Caroline Flack found deceased

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Re: Caroline Flack found deceased

Post by Zlatan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:36 am
I don’t think Beamish is deserving of all this Flack.
Who?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:15 am

Seems like the CPS are going to explain the decision to prosecute her.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 am

Amazing how many people are so outwardly outraged about this. I honestly didn't think there were that many people who had never posted posted anything negative about a famous person on the internet before

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 am

Damo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 am
Amazing how many people are so outwardly outraged about this. I honestly didn't think there were that many people who had never posted posted anything negative about a famous person on the internet before
It's probably more a case of people finding it sad when someone is desperate enough to take their own life. Irrespective of whether that person is famous or not. Rather than being outwardly outraged or whatever. And some of the same people will have had personal experience of someone who has committed suicide.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 am

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
Fair dos but your coming across as a proper c**t.
That’s a cross that I’m more than capable to bear.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 am
That’s a cross that I’m more than capable to bear.
That implies you've had a lot of practice. Shame.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:24 am

While a terrible tragedy the bizzare outpouring of “ twitter grief “ is to be expected.
And the lynch mob vilification of Murdoch and the Sun who were lavishly paid by her management /pr to mitigate her situation! not “ hound her to death” Talk about mob justice at its raging foaming misinformed worst
These 2 users liked this post: Caballo groove

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am

I can’t really understand why Lord Beamish is getting attacked and called a c**t for his views. He doesn’t know who she is, it’s not compulsory to know.

It is always sad when someone dies, no matter who or what the circumstances, but, why would anyone who doesn’t know her need to grieve?

Many years ago I worked in London for Bass, I arrived at a pub off the North end road in Fulham, to do a two week holiday relief, that evening the talk in the pub was about a young mother who had jumped to her death from an apartment block on the West Ken estate. She, apparently, had given up hope. Leaving behind her very young child. Absolutely tragic.

I don’t really understand why Caroline Flack decided she couldn’t go on, but to blame the police and the CPS is a bit of a stretch. She apparently hit him with a lamp, no matter who you are, you cannot be allowed to assault people like that. In domestic abuse cases, you cannot rely on a partner to press charges, or be an independent witness, due to the relationship. That’s why the police and CPS decided to prosecute. For far too long abuse of male partners has been taken too lightly, often laughed at, if they hadn’t prosecuted, what message would it have sent? I’m pretty sure that had he hit her with the lamp, he too, would have been prosecuted.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:50 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
I can’t really understand why Lord Beamish is getting attacked and called a c**t for his views. He doesn’t know who she is, it’s not compulsory to know.

It is always sad when someone dies, no matter who or what the circumstances, but, why would anyone who doesn’t know her need to grieve?

Many years ago I worked in London for Bass, I arrived at a pub off the North end road in Fulham, to do a two week holiday relief, that evening the talk in the pub was about a young mother who had jumped to her death from an apartment block on the West Ken estate. She, apparently, had given up hope. Leaving behind her very young child. Absolutely tragic.

I don’t really understand why Caroline Flack decided she couldn’t go on, but to blame the police and the CPS is a bit of a stretch. She apparently hit him with a lamp, no matter who you are, you cannot be allowed to assault people like that. In domestic abuse cases, you cannot rely on a partner to press charges, or be an independent witness, due to the relationship. That’s why the police and CPS decided to prosecute. For far too long abuse of male partners has been taken too lightly, often laughed at, if they hadn’t prosecuted, what message would it have sent? I’m pretty sure that had he hit her with the lamp, he too, would have been prosecuted.
It is sad and as you suggest the CPS dont pursue without good reason.

I apologise to Beamish - I shouldn't have posted that under the influence of alcohol.
This user liked this post: 4:20

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:00 am

The thing about Lord Beamish and some of his posts is that he tries to inject humour into the situation. I suspect that is his way of dealing with things. I do often chuckle at them myself, especially photos of the wrong celeb on an RIP post because I know there is a history of doing that. To someone who doesn’t know the history it can be seen as insensitive.

As far as The 5cum “newspaper” goes, they ran a story about a valentines card with “I’ll f#cking lamp you” on it aimed directly at Caroline Flack. They have now removed the story. To some, the card would have been a bit of dark humour, and I thought that too, but The 5cum’s story about it was a direct attack on the woman and I find that despicable, and the sooner that rag is closed the better.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:02 am

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:50 am
It is sad and as you suggest the CPS dont pursue without good reason.

I apologise to Beamish - I shouldn't have posted that under the influence of alcohol.
Thank you for you apology, but there was really no need. I wasn’t in any way offended.

Zlatan may be onto something. I have a singular sense of humour, and it’s not to everyone’s taste.
This user liked this post: 4:20

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:07 am

It's not that some people don't care, it's that they can't care.
A very sad ending to a life

RIP

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am

I’m curious, what has to happen for the Sun to get shut down?

