Hendrick

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Touchline
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Hendrick

Post by Touchline » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:53 pm

To suggest that his match winning pass to Vydra was ‘wayward’ has really shot your credibility. I suggest you review again on MOTD or similar. He picked out Vydra who was calling for it. Put his right foot across it to achieve backspin which made it much easier to control than a ball hit at pace. So, either you’re fishing or you’re clueless.
Jeff has a good game today and he will be badly missed. Also JBG has done very little for sometime now but doesn’t attract the criticism that Jeff does.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat longsidepies

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

A great game as usual.We need to get the contract signed up
This user liked this post: Bosscat

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:09 pm

I was at the game today with a very decent view. Hendrick had an excellent game. He did a huge amount of covering and tidying up, got involved in a few decent moves forward and played the killer ball in for Vydra.

I cant see how anybody who has a good (or even moderate) understanding of football could say he was poor.
These 6 users liked this post: Bosscat Woodleyclaret Aclaret SussexDon1inIreland The Enclosure Taffy on the wing

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Well there are a few weapons on these forums and this thread has brought them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

"A wayward long ball to Vydra" ffs get a bloody pair of specs from specsavers now :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Whining about Dean Marney" ffs the lads retired and left us 2 years ago plus he was probably when fit the best no nonsense midfielder in a few years :lol:

Now I don't profess to be Jeffs biggest fan (JBG if fit everytime) but he does a lot of bloody hard work for little reward and a lot of abuse from our Troll element....

If he decides to move on fair do's .... but I would rather he signed a contract as he has a lot more to offer in a Claret Shirt at BFC

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Jeff is ok. Nothing more really and could be replaced with better. If he stays that’s fine. If he leaves that’s fine too, good ball to Vydra for the winner.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 pm

I hope we can tie him down to another contract, personally think he's a really good squad member, doubt we could replace him for similar money.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Aclaret

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Holy sh-it....”wayward ball” ?
Everybody is entitled to opinions but you know a player can do no right in some peoples eyes when a great pass is described like that.

As for bringing back JBG we are very lucky to have had Jeff in the last 12 months because JBG has done nothing - injured most of the time and when fit hard to think of one single good game he has had. Will probably get himself fit for Iceland and then come back injured again.

If Jeff leaves as expected then JBG is not showing any signs of being the answer.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Post by Bertiebeehead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:50 pm

I love Jeff.
There, I’ve said it no taking it back.
Jeff
Jeff
Jeff
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:55 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm
Thought he was poor again apart from the ball to vydra - a proper wide player would have had a tap in and a third goal
I thought non Burnley fans were being eradicated from this forum?

Suppose not this fella is still posting :(
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Taffy on the wing

Burypaddy
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Burypaddy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Just got back and read this crap. Jeff put a shift in which doesnt make him popular with supporters but it does with his teamates which counts
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Aclaret SussexDon1inIreland

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:47 pm

A really valuable member of the squad
But, wanted to go last summer till the club exercised the option of an extra year on his contract - seems to be really p!ssed off with the personal criticism of this message board
Unfortunately, expect him to move on this summer
But Brownhill will step up next year

clarethead
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by clarethead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Thank goodness, we never had these message boards in the nineteen eighties... we don't know how good we have it!

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 pm

After watching MoTD and seeing that pass from Jeff again for the winning goal anybody who thinks that was “wayward” is to put it lightly f’in embarrassing.
Sometimes you cannot get away with comments by saying it’s just a different opinion - and this is definitely one of those times.
He takes his time and chips the ball deliberately and strikes it true - there is absolutely nothing whatsoever which suggests it’s lucky or wayward.

The comment is just as stupid and inaccurate as me saying that it was the best pass ever made in the history of football (just because I think Jeff has been decent for us)

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Lovely ball from Hendrick. A little bit of back spin to slow it made it easer for Vydra to take. Great finish.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:59 pm
Nobody criticised John Deary. Well not when he could hear them.
Deary was a great player and yes the standard we were playing at wasn't that wonderful, but he was head and shoulders above that level and a big reason why we walked the division. Marney? Ok, MAYBE a headless chicken, but that's debatable, but they really are not comparable imo.

bfcwest
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 85 times

Post by bfcwest » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Hendrick does some good work off the ball, and occasionally on the ball. But usually when he gets it he runs up a dead end, gets eased off the ball, or over hits a pass. He is not as good as some of you seem to think he is, but he certainly doesn't deserve some of the stick he gets.

