Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 am

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:12 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 am
fvck Donald Trump
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status ... 86626?s=20
Possibly the lost cringeworthy thing I've seen on the Internet today, and that includes Birmingham City retiring Jude Bellinghams shirt.
Did you film that?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:54 am

It's very worrying that the president of the USA takes pride in passing a cognitive test where one of the questions is:

"What colour is an elephant?"

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:07 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:12 am
Possibly the lost cringeworthy thing I've seen on the Internet today, and that includes Birmingham City retiring Jude Bellinghams shirt.
Did you film that?
no Damo I didn't. I'd ask you to explain why you think thousands of people coming together in protest is cringeworthy but it's clear by all your comments where your opinion on BLM and Trump are so I'll not bother

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm

another image that sums it up, a bloke with his daughter on his shoulder clearly posing a massive threat
Attachments
EdsfNupWkAAFF7t.png
EdsfNupWkAAFF7t.png (512.18 KiB) Viewed 3843 times

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7554 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 pm

"They looked wild and threatened us with a bag of candy......we were left no choice"
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:37 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:07 pm
no Damo I didn't. I'd ask you to explain why you think thousands of people coming together in protest is cringeworthy but it's clear by all your comments where your opinion on BLM and Trump are so I'll not bother
Yeah, we know you think everybody who disagrees with you is a racist. The reality is that you can't engage in logical discourse.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm
another image that sums it up, a bloke with his daughter on his shoulder clearly posing a massive threat
I used to take my kids to the Park or the Beach.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12477 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Spijed wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:54 am
It's very worrying that the president of the USA takes pride in passing a cognitive test where one of the questions is:

"What colour is an elephant?"
That wasn't the question. There were 3 pictures of animals (one being an elephant) and he had to say what the animals were. :D
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed AndrewJB

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:36 am

tim_noone wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:43 pm
I used to take my kids to the Park or the Beach.
chances are he was trying to
These 2 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Bordeauxclaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:45 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:37 pm
Yeah, we know you think everybody who disagrees with you is a racist. The reality is that you can't engage in logical discourse.
"yeah, we know you think everybody who disagrees with you is a racist." - show me where I've called you racist ? Seems to be a theme running through loads of your replies to people.......

I've offered to have conversations with you and every time you come back with the same nonsense, zero facts or anything to have a conversation about.
You've even called me out for something you think I said, that I can find no proof for so asked you to show me - no reply from you

another Uwe gem
"The reason the country is divided is down to two things: a corrupt media who actually hate traditional American values and a Democratic party who will do and say anything to win"

you were then asked "I'd be interested to hear your considered opinion on these Traditional Amarican Values your posting about too, if you like?"

No reply

I can carry on, there are pages of you giving it the big "look at me" but when someone actually asks you a question you don't answer

Wonder who that reminds me of ?

I'm not expecting a cognitive reply from you so don't waste your time

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7177 times

Post by Quicknick » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:07 am

A lot of TDS on here.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:49 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:36 am
chances are he was trying to
:lol:

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:50 am

Leisure wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 pm
That wasn't the question. There were 3 pictures of animals (one being an elephant) and he had to say what the animals were. :D
:)

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:24 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm

I hate Trump because he's a knob, and I'm definitely left-leaning politically. But this photo is deceptive. The police officer was aiming down the street and not at the man and his child. Just poor camera work.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:52 am

Sums it up all right. :roll:

Anyone with any sense wouldn't be in that position, they would get their child out of that that area fast.

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:01 pm

He's now suggesting the election be postponed.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:40 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:01 pm
He's now suggesting the election be postponed.
Biggest ever US quarterly GDP contraction since reports began being published 70 years ago. It's a distraction from that. It's a dead cat on the table.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Rep. Mitt Romney speaking out against Trump. Bit long but so many truths.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xd3kr-QpeM

Buxtonclaret

Post by Buxtonclaret » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:08 pm

A lot of GoP big wigs have stamped on it already.
A few people over there have been saying he'd try this all summer.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:08 pm
A lot of GoP big wigs have stamped on it already.
A few people over there have been saying he'd try this all summer.
He can postpone it if he likes, it won't help him. The constitution gives ANY President a four year term and not a day longer. Even if there's no election, he's out on his ear in January.

