City player self-isolating

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cajun
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:19 am
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 212 times
Location: USA

City player self-isolating

Post by Cajun » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51864868
City player self-isolating. Could Saturday's fixture be in doubt?

clansman
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by clansman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:27 pm

If confirmed tomorrow family member has it, it will definitely be called off.

thelaughingclaret
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Been Liked: 199 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by thelaughingclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Would be very surprised if the game goes ahead now. Suspect it will be postponed and if it does not happen tomorrow then next week for sure the season will be postponed.
If uefa have any sense which they don’t they will move euro 2020 to 2021 and allow leagues and cups to be completed over the summer when things have hopefully calmed down.

Winstonswhite
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am
Been Liked: 407 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Winstonswhite » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 pm

They should definitely postpone the Euros. It’s not like any individual country will miss out as it’s to be played all over the place.

HunterST_BFC
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm
Been Liked: 902 times
Has Liked: 1782 times
Location: varied

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by HunterST_BFC » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm

There is no way this will have calmed down by the summer...

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 671 times
Has Liked: 702 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by box_of_frogs » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:46 pm

HunterST_BFC wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
There is no way this will have calmed down by the summer...
Why not? Are you an infectious disease specialist?
This user liked this post: Quicknick

claretburns
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 92 times
Location: Halifax

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by claretburns » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm

SkySports: All Premier League matches this weekend to go ahead as scheduled.

clansman
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by clansman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:49 pm

But this one won’t if mendy’s relative proves positive

Gordaleman
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 356 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 pm

Cajun wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 pm
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51864868
City player self-isolating. Could Saturday's fixture be in doubt?
Well, as neither he or the person he's self isolating because of, have been confirmed as having it, it will probably turn out to be a false alarm.

I think City have plenty of other players for Saturday.

1fatclaret
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 pm
Been Liked: 128 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by 1fatclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:54 pm

Don't think the issue is about whether they have adequate cover for Mendy.....
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

NewClaret
Posts: 1139
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:51 am
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by NewClaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Why would it be off if one player is self-isolating?

We’re going to need to get used to this and get on with things. Gloves on, no handshakes, get on with it.

1fatclaret
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 pm
Been Liked: 128 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by 1fatclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Because he's been in training with the rest of the team. If he turns out to test positive for covid-19 then it's most likely Man City will isolate all who have been in contact with him this last week or so.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill thelaughingclaret

conyoviejo
Posts: 4119
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 1089 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by conyoviejo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Leicester City have 3 players self isolating .

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7321 times
Has Liked: 10109 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 pm

1fatclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 pm
Because he's been in training with the rest of the team. If he turns out to test positive for covid-19 then it's most likely Man City will isolate all who have been in contact with him this last week or so.
Play the kids.
This user liked this post: 1fatclaret

TVC15
Posts: 7520
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2982 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by TVC15 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Arteta got in now

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6783
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2286 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 pm

It's OK they can all just wash their hands it'll be fine.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

HunterST_BFC
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm
Been Liked: 902 times
Has Liked: 1782 times
Location: varied

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by HunterST_BFC » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:46 pm
Why not? Are you an infectious disease specialist?
No I'm not.
Just following the info available.

Plus if you think a nice warm summer will help stop this you are blind to the facts out there.
Look at the countries with cases, the spread and rise that shows no sign of stopping.
There is no vaccine and there won't be for the foreseeable.
I could go on...

Not a wish to start an aggy debate with you or anyone Boxoffrogs. Please don't see this post in this way.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

thelaughingclaret
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Been Liked: 199 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by thelaughingclaret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 pm

HunterST_BFC wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm
No I'm not.
Just following the info available.

Plus if you think a nice warm summer will help stop this you are blind to the facts out there.
Look at the countries with cases, the spread and rise that shows no sign of stopping.
There is no vaccine and there won't be for the foreseeable.
I could go on...

Not a wish to start an aggy debate with you or anyone Boxoffrogs. Please don't see this post in this way.
What will help is summer is emergency services won’t be as strained as they are in winter, and hopefully there is a possibility by then if all the governments plans work cases of the virus will have gotten over the hump so to speak and be declining by then. Now for the last part there’s no way to know if that will happen but by summer we will have a better understanding of the virus and how to better treat it hopefully which will go some way. At the moment our understating of the virus is raw. Time will tell of course but no one at this stage can predict accurately what exactly is going to happen, certainly not someone on football message board.

