any one had any ghostly experiences ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:10 am
Verified as genuinely a ghost? By who?

https://images.app.goo.gl/SXH62RAMzeVG97FU8
Analysed by photo experts no fake, the spectre of newby church.

claret2018
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claret2018 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:54 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 am
https://images.app.goo.gl/SXH62RAMzeVG97FU8
Analysed by photo experts no fake, the spectre of newby church.

That’s literally someone with a sheet over them.

FactualFrank
Posts: 19670
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5540 times
Has Liked: 9397 times
Location: Leeds

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 am

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 am
A bit of science to add to the debate.
Keep in mind he also doesn't believe in the possibility of aliens. Even though some of his closest colleagues do. I remember him on some sort of chat show when his reply was something like, "Absolute ********" of the chance of the human species ever hearing from Aliens at any time in the future.

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:41 am
Because you don’t believe in it, whatever it is, it’s nonsense. That’s very narrow minded.
No, it's narrow minded to not accept actual science, observable evidence. That's the narrow minded bit.

Believing in things which have no basis in reality is narrow minded.

It's exactly the same as believing in Santa.

People' beliefs do not change facts.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 am

claret2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:54 am
That’s literally someone with a sheet over them.
It’s been studied & studied by experts no fake, it’s unexplained why a ghost monk decided to make a appearance that particular day, I could post others I’d be here all day too many.

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 am
Is it the point, or “kind” of the point.

Does science prove that climate change is real? If it does, why does the debate rage on?
The climate change debate rages on because of politics. Considering almost everyone within the scientific community agrees that climate change is real, there is no "debate".

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:57 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 am
It’s been studied & studied by experts no fake, it’s unexplained why a ghost monk decided to make a appearance that particular day, I could post others I’d be here all day too many.
Just because the photo isn't fake it doesn't mean that it's a ghost, Jakub.

It just means that whatever is on that photograph is something they don't know. Not knowing doesn't mean ghost.

It also means that the picture isn't edited, it doesn't mean that someone has manipulated the environment to make it look like a ghost.

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5981
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 am
https://images.app.goo.gl/SXH62RAMzeVG97FU8
Analysed by photo experts no fake, the spectre of newby church.
That doesn't answer the question: who has verified that it's a ghost?

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:57 am
Just because the photo isn't fake it doesn't mean that it's a ghost, Jakub.

It just means that whatever is on that photograph is something they don't know. Not knowing doesn't mean ghost.

It also means that the picture isn't edited, it doesn't mean that someone has manipulated the environment to make it look like a ghost.
I believe a righteous man of the cloth took that that photograph, yes just the type to do that, it’s been studied at length by experts & no explanation can be found. No double exposure nobody else in the photograph (not living anyhow).

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:57 am
Just because the photo isn't fake it doesn't mean that it's a ghost, Jakub.

It just means that whatever is on that photograph is something they don't know. Not knowing doesn't mean ghost.

It also means that the picture isn't edited, it doesn't mean that someone hasn't manipulated the environment to make it look like a ghost.

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am
I believe a righteous man of the cloth took that that photograph, yes just the type to do that, it’s been studied at length by experts & no explanation can be found. No double exposure nobody else in the photograph (not living anyhow).
Some Priests rape kids mate, they aren't all morally superior.
Last edited by ClaretAndJew on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am
Priests rape kids mate, they aren't all morally superior.
Yes let’s have a free for all & stereotype the lot, that sounds a fun thing to do on a Thursday morning.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 am
Yes let’s have a free for all & stereotype the lot, that sounds a fun thing to do on a Thursday morning.
I mean, it's not a stereotype, priests have historically abused kids. Not all of them, which is why I said "some".

Greenmile
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 786 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Greenmile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 am
Yes let’s have a free for all & stereotype the lot, that sounds a fun thing to do on a Thursday morning.
You started it!

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 am

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am
You started it!
I think the apparition in 1963 might not agree.

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 am

Ok I take back what I said.

They are definitely real. You cannot in any way, shape or form suggest to me now that they don't exist after what I've just experienced.

Image
These 2 users liked this post: Rileybobs tim_noone

Greenmile
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 786 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Greenmile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 am
I think the apparition in 1963 might not agree.
It will struggle to agree or disagree with anything, what with not existing and all.

I’m not sure you’ve understood what I was saying - you clearly implied that all men of the cloth are trustworthy. C&J explained why that is incorrect, and you had a go at him for stereotyping all men of the cloth, which is something that you had already done by suggesting they are all trustworthy.

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:18 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 am
Is it the point, or “kind” of the point.

Does science prove that climate change is real? If it does, why does the debate rage on?
Because huge organisations' whole existence relies on polluting the planet and politicians, media moguls and other businesses with a vested interest in those businesses will tell you the science is wrong.

Who do you believe, the scientists, experts and activists, or the people making money from it informing you that its 'fake news'
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

claret2018
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claret2018 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 am
I think the apparition in 1963 might not agree.

Even the Wikipedia page for that photo is massively un-verified, with the only actual quote from a supposed expert calling it “probably fake”

I’m a huge fan of ghost stories and photos like this, and really wish it were all true, but there’s absolutely no scientific proof for any of it. That’s not to say there may not be one day, but until that day I’m a non-believer.

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 am
Ok I take back what I said.

They are definitely real. You cannot in any way, shape or form suggest to me now that they don't exist after what I've just experienced.

Image
That's not paranormal, someone jizzed in yer brew

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:20 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am
That's not paranormal, someone jizzed in yer brew
It's ectoplasm.

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:21 am

Or a reflection

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:23 am

Why do we see faces in everyday objects?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2014 ... in-objects

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 am
It will struggle to agree or disagree with anything, what with not existing and all.

I’m not sure you’ve understood what I was saying - you clearly implied that all men of the cloth are trustworthy. C&J explained why that is incorrect, and you had a go at him for stereotyping all men of the cloth, which is something that you had already done by suggesting they are all trustworthy.
Firstly, that’s not having a go by any stretch nothing like exaggerating, more qualified people than anybody on this forum ( apologies to any experts if they are any) have studiously analysed that photograph for over 50 years & concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, anyway I’m done now, I’ve provided a genuine photograph, I rest my case.

duncandisorderly
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by duncandisorderly » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:29 am

I think farts are the ghosts of the food we eat.

Greenmile
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 786 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Greenmile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:31 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am
Firstly, that’s not having a go by any stretch nothing like exaggerating, more qualified people than anybody on this forum ( apologies to any experts if they are any) have studiously analysed that photograph for over 50 years & concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, anyway I’m done now, I’ve provided a genuine photograph, I rest my case.
I’m perfectly happy to take your word that experts have concluded it’s genuine & unexplained. I very much doubt that any (credible) experts have concluded it’s a ghost, though. That’s the missing part of your “case”.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:33 am

claret2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am
Even the Wikipedia page for that photo is massively un-verified, with the only actual quote from a supposed expert calling it “probably fake”

I’m a huge fan of ghost stories and photos like this, and really wish it were all true, but there’s absolutely no scientific proof for any of it. That’s not to say there may not be one day, but until that day I’m a non-believer.
Yes that’s true, other dedicated specialists sites have concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, doesn’t surprise me certain people saying it’s fake & the vicar was trying it on blah blah, it’s easier to reach that conclusion rather than admit it’s something we can’t be sure about & look wrong, it’s human nature to look for easy answers to difficult sometimes insurmountable questions.

Greenmile
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 786 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Greenmile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:35 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:33 am
Yes that’s true, other dedicated specialists sites have concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, doesn’t surprise me certain people saying it’s fake & the vicar was trying it on blah blah, it’s easier to reach that conclusion rather than admit it’s something we can’t be sure about & look wrong, it’s human nature to look for easy answers to difficult sometimes insurmountable questions.
Easy answers like “it must be a ghost”?

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:33 am
Yes that’s true, other dedicated specialists sites have concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, doesn’t surprise me certain people saying it’s fake & the vicar was trying it on blah blah, it’s easier to reach that conclusion rather than admit it’s something we can’t be sure about & look wrong, it’s human nature to look for easy answers to difficult sometimes insurmountable questions.
Because the easiest answers are almost always the correct ones.

Just because it's not explained, doesn't mean it's a ghost. No one has ever said it's a ghost, just that the photo has no explanation as to what's in it. Doesn't make it a ghost.

Why are you failing to grasp this simple concept?

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:45 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am
Firstly, that’s not having a go by any stretch nothing like exaggerating, more qualified people than anybody on this forum ( apologies to any experts if they are any) have studiously analysed that photograph for over 50 years & concluded it’s genuine & unexplained, anyway I’m done now, I’ve provided a genuine photograph, I rest my case.
That's not true though is it, the 'story' attached to it the photo is that 'experts can't explain it'... but the photographic and scientific community easily can do. What you have done is, you've read some article and just believed it.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5981
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3013 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am

I'm still not convinced that Jakubclaret isn't a very clever spoof account.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile Rileybobs

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am

Didn't scooby doo destroy the myth of ghosts ?