Buxtonclaret

Post by Buxtonclaret » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:14 pm
He can postpone it if he likes, it won't help him. The constitution gives ANY President a four year term and not a day longer. Even if there's no election, he's out on his ear in January.
Ah but this is Trump.
Law is for other people. It'll hopefully be a shock when someone points out that he's not above it.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Actually he can't only Congress can, and there is no sign that they're even considering this, on the 4 year term you are spot on, how that would work in practice if it got that far IDK, i guess that there would be some form of interim president, or Pence assumes the role until the election can be held, but that is unlikely as there is no valid reason why the voting can't go ahead in November, what would have to change is the campaigning, but the actual electoral process can proceed even if it's means voting by post.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 pm

This was discussed earlier and I think it was said that in the event of the election being postponed Nancy Pelosi would become acting President. I don't think Trump would like that. I suppose he try to impose martial law or suspend the constitution, he's unhinged enough to try anything.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Ah but this is Trump.
Law is for other people. It'll hopefully be a shock when someone points out that he's not above it.
The election will happen but not because of the rule of law. It's not about rule of law, such a thing doesn't seem to constrain the Republicans. Like you say, rule of law is for other little people, but the election is happening because a postponement of the election would be political self-destruction for the Republican party. Not because it'd be politically damaging to them in the eyes of the electorate, it would be to a certain degree, but that's not even the reason why it'd be self-destruction. It's about the line of succession.

Trump's term, vice president Pence's term, and thus the term of the entire administration expires on the 20th Jan. No elections mean none of those positions are filled or renewed. Any attempt to stay on without an election beyond 20th Jan has as much legal basis as me declaring myself US President. Next in the line of succession after VP is usually the speaker of the house of representatives (in the current case, a Democrat, Pelosi as mentioned above), BUT, all congressional terms, including hers, expire in January also, so without a congress from which to select a president it goes to the senate, specifically something called the president pro tempore of the senate (just found out about that today), currently a Republican fossil called Chuck Grassley. Senatorial terms are 6 years, but they overlap (the idea being that they are the stabilising hand over democracy, preventing wholesale clear out in a single election). Less than half of the senate is up for re-election this year, which naturally means a majority still serve their terms beyond Jan, so here, finally, we have a group of people who decide who is president if there's not an election. Now then, many of those running for re-election in November are Republicans, meaning without an election to fill those positions, the senate head-count drops (I think there's legal ambiguity about governors and state-legislatures filling senate seats) and Democrats will have a majority in the senate, and so can quite literally vote for whomever they like from among themselves to be President. It'd be from among the more prominent or longer-serving senators such as Sanders and Warren. The Democrats, I'm as sure as you can be of a thing, would quickly organise an election, with terminal damage inflicted on the Republican party. Quite obviously, Republicans aren't going to let that happen. The election is happening, and I imagine Trump's tweet has given his party the biggest headache of his entire presidency. Complete own goal while trying to distract from terrible economic reports released today.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Buxtonclaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:32 pm

It wont change, it's in the constitution

Buxtonclaret

Post by Buxtonclaret » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 am

Good, in-depth, & interesting post, Spiral.

Though if you were explaining it to Trump, you'd probably need a few pictures to help run it by him. :lol:
He's been well and truly put down for saying it.
As you point out, he's all most certainly done it to take the focus off current realities.
But it's very, very easy to imagine he's going to try anything to keep himself in a job he's done so badly up to now.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 am

Buxtonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 am
Good, in-depth, & interesting post, Spiral.

Though if you were explaining it to Trump, you'd probably need a few pictures to help run it by him. :lol:
If you could shorten it down to five words then pics wouldnt be needed and I reckon even Trump could memorise them
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:19 am

When it was founded, the US was the USSR of its time (in terms of being a radical new entity). The French, Spanish, and Dutch helped by fighting Britain too, but none of them (at least the first two) liked the Enlightenment ideals expressed by the new country. It had flaws - slavery for example - but it was well ahead of its time, and arguably the most modern “European” country in the world. This is why so many Europeans flocked there. I think, just as language and culture tends to ossify in places away from the “motherland” the US has held on to those Enlightenment ideals in the face of change in the “motherland.” This has created massive tensions which are coming to a boil. US gun laws, for one example, are hopelessly out of date, and serve no useful purpose. Their democracy is swamped by money and vested interests. It’s very similar to how Rome - a mighty republic - became ruled by an emperor, by allowing untrammelled wealth to trump citizen power.

