Boris Watch

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Re: Boris Watch

Post by Cryssys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:48 pm
Again he didn’t ban the reporter, it wasn’t a government briefing and the room was full.
How do you explain this then? Note the use of the words "official government meeting" and " banned journalists" . No mention of the room being full.

Taken from the Independent 03 February.

"Political journalists boycotted a Downing Street briefing on Monday after one of Boris Johnson’s aides banned selected reporters from attending.

The confrontation took place inside No 10 after Lee Cain, Johnson’s most senior communications adviser, tried to exclude reporters from the Mirror, the i, HuffPost, PoliticsHome, the Independent and others from an official government briefing.

The incident happened in the foyer of No 10 when journalists on the invited list were asked to stand on one side of a rug, while those not allowed in were asked by security to stand on the other side.

When Cain told the banned journalists to leave, the rest of the journalists decided to walk out collectively rather than allow Downing Street to choose who scrutinises and reports on the government."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... porter-ban

I await your reply with interest.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Yeh, but don't forget Ringo, it's all the mass media's fault, bloody right wing press eh.
Absolutely it is! And when posters have said they havent read , for years , or never read , one of the rags on the unacceptable list. Then they're accused of being easily lead gullible fools for watching Sky News!

I've repeatedly asked Andrew JB who knows what's best for the People of Burnley? The People of Burnley, or a metropolitan bubble dweller?

I've yet to get a straight forward, candid answer.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:11 pm
The majority of the vote was actually for other candidates who opposed Johnson’s Brexit plans, but don’t let facts cloud your judgement.
Let me show you in pictures to simplify.
Screenshot_20200222-173601_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200222-173601_Samsung Internet.jpg (484.63 KiB) Viewed 2853 times

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Yeh, but don't forget Ringo, it's all the mass media's fault, bloody right wing press eh.
I only read the BBC news really and find one sided left biased PC gone mad to be honest but I like to keep an open mind .

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm
In figures:

Conservative Party Share 43.6% - less than 50% so not a majority of the vote
Labour Party Share 32.2%
Liberal Democrats Share 11.6%
Scottish National Party Share 3.9%

Source: PA Media via dpa-infocom.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:13 am
Lol resorting to trite cliche. You are so sloppy with your use of English it’s quite pathetic for someone trying to pass themselves of as intellectual. You don’t seem to understand, amongst many things, the difference between Johnson, The Government and the Party, which is surprising given you can see the same with the Labour Party and Corbin.

Anyway, back down to your level, suck it up Cryssys you’ve got 5 more years of Tory rule :-)
This from a man who in response the points I made in my opening post managed to come up with this:

1. No it wasn’t
2. No he didn’t
3. No he hasn’t
4. No he doesn’t
5) and?
6) temporarily
7) and?
8. No he hasn’t. Post a link to this refusal
9. No he hasn’t
10. No this to release

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:32 pm
How do you explain this then? Note the use of the words "official government meeting" and " banned journalists" . No mention of the room being full.

Taken from the Independent 03 February.

"Political journalists boycotted a Downing Street briefing on Monday after one of Boris Johnson’s aides banned selected reporters from attending.

The confrontation took place inside No 10 after Lee Cain, Johnson’s most senior communications adviser, tried to exclude reporters from the Mirror, the i, HuffPost, PoliticsHome, the Independent and others from an official government briefing.

The incident happened in the foyer of No 10 when journalists on the invited list were asked to stand on one side of a rug, while those not allowed in were asked by security to stand on the other side.

When Cain told the banned journalists to leave, the rest of the journalists decided to walk out collectively rather than allow Downing Street to choose who scrutinises and reports on the government."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... porter-ban

I await your reply with interest.
I stopped reading after”one of Boris Johnson’s aides” so it wasn’t him then. Glad that point is settled and I will accept your apology.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:54 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm
In figures:

Conservative Party Share 43.6% - less than 50% so not a majority of the vote
Labour Party Share 32.2%
Liberal Democrats Share 11.6%
Scottish National Party Share 3.9%

Source: PA Media via dpa-infocom.
Hey don't preach to the choir . I was labour all my life until Corbyn's out of touch with the core voters views.

With a real leader and the peoples interests labour could have stood a chance.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Conservative party won 365 seats and 43.6% of the vote.