He fits Dyche's system and runs around a lot, and this keeps many of us happy. But in most creative teams at this level or the Championship he would be found out. He strikes me as a bit 'simple', but we love a trier. I think we could do better, but I appreciate what Jeff has been a key part of at Burnley.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:33 pm

Key difference is I am here, on a Burnley FC messageboard discussing a players performance. If I (or any fan for that matter) wants to make a post saying another player is playing crap or being a passenger I see no offence to that at all. I am not posting in reply to Jeff himself am I? Or am I?

Making a post on a fans message board in criticism to Hendrick playing poorly does not necessarily mean I am one of the idiots in the stand complaining or booing him publicly, in fact, at games I give my 100% support to every Burnley player.

What I don't get is the constant battle to get one over each other when we are all in the same boat only because we don't share one opinion. To start making personal insults that I'm blind, an ******* idiot or wasn't watching really is an insult to another fan. I don't get the need to snipe and bully others, we have already seen evidence of what that comes to here on the forum in the past.

Yes Jeff made an important pass when it counted but it could have been any other pass, from any other player, it just happened to be that one that pulled off. We had been playing those kind of balls all game. Apart from that one pass I felt he was very poor and offered precious little throughout the game.

I'd suggest you guys take a long hard look at yourself and think twice before posting. I really thought this kind of thing ended when I left school...

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 am

superdimitri wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:33 pm
Key difference is I am here, on a Burnley FC messageboard discussing a players performance. If I (or any fan for that matter) wants to make a post saying another player is playing crap or being a passenger I see no offence to that at all. I am not posting in reply to Jeff himself am I? Or am I?

Making a post on a fans message board in criticism to Hendrick playing poorly does not necessarily mean I am one of the idiots in the stand complaining or booing him publicly, in fact, at games I give my 100% support to every Burnley player.

What I don't get is the constant battle to get one over each other when we are all in the same boat only because we don't share one opinion. To start making personal insults that I'm blind, an ******* idiot or wasn't watching really is an insult to another fan. I don't get the need to snipe and bully others, we have already seen evidence of what that comes to here on the forum in the past.

Yes Jeff made an important pass when it counted but it could have been any other pass, from any other player, it just happened to be that one that pulled off. We had been playing those kind of balls all game. Apart from that one pass I felt he was very poor and offered precious little throughout the game.

I'd suggest you guys take a long hard look at yourself and think twice before posting. I really thought this kind of thing ended when I left school...
..at 3:30pm on Friday?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:10 am

It is a pity Jeff Hendrick is not on loan to us.

There would be a universal cry of, "sign him up".

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:14 am

Longsidebogs wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Jeff is ok. Nothing more really and could be replaced with better. If he stays that’s fine. If he leaves that’s fine too, good ball to Vydra for the winner.
We still on for Relegation Andrew?

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:44 am

I think Dyche should bring Luca Brasi to the next contract meeting with Jeff.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I just don't understand how some people can't see Hendrick's attributes. He gets through such a lot of unnoticed work but has also scored some crucial goals.

Yesterday, his pass to Vydra was the result first of his pass to Tarky who returned the ball to him. Hendrick then looked up, saw Vyds calling for it and immediately released a brilliant pass to him. Vyds did the rest as they say.

I think Hendrick is a player who's talents and graft will only really be recognised after he's gone. He does the hard yards but not usually spectactularly. Marney was the same. Not many appreciated his ability when he was here but boy, do I wish we had a Marney now. Great player.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:23 pm
I just don't understand how some people can't see Hendrick's attributes. He gets through such a lot of unnoticed work but has also scored some crucial goals.

Yesterday, his pass to Vydra was the result first of his pass to Tarky who returned the ball to him. Hendrick then looked up, saw Vyds calling for it and immediately released a brilliant pass to him. Vyds did the rest as they say.

I think Hendrick is a player who's talents and graft will only really be recognised after he's gone. He does the hard yards but not usually spectactularly. Marney was the same. Not many appreciated his ability when he was here but boy, do I wish we had a Marney now. Great player.
Hiya GD is it still as caustic on the Blackburnegraph

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 pm
Holy sh-it....”wayward ball” ?
Everybody is entitled to opinions but you know a player can do no right in some peoples eyes when a great pass is described like that.