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 am

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:35 am
Easy answers like “it must be a ghost”?
Well let's look at the facts shall we?
It's a genuine photograph unexplained by the experts specialising in this chosen field, you are not left with much however crazy.

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:52 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 am
No, it's narrow minded to not accept actual science, observable evidence. That's the narrow minded bit.

Believing in things which have no basis in reality is narrow minded.

It's exactly the same as believing in Santa.

People' beliefs do not change facts.
I don’t believe in god, but I don’t want to convince those that do the there isn’t one. Let people believe in ghosts, it Doesn't make any difference to the people who don’t. The title of the thread is about people who have had “ ghostly experiences “ then the enlightened scientists arrive and it becomes a debate about whether ghosts exist. Life isn’t always that serious.

Facts, facts, facts. You must live a miserable life. Relax.
These 4 users liked this post: FactualFrank Croydon Claret Goobs tim_noone

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:18 am
Because huge organisations' whole existence relies on polluting the planet and politicians, media moguls and other businesses with a vested interest in those businesses will tell you the science is wrong.

Who do you believe, the scientists, experts and activists, or the people making money from it informing you that its 'fake news'
I believe we, the human race, have seriously messed up this world, and it would seem that most of us are happy for others to sort it out, as long as it doesn’t negatively effect people’s lifestyles.

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 620 times
Has Liked: 113 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:52 am
I don’t believe in god, but I don’t want to convince those that do the there isn’t one. Let people believe in ghosts, it Doesn't make any difference to the people who don’t. The title of the thread is about people who have had “ ghostly experiences “ then the enlightened scientists arrive and it becomes a debate about whether ghosts exist. Life isn’t always that serious.

Facts, facts, facts. You must live a miserable life. Relax.
You have to have the debate, like Jakub is going he trying to make us consider his beliefs - but what does it lead onto?

It could lead up to him turning down life-saving medicine because he'll believe his great-great-great-grandma will look over him and nurse him back to full fitness - because that's what happened to someone in Alabama according to some 'dedicated website'... when really the fact is - he was just misdiagnosed.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:52 am
I don’t believe in god, but I don’t want to convince those that do the there isn’t one. Let people believe in ghosts, it Doesn't make any difference to the people who don’t. The title of the thread is about people who have had “ ghostly experiences “ then the enlightened scientists arrive and it becomes a debate about whether ghosts exist. Life isn’t always that serious.

Facts, facts, facts. You must live a miserable life. Relax.
Have you had a ghostly experience mate?

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:02 pm
Have you had a ghostly experience mate?
I haven’t, but strangely, I do enjoy reading other people’s.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:03 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:00 pm
You have to have the debate, like Jakub is going he trying to make us consider his beliefs - but what does it lead onto?

It could lead up to him turning down life-saving medicine because he'll believe his great-great-great-grandma will look over him and nurse him back to full fitness - because that's what happened to someone in Alabama according to some 'dedicated website'... when really the fact is - he was just misdiagnosed.

Fortunately for me, I don’t have to have the debate or justify what I believe in. Nor do I feel that any one else needs to justify their beliefs to me.

Your last paragraph is a bit of a stretch really.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

LordBob
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Been Liked: 202 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by LordBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 pm

I have found that if somebody has had an experience they can only discuss it without ridicule with another person who has had a similar experience, someone that understands. It really is pointless trying to convince someone that hasn't shared one of these moments I totally understand why they can't be convinced it isn't logical but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I know persons cash in on this prompted by TV and magazines THATS ALL ABOUT MONEY the people I trust have never earned a penny are ever wanted to.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Rileybobs
Posts: 7435
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 717 times
Location: Leeds

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:40 pm

LordBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 pm
I have found that if somebody has had an experience they can only discuss it without ridicule with another person who has had a similar experience, someone that understands. It really is pointless trying to convince someone that hasn't shared one of these moments I totally understand why they can't be convinced it isn't logical but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I know persons cash in on this prompted by TV and magazines THATS ALL ABOUT MONEY the people I trust have never earned a penny are ever wanted to.
Nobody is doubting that anybody on here has experienced strange events. I haven't seen anybody's strange experience ridiculed. What is being ridiculed, and rightly so, is that the strange event was caused by a dead person. The reason for that is there is no scientific reasoning behind ghosts. The idea of ghosts has become so normalised through literature dating back hundreds of years to the point people think that it's reasonable to believe in them. It's really not reasonable to believe in ghosts, it's crazy - because you're believing in something totally unproven with no scientific evidence to support what ghosts actually are and how they could possible exist.