Bin Ont Turf
Posts: 9342
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am
Been Liked: 4387 times
Has Liked: 545 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:45 pm

Self isolating is what Bamford did at Burnley.

bfcmik
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:03 pm
Been Liked: 606 times
Has Liked: 649 times
Location: Solihull Geriatric Centre

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by bfcmik » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 am

HunterST_BFC wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm
There is no vaccine and there won't be for the foreseeable.
They had identified the entire genome of the virus by 7th January and there are already 19 vaccines being looked at or tested. Some research is looking at variations of existing anti-viral treatments and the one that is now used against malaria has been reported as being quite effective for those suffering severe effects from CoVid19 though there have been only a very small number of tests to date. Many scientists now believe that a vaccine will be available by the summer and effective treatments before that. The various Centres for Disease Prevention and Control around the globe are co-operating and sharing knowledge and research

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7321 times
Has Liked: 10109 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 am

bfcmik wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 am
They had identified the entire genome of the virus by 7th January and there are already 19 vaccines being looked at or tested. Some research is looking at variations of existing anti-viral treatments and the one that is now used against malaria has been reported as being quite effective for those suffering severe effects from CoVid19 though there have been only a very small number of tests to date. Many scientists now believe that a vaccine will be available by the summer and effective treatments before that. The various Centres for Disease Prevention and Control around the globe are co-operating and sharing knowledge and research
I hope it’s malarone. Wicked dreams.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am

Rovers fans been self isolating for years ! Meeting of PL clubs tomorrow to decide if games should go ahead.

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 18825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7321 times
Has Liked: 10109 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:39 am

Can’t see how they will go ahead. Or should do. At least in public.

Of course lower league clubs may struggle. But there should be assurances out in place that games will go ahead just at a later date.

Or perhaps premier league clubs should have a moral obligation to help them out. After all the competition is nothing without all of its participants.
This user liked this post: 1fatclaret

HunterST_BFC
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm
Been Liked: 902 times
Has Liked: 1782 times
Location: varied

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by HunterST_BFC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:46 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 pm
What will help is summer is emergency services won’t be as strained as they are in winter, and hopefully there is a possibility by then if all the governments plans work cases of the virus will have gotten over the hump so to speak and be declining by then. Now for the last part there’s no way to know if that will happen but by summer we will have a better understanding of the virus and how to better treat it hopefully which will go some way. At the moment our understating of the virus is raw. Time will tell of course but no one at this stage can predict accurately what exactly is going to happen, certainly not someone on football message board.
First point - that seems to be the plan (still not enough though)

Read this link - Graph 7 and its reasoning why is a particular point.
Graph 23 hits home harder.
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

HieronymousBoschHobs
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:26 pm
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:25 am

Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) has tested positive
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... oronavirus

Vegas Claret
Posts: 16135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5278 times
Has Liked: 2442 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 am

they have to suspend the season, it's a ridiculously easy decision

Hendrickxz
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm
Been Liked: 165 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Hendrickxz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:20 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 pm
It's OK they can all just wash their hands it'll be fine.
I would have thought the disgusting habit some players have of flobbing and gobbing all over the pitch might be a bigger threat than their hands!

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 671 times
Has Liked: 702 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:32 am

HunterST_BFC wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm
No I'm not.
Just following the info available.

Plus if you think a nice warm summer will help stop this you are blind to the facts out there.
Look at the countries with cases, the spread and rise that shows no sign of stopping.
There is no vaccine and there won't be for the foreseeable.
I could go on...

Not a wish to start an aggy debate with you or anyone Boxoffrogs. Please don't see this post in this way.
Without arguing, I disagree about a nice hot summer. It’s a fact that most viruses do not like the increased levels of UV light that you get in the summer months. That will therefore decrease the time it can live when the virus is not within a host cell.

I’ll stick with the science and my degree in Medical Microbiology and not conjecture.

MACCA
Posts: 12143
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3136 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by MACCA » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:38 am

You'd have thought with all that cash, he could have just bought 1000 toilet rolls, lots of pasta, hand gel/sanitiser and he wouldn't have caught it......

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 671 times
Has Liked: 702 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:58 am

MACCA wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:38 am
You'd have thought with all that cash, he could have just bought 1000 toilet rolls, lots of pasta, hand gel/sanitiser and he wouldn't have caught it......
He probably did. Perhaps the fat Greek owner of Olympiacos didn’t do the same!

claretburns
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 92 times
Location: Halifax

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by claretburns » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:08 am

Premier League meeting at 10:30 this morning, suspension of all games likely until the International break at the earliest.

