Liverpool's title may rest in our hands

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cdgoodwill

Liverpool's title may rest in our hands

Post by cdgoodwill » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Hypothetically, if the government were to suspend the PL before next weekend's fixture, then the only way for Liverpool to mathematically seal the title would be for Burnley to beat Man City and for Liverpool to beat Everton.

If that doesn't happen, then the PL could technically say there was a probability that Man City could have overtaken Liverpool and therefore make this season a No Contest (although no one would object to Liverpool being given the title anyway).

The question is, who to annoy more? Man city by embarrassing them in the Emptyhad or Liverpool by delaying their title? Jay Rodriguez could also win another title for another team like he did in 17/18 against Man Utd.

claretburns
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Re: Liverpool's title may rest in our hands

Post by claretburns » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:25 pm

The thing that annoyed me slightly was after City v Arsenal was postponed the article, on the BBC I believe, stated Liverpool can no longer win the title this weekend, completely dismissing the fact that Burnley may win at City.

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 pm

claretburns wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:25 pm
The thing that annoyed me slightly was after City v Arsenal was postponed the article, on the BBC I believe, stated Liverpool can no longer win the title this weekend, completely dismissing the fact that Burnley may win at City.
I assume that is because the mickey mouse Derby is Monday!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:30 pm

cdgoodwill wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:06 pm
If that doesn't happen, then the PL could technically say there was a probability that Man City could have overtaken Liverpool and therefore make this season a No Contest (although no one would object to Liverpool being given the title anyway).
I very much doubt the PL would say Man City catching Liverpool is likely.

Possible - but not probable.