The US could do with a second revolution. One in which the people reassert themselves over corporate power.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:51 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:19 am
US gun laws, for one example, are hopelessly out of date, and serve no useful purpose. Their democracy is swamped by money and vested interests. It’s very similar to how Rome - a mighty republic - became ruled by an emperor, by allowing untrammelled wealth to trump citizen power.
Two slight advantages the US has over Rome, one arguable flimsy, the other rock solid. The arguably flimsy one (because military coups still exist): the US armed forces are sworn to protect and uphold the constitution, unlike Roman soldiers who were first and foremost loyal to and financially dependent on the wealthy general under whom they served. This is an important and key difference for the following reason: it was his generalship and thus his ability to inflict violence, literally killing his political enemies, that gave Sulla the power granted to him by an obedient/compliant senate to single-handedly re-write the Roman constitution, hugely tipping the balance of power away from the plebs and towards the aristocracy and the senate. US soldiers serve in defence of the constitution, not a president or a general. Flimsy, I know, because it requires them to actually uphold an oath (ha! an oath...archaic nonsense if you ask me), but now the rock solid advantage: as I'm sure you know, there exists no provision in the US constitution to grant such dictatorial powers and so such powers can never be legally acquired without amendment. The office of dictator does not exist in the US. Changes to the US constitution require the assent of all individual states. A senate alone cannot amend it. Augustus, and before him as dictator, Caesar, were able to rule absolutely because of the compliance of the senate. A US president would have no such luck, obedient senate or otherwise. In spite of the violent means by which Sulla imposed himself on Rome, when he accepted the office of dictator it was already established in law. Dictators, and later the emperors, held office according to a defined legal framework. Put simply, the Roman republic gave way to dictatorship because the republic was never legally watertight in the first place. A "do as you please, just win the war for us'' clause was always ripe for abuse - in hindsight it was a matter of when it happened, not if.

Trump and the Republicans operate within their own country's legal framework which does not grant absolute power. Anywhere. Trump might think he has his '5th amendment people' and his bikers and the police, but he and the Republicans lack the legal or violent means or even popular support to mount insurrection against the constitutional framework of the country. The pillars which uphold US govt are so independently well guarded, well balanced and cleverly separated that citizen power is theoretically immutable. Ultimately if the US becomes a dictatorship it'll be because the people want one and not because of legal skulduggery. Is the country corrupt? Sure. Citizens are being disenfranchised (literally so in the past, as well as effectively so in the present in the shape of electoral purges, gerrymandering) and disempowered (more money = louder voice) all the time by corrupt politicians working to serve their donors, but the people did and still do vote for that. They (as an entire population, putting aside winners and losers in a democracy) haven't had it 'done' to them in the way the Romans had it 'done' to them, if you catch my drift, and to that end it's remarkably simple for Americans to fix that state of affairs...vote for better politicians! The Roman plebs essentially lost their tribunes and thus their voice because a pre-existing political office allowed an avenue for them to be silenced, and so literally couldn't do anything directly about who was in charge. If they hated a tyrant post-republic era, best they could hope for was the praetorian guard getting bold.
Last edited by Spiral on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:34 am

Congrat's to all the contributors on this thread, much insight to the 'Useless State of Murica' from various points of view. Bottom line is the orange idiot is a wanna dictator and only knows the meaning of one word, which is.................ME! :lol:

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:15 am

I think AndrewJB and Spiral have done a good job of outlining the problems and the dangers that lie ahead for the USA. The term, power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely, has never applied to anyone more fittingly than to Trump. He entered a game show competition to become President. And due to the incompetence of the Democrats, sticking with Hillary Clinton when it was clear she was not liked by many people even in her own party and by sticking to a simple mantra of MAGA, he won. Now he is like a kid in a candy store. Totally out of his depth with little or no empathy for large potions of his own society. I do fear that if he gets a second term in office there will be, literally, blood on the streets.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am

It’s all Gwen Stefani’s fault !

I watch MSNBC news most days just to see what Trump has been up to !

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:02 am

I suspect the intention is less to delay the election, more to cast huge amounts of doubt on the result.

If he loses I can see Trump refusing to accept the result being very likely and that will be matched with civil unrest.