CFS
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by CFS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 am
they have to suspend the season, it's a ridiculously easy decision
Do they really?? As they would suspend a season if 1% of ST holders in this country got the virus? I doubt it but a few in football have got it the world is ending.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 16135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5278 times
Has Liked: 2442 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am

CFS wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Do they really?? As they would suspend a season if 1% of ST holders in this country got the virus? I doubt it but a few in football have got it the world is ending.
can't play football with no players, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea and Watford so far have issues with players. If you think this virus is nothing to worry about then there's not much anyone can say to you - I for one put my trust in the scientists

Goodclaret
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm
Been Liked: 387 times
Has Liked: 970 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Goodclaret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 am

How come we feel this won't be quickly contained when China, with a huge population and the largest number of reported cases, have managed to reduce the new cases to just 80 yesterday? They seem to have slowed it down within a couple of weeks.

claretburns
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 92 times
Location: Halifax

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by claretburns » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am

Everton staff and players now in isolation due to a player showing symptoms.

Coolbreeze799
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 am
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Coolbreeze799 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am

City away is on

claretburns
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 92 times
Location: Halifax

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by claretburns » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am

Goodclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 am
How come we feel this won't be quickly contained when China, with a huge population and the largest number of reported cases, have managed to reduce the new cases to just 80 yesterday? They seem to have slowed it down within a couple of weeks.
It's taken nearly 2 months for China to contain it, expect the same here.

diamondpocket
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:18 pm
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 64 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by diamondpocket » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am

Goodclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 am
How come we feel this won't be quickly contained when China, with a huge population and the largest number of reported cases, have managed to reduce the new cases to just 80 yesterday? They seem to have slowed it down within a couple of weeks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a couple of weeks.

Gordaleman
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 356 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am

Coolbreeze799 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am
City away is on
At the moment. I don't think it will be later today.

houseboy
Posts: 5574
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 1280 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am
can't play football with no players, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea and Watford so far have issues with players. If you think this virus is nothing to worry about then there's not much anyone can say to you - I for one put my trust in the scientists
I was thinking about this yesterday and given the evidence that we have so far I wondered what EXACTLY people are really worried about. Yes it's a nasty bug and highly contagious but only a relatively small number of people, in percentage terms, are actually being seriously ill and even fewer dying. I know it's nasty and I'm not belittling anything but I'm being realistic. It's best to try to eadicate it and/or stop it spreading but what, again exactly, are people fearing is going to happen?
I understand the worry from governments because if many people are off work at the same time it causes a problem for the economy, I see that, but if anyone could fill in the blanks with GENUINE info I'd be grateful. From the info I have read what we have is a disease that most people won't catch and of those that do a large percentage will get nothing more than something akin to a bad cold. Experts think that there may be many more cases than reported because the symptoms are so mild many people aren't even going to the doctors. At it's peak it is predicted that there will of course be a strain on hospitals but, if some experts are to be believed, nothing we can't cope with. Given the fact that most people didn't know until recently that 10,000 people in this country die every year from flu I wonder if the news hadn't spread like wildfire because of modern media if most people would have even noticed anything wrong.
Sorry if this seems a little light but I am just going off what I know from reading about things.
And why the f*ck are people panic buying toilet rolls? That is the oddest thing to me and quite bizarre. If anyone on here has done that could you please explain in detail why the hell you have done it. This disease doesn't cause the runs as far as I'm aware so how many sh!ts do people need in a 2 week isolation period, even if you have a family of 4/5? You don't need 200 bog rolls FFS.

Bigvince
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 pm
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 211 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Bigvince » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:02 am

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am
I was thinking about this yesterday and given the evidence that we have so far I wondered what EXACTLY people are really worried about. Yes it's a nasty bug and highly contagious but only a relatively small number of people, in percentage terms, are actually being seriously ill and even fewer dying. I know it's nasty and I'm not belittling anything but I'm being realistic. It's best to try to eadicate it and/or stop it spreading but what, again exactly, are people fearing is going to happen?
I understand the worry from governments because if many people are off work at the same time it causes a problem for the economy, I see that, but if anyone could fill in the blanks with GENUINE info I'd be grateful. From the info I have read what we have is a disease that most people won't catch and of those that do a large percentage will get nothing more than something akin to a bad cold. Experts think that there may be many more cases than reported because the symptoms are so mild many people aren't even going to the doctors. At it's peak it is predicted that there will of course be a strain on hospitals but, if some experts are to be believed, nothing we can't cope with. Given the fact that most people didn't know until recently that 10,000 people in this country die every year from flu I wonder if the news hadn't spread like wildfire because of modern media if most people would have even noticed anything wrong.
Sorry if this seems a little light but I am just going off what I know from reading about things.
And why the f*ck are people panic buying toilet rolls? That is the oddest thing to me and quite bizarre. If anyone on here has done that could you please explain in detail why the hell you have done it. This disease doesn't cause the runs as far as I'm aware so how many sh!ts do people need in a 2 week isolation period, even if you have a family of 4/5? You don't need 200 bog rolls FFS.
If 80% of the population are infected with covid19 and 1% of those die, that would mean 500,000 deaths.
I guess that’s what people are fearing, and with just cause!

