Can you name all these players?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret32yrs
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: Can you name all these players?

Post by Claret32yrs » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:23 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:17 pm
I know the one you mean yeah, but no, I genuinely didn't like it. I just don't like quarters and halves - leave them to rugby. I don't know how the fans feel but have you seen the Juventus shirt? How could they change one of the most famous and recognisable shirts in football into that awful design? And Barcelona with that bloody awful chequered thing they now have. Terrible.

I'm just a traditionalist. Having said that my favourite Burnley shirt of all time was the solid claret one with the V. Circa early/mid 70s. Loved that one - it had a kind of South American feel to it. :D
Can't disagree. Some clubs shirts have gone away from tradition so far they're unrecognisable. Incidentally. I had that Chevron Claret shirt from the 70's until quite recently.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Claret32yrs
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Claret32yrs » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:29 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:21 pm
Pope/Heaton/Stevenson/Blacklaw. Not in any particular order. All fantastic.
Do remember Stevenson vaguely. Heaton probably the best from memory though. Can't comment on Blacklaw, was before my time.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Claret32yrs wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Do remember Stevenson vaguely. Heaton probably the best from memory though. Can't comment on Blacklaw, was before my time.
When I first started going on the Turf Blacklaw was at the end of his career nearly so never really saw him at his best but the stories I've heard and what I saw were enough. Stevenson was just amazing but never played for England simply because we had so many great goalies at the time.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3778 times
Has Liked: 7574 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:59 pm

Blacklaw was good. Saw him many times. My dad rated him.
Stevenson though, oozed class. It left him a bit at the end though.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud