Caroline Flack found deceased

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 727 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Re: Caroline Flack found deceased

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:26 pm
Awww. I got under your skin, didn’t I?
An early candidate for goon of the year award to Lord Beamish. Found to make a foolish comment and decides to turn it into a trolling trip as a get out clause. On this thread of all threads. Remarkable stuff. Shows what we are up against on this very board.
These 4 users liked this post: Fazz Zlatan ksrclaret Tinribs

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:55 pm

And everyone wonders why Harry has taken his wife away even if she does appear to be hard work! UK press AGAIN

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Absolutely hounded by the press and dumped by itv.. feel for her but saddened and shocked by her death, total waste of life.. rip
True, makes you wonder why people put themselves in that position to begin with, eg the people who get all the twitter abuse etc, some people would just come off it (not that you should have to) but the answer is staring at you in the face but people remain on it persisting with the same problem.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm

Fez wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm
The media has caused this and its such a shame that our countries newspapers sell their papers by attacking people.
Unfortunately they know that's what a lot of people want to read. Can guarantee the Sun will be full of tributes on Monday, after spending the last few weeks hounding her.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm
Unfortunately they know that's what a lot of people want to read. Can guarantee the Sun will be full of tributes on Monday, after spending the last few weeks hounding her.
And you can also guarantee that their sales will go up as a result. Is the problem The Sun or a society that sees things like this as ‘entertainment’?

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 pm
True, makes you wonder why people put themselves in that position to begin with, eg the people who get all the twitter abuse etc, some people would just come off it (not that you should have to) but the answer is staring at you in the face but people remain on it persisting with the same problem.
I think that it is a bit of an addiction to some folk.

Like this forum is to some folk (I'm not being arsey here).
These 2 users liked this post: Jakubclaret Bosscat

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 pm
I think that it is a bit of an addiction to some folk.

Like this forum is to some folk (I'm not being arsey here).
Very true maybe for some people that could well be the case, I guess if you let people wind you up some sensitive souls would take it personally.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 727 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:10 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm
The amount of people who thrive off celebrity culture (particularly the younger generation)s alarming and it is this that fuels the media need to be too intrusive. As long as there is the demand for it they will continue to do it. This combined with the need to be "heard" in any way possible..usually by being impersonal and controversial all adds to the pot. Things will not change unless the rules on social media and press intrusion change. Woe betide if you are an imperfect person AND a celebrity in these times.
A lot of those saying how sorry they are simply cannot see that they are part of the problem. Eager to know every detail of a celebrities life whilst incapbable of managing their own imperfect life in many cases.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:27 pm

The whole celebrity culture and the public craving for gossip, tittle-tattle and the desperation to know everything about everyone is frankly ludicrous.

Celebrities are happy to use the tabloids to promote them, and they should know that this is because it is to the benefit of the tabloids themselves. They need to be prepared for the press to use negative stories as well to sell paper (or get clicks, as it is these days).

No doubt there will be lots of hot air about press standards and how they need to change their ways as a result of this (for about the 1000th time) but **** all will change. As long as the public lap this **** up, the press will continue to publish it. And it seems to public appetite for it is only growing stronger.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:45 pm
An early candidate for goon of the year award to Lord Beamish. Found to make a foolish comment and decides to turn it into a trolling trip as a get out clause. On this thread of all threads. Remarkable stuff. Shows what we are up against on this very board.
That’s me told.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:38 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:27 pm
The whole celebrity culture and the public craving for gossip, tittle-tattle and the desperation to know everything about everyone is frankly ludicrous.

Celebrities are happy to use the tabloids to promote them, and they should know that this is because it is to the benefit of the tabloids themselves. They need to be prepared for the press to use negative stories as well to sell paper (or get clicks, as it is these days).

