Laws of the Game-I learn something every day

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Laws of the Game-I learn something every day

Post by thatdberight » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:52 pm
dpinsussex did not say anything about being right or wrong or being better than anyone else because he is a referee.
The plane of the ball is touching the line and that is all that matters ---you say overhanging, however, there is nothing in TLOG which says that. The interpretation is exactly as dp says and is the one used by ARs and referees at all levels.
He didn't say "the plane of the ball" despite repeated attempts to give him the chance to. He said "the ball".

Thanks for confirming what we all already knew.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:11 pm
He didn't say "the plane of the ball" despite repeated attempts to give him the chance to. He said "the ball".

Thanks for confirming what we all already knew.
He didn't have to do, it was not him that was nit-picking. He stated it exactly as the interpretation states it and is what he uses in every match in which he officiates. To be honest, it is probably one of the least important things which he has to consider when he is officiating.
This user liked this post: dpinsussex

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm
He didn't have to do, it was not him that was nit-picking. He stated it exactly as the interpretation states it and is what he uses in every match in which he officiates. To be honest, it is probably one of the least important things which he has to consider when he is officiating.
OK. We'll leave it there but this has been a very revealing topic.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:11 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:46 pm
OK. We'll leave it there but this has been a very revealing topic.
Try officiating these days if you wish to be really challenged and find out some revealing facts about football and its lawmakers.
In the meantime, try and enjoy the game as it is because more changes will be on their way to try and achieve perfection!

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:22 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:11 pm
Try officiating these days if you wish to be really challenged and find out some revealing facts about football and its lawmakers.
In the meantime, try and enjoy the game as it is because more changes will be on their way to try and achieve perfection!
Too late. It's gone. Too much negativity towards officials courtesy of the TV and VAR was the final nail in the coffin. It's a game for accountants now.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46