Keep safe fellow Clarets and fellow UTC readers

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Keep safe fellow Clarets and fellow UTC readers

Post by ecc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Please take this message purely for the reason I'm posting it. Please let's put to one side all the differing opinions about Coronavirus.

Right now governments across Europe, across the world are taking measures to stop it spreading.

Let's not panic but follow these measures.

Let's think about the people potentially most at risk i.e. elderly folk. They need the rest of society more than ever. We need to protect them. Make sure they are okay, make sure they have food and drink and reassurance. They need our support.

We need solidarity. We need to think of health. Our own and everybody else's.

We all love football and will miss it but it is but a game, a source of entertainment.

Today, more than usual, health is the bottom line.

Stay safe my fellow Clarets and non-Clarets who read this forum.

Together we can beat it!
These 14 users liked this post: Bosscat jtv Claret-On-A-T-Rex TVC15 MT03ALG tiger76 bfcjg Bordeauxclaret Wile E Coyote spadesclaret JohnMac chorleyhere The Enclosure k90bfc

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Re: Keep safe fellow Clarets and fellow UTC readers

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Seconded, stay safe all.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:59 pm

Absolutely. It’s difficult to think that just a few weeks ago these situations would be pure fiction.

Let’s hope and pray that the people who are making the decisions are correct. I genuinely feel for them as well as there seems to be so much conflicting information.

Good luck to everyone.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm

there seems to be a lot of community spirit out there, well intentioned unselfish people , willing to help the vulnerable and needy. it clearly is a crisis, but sadly the flip side is the sour faced bastards, stockpiling everything, mindless, pathetic slobs, without a second thought for anyone but themselves. pity the virus can't be aimed. the NHS unfortunately has to deal with these fatuous pricks too. I hate their greedy faces with a passion.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone k90bfc

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:03 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm
there seems to be a lot of community spirit out there, well intentioned unselfish people , willing to help the vulnerable and needy. it clearly is a crisis, but sadly the flip side is the sour faced bastards, stockpiling everything, mindless, pathetic slobs, without a second thought for anyone but themselves. pity the virus can't be aimed. the NHS unfortunately has to deal with these fatuous pricks too. I hate their greedy faces with a passion.
Absolutely. My cousins husband now works in retail. After spending more than two decades serving the country.

He is doing so despite suffering COPD himself and obviously therefore putting himself at risk.

He and some of his colleagues have been abused at work today presumably because there is surplus of things that people want to stockpile.

On the contrary I asked my mrs to pick up some extra baby milk. Just in case. (Not stockpile but enough for the next couple of weeks / we usually have extra anyway because I invariably spill it when making any bottles during the night). She said no. We have enough. And there will be enough. Other people might not have any now!

Proud of both for different reasons.

I do understand the panic. Particularly with all the confusion. And the inevitability that at some point we will be locked down.

It’s strange times for sure.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:10 am

The community spirit is not portrayed by the panic buying.

Last months. #be-kind has been replaced by. #fcuk everyone else

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:19 am

paulatky wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:10 am
The community spirit is not portrayed by the panic buying.

Last months. #be-kind has been replaced by. #fcuk everyone else
I agree, I went to do a standard weekly shop and couldnt even do that, never mind bulk buy.

There's a lot of selfish people out there.
You usually start to see peoples true colours in tough times.

Most people generally have enough food and provisions in for a couple of weeks after a normal weekly shop.
Why anyone needs 30 tins of something when they go through 4 a week I'll never know.

I'll try one last time later to get the things I need and use on a regular basis, but I'm not holding much hope.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4834 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:16 am

Health comes first, all the time. Stay safe everyone and please treat this seriously.

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Post by Bertiebeehead » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm
Don’t look at the ‘markets’ thread, gold gold gold!