No doubt there will be lots of hot air about press standards and how they need to change their ways as a result of this (for about the 1000th time) but **** all will change. As long as the public lap this **** up, the press will continue to publish it. And it seems to public appetite for it is only growing stronger.
True, it’s difficult to disagree with that post, it’s mostly the younger generation this applies to, chances are the older generation wouldn’t know much about Caroline flack or at the best some might have heard her name mentioned, this love island & similar type of programmes celebrity get me out of here & all that jazz as no appeal, it’s not the older folk buying into this or encouraging this & for clarification I’m not suggesting you are implying it is.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:38 pm
True, it’s difficult to disagree with that post, it’s mostly the younger generation this applies to, chances are the older generation wouldn’t know much about Caroline flack or at the best some might have heard her name mentioned, this love island & similar type of programmes celebrity get me out of here & all that jazz as no appeal, it’s not the older folk buying into this or encouraging this & for clarification I’m not suggesting you are implying it is.
I would say that social media has contributed to it, that being a new thing probably points towards the younger generation.

Beyond her being charged for attacking her boyfriend and being replaced as Love Island host (which seemed a reasonable decision under the circumstances) I knew nothing of the press treatment of her as I simply don't read such sites/papers.

Is that an age thing? No idea, I just have no interest in it.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 pm
I would say that social media has contributed to it, that being a new thing probably points towards the younger generation, although I'm pretty sure that plenty of people my age or older are also lapping it up.

Beyond her being charged for attacking her boyfriend and being replaced as Love Island host (which seemed a reasonable decision under the circumstances) I knew nothing of the press treatment of her as I simply don't read such sites/papers.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 pm
I would say that social media has contributed to it, that being a new thing probably points towards the younger generation.

You must have to comment on here, I’d heard about her before & then attacking the boyfriend she became more notorious & that’s about it, anyway it’s a sad loss of a life in probable preventable circumstances, nothing more to add really.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 pm
You must have to comment on here, I’d heard about her before & then attacking the boyfriend she became more notorious & that’s about it, anyway it’s a sad loss of a life in probable preventable circumstances, nothing more to add really.
I have an interest in the wider issue - the public obsession with celebrity (although dislike may be a more appropriate word than interest).

I have no interest in the celebrities themselves.

claretdj
Been Liked: 284 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:26 pm
Awww. I got under your skin, didn’t I?
The poor lady has passed on in tragic circumstances & you post crap like this! You are an absolute tosspot! but do sleep well tonight.. :evil:

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:48 pm

claretdj wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 pm
The poor lady has passed on in tragic circumstances & you post crap like this! You are an absolute tosspot! but do sleep well tonight.. :evil:
Oh, do calm your tits. I’ve said nothing disrespectful about her; only that I’d no idea who she was. That seemed to get Grumps knickers in a twist, for some reason.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 pm
I have an interest in the wider issue - the public obsession with celebrity (although dislike may be a more appropriate word than interest).

I have no interest in the celebrities themselves.
She started off as a tv actress who forged a decent career as a tv presenter. She is not a celebrity in the sense of just appearing in magazines, desperately going on reality tv shows and being talentless and famous for nothing at all

By definition Sean Dyche is a celebrity and Im sure you have some interest in him

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:48 pm
Oh, do calm your tits. I’ve said nothing disrespectful about her; only that I’d no idea who she was. That seemed to get Grumps knickers in a twist, for some reason.
You should be hanged for crimes against apostrophes.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 3331 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 pm

I pretty much have no idea who she was either, but I do believe that these people ride the wave of media publicity and self promotion, but are sadly also at the mercy of that same wave when it (sometimes randomly) decides to turn against you, The same "machine" that propelled this minor, barely talented "celebrity" to fame also decided to "break" her and they could only do this if the voyeuristic British public were actually interested enough to buy into it and read about it. It's extremely sad and even sadder when you realise it's not by any means the first person driven to these lengths by "the media" and public opinion. You're better off being a nobody imo because then you might just be a REAL somebody!

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am

RIP

(as Lord Beamish seems otherwise engaged)

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 pm
She started off as a tv actress who forged a decent career as a tv presenter. She is not a celebrity in the sense of just appearing in magazines, desperately going on reality tv shows and being talentless and famous for nothing at all

By definition Sean Dyche is a celebrity and Im sure you have some interest in him
I'm not getting into a discussion about the definition of a "celebrity". I think the point I was making was fairly obvious.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:07 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
To be fair, you should have ended your participation on this thread after 'who' (which was okay for me).

Winding folk up on a dead thread is only going to bring heat.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:08 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am
I'm not getting into a discussion about the definition of a "celebrity". I think the point I was making was fairly obvious.
Yes but the public get obsessed with sports stars, musicians, actors etc basically we get obsessed with famous people and depending what you are interested in determines what famous person / celebrity interests you.

