Mourinho :Choose Burnley or Leipzig

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Mourinho :Choose Burnley or Leipzig

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:14 am

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:34 am
Have a look at his bank balance bud and see who's laughing.
Money has always been his number one priority so guess he is laughing mate.
He did brilliant at Porto and Inter Milan and also Chelsea first time round - don’t think anyone can dispute that.
Wheels started to come off at Real Madrid though and he was hated there - by fans and by most of the team. I know he won stuff in Spain so not saying that he wasn’t a success there initially.

Chelsea second time round he fell out with half of the team again - and they downed tools and got rid of him. He failed at United and whilst early days at Spurs things are not going well.

Not saying all this makes him a bad manager all of a sudden but personally I can’t see how he can develop Spurs into a better team than under Poch without giving him £200m / £300m and in their current financial position that isn’t going to happen....and even if it did his recent track record of buying players is not great.

It’s a number of years now since he had a good season by his previous high standards and during those years he has just become more obnoxious and bitter.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:16 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:12 am
Dyche and the unspecial one are poles apart mate,at least Dyche dosent make excuses for a defeat that hasnt happened yet.
That's true bud. Mourinho does have something in common with my wife - they both like to get their retaliation in first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way bud when are you next down for a game...it'd be great to meet up for the first time in.................................ever so long. :lol: :lol:

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:21 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Dyche and the unspecial one are poles apart mate,at least Dyche dosent make excuses for a defeat that hasnt happened yet.
He doesn't have to, he has the Orient game to fall back on and all the happy clappers on here :)

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:55 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:14 am
Money has always been his number one priority so guess he is laughing mate.
He did brilliant at Porto and Inter Milan and also Chelsea first time round - don’t think anyone can dispute that.
Wheels started to come off at Real Madrid though and he was hated there - by fans and by most of the team. I know he won stuff in Spain so not saying that he wasn’t a success there initially.

Chelsea second time round he fell out with half of the team again - and they downed tools and got rid of him. He failed at United and whilst early days at Spurs things are not going well.

Not saying all this makes him a bad manager all of a sudden but personally I can’t see how he can develop Spurs into a better team than under Poch without giving him £200m / £300m and in their current financial position that isn’t going to happen....and even if it did his recent track record of buying players is not great.

It’s a number of years now since he had a good season by his previous high standards and during those years he has just become more obnoxious and bitter.
That's a fair assessment bud. I have noticed he doesn't smile as much recently.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:17 pm

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:55 pm
That's a fair assessment bud. I have noticed he doesn't smile as much recently.
Think it’s partly to do with him losing his hair !
The only good thing about him moving to Spurs was losing him from the sky punditry job.

There was a point when we were getting the 3 (I know it’s 4 !!) Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Mourinho, Souness and Roy Keane.
It says something when you are looking at Graham Souness as the person to brighten up the atmosphere !!

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1330 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:17 pm
The only good thing about him moving to Spurs was losing him from the sky punditry job.

There was a point when we were getting the 3 (I know it’s 4 !!) Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Mourinho, Souness and Roy Keane.
It says something when you are looking at Graham Souness as the person to brighten up the atmosphere !!
Couldn't believe it when Levi appointed him. I thought Spurs were well run.
Last edited by summitclaret on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:17 pm

I didn't mind Souness as a player but he became a pariah for me when he took the Barstewards job. And he is too loud.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 pm

We should be careful about criticising him on here on the eve of a game against one of his teams. You know what they say about speaking too soon.

Who ARE 'they' anyway? Whoever they are they don't half say a lot. :? :? :?
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Stacking up the excuses before kick off, great stuff.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm
I didn't mind Souness as a player but he became a pariah for me when he took the Barstewards job. And he is too loud.
He was a very good player - one of the best midfielders ever seen in this country at his best (as was Roy Keane)
And he had a cameo in Boys from the Black stuff !

But when he went to Rangers as player manager you began to see the real person. And for me he still did probably the worst and most despicable / cowardly tackle I have ever seen when he was playing for Rangers. He deliberately miscontrolled the ball and then followed through with a horrendous leg breaker...probably only equalled with what Roy Keane did to Haaland which because it was premeditated was possibly worse

Anyway we digress !

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Remember when we used to sing "Ginger Mourinho"? It'd be an insult now :lol:
This user liked this post: Steve1956

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:56 pm

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:16 am
That's true bud. Mourinho does have something in common with my wife - they both like to get their retaliation in first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way bud when are you next down for a game...it'd be great to meet up for the first time in.................................ever so long. :lol: :lol:
At a rough guess Ian,i would put it down to about 44 years +...a long time,strange how people lose touch,but something like the internet can bring people back together imagine if we had had camera phones in our twenties,the tales those pictures would tell eh? 8-)
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Guys a disaster waiting to happen, his football is crap, to think spurs got rid of Poch who was getting them playing some absolutely lovely stuff. One more season they would probably have won something, what a massive cock up and that lovely new stadium to watch his team parking the bus in :roll:
This user liked this post: summitclaret