The Labour Party won 202 seats and 32.1%
The Liberal Democrats won 11 seats, and 11.5%

Both get 43.6% of the vote yet one party gets 365 seats and the others 213. Mickey Mouse Democracy.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Cryssys

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:54 pm
Hey don't preach to the choir . I was labour all my life until Corbyn's out of touch with the core voters views.
If you check my post history you'll find that I have been a frequent critic of Corbyn, but I'm really not sure which of his personal views would place him out of touch with the traditional core Labour supporter. It was the most left wing manifesto for several decades, promising wide scale nationalisation, big investment in public services and many other things that have always been considered core Labour values. Protecting workers' rights and jobs was also at the heart of his policies.
Now, personally I had many issues with Corbyn, (mainly relating to his competence and failure to address his own party's shortcomings [e.g. Anti-Semitism]), but I don't really get why you claim his domestic policies ran contrary to Labour tradition.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1431 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Is it more than £4K?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:58 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:09 pm
I don't know anything more or less than you do, but what I do know is that in a desperate attempt to show that Boris has majority support, you dug out a YouGov survey that's 6 months old, that actually showed him to have 38% support.
The more recent - virtually current - survey (previously posted by Cryssys) reveals his support now to be 34%, so not only has he never had majority support, his popularity is actually falling, (that is using the only statistical measure /data that is available).
The link indicated BJs popularity as stated albeit from 5/6 mths ago we are not talking decades here, nothing much as changed but yet you decided to completely ignore that valid point, you miss so much from opposing viewpoints because it's more important to discredit Boris Johnson & any tory policy.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:58 pm
The link indicated BJs popularity as stated albeit from 5/6 mths ago we are not talking decades here, nothing much as changed but yet you decided to completely ignore that valid point, you miss so much from opposing viewpoints because it's more important to discredit Boris Johnson & any tory policy.
This is nothing whatsoever to do with my view on Johnson. It's simply down to being factually accurate / truthful.
It was claimed by another poster that Johnson is supported by "the majority of the country". I asked for evidence to back up this claim, (knowing that there isn't any).
Another poster posted / linked a chart to show that his rating is currently 34% - so clearly not supported by the majority.
You countered this by posting a link to a YouGov poll that put his rating at 38% - but this was from Sept 2019.
So it doesn't matter whether you personally support Johnson or not, or which set of data you prefer to use, he has never had the backing of the majority.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
The report showed him to be unpopular. More people dislike him than like him. A lot more. He’s not popular.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm
If you check my post history you'll find that I have been a frequent critic of Corbyn, but I'm really not sure which of his personal views would place him out of touch with the traditional core Labour supporter. It was the most left wing manifesto for several decades, promising wide scale nationalisation, big investment in public services and many other things that have always been considered core Labour values. Protecting workers' rights and jobs was also at the heart of his policies.
Now, personally I had many issues with Corbyn, (mainly relating to his competence and failure to address his own party's shortcomings [e.g. Anti-Semitism]), but I don't really get why you claim his domestic policies ran contrary to Labour tradition.
Working class people had an issue with immigration , job opportunities, wages and deteriorating neighbourhood's.

The election was mainly about 1 thing for the defectors Brexit. Brexit won because of 1 major issue , mass immigration. There you have it black and white.

Would Corbyn have delivered immigration policies like Johnson if indeed he would have delivered a Brexit at all. The country needs workers from all over the world on an immigration system what it doesn't need is an open border policy .

Why are wages not rising with inflation, you won't like it but partly because of immigration.

And all this from a man from a family of people who are originally immigrants but see it for what it is.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 pm
Working class people had an issue with

The election was mainly about 1 thing for the defectors Brexit. Brexit won because of 1 major issue , mass immigration. There you have it black and white.

Would Corbyn have delivered immigration policies like Johnson if indeed he would have delivered a Brexit at all. The country needs workers from all over the world on an immigration system what it doesn't need is an open border policy .

Why are wages not rising with inflation, you won't like it but partly because of immigration.

And all this from a man from a family of people who are originally immigrants but see it for what it is.
And what about immigration from outside the EU?

That's always been in our control.

As for immigrants taking British jobs, what about those cleaning jobs, for example, which British workers feel are beneath them, such as cleaning toilets?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Do they think that or is it just easier for them to collect government handouts and get the same money because an Eastern European is prepared to work every shift possible for the lowest wage available and still have more money than they could ever dream of back home?

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:41 pm
I stopped reading after”one of Boris Johnson’s aides” so it wasn’t him then. Glad that point is settled and I will accept your apology.

Not only do you lack any objectivity, it seems you have no self awareness either. Do you have you any idea of how petulant you sound when you say “ I stopped reading at… “

To take up your point. Are you suggesting that the decision to ban certain journalists from attending a government briefing was taken without BJ’s knowledge and/or permission? If you do, do you think it’s acceptable for government aides to make unilateral decisions about which journalists can or cannot attend government briefings?

