Contracts

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Contracts

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:50 pm

With us potentially getting into Europe we may need to be getting more players on new contracts than we initially though. It may require the likes of Lennon and Bardsley for experience as they can both play a part. Hendrick should definitely be extended as he is a very good back up due to his versatility. Westwood needs to sign and I’m sure he will. Who else needs a new one this summer. I think it will be a busy summer as we need reinforcements.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Re: Contracts

Post by mdd2 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:52 pm

A long way to go before thinking of Europe
Need to make sure the Toon don’t end our good run like they did last year around this time

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Hendrick should be an absolute priority. Its quite simple, if we don't sign him on then a player of his quality is out of our budget imho.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:19 pm

dushanbe wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Hendrick should be an absolute priority. Its quite simple, if we don't sign him on then a player of his quality is out of our budget imho.
I think our budget might get extended a little in the summer. In January, we didn't know we were going to be safe but we still made a £20 million plus bid for Fenerbache striker Vedat Muriqi. (Bid comfirmed by Fenerbache.) https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-source- ... ast-month/ That bid may reappear in the summer and also one for Bristol City winger Niclas Eliasson. (Hopefully.)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:19 pm
I think our budget might get extended a little in the summer. In January, we didn't know we were going to be safe but we still made a £20 million plus bid for Fenerbache striker Vedat Muriqi. (Bid comfirmed by Fenerbache.) https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-source- ... ast-month/ That bid may reappear in the summer and also one for Bristol City winger Niclas Eliasson. (Hopefully.)
I'd be slightly surprised if we go in for a striker now. We have 4 who have shown they can all do a job and play a significant part when called upon.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:30 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:24 pm
I'd be slightly surprised if we go in for a striker now. We have 4 who have shown they can all do a job and play a significant part when called upon.
Yes but Muriqi is a totally different striker to the one we were expecting to leave us, (Vydra) so he may have been on the radar as a replacement as a higher quality Barny. Don't get me wrong, I love Barny but I think Muriqi would be better and it appears that we definitely bid for him.

As we move up the PL food chain, the quality has to get better, regardless of loyalty for certain players. Sam Vokes is a prime example. He was great, but as we moved forward, he dropped down the order.