People are talking about her like she is only famous because she whored herself in the press on social media but thats not true, she became famous because of having a talent and a job that is in the public eye just like Dyche

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:09 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:07 am
To be fair, you should have ended your participation on this thread after 'who' (which was okay for me).

Winding folk up on a dead thread is only going to bring heat.
I would have done, but Grumps exposed his flank for me to harpoon. As for the heat; I can take it.

chipbutty
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:10 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
If you didn`t know who she was. why would you bother to comment such other than for attention? Just ignore the thread if you don`t know the content.
If somebody wrote a thread about an actor / footballer / singer etc that I didn`t know about then I wouldn`t waste my time commenting anything unless I was an attention seeking individual.
This user liked this post: Grumps

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:11 am

chipbutty wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:10 am
If you didn`t know who she was. why would you bother to comment such other than for attention? Just ignore the thread if you don`t know the content.
If somebody wrote a thread about an actor / footballer / singer etc that I didn`t know about then I wouldn`t waste my time commenting anything unless I was an attention seeking individual.
Because my mum didn’t give me enough attention as a child; probably.

chipbutty

Post by chipbutty » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:12 am

She achieved a few things for a "Who?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Flack

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:16 am

chipbutty wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:12 am
She achieved a few things for a "Who?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Flack
I’m sure she did. I’d just never heard of her.

chipbutty

Post by chipbutty » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:31 am

Perhaps it`s best if people don`t comment on things that they know nothing about then.
You could have Googled her as fast as posting a derogatory comment on here.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:16 am
I’m sure she did. I’d just never heard of her.
Fair dos but your coming across as a proper c**t.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1618 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:36 am

I don’t think Beamish is deserving of all this Flack.
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone Middle-agedClaret Lord Beamish simonclaret

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:38 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 pm
Who?
Nob

yTib
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 665 times

Post by yTib » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:41 am

princess dianaesque.

folk grieving droolishly over a celebrity when they wouldn't bat an eyelid if their next door neighbour, whom they have never bothered to get to know, dies.

i obviously have sympathy for her and her family because i'm not a monster but this isn't news. it is celebrity culture in its extreme.

and don't get me started on the tabloids and the torrent of tits who read them.
Last edited by yTib on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Wile E Coyote

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:43 am

chipbutty wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:31 am
Perhaps it`s best if people don`t comment on things that they know nothing about then.

That'd clear most of the threads on here then!

Joe14
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Joe14 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 am

Anyone moderating this forum????

Tinribs

Post by Tinribs » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 am

Greenmile wrote:

RIP

R u taking the **** if so your another nob

Tinribs

Post by Tinribs » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:46 am

Someone’s daughter that...shameful and not funny.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am

my elederly neighbour passed away this week, wonderful woman, but despite the inclusion in local obituaries, not one rip on here.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
my elederly neighbour passed away this week, wonderful woman, but despite the inclusion in local obituaries, not one rip on here.
did she kill herself?

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 am

oh, is that the criteria for grieving publicly ?

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 am

Greenmile wrote:

RIP

Don't know what relevancy Davina McCall has to do with this thread. Out with you.

Joe14
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Joe14 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:50 am

Moderators on here are a joke allowing this :roll:

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:53 am

RIP Wile E Coyote’s elderly neighbour

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:53 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 am
oh, is that the criteria for grieving publicly ?
Nope.

There are some absolute cocks about.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:56 am

indeed there are

yTib
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 665 times

Post by yTib » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:56 am

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
did she kill herself?
people queuing up over the outrage. and yet this horrible one sneaked by.

yes it's horrible and no her parents won't see this.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:58 am

yTib wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:56 am
people queuing up over the outrage. and yet this horrible one sneaked by.

yes it's horrible and no her parents won't see this.
well done

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:17 am

Only February and I think we’ve found our prick of the year. Step forward Lord Beamish.

Sad sad news about Flack. Heard it on the radio driving home from the game yesterday, gutted. What a horrible culture we live in.

RIP Caroline and thanks.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:04 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 pm
Who?
Back in the day people like you pretended you didn't watch Coronation Street.