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am

Nice to see that Donald "John" Trump has got you all left-wing loonies suitably triggered :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:51 am
Two slight advantages the US has over Rome, one arguable flimsy, the other rock solid. The arguably flimsy one (because military coups still exist): the US armed forces are sworn to protect and uphold the constitution, unlike Roman soldiers who were first and foremost loyal to and financially dependent on the wealthy general under whom they served. This is an important and key difference for the following reason: it was his generalship and thus his ability to inflict violence, literally killing his political enemies, that gave Sulla the power granted to him by an obedient/compliant senate to single-handedly re-write the Roman constitution, hugely tipping the balance of power away from the plebs and towards the aristocracy and the senate. US soldiers serve in defence of the constitution, not a president or a general. Flimsy, I know, because it requires them to actually uphold an oath (ha! an oath...archaic nonsense if you ask me), but now the rock solid advantage: as I'm sure you know, there exists no provision in the US constitution to grant such dictatorial powers and so such powers can never be legally acquired without amendment. The office of dictator does not exist in the US. Changes to the US constitution require the assent of all individual states. A senate alone cannot amend it. Augustus, and before him as dictator, Caesar, were able to rule absolutely because of the compliance of the senate. A US president would have no such luck, obedient senate or otherwise. In spite of the violent means by which Sulla imposed himself on Rome, when he accepted the office of dictator it was already established in law. Dictators, and later the emperors, held office according to a defined legal framework. Put simply, the Roman republic gave way to dictatorship because the republic was never legally watertight in the first place. A "do as you please, just win the war for us'' clause was always ripe for abuse - in hindsight it was a matter of when it happened, not if.

Trump and the Republicans operate within their own country's legal framework which does not grant absolute power. Anywhere. Trump might think he has his '5th amendment people' and his bikers and the police, but he and the Republicans lack the legal or violent means or even popular support to mount insurrection against the constitutional framework of the country. The pillars which uphold US govt are so independently well guarded, well balanced and cleverly separated that citizen power is theoretically immutable. Ultimately if the US becomes a dictatorship it'll be because the people want one and not because of legal skulduggery. Is the country corrupt? Sure. Citizens are being disenfranchised (literally so in the past, as well as effectively so in the present in the shape of electoral purges, gerrymandering) and disempowered (more money = louder voice) all the time by corrupt politicians working to serve their donors, but the people did and still do vote for that. They (as an entire population, putting aside winners and losers in a democracy) haven't had it 'done' to them in the way the Romans had it 'done' to them, if you catch my drift, and to that end it's remarkably simple for Americans to fix that state of affairs...vote for better politicians! The Roman plebs essentially lost their tribunes and thus their voice because a pre-existing political office allowed an avenue for them to be silenced, and so literally couldn't do anything directly about who was in charge. If they hated a tyrant post-republic era, best they could hope for was the praetorian guard getting bold.
The only people able to organise a coup in the US are the military, and the only legal basis on which they could do so is in defence of the constitution. And then a door has been opened which will be difficult to shut.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am
Nice to see that Donald "John" Trump has got you all left-wing loonies suitably triggered :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice to see that even his biggest fan has given up trying to defend him.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:53 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am
Without cheating and looking it up Uwe, can you remember and post one here the 5 words Trump successfully memorised? Remember, if you can recall them in the right order you will get bonus points.

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Hydroxychloroquine - Hydroxy-cloro-quin

The Covid-19 cure.

-Trump was right about Hydroxychloroquine cure.

-Liberal media suppression of Hydroxychloroquine cure and Dr Stella Immanuel.

-Liberal lies about Trump being a racist.

-Cheap drugs (Hydroxychloroquine) bad for big pharma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwl1sx4z-0M&t=3s
Last edited by HahaYeah on Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:06 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 pm
Actually he can't only Congress can, and there is no sign that they're even considering this, on the 4 year term you are spot on, how that would work in practice if it got that far IDK, i guess that there would be some form of interim president, or Pence assumes the role until the election can be held, but that is unlikely as there is no valid reason why the voting can't go ahead in November, what would have to change is the campaigning, but the actual electoral process can proceed even if it's means voting by post.
Precisely my point. He can't extent his term past January without an election, unless Congress votes for that to happen, and they didn't do that even during the American Civil War or WWII.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:06 pm
Precisely my point. He can't extent his term past January without an election, unless Congress votes for that to happen, and they didn't do that even during the Civil war or WWII.
Even the Republicans aren't suggesting the election is delayed, so it's not going to be deferred, this is just Trump getting his excuses in early now he's seen the way the polls are heading.