houseboy
Posts: 5574
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 1280 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:02 am

claretburns wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am
It's taken nearly 2 months for China to contain it, expect the same here.
It could be less here depending on the measures taken because China's has been quite severe, but it seems to have worked. But given the density of their population and the fact that they got taken by surprise the fact that they have got it under control in a couple of months is quite encouraging. We have had weeks to prepare for this and measures have already been put in place before it has even got a proper foothold, If it takes us longer than China then the question would have to be asked 'why'?

houseboy
Posts: 5574
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 1280 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 am

Bigvince wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:02 am
If 80% of the population are infected with covid19 and 1% of those die, that would mean 500,000 deaths.
I guess that’s what people are fearing, and with just cause!
Agreed, but the evidence from other countries is suggesting that it won't be anything like 80%, in fact if you use China as an example:
Facts as of this morning 10 minutes ago:
Total cases - 80,814
Recovered - 64,151
Ongoing 13,486
Deaths - 3,177
This in a country of 1.386 billion people. And they appear to have it under control. That is about .0006% (I think) of the population. Why do we (or you) assume 80% of people here will get it?
Last edited by houseboy on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CFS
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by CFS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am
can't play football with no players, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea and Watford so far have issues with players. If you think this virus is nothing to worry about then there's not much anyone can say to you - I for one put my trust in the scientists
That's what squads are for exactly these circumstances

houseboy
Posts: 5574
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 1280 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by houseboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:17 am

CFS wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am
That's what squads are for exactly these circumstances
Yes but the big 6 think that even if they have 22 world class squad players they should get games called off because 3 or 4 are unavailable. :lol:

claretburns
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 92 times
Location: Halifax

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by claretburns » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:20 am

Bournemouth now self-isolating after 5 staff members showed symptoms.

Goodclaret
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm
Been Liked: 387 times
Has Liked: 970 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Goodclaret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:18 am

diamondpocket wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a couple of weeks.
The peak of new cases (in one day) in China was on the 13th February with just over 15k. By the 24th February, and each day since, there have been, on average, about 2 to 300 new cases per day. I'd say that's a fair decrease in a couple of weeks.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 16135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5278 times
Has Liked: 2442 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:25 pm

CFS wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am
That's what squads are for exactly these circumstances
seriously embarrassing comment CFS. A squad is there for when a team has a few muscle problems or a busted ankle not for a life threatening disease

Vegas Claret
Posts: 16135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5278 times
Has Liked: 2442 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:29 pm

houseboy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am
I was thinking about this yesterday and given the evidence that we have so far I wondered what EXACTLY people are really worried about. Yes it's a nasty bug and highly contagious but only a relatively small number of people, in percentage terms, are actually being seriously ill and even fewer dying. I know it's nasty and I'm not belittling anything but I'm being realistic. It's best to try to eadicate it and/or stop it spreading but what, again exactly, are people fearing is going to happen?
I understand the worry from governments because if many people are off work at the same time it causes a problem for the economy, I see that, but if anyone could fill in the blanks with GENUINE info I'd be grateful. From the info I have read what we have is a disease that most people won't catch and of those that do a large percentage will get nothing more than something akin to a bad cold. Experts think that there may be many more cases than reported because the symptoms are so mild many people aren't even going to the doctors. At it's peak it is predicted that there will of course be a strain on hospitals but, if some experts are to be believed, nothing we can't cope with. Given the fact that most people didn't know until recently that 10,000 people in this country die every year from flu I wonder if the news hadn't spread like wildfire because of modern media if most people would have even noticed anything wrong.
Sorry if this seems a little light but I am just going off what I know from reading about things.
And why the f*ck are people panic buying toilet rolls? That is the oddest thing to me and quite bizarre. If anyone on here has done that could you please explain in detail why the hell you have done it. This disease doesn't cause the runs as far as I'm aware so how many sh!ts do people need in a 2 week isolation period, even if you have a family of 4/5? You don't need 200 bog rolls FFS.
last number I saw was that it was something along the lines of 11 times more deadly than the normal flu. The fact that governments are shutting things down all over the world at the advice of the scientists should tell even the most hardcore of doubters that **** is real - Trump will do anything to look good, keep positive numbers and make money yet even he has had to put a stop to things that will be harmful to all those things

Spike
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm
Been Liked: 362 times
Has Liked: 792 times

Re: City player self-isolating

Post by Spike » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:29 pm

scared of in form burnley not manflu!

Post Reply