There is always, and I mean literally always, a more rational explanation to any 'paranormal' event than a ghost.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

LordBob
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Been Liked: 202 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by LordBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:40 pm
Nobody is doubting that anybody on here has experienced strange events. I haven't seen anybody's strange experience ridiculed. What is being ridiculed, and rightly so, is that the strange event was caused by a dead person. The reason for that is there is no scientific reasoning behind ghosts. The idea of ghosts has become so normalised through literature dating back hundreds of years to the point people think that it's reasonable to believe in them. It's really not reasonable to believe in ghosts, it's crazy - because you're believing in something totally unproven with no scientific evidence to support what ghosts actually are and how they could possible exist.

There is always, and I mean literally always, a more rational explanation to any 'paranormal' event than a ghost.
In one to one conversations I have heard ridicule, the problem was the person tried to convince the other person that this had happened, personally I keep my mouth shut unless I'm with people that have shared similar events and I think thats the way I'll stay.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

FactualFrank
Posts: 19670
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5540 times
Has Liked: 9397 times
Location: Leeds

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:09 pm

LordBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm
In one to one conversations I have heard ridicule, the problem was the person tried to convince the other person that this had happened, personally I keep my mouth shut unless I'm with people that have shared similar events and I think thats the way I'll stay.
It's the best way. I think it's healthy to be open-minded but not too open-minded that your brain falls out.

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:40 pm
Nobody is doubting that anybody on here has experienced strange events. I haven't seen anybody's strange experience ridiculed. What is being ridiculed, and rightly so, is that the strange event was caused by a dead person. The reason for that is there is no scientific reasoning behind ghosts. The idea of ghosts has become so normalised through literature dating back hundreds of years to the point people think that it's reasonable to believe in them. It's really not reasonable to believe in ghosts, it's crazy - because you're believing in something totally unproven with no scientific evidence to support what ghosts actually are and how they could possible exist.

There is always, and I mean literally always, a more rational explanation to any 'paranormal' event than a ghost.
Started well, then you wrote “ and rightly so “.

Perhaps you are hampered in that you need everything to make sense, everything has to have an explanation. That’s fine, but not everyone agrees with you. Leave them to believe in ghosts without the necessity of justifying themselves to you.

It’s okay that you think ghosts don’t exist.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

claret2018
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by claret2018 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:18 pm

The government should hold a referendum to decide once and for all whether or not ghosts exist

FactualFrank
Posts: 19670
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5540 times
Has Liked: 9397 times
Location: Leeds

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm

claret2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:18 pm
The government should hold a referendum to decide once and for all whether or not ghosts exist
I think there needs to first be a way to decide whether a referendum should be held.

Rileybobs
Posts: 7435
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 717 times
Location: Leeds

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:16 pm
Started well, then you wrote “ and rightly so “.

Perhaps you are hampered in that you need everything to make sense, everything has to have an explanation. That’s fine, but not everyone agrees with you. Leave them to believe in ghosts without the necessity of justifying themselves to you.

It’s okay that you think ghosts don’t exist.
If I told you that there were fairies at the bottom of my garden do you not think it would be right to ridicule me?

Heathclaret
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 154 times
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln.

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:10 pm
If I told you that there were fairies at the bottom of my garden do you not think it would be right to ridicule me?
Why would I want to ridicule you?

I’m going to bow out of this conversation now, I have no idea whether ghosts exist or not, but that wasn’t really the point of the thread.

If you do have fairies at the bottom of your garden, be kind to them, if you’re not, they may play tricks on you.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank tim_noone

Billy Balfour
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 593 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Billy Balfour » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:41 pm

People falling out about whether ghosts exist or not - is the most scariest thing about this thread.

Stayingup
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:02 pm
Been Liked: 387 times
Has Liked: 663 times

Re: any one had any ghostly experiences ?

Post by Stayingup » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:34 pm

If anybody is in touch with one of these 'Specters' and it is invisible but able to be communicated with can you persuade IT to help us out at the next game at the Etihad. 'Ghost' in at the far post and knock one in.

Post Reply