has been injured which is unlucky but the players in front have done well. If you spit your dummy out or mouth off to the press and your agent you are hardly likely to feature under Dyche.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by JohnMac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 am

All this talk of money wasted is a moot point. It isn't supporters money and we aren't as yet back in the Championship. With Gibson and Vydra in the team results wouldn't realistically be much, if any different.

It's like seeing a car, buying it then realising it isn't really that good.