Either way it doesn’t reflect well on BJ, on the one hand he doesn’t know what his aides are doing or, on the other hand, his aides have taken it upon themselves to censor the British press.

As PM the buck stops at his desk.
Last edited by Cryssys on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Don't get me started on dole dossers milking the system!

My number 1 hate.

Corbyn would make sure they were as well off as the working man in his ideal equilibrium utopia.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
And you never did that with JC and the Labour Party did you? Another grade A hypocrite.

P.S. You're completely ignoring the results of the more recent poll I highlighted.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:40 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm
Labour the protesting students and Ivory Tower liberals party. Led by Jeremy Marxist failed miserably.

You cannot argue with that.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 pm
This is nothing whatsoever to do with my view on Johnson. It's simply down to being factually accurate / truthful.
It was claimed by another poster that Johnson is supported by "the majority of the country". I asked for evidence to back up this claim, (knowing that there isn't any).
Another poster posted / linked a chart to show that his rating is currently 34% - so clearly not supported by the majority.
You countered this by posting a link to a YouGov poll that put his rating at 38% - but this was from Sept 2019.
So it doesn't matter whether you personally support Johnson or not, or which set of data you prefer to use, he has never had the backing of the majority.
It certainly doesn't come across that way despite you stating contrary, & I don't think I'll be the only poster who has noticed that, when confronted with fact you are completely dismissive of opposing viewpoints & aim for a left wing view as a get out of jail card, the country seem to be backing bojo jump up onboard you never know you might just enjoy the journey.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 pm

23 Feb. 2020

No new sightings of BJ in the last few days and observers are becoming increasingly concerned as to his whereabouts. Could it be that the nasty Dominic Cummings has done way with him? Will BJ be found dead in a flooded ditch in an apparent suicide?

Meanwhile for the rest of his pack it’s business as usual. Rumours abound that PP (Petty Prattle or Priti Pointless, take your pick) has been throwing her ego around, bullying lesser mortals in the home office and threatening to sack senior civil servants she doesn’t like.

Meanwhile Julian Smith, the former NI secretary, who was sacked last week amid speculation that the PM felt the recent Stormont deal contained unacceptable elements relating to the legacy of Northern Ireland's Troubles claims that BJ read and approved the agreement.

Is BJ suffering from one of those troublesome memory lapses he seems so prone to, (e.g. confusion over who paid for his £15K holiday in the WI and his inability to find the report on Russian Interference in UK elections) or is he just lying again?

If you do see BJ or hear of any sightings of him please let me know as there are a lot of worried people out there.

Over to you Boris Watchers.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Yawn...followed by a big sigh.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:05 pm
Yawn...followed by a big sigh.
Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I'm busy at the moment.

Your post is important to me.

Please hold...

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm

cblantfanclub wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:06 pm
Conservative party won 365 seats and 43.6% of the vote.

The Labour Party won 202 seats and 32.1%
The Liberal Democrats won 11 seats, and 11.5%

Both get 43.6% of the vote yet one party gets 365 seats and the others 213. Mickey Mouse Democracy.
always the same, boo hoo, we didn't win, let's change the rules, pathetic really

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:11 pm
The majority of the vote was actually for other candidates who opposed Johnson’s Brexit plans, but don’t let facts cloud your judgement.
let's try again and solve this puzzle of an argument from the stand point of majority and your innate ability to twist facts to try and suit your argument.

If it is a simple BJ/Tory Party versus the other Party Leaders/Parties & Independents then you would be correct he/they did not win a majority, however everyone and yourself and your little clique knows this is not any kind of meaningful measurement, it's for cry babies to jump on every time they lose.

In the 100% of people who vote BJ/Tory won an overwhelming majority of the votes cast in a ratio of votes cast for several diverse Leaders/Parties, including those who tried to say let's do tactical voting, your party couldn't even arrange that and were so distant from the people and votes, I wonder you have the nerve to throw stones at others, embarrassing

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm
always the same, boo hoo, we didn't win, let's change the rules, pathetic really
But some seem to forget that the vote on Scottish Independence, for example, also had the proviso that we would NEVER leave the EU if people voted to remain part of the UK.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 pm
But some seem to forget that the vote on Scottish Independence, for example, also had the proviso that we would NEVER leave the EU if people voted to remain part of the UK.
ok and your point is????

