Remote foodbank donations?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Remote foodbank donations?

Post by tiger76 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 am

Clearly they'll be no matchday collections at the turf for some months,i just wondered if there was some way of people donating through this website,

Whether that was by giving bank details to CT or one of the mods.

I'm well aware many people are financially stretched at this time,so i fully understand not everyone is in a position to help,i'm fortunate that i don't have the amount of overheads many others do,and even if we're not in work(likely from Monday) i'll still be paid my normal salary.

It's difficult for everybody at this time,and due to social distancing etc,it's not possible to physically help for most folks,but this is one way the UTC community can come together,wherever we are based.

I'm going to work soon.so i'll check back later on the details. :)

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Re: Remote foodbank donations?

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:55 am

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 am
Clearly they'll be no matchday collections at the turf for some months,i just wondered if there was some way of people donating through this website,

Whether that was by giving bank details to CT or one of the mods.

I'm well aware many people are financially stretched at this time,so i fully understand not everyone is in a position to help,i'm fortunate that i don't have the amount of overheads many others do,and even if we're not in work(likely from Monday) i'll still be paid my normal salary.

It's difficult for everybody at this time,and due to social distancing etc,it's not possible to physically help for most folks,but this is one way the UTC community can come together,wherever we are based.

I'm going to work soon.so i'll check back later on the details. :)
I've been trying to think of ways of doing this. At the start of the week I was thinking about possibly local people taking donations to the collection points in town but they are all closing. The Community Kitchen closed this week and is now open only for referrals for the foodbank.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 pm

There was a post on FB this morning from a Pastor Fleming who runs a 'Church on the Street' ministry.

They are taking food donations for those in need at the church on St. Matthews Street, Burnley.

Saturday 8-10 and Sunday 9-11 am

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 pm

For anyone in town who wishes to donate any food items, there are now some of our wheelie bins positioned outside the Community Cafe which is above New Look in the back corner of the market square.

A justgiving page has also been set up should anyone wish to make a donation

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/sup ... eyfoodbank

As soon as football returns, whenever that will be, and as soon as it is safe for us to attend, we will start the collections again on match day. Up the Clarets were earmarked for the Sheffield United game and hopefully we'll be able to cover that game at some time in the future.

The foodbank need has increased by 300% in the last two weeks.
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley1989 Vintage Claret tiger76

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 pm
For anyone in town who wishes to donate any food items, there are now some of our wheelie bins positioned outside the Community Cafe which is above New Look in the back corner of the market square.

As soon as football returns, whenever that will be, and as soon as it is safe for us to attend, we will start the collections again on match day. Up the Clarets were earmarked for the Sheffield United game and hopefully we'll be able to cover that game at some time in the future.

You’re a good man Tony

Longsidelenny
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Longsidelenny » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Well done again tony keep up the good work at these difficult times utc

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Not been moved to support food banks before (sorry) but think a lot of people might be needing them in the coming months. I need to have a serious look at what I can afford to do regularly, the stockpiling nonsense has left me cold and I’m ready to be part of a more positive story.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Stanbill05 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm
Not been moved to support food banks before (sorry) but think a lot of people might be needing them in the coming months. I need to have a serious look at what I can afford to do regularly, the stockpiling nonsense has left me cold and I’m ready to be part of a more positive story.
You would be amazed how many people have needed them before this crisis

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:17 pm

I’m sure that’s true but I had my doubts for my own reasons. I am now in no doubt. Better late than never.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8516 times
Has Liked: 18259 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

Just been reading about this on the BFC website keep up.the good work Tony 👍😎👍

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:38 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

Just made a modest donation,but it all adds up,and it's a surprisingly easy process,with the schools closing i sadly think the demand will keep on growing.

Keep up the good work CT as much as you can during these trying times.