Chris Wood injury.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Re: Chris Wood injury.

Post by LeadBelly » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Dyche doesn’t like Vydra
What evidence are you working on here? It may well be that Vydra is behind Wood, Barnes & Rodriguez in the pecking order but that's a far cry from Dyche not liking him.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1430 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:49 pm
Who would you replace Chris wood with, should he not be fit for the Bournemouth game (assuming Barnes isn’t fit) ?
If SD decides on 2 strikers then there isn’t anyone else than Vydra.

Reality is there is a reason he has scored 2 goals for us in 2 years. Yes I appreciate he hasn’t had lots of game time but he has had chances to shine when coming on and in training. If he was scoring goals like Saturday everyday in training and is as good as people are making out, why hasn’t he played more?

My point is that already posters are building him up to be our saviour. If he plays Saturday (and I hope he does) then he gets a another chance which he deserves from last week. But already the expectation is getting out of control.

I will be delighted if he has a good game Saturday and contributes to the team for the rest of the season, but let’s not get carried away....

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 pm

I’m amazed that this thread has passed the 100 posts mark. It’s not really about Chris Wood’s injury at all, is it?
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 pm
If SD decides on 2 strikers then there isn’t anyone else than Vydra.

Reality is there is a reason he has scored 2 goals for us in 2 years. Yes I appreciate he hasn’t had lots of game time but he has had chances to shine when coming on and in training. If he was scoring goals like Saturday everyday in training and is as good as people are making out, why hasn’t he played more?

My point is that already posters are building him up to be our saviour. If he plays Saturday (and I hope he does) then he gets a another chance which he deserves from last week. But already the expectation is getting out of control.

I will be delighted if he has a good game Saturday and contributes to the team for the rest of the season, but let’s not get carried away....
I don't think that it's about expectations, he just deserves a chance. Your point about him doing little in his cameo appearances is a little unfair, although I accept the traing bit. Most of his appearances have been less than ten minutes, and a player can't even get warmed up in that time. Also, don't forget that Burnley have always played a certain way with two big lads up front. Vyds showed what he can do on Saturday if he's given the right ball. It was his run towards the box that Hendrick spotted and all too often this season, players haven't made runs.

Vydra is a bit like Gray, he needs a ball to run on to, not one just lumped up into the sky.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1430 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:20 pm
I don't think that it's about expectations, he just deserves a chance. Your point about him doing little in his cameo appearances is a little unfair, although I accept the traing bit. Most of his appearances have been less than ten minutes, and a player can't even get warmed up in that time. Also, don't forget that Burnley have always played a certain way with two big lads up front. Vyds showed what he can do on Saturday if he's given the right ball. It was his run towards the box that Hendrick spotted and all too often this season, players haven't made runs.

Vydra is a bit like Gray, he needs a ball to run on to, not one just lumped up into the sky.
Fair comment and appreciated.

I also think I’ve been trained into seeing hard working strikers over the Dyche period, I don’t see that with Vydra, perhaps that why he isn’t playing more. Not saying that’s right or wrong, just that a personal view thats frustration.

Equally I get frustrated with 2 big men and even when running at goal it appears the first thought is to get the ball on the wing for a cross, rather than run in the box.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:33 pm

Our coaching staff see these players almost daily, is there a possibility that Vydra's overall stats are the problem, not attitude, skill, SD doesn't like him or any other reason being put up on here. I for one do not believe SD would leave a player out if he was good enough to warrant a place; it would be madness.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 am

And what is the situation with Chris Wood? He is playing on Saturday?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Dyche has just said touch n go for this weekend, Lowton out and JBG fit

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:35 pm
Dyche has just said touch n go for this weekend, Lowton out and JBG fit
Beat me to it. For me that means Wood won't play. Sean doesn't like taking risks with players.