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:40 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am
I’m curious, what has to happen for the Sun to get shut down?
People stopping buying it would be enough. Unfortunately because of his power the likes of Rupert Murdoch have a free reign to do whatever they like.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:40 am
People stopping buying it would be enough. Unfortunately because of his power the likes of Rupert Murdoch have a free reign to do whatever they like.
rein*
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 am

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 am
rein*
Trust you to rain on his parade.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:12 pm

Obviously it's sad when anyone dies, especially for their family and friends, that said, I can't understand why people are having a go at the police for not dropping the charges. Also, the same goes for the gutter press - it's a two way street for many reality TV 'stars' and presenters. I bet those having a go the tabloids are the very same people who read/buy them.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Heathclaret wrote:

Very well put indeed . Though calm balanced succinct posts are rarely tolerated.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:14 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 am
It's probably more a case of people finding it sad when someone is desperate enough to take their own life. Irrespective of whether that person is famous or not. Rather than being outwardly outraged or whatever. And some of the same people will have had personal experience of someone who has committed suicide.
I dont mean the people who find it sad.
I'm guessing the majority of normal minded folk find it extremely sad.
I was referring to the pitchfork brigade who are all over the internet, getting angry at all different kinds of people

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4566 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:26 pm

I must confess that I had never heard of Caroline Flack until now....

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Heathclaret wrote:

I've seen many threads on here about people I've never heard of, my first thought has always been to Google them, not to post on here....who? I doubt Beamish has ever asked that about anyone else.
Only the cps can withdraw a case once its entered the judicial system, so you need to remove the police from your argument, other than the above I agree with you

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8515 times
Has Liked: 18257 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Heathclaret wrote:

I understand what you mean but .... LB does have a habit of posting pictures of lookalikes on here with RIP xyzrecyx etc . When someone famous passes away......

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 pm
I understand what you mean but .... LB does have a habit of posting pictures of lookalikes on here with RIP xyzrecyx etc . When someone famous passes away......
Has he ever asked.....who? Before, or just this time?

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:34 pm

I'll just put this out there....too many individuals, including, social media types and the general media/press think they have a right to say what they like and to express this view in whatever medium they are associated with. But too few consider their responsibility.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 pm

flack or flak. that's the question.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm
On this occasion...he probably didn't know. Or maybe what I think your saying is better saying nowt than "Who"? But gallows Humour is pretty common place these days and acceptable on satirical TV beamed into our living Rooms. Who remembers Billy Connolly telling the Butchers to get on with it and Behead Ken Bigley ....poor man paraded worldwide in front of TV screens. They did just that!! Gallows/ Black Humour reached a new Low that Day.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 pm
On this occasion...he probably didn't know. Or maybe what I think your saying is better saying nowt than "Who"? But gallows Humour is pretty common place these days and acceptable on satirical TV beamed into our living Rooms. Who remembers Billy Connolly telling the Butchers to get on with it and Behead Ken Bigley ....poor man paraded worldwide in front of TV screens. They did just that!! Gallows/ Black Humour reached a new Low that Day.
Iam sure he did!
I don't mind dark humour, but not when somebody has died, keyboard warriors seem to have taken over the world, and I think it's time to drag it back

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm
No idea ....

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm
No idea ....
Thanks for your input
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:35 pm
Thanks for your input
Sorry Grumps ... but why ask me ... ffs I wouldn't have a clue.....

Don't have a go at me if you're losing an argument with someone else :roll:

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:48 pm
Sorry Grumps ... but why ask me ... ffs I wouldn't have a clue.....

Don't have a go at me if you're losing an argument with someone else :roll:
Why comment then?
I didn't post to win or lose, but if that floats your boat I think you'll find iam winning, but that's not what this is about

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:52 pm
Why comment then?
I didn't post to win or lose, but if that floats your boat I think you'll find iam winning, but that's not what this is about
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh boy what a weapon

Winning what ... the only thing you're winning is t#*t of the day by a country mile :lol: :lol: :lol:

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1818 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm

If a lady friend hit me with a lamp (and believe me I've been close) I'd like to think I could deal with it without involving the police.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm
If a lady friend hit me with a lamp (and believe me I've been close) I'd like to think I could deal with it without involving the police.
What if it was the latest in a long series of physical punishments? What if, for whatever reason, you were scared of your lady friend and worried about what she'd do next?

I don't know whether or not this was a singular incident or domestic abuse, and I suspect neither do you, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge this lad for involving the police.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1191 times

Post by 4:20 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:06 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm
No point wasting your first wish in haste, Doug.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Oh boy what a weapon

Winning what ... the only thing you're winning is t#*t of the day by a country mile :lol: :lol: :lol:
Weapon? Classy
You said I was losing the argument, yet if you actually checked, more agreed with me than not, but as I said, it's not about that, just responding to you.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Obviously it's sad when anyone dies, especially for their family and friends, that said, I can't understand why people are having a go at the police for not dropping the charges. Also, the same goes for the gutter press - it's a two way street for many reality TV 'stars' and presenters. I bet those having a go the tabloids are the very same people who read/buy them.
The cps and police are often unwilling to pursue things where there IS evidence. Never mind someone wanting to drop charges.