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Spijed wrote:
I should imagine without conducting a survey a decent amount of leave supporters had you asked are you bothered about Scotland remaining part of the UK or northern island they wouldn’t be bothered.
Some can’t stand Nicola sturgeon & her constantly whinging about this that & the other isn’t right.
If people aren’t happy it’s best sometimes to separate & find peace somewhere else.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:05 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:02 pm
ok and your point is????
The point is that the result for Scottish Independence would have be very different had they not been lied to.

No wonder they want another vote.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:04 pm
I should imagine without conducting a survey a decent amount of leave supporters had you asked are you bothered about Scotland remaining part of the UK or northern island they wouldn’t be bothered.
Some can’t stand Nicola sturgeon & her constantly whinging about this that & the other isn’t right.
If people aren’t happy it’s best sometimes to separate & find peace somewhere else.
The may not stand her, but both Labour and the Tories are pretty much dead in Scotland.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:06 pm
The may not stand her, but both Labour and the Tories are pretty much dead in Scotland.
Well let the SNP do their own thing, it should have no bearing on us only if we let it, let Scotland & Northern Ireland decide for themselves & if we all want to be 1 big happy family that’s fine & if they don’t so be it.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:05 pm
The point is that the result for Scottish Independence would have be very different had they not been lied to.

I am not sure what this has to do with the thread regarding Boris and being missing, perhaps start another thread to air your grievances regarding Scotland and then someone/others can talk to it there. Or is it you're just on a banging on about everything BJ and the Tories, so you thought this would be a good place to vent your spleen again, as they seem to be responsible for all the ills of the world, or at least your world just lately.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:28 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Do you think that winning 44% of the vote but getting 56% of the seats is fair? That it is truly democratic and represents the will of the people?

Do you?

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:28 pm
Do you think that winning 44% of the vote but getting 56% of the seats is fair? That it is truly democratic and represents the will of the people?

Do you?
I think for a fact, which even you can't debate, that it is a system, it is a system we've had for a very long time so let's not blame the Tories for this shall we.

I would hazard a guess, that had Labour won, or whichever party other than the Tories, you would not be here bemoaning the system and blaming everyone but your own party for the failure to win within the system.

I think your time would be far better trying to change the system if you feel it's so wrong rather than continually moaning but that is typical of losers in all all walks of life to be fair so you're probably for once in a majority with this for the first time in a long time, bask in it, revel in it.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Excellent! I ask you a simple question and you go off on a rant riddled with inaccuracies and assumptions. Well done.

KateR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 pm
I think for a fact, which even you can't debate, that it is a system, it is a system we've had for a very long time oh dear, the old "we've always done it this way attitude" thought you were better than that so let's not blame the Tories for this shall we. I'm not.

I would hazard a guess, that had Labour won, or whichever party other than the Tories, you would not be here bemoaning the system I'm a long time advocate of PR going back through the labour years as well. It's a system biased in favour of the two big parties.and blaming everyone but your own party for the failure to win within the system.

I think your time would be far better trying to change the system if you feel it's so wrong rather than continually moaning The irony! Why do you think I post what I do, in my own small way I'm trying change the system but then you accuse me of continually moaning. that is typical of losers in all all walks of life to be fair so you're probably for once in a majority with this for the first time in a long time, bask in it, revel in it. last sentence is just spite.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:46 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:05 pm

My understanding is BJ is against the idea & rejected the call, I think he's wrong & shouldn't put any obstacles in the way, regarding been lied to pre referendum you can never give guarantees in any referendum as the results are uncertain, at the best it's fair to say they could have been misled but to definitely state it "would have be very different" is guesswork despite Scotland (most) voting to remain in the EU, as other reasons to reject independence would have been factored & still are as the difficulties are showing.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:38 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 pm
let's try again and solve this puzzle of an argument from the stand point of majority and your innate ability to twist facts to try and suit your argument.

If it is a simple BJ/Tory Party versus the other Party Leaders/Parties & Independents then you would be correct he/they did not win a majority, however everyone and yourself and your little clique knows this is not any kind of meaningful measurement, it's for cry babies to jump on every time they lose.

In the 100% of people who vote BJ/Tory won an overwhelming majority of the votes cast in a ratio of votes cast for several diverse Leaders/Parties, including those who tried to say let's do tactical voting, your party couldn't even arrange that and were so distant from the people and votes, I wonder you have the nerve to throw stones at others, embarrassing
I was responding to someone who claimed a majority of the country voted for and like Johnson - which the election and opinion polls clearly show isn’t the case. I live in London too, and I know there are some who think he was a good mayor - more probably outside the M25 - but I wouldn’t say a majority. Most people I know look at him as being a joke, and in my local area he’s hated due to his racism. You have to admit, his record as mayor was an utter shambles. Water cannons, tens of millions wasted. He shut down a program that gave the city £70M a year in subsidised fuel, just because Livingstone had set it up. If you reckon he was good, then I can only wonder what of his actions you thought were positive.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 pm
The report showed him to be unpopular. More people dislike him than like him. A lot more. He’s not popular.
Without going into the stats & current trends & just instinctively sensing the mood of the country it’s common knowledge more people like him now more than before, I sense you & some other posters are grossly underestimating the mood of the nation before at a time when TM was stalling & locked in a impasse without any sort of progress, the nation was frustrated & to be frank p*ss*d off with it all, we’ve gone past all that now & finally left & more people are willing to give the bloke a chance expecting some mistakes along the way but are also more forgiving when the mistakes are made.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm
just instinctively sensing the mood of the country
F*ckin hell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:11 pm
F*ckin hell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You see more people laughing & smiling & everyone seems happier, I’ve noticed it,maybe you haven’t or others haven’t.

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:36 pm

I do love a bit of Jakubclaret.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:13 pm
You see more people laughing & smiling & everyone seems happier, I’ve noticed it,maybe you haven’t or others haven’t.
That's nowt to do with Boris, it's because we've just taken 13 from the last 15 :) .
This user liked this post: KateR

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:28 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 pm
That's nowt to do with Boris, it's because we've just taken 13 from the last 15 :) .
I'm talking generally, Burnley & non Burnley & before popes penalty save, actually around the time Boris became PM & we left the EU strangely enough, everybody seems to have a spring in their step whistling away as opposed to heads down & people becoming randomly moody. If you've not noticed it fair enough but I have.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm
Without going into the stats & current trends & just instinctively sensing the mood of the country it’s common knowledge more people like him now more than before, I sense you & some other posters are grossly underestimating the mood of the nation before at a time when TM was stalling & locked in a impasse without any sort of progress, the nation was frustrated & to be frank p*ss*d off with it all, we’ve gone past all that now & finally left & more people are willing to give the bloke a chance expecting some mistakes along the way but are also more forgiving when the mistakes are made.
As much as I didn't like her, I wouldn't say Theresa May stalled, and I doubt she was happy about being locked in an impasse. There was a whole group within her party who sabotaged her attempts at getting brexit done. She gave prominent leavers places in her cabinet, and they repaid her by walking out whenever she was close to finalising things. That includes several brexit secretaries who had been involved in reaching the agreements they then went against.

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:39 am

Targetman wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:56 pm
What concerns me is that you think that you have the right to tell other people what they should or should not be concerned about!
Quite right

Although I am quite concerned that you seem to be more concerned about his/her concerns about your concerns than whether or not the PM can be bothered to be concerned about anything

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 am

Spijed wrote:
I don't think they so much as forget it, as they haven't heard it before. This is the first time I have heard any suggestion that the Scottish Independence Referendum also acted as an ultimate veto on leaving the EU. Can you provide a link to that particular promise?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21148282

The link is David Cameron promising to hold an in/out referendum at the next election; that report is dated January 2013. The Scottish referendum was dated September 2014. Is it really true that Cameron made an absolute promise to ignore the EU referendum result if the Scottish referendum went the right way?

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:56 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm
Congratulations. Both of those images confirm Andrew JB's point

One shows a geographical representation; like trying to use a map to show Greenland is more densely populated than Singapore

The second shows the number of seats won, not the number of votes cast; like saying that whoever has most possession should win the league

Neither are correct in this argument

Both are just factual examples distorting rule and reality

You have literally let your judgement be clouded by irrelevant facts (and just provided examples!!!!!)

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:03 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 am
As much as I didn't like her, I wouldn't say Theresa May stalled, and I doubt she was happy about being locked in an impasse. There was a whole group within her party who sabotaged her attempts at getting brexit done. She gave prominent leavers places in her cabinet, and they repaid her by walking out whenever she was close to finalising things. That includes several brexit secretaries who had been involved in reaching the agreements they then went against.
The electorate gave the mandate to TM, the part & parcel for that scope was to leave the EU, she was ideologically opposed to brexit as a remainer & it's been well publicised & documented how difficult she became in delivering the mandate in an effective sense, so many people within the group all felt a lack of support & no real direction to what the plan was supposed to be, hence the positions becoming untenable. The "sabotage" was simply not agreeing to the way she was going about the job & throwing spanners into works to disrupt her going against the task in hand.