As for bringing back JBG we are very lucky to have had Jeff in the last 12 months because JBG has done nothing - injured most of the time and when fit hard to think of one single good game he has had. Will probably get himself fit for Iceland and then come back injured again.

If Jeff leaves as expected then JBG is not showing any signs of being the answer.
Jbg had a very good game against Southampton at home, to say hes done nothing for 12 months is a tad harsh.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:13 pm

"..........What I don't get is the constant battle to get one over each other when we are all in the same boat only because we don't share one opinion. To start making personal insults that I'm blind, an ******* idiot or wasn't watching really is an insult to another fan. I don't get the need to snipe and bully others, we have already seen evidence of what that comes to here on the forum in the past........."
superdimitri wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 pm
Was a big fan of Marney. To compare him to Hendrick is like chalk to cheese. I'd suggest you're the one who's blind my friend.
Who is calling who blind? Oh, it is you!

My comment was a general one saying that there are none so blind as those who will not see, however, you seemed to think that this referred to you --self-incrimination does not help one's cause when beefing about personal insults ---does it? I also don't get the need to snipe and bully others which is why I made a general comment which you took personally. It's not all about you because there are lots of fans who dislike Hendrick, just as there were lots who disliked Marney in his early days at the club, I sit amongst many of them and it is horrible to listen to the silly comments ---Hendrick even got abuse from a few when he scored the winner against Everton!

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Not after this week-end Boss. Not a peep from the troll, and not much from the 'Barsteward Telegraph' either.

Hope Vyds gets a start against Bournemouth. I've been a fan of his since before we even signed him, as you know.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Shore claret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Jbg had a very good game against Southampton at home, to say hes done nothing for 12 months is a tad harsh.
He had a good second half v Southampton - sorry I forgot !
He’s had injury after injury in last 12 months and when he does come back it takes him a couple of games to get up to speed then get injured again.

I’d love to get back the JBG from a couple of years ago - he was great but what I do think is harsh is for fans to praise JBG and criticise Hendrick who has hardly ever been injured since he joined the club, played several different positions, scored some key goals and when he came back into the side out wide last January when we were in massive trouble was an integral part of that great second half of the season...when JBG has played virtually no part in the last year (albeit mainly because of injuries)

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:37 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:49 pm
He had a good second half v Southampton - sorry I forgot !
He’s had injury after injury in last 12 months and when he does come back it takes him a couple of games to get up to speed then get injured again.

I’d love to get back the JBG from a couple of years ago - he was great but what I do think is harsh is for fans to praise JBG and criticise Hendrick who has hardly ever been injured since he joined the club, played several different positions, scored some key goals and when he came back into the side out wide last January when we were in massive trouble was an integral part of that great second half of the season...when JBG has played virtually no part in the last year (albeit mainly because of injuries)
Since the thug at Lincoln assaulted him , he just cant seem to keep fit, we always seem to have a player that seems to get a bit of stick but compared to years ago he doesnt get much abuse

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Playing with a lot of confidence at the moment, pass was a peach, don’t like him as a centre mid as he’s too attacking and doesn’t hold his position, wasting his time going to Celtic to a tin pot league, needs to get us in the europa again , hopefully we have the budget to get him signed up, is he going to be getting more money at Celtic?

I wonder who will come in for him should he run his contract down further.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:50 pm

The suggestion that JBG has done nothing for 12 months is equally as stupid as the suggestion that Hendrick was rubbish yesterday.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Sadly, JBG has only started 8 PL games for us in the last 12 months and we won 10 points in those games.
He has come on as sub in 12 other games and we have picked up 12 points in those games.

He really has been dogged by his injuries but that is one of the hazards of football.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Giftonsnoidea wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Playing with a lot of confidence at the moment, pass was a peach, don’t like him as a centre mid as he’s too attacking and doesn’t hold his position, wasting his time going to Celtic to a tin pot league, needs to get us in the europa again , hopefully we have the budget to get him signed up, is he going to be getting more money at Celtic?

I wonder who will come in for him should he run his contract down further.
I'd be amazed if Celtic could match what we'll be offering him. It's a funny one, he might get a bit more money elsewhere but is he going to get as much game time if he goes to another Premier league club?

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:12 pm

He's neither the worst nor the best, so there!

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:16 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:50 pm
The suggestion that JBG has done nothing for 12 months is equally as stupid as the suggestion that Hendrick was rubbish yesterday.
Sorry how many assists and goals has he had in last 12 months ?
He’s been a shadow of his previous form / potential. More accurate is that has done little - and been unavailable a lot and even when available he’s been getting back to fitness for a lot of the games.
During this period Hendrick has been available every game and there’s probably only Mee & Tarks who you could say that about.

The real point is for those who don’t rate Jeff and saying JBG is a better / more valuable to us then it’s a good job we had Jeff in the last 12 months and were not forced to rely on JBG..or Lennon or Brady....etc etc

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Hendrick has started 34 PL games in the last 12 months and we have picked up 51 points in those matches.
He has come on as sub in 4 matches and scored the equalizer at Brighton to help towards the 5 point we have gained in those 4 matches.

This season he has started 19 matches out of 26 and we have gained 29 points in those games. He scored the winer against Everton and, as stated above, he came on as sub at Brighton and gained another point for us with his late equalizer.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm
Hendrick has started 34 PL games in the last 12 months and we have picked up 51 points in those matches.
He has come on as sub in 4 matches and scored the equalizer at Brighton to help towards the 5 point we have gained in those 4 matches.

This season he has started 19 matches out of 26 and we have gained 29 points in those games. He scored the winer against Everton and, as stated above, he came on as sub at Brighton and gained another point for us with his late equalizer.
You're only saying that to prove he is good!

...and the facts and vision confirm that.

claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by claretnproud » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:37 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm
Thought he was crap as usual. A passenger in the game. One long ball payed off due to a lot of work by Vydra. Sorry but I won't be worried when he moves on.
Hendrick one of our most consistent players who works back tirelessly to help out in the right back position. We miss him badly when not available. your post was foolish and ridiculous dimitri.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm
You're only saying that to prove he is good!

...and the facts and vision confirm that.
Ian, I have never been into points scoring and I am way too old to start bothering about it now, however, I do enjoy giving facts and those given are relevant to the man under discussion and, as you correctly say "and the facts and vision confirm that."
He has been a good servant to the club for the past three and a half seasons and has played a part in 119 PL matches out of a possible 137 since he signed for us. I don't think that he will be here next season.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Hes a winger in the airfield and boyd mould who provides great protection to the full back he is playing in front of and also contributes going forwards.

Maybe less skill and quality than arfield at his peak, but has contributed massively to our sustained success and a valued member of the squad. Dyche knows exactly what he's going to get from him and it's not always spectacular but he's certainly the best we have in that position with JBG being unable to keep fit and Brady / Lennon not offering as much defensively.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:14 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm
I'd be amazed if Celtic could match what we'll be offering him. It's a funny one, he might get a bit more money elsewhere but is he going to get as much game time if he goes to another Premier league club?
He should sign his contract and become a burnley great, wasting his time on someone’s subs bench, even on a slightly bigger wage, I can’t really imagine anywhere else apart from Bournemouth maybe who knows.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:47 am

claretnproud wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:37 pm
Hendrick one of our most consistent players who works back tirelessly to help out in the right back position. We miss him badly when not available. your post was foolish and ridiculous dimitri.
Well I beg to differ, but that is what opinions are about I guess. I'm grateful though that you don't resort to any personal insults or bullying though, thanks.
Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:13 pm
"..........What I don't get is the constant battle to get one over each other when we are all in the same boat only because we don't share one opinion. To start making personal insults that I'm blind, an ******* idiot or wasn't watching really is an insult to another fan. I don't get the need to snipe and bully others, we have already seen evidence of what that comes to here on the forum in the past........."

Who is calling who blind? Oh, it is you!

My comment was a general one saying that there are none so blind as those who will not see, however, you seemed to think that this referred to you --self-incrimination does not help one's cause when beefing about personal insults ---does it? I also don't get the need to snipe and bully others which is why I made a general comment which you took personally. It's not all about you because there are lots of fans who dislike Hendrick, just as there were lots who disliked Marney in his early days at the club, I sit amongst many of them and it is horrible to listen to the silly comments ---Hendrick even got abuse from a few when he scored the winner against Everton!
I think you knew exactly what you were doing when you replied with your comment. No need to wriggle out of it. If you want to make snide remarks against others with a different opinion to yourself, feel free. I'd suggest maybe you spend your time doing something else if you don't enjoy the mixed debate on a forum.

Besides, it's not just you, but many people on here. Football is a game of opinions, if someone doesn't like your favourite player don't take it personally.

