Food Hygiene Rating

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CrispyClaret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Food Hygiene Rating

Post by CrispyClaret » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 pm

Now that all the pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed for the foreseeable future, there is no excuse for them not to be immaculately clean for when they reopen.
Or more likely, they will left to fester and the first customers will be puking from food poisoning.

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Re: Food Hygiene Rating

Post by Bertiebeehead » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:30 pm

What a happy thought.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5173 times

Post by Rowls » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:37 pm

It's always worth noting a outlets food hygiene score but there are a few things to take into account.

They aren't all going to get re-tested during the 'flu panic.

A score of less than 5 shouldn't necessarily mean the outlet isn't worthy - small takeaways are often so small that they lack a few extra facilities (eg. sinks dedicated solely to handwashing) and may lose a mark on physical aspects of the building which would be difficult for them change (eg. lighting, plumbing etc).

So as a general rule, if I go to a large outlet (eg. Wetherspoons, a large Indian restaurant, or a Bannys etc) I expect them to have scored 5/5. For a small takeaway I would be less demanding and, depending on the size of their premises, happily visit anything down to 3/5 on the UK scale.

You're better off eating at a 3/5 takeaway where the chef practices good hygiene than you are at a 5/5 joint who has just employed a filthy new chef.

I won't knowingly eat anywhere witha 2/5 score.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Post by Belial » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:37 pm
It's always worth noting a outlets food hygiene score but there are a few things to take into account.

They aren't all going to get re-tested during the 'flu panic.

A score of less than 5 shouldn't necessarily mean the outlet isn't worthy - small takeaways are often so small that they lack a few extra facilities (eg. sinks dedicated solely to handwashing) and may lose a mark on physical aspects of the building which would be difficult for them change (eg. lighting, plumbing etc).

So as a general rule, if I go to a large outlet (eg. Wetherspoons, a large Indian restaurant, or a Bannys etc) I expect them to have scored 5/5. For a small takeaway I would be less demanding and, depending on the size of their premises, happily visit anything down to 3/5 on the UK scale.

You're better off eating at a 3/5 takeaway where the chef practices good hygiene than you are at a 5/5 joint who has just employed a filthy new chef.

I won't knowingly eat anywhere witha 2/5 score.
All big chains should be 5''s as they should have the systems in place and premises etc. to meet the standards. Take aways, if a 3, could be from any type of issue, and a chef not practicing good hygiene could be one of them.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Just keep the Fcking Kitchen clean dirty F..kas!

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:28 pm

A place below a Four Rating has to have outstanding, and credible, reviews to temp me into parting with my money. I also avoid places that haven't been tested in years if I've not eaten there in the recent past.