Burnley v Tottenham - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Re: Burnley v Tottenham - Player Ratings

Post by Roosterbooster » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 pm
Vydra 4 still has a fascination to score the perfect goal- just hit it man
I did wonder if Dyche was on here...

Blackburn_Claret
Been Liked: 85 times
Has Liked: 267 times

Post by Blackburn_Claret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:39 pm
Pope 7
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Taylor 7
Hendrick 7
Westwood 8
Cork 7
McNeil 8*
Rodriguez 6
Wood 8

Vydra 6
Ben Mee 8?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:11 pm

Blackburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 pm
Ben Mee 8?
No - didn’t put 8? I put 8, the same score as numerous others gave him all of which you haven’t appeared to challenge.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Mee seems to be getting much more stick than Taylor or Rodriguez for the Spurs goal. In fact, nobody seems to be mentioning the fact Taylor was caught way out of position and Jay lost the ball in a crucial position which the left Mee in a really difficult situation being exposed in his own position whilst quickly having to make a decision about covering the vacant left back berth where Spurs had attacking players over....

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Mee seems to be getting much more stick than Taylor or Rodriguez for the Spurs goal. In fact, nobody seems to be mentioning the fact Taylor was caught way out of position and Jay lost the ball in a crucial position which the left Mee in a really difficult situation being exposed in his own position whilst quickly having to make a decision about covering the vacant left back berth where Spurs had attacking players over....
Yes, but Taylor made a great run, pulling their defensive line apart, and allowing a simple ball through to put him in on goal. You can’t play like Taylor does, as an attacking full back, and always be in the perfect defensive position. His attacking threat is huge. If we really are going to blame someone other than Mee, one of the centre midfielders should fill in at left back as Taylor is clearly instructed to get forwards. Or, Mee could just not lunge in, and funnel their very one footed player onto their weak foot which he was in a decent position to do.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1649 times
Has Liked: 402 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 am

Great run from Taylor. A basic first touch, pivot and pass from Jay and we’re in.

Mee is then exposed, so while he erred the main fault was Jay’s. You can’t take a touch like that at this level. A shame, he had played well to there.
This user liked this post: Buxtonclaret

damo_whitehead
Been Liked: 168 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by damo_whitehead » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 am

Pope 8
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 7
Taylor 7
Hendrick 7
Westwood 8
Cork 8
McNeil 8
Wood 8*
Rodriguez 6

Vydra 7

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 pm
Yes, but Taylor made a great run, pulling their defensive line apart, and allowing a simple ball through to put him in on goal. You can’t play like Taylor does, as an attacking full back, and always be in the perfect defensive position. His attacking threat is huge. If we really are going to blame someone other than Mee, one of the centre midfielders should fill in at left back as Taylor is clearly instructed to get forwards. Or, Mee could just not lunge in, and funnel their very one footed player onto their weak foot which he was in a decent position to do.
You could also argue that there was no huge need for Taylor to make such a 'gung ho' run in the 48th minute in a tough game we were winning... Whether he was right or wrong to have made the run, it's definite that his run exposed Mee and led to the penalty.

But all that wouldn't have mattered had Rodriguez been stronger.

Basically, solely laying the blame at Mee's door is extremely harsh.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Taylor really didn't need to make such an attacking forward run at that stage of the game, it was totally unnecessary. When Mee committed the foul to give away the penalty, the first thing I said to my mates was "where was Taylor, he should have been at left back to stop that?"

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:31 pm

I find it strange that someone should choose to question anothers ratings.

Claret32yrs
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Claret32yrs » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Pope -6 Nothing much to do
Bardsley 7 - I do like him. Offers grit on a weak right.
Tarkowski 8 - It's Tarky. By and large good.
Mee 7 - Marked down 1 for penalty, but I think he's worthy of being let off for it because he is generally immense.
Taylor 8 - Link up play with McNeil was lovely at times.
Hendrick 6 - Marmite player. Can't say I like him but have to say when he is on the game he really is a crucial cog in the wheels!
Westwood 8 - Our little pocket dynamite!
Cork 7 - Ok.
McNeil 8* - This boy is special. Liverpool supporting mate drools over him and I keep telling him he's not for sale.....yet!
Rodriguez 6 - Strangely faded in the second half.
Wood 7 - Get's a goal. Holds up play well.

Vydra 7

All over them like a rash in the first half, much to the chagrin of my Spurs supporting friend. Naturally, they changed it at half time. Lo Celso impressed and drove them forward.