There's good reason Hendrick has criticism on here, and in the game. It's never right that a player is booed, but it's really not without reason...oh and I have given him praise before when he has performed well...so I am certainly not in the rate Hendrick badly no matter how he plays brigade... One pass aside, I just don't think the Southampton game he was any good and I am sure it won't be long after we replace him that we will see how much better we can be without him. He's consistent, but consistently average

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:28 am

The assist was a dangerous ball lobbed into the edge of the box that may well of been affected by 70mph wind gusts judging by the defenders allowing Vydra to get between them.
Let's not create a Beckham out of a Marney. Our Jeff is a work horse who so often loses possession being tackled, running into trouble and stray passes, but makes up for it getting back to defend. It seems a lot of his problems are caused because he doesn't lift his head up quick enough and is a second behind in his vision at Prem pace. He is a good work horse but it would be nice to have a sharper one attacking.

And if I am blind for seeing all this then shoite I must be a pchycic.
These 2 users liked this post: superdimitri AlargeClaret

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am

bfcboyo sums up Jeff well. A grafter and workhorse who while he won’t let you down is almost always running into brick walls possession wise . Along with RB it’s one of the main positions on the pitch we need to upgrade . Though the almost bizzare fantasy Jeffs fanboys have that fans boo him and abuse him on the ground are exactly that pure fantasy .

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:59 am

There are people who don't get what Hendrick offers / does

There were people who didn't get what David Jones offered /gave

They are probably the same individuals
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 am

Another plus with Hendrick is he never seems to get injured. He's extremely reliable and never let's us down. I don't think he'll be as easy to replace as some people think.
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:59 am
There are people who don't get what Hendrick offers / does

There were people who didn't get what David Jones offered /gave

They are probably the same individuals
And there are those who would have had Jones back when he was training with us way past his best. Nostalgia blinds reality.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison

If you put Hendrick and Gudmonsson head to head from 2018/2019 through to now and look at the stats they don't lie. When fit Gudmonsson is a better attacking threat and makes more assists and tackles.

Not the argument I know and I wouldn't like to see Hendrick leave but we could have a slightly better option in that area . I wouldn't want an all out attacking player but someone who gets stuck in like Hendrick and Gudmonsson but more frugal with possession and with more attacking nouse.

Hendrick has been brilliant and has stepped up to a new role to the best of his ability but if people think that he can't be imporoved on then there really is no hope. Keep Hendrick as a bit of a utility man play Gudmonsson when fit and sign a new right sided player to bring through possibly off loading Lennon.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 am

If we have to keep one of Lennon or Brady, I'd rather keep Lennon. At least Lennon grafts even if he has no end product. Brady just constantly gifts the ball to the opposition through trying to be cleverer than he is.

Personallly, I don't think either of them are good enough for our continually evolving and improving team.

C'mon you PL Clarets.
Last edited by Gordaleman on Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:48 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 am
If we have to keep one of Lennon or Brady, I'd rather keep Lennon. At least Lennon grafts even if he has no end product. Brady just constantly gifts the ball to the opposition through trying to be cleverer than he is.

Personallly, I don't think either of them are good enough for our continually evolving and improving team.

C'mon you PL Claretes.
Think your final paragraph says it all,really.

Sarum
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 323 times

Post by Sarum » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am

Being in the right place to intercept and/or win possession back is one of JH's biggest assets, just as he did a few moments before supplying that beautifully weighted through ball for Matej. It's not the first time that he and MV have combined to produce a brilliant (and crucial) goal (e.g. away at BHA).

Unfortunately his final ball can be frustratingly variable in quality, to the point where his detractors can't wait for the next mistake and another excuse to barrack him.

People have commented here that the abuse he gets from some could be a factor in him not signing a new contract (yet). But it's also been noted that his agent feels he can get a better deal elsewhere. Negativity from fans has probably rung in his ears at times, but in today's football world money often speaks loudest. Maybe it's a combination of the two in JH's case.

Buxton is spot on with his comment that in the last few games he's more than proved his worth. And whilst that might be due simply to hitting a good patch of form/playing in a position that brings out his best, his contract situation might also be playing a major part in this. On the one hand it could strengthen his negotiating position with Burnley (if he has any interest in staying) or, alternatively, he may be aware that other clubs are now watching his performances closely.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Does anybody actually abuse him who posts on here I don't I cheer him on as much as he can frustrate. Brady looks to have lost it but under Dyche never write a player off while they can still run and kick.