Can’t help but think if she wasn’t famous this case wouldn’t have continued.

Whatever she did, have to feel for her being hounded and publicly tried by news paper as she was.

We all make mistakes. Some more than others. It’s not the mistakes that matter IMO But it’s how we learn and grow from them.

Not a fan of the sort of show she presented. Or popular culture in general. But it’s still a bloody horrible and avoidable tragedy.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Can’t help but think if she wasn’t famous this case wouldn’t have continued.
I cant help but think if she hadn't hit him with a lamp there wouldn't have been a case at all.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Caballo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm
I cant help but think if she hadn't hit him with a lamp there wouldn't have been a case at all.
I can’t help but think she hasn’t and won’t be found guilty?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Caballo wrote:
Whatever the object well most, I wouldn’t include a feather duster etc, following a complaint the police are duty bound to establish grounding.
This user liked this post: basil6345789

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
I can’t help but think she hasn’t and won’t be found guilty?
She definitely won't be found guilty.

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm

MACCA wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 pm
Yes but to be fair, nothing to do with ITV or live island this.

press, trolls and to s lesser extent police have a lot to answer for
What do the Police have to answer? They and the CPS have no discretion in cases of DV - the government law says it's mandatory to proceed.
The boyfriend is at fault, no one else but him and her.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:57 pm

basil6345789 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm
What do the Police have to answer? They and the CPS have no discretion in cases of DV - the government law says it's mandatory to proceed.
The boyfriend is at fault, no one else but him and her.
I asked the same question yesterday, however the CPS do have the power to withdraw from any case, the police have no power once its entered the judicial system

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:01 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:57 pm
I asked the same question yesterday, however the CPS do have the power to withdraw from any case, the police have no power once its entered the judicial system
That’s always been the case to reserve that, because new evidence might emerge compromising & if it was allowed to progress the likelihood of it collapsing could increase, depends on the strength of the new evidence & whether it’s hollow & could be contested.

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:57 pm
The CPS must follow the 2 tests. No ifs, no buts. No one, not them not Police not politicians can intervene. Imagine if they'd have dropped it, cos she's rich and famous. The boyfriend has no say. If it's DV it goes ahead.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 979 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:14 pm

Reading through some of the comments on this message board I noticed comments describing Caroline Flack as a "minor barely talented celebrity". Very harsh considering that she managed to win Strictly Come Dancing (so not completely without talent) and also hosted Love Island helping to propel it to become one of the most watched television shows of the past decade. There are plenty of people on television today earning fortunes who possess far less talent. A few footballers also spring to mind.

Very sad that she found herself in a position where taking her own life seemed the only way of finding peace.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat cricketfieldclarets Holtyclaret

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:19 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:14 pm
Reading through some of the comments on this message board I noticed comments describing Caroline Flack as a "minor barely talented celebrity". Very harsh considering that she managed to win Strictly Come Dancing (so not completely without talent) and also hosted Love Island helping to propel it to become one of the most watched television shows of the past decade. There are plenty of people on television today earning fortunes who possess far less talent. A few footballers also spring to mind.

Very sad that she found herself in a position where taking her own life seemed the only way of finding peace.
Absolutely. Not a fan of love island or X factor or even strictly. But fact is she was evidently very talented and in demand.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 2976 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Not sure I should really head into potentially treacherous waters by asking this but why.how was she talented ? Or is being a presenter on terrible, lowbrow TV programmes like Love Island now enough to be classed as being talented ? The whole "celebrity culture" thing is sick really....vapid nonsense played out in social media forums populated to high degree by dimwits....and she appears to have chosen life in the spotlight amidst idiots and paid a price in terms of her mental health when the same idiot culture turned on her.
Sad for anyone to commit suicide and the only good thing that could come out of this is if it helped people to realise that the trappings of "celebrity" are hollow and not what life is really about.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 am

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:10 pm
Not sure I should really head into potentially treacherous waters by asking this but why.how was she talented ? Or is being a presenter on terrible, lowbrow TV programmes like Love Island now enough to be classed as being talented ? The whole "celebrity culture" thing is sick really....vapid nonsense played out in social media forums populated to high degree by dimwits....and she appears to have chosen life in the spotlight amidst idiots and paid a price in terms of her mental health when the same idiot culture turned on her.
Sad for anyone to commit suicide and the only good thing that could come out of this is if it helped people to realise that the trappings of "celebrity" are hollow and not what life is really about.
While the shows she presented arent my thing you don’t get multiple jobs on multiple award winning programs as the lead presenter without talent.

Personally I wouldn’t be paid to watch them. But plenty of people love them and evidently she was brilliant at doing her job.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Not all things that are popular are popular for the same reasons but it would strike me as odd if anyone castigating the LCD appeal of, say, The Sun were to make a case for the programmes Ms. Flack fronted as anything other than another facet of the same sort of entertainment, just in a different medium.