What's become noticeable for me is how much senior Republicans, and anybody seeking election for the GOP this Autumn are attempting to distance themselves from the President's campaign, in 2016 he helped pull several GOP candidates over the line in close run contests, now the opposite is true and he's a drain on their votes, hence why they're changing tack in their campaigns.

It also helps that many moderate Republicans can do business with Biden, and he's someone who approves of a bi-partisan approach to affairs of state, so although they can't admit it in public, they'll be relaxed if he becomes Commander-In-Chief next year, i sense the Republicans are becoming tired of Trump's antics now, and they'll also be aware their long term electoral prospects will be harmed if he gains a 2nd term in office.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 pm
Even the Republicans aren't suggesting the election is delayed, so it's not going to be deferred, this is just Trump getting his excuses in early now he's seen the way the polls are heading.

What's become noticeable for me is how much senior Republicans, and anybody seeking election for the GOP this Autumn are attempting to distance themselves from the President's campaign, in 2016 he helped pull several GOP candidates over the line in close run contests, now the opposite is true and he's a drain on their votes, hence why they're changing tack in their campaigns.

It also helps that many moderate Republicans can do business with Biden, and he's someone who approves of a bi-partisan approach to affairs of state, so although they can't admit it in public, they'll be relaxed if he becomes Commander-In-Chief next year, i sense the Republicans are becoming tired of Trump's antics now, and they'll also be aware their long term electoral prospects will be harmed if he gains a 2nd term in office.
To be honest, I'm amazed some senior Republicans didn't arrage to have him bumped off. (Not even an attempt so far.) He's a total embarrassment to the whole country and his path to war with China is truly dangerous. The Huawai thing has nothing to do with security, it's all to do with Trump wanting jobs for American companies. Huawei's technology is far superior and now other countries are going to have accept crap tech, just because of Trump. Hopefully Biden will cool things down pretty quickly before it gets out of control.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 pm
To be honest, I'm amazed some senior Republicans didn't arrage to have him bumped off. (Not even an attempt so far.) He's a total embarrassment to the whole country and his path to war with China is truly dangerous. The Huawai thing has nothing to do with security, it's all to do with Trump wanting jobs for American companies. Huawei's technology is far superior and now other countries are going to have accept crap tech, just because of Trump. Hopefully Biden will cool things down pretty quickly before it gets out of control.
Can't speak about the Huawei stuff, but it's worth noting the UK government are trying to disentangle themselves from further involvement with that company, he was elected on an America First policy whether we agree with it or not, so he'd argue he's carrying out his promises on that score.

On your last sentence i think that's the theory that Biden is a safe pair of hands for at least one term anyway.

On a broader point you'd hope that the US could produce some viable contenders to replace the old guard, all of Biden, Pelosi and Trump are well into their 70's, and Washington desperately needs younger blood that the people on the street can relate to, Obama did manage to connect with younger voters during his tenure, but it's badly fallen away in the past few years.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:24 pm

You're right up to a point. What concerns me about young people is that they live in a world of instant success or failure. Can you imagine what might happen if a young President got bored with 'Peace talks' for example, and wanted to do something else? Diplomacy takes time and young people don't have much patience.

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:51 pm

Biden is completely convinced that he will defeat Ronald Reagan in November.

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:00 am

Tucker Carlson: Big Tech Engaging in Censorship on Coronavirus to Help Biden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Buxtonclaret

Post by Buxtonclaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:54 pm

Here we are
The 'Leader of the Free World', apparently.
Not sure how you'd imagine most sane people looking at this interview would be shockef or, find it hilarious.
I'm personally a bit ashamed to admit to finding it hilarious at first. But when you start to think how many people are dying over there because of his self-obsessed bullsheet its beyond shocking.
Then you start to wonder about our own bumwipe of a PM and the dodgy deals he's getting done with Trump.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... n-1039137/
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:54 pm
Here we are
The 'Leader of the Free World', apparently.
Not sure how you'd imagine most sane people looking at this interview would be shockef or, find it hilarious.
I'm personally a bit ashamed to admit to finding it hilarious at first. But when you start to think how many people are dying over there because of his self-obsessed bullsheet its beyond shocking.
Then you start to wonder about our own bumwipe of a PM and the dodgy deals he's getting done with Trump.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... n-1039137/
Classic Trump. :)

Bossed his shifty opponent around effortlessly :mrgreen:

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:58 pm
Classic Trump. :)

Bossed his shifty opponent around effortlessly :mrgreen: