Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KateR
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 3791 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by KateR » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm
Image
unfortunately DA it seems that most of your picture just come on in my view as saying "image" and no mater how many ways or times I try to open they wont so I don't see, just wanted you to know such that I am not ignoring what you post.

it is strange because what you posted in the music thread was a clear picture but that was a link to a utube video and not a static picture. I am somewhat electronically challenged in these things (yes I know in many others to :lol: )

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm
unfortunately DA it seems that most of your picture just come on in my view as saying "image" and no mater how many ways or times I try to open they wont so I don't see, just wanted you to know such that I am not ignoring what you post.

it is strange because what you posted in the music thread was a clear picture but that was a link to a utube video and not a static picture. I am somewhat electronically challenged in these things (yes I know in many others to :lol: )
that happens a lot on here to me too - sometimes i use a different browser and it works, sometimes not :?
This user liked this post: KateR

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 7216
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2837 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm
unfortunately DA it seems that most of your picture just come on in my view as saying "image" and no mater how many ways or times I try to open they wont so I don't see, just wanted you to know such that I am not ignoring what you post.

it is strange because what you posted in the music thread was a clear picture but that was a link to a utube video and not a static picture. I am somewhat electronically challenged in these things (yes I know in many others to :lol: )
Its a shame cos I think you would love this one. Just pretend you can see it and put lol or a laughing face and noone will know the difference :lol:

android
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by android » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:40 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm
If you watch closely you'll find that.most of trump's supporters don't overtly support him, or even defend him. What they do is just always take his side of an argument if they ever bother to get into it.

The likes of Ringo, Damo, Android etc. aren't overt in their support of Trump, but if you criticise him or his supporters that's when they get involved and rather than defend directly, they'll "both sides" it. That is to accept that the argument against trump and his supporters is true, but claim that its also true of Biden, or of Biden's supporters to the same extent.

This is how they support Trump while maintaining deniability.

They might (will) even claim to fundamentally oppose Trump, and I think they genuinely believe that, but they're wrong. What and who they *really* fundamentally oppose is the left, which is why they only ever get involved in a Trump discussion to take a position that is in opposition to what they think is a leftist position. And that is how they support Trump, kind of by accident.
Lol. It's fine to flee debating with me, as you suggested you were going to do, but would you kindly stop making stuff up about me. The Android that lives in your head is unrecognisable to me so it would be better if you stuck to trying to explain your own views.

It looks like you have secured a small cancellation victory, as Greenmile appears to be following orders to disengage. A pity, as I thought we were getting close to a civilised discussion - sadly, that's probably one of the things that irritated you I guess.
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 3791 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by KateR » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:03 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:52 pm
so you still aren't answering the question I asked you over an hour ago.

I've deflected nothing, I'm just waiting for you to answer the question which was extraordinarily easy to answer

edit: I've just re-read your reply, - I clearly stated it hit seems you another who can't read as nothing to do with Dem or Rep but is a police issue.
OK, I will try one last time:
the question you asked me I didn't think needed asking and thought it was rhetorical at the best since the answer was in what you replied to.

my post, which was to no one in particular, I have made the pertinent bit bold for you this time:
two police officers shot overnight but I'm sure this will be ok and nothing to worry about, because only a small percentage of protesters are doing it, in this case one, so it's not an issue anyone should be worried about whatsoever.

your response/reply to the above was, "did I think it was a protester" even though I said very clearly he was, of course IMO. I am not going to get into semantics with you whether he was or not, why, because he was, why, because there was a curfew, he was clearly 100% a protester but I just know you're not going to agree, and that's ok, it's your opinion and you're allowed it.

===============================================================================================================================

Your reply to my question is below, just for clarity the question was in regard to protesters beating/killing the police:

I didn't make the police issue about democrat or republican - i take exception to anyone who thinks that police in the US only beat those that have committed a serious offence because that is so massively far from reality. I mean, it's one of the most documented things.

I have zero issue with police beating someone who has committed a SERIOUS crime, get what you deserve. Last time I checked people are allowed to gather and protest peacefully which the majority do and yet they still get attacked (videos every single ******* day)


you're answer is all wrapped in the police beating someone, which was most certainly and clearly NOT the question, I did try to help you in saying it was a yes or no answer, not 2 para's of defection and twisting the question.

you're a serial offender in blaming people for doing exactly what you do all the time and more perversely in what Trump does all the time, go have a lie down, take just a few minutes to think about what people are telling you, I'm happy to debate, discuss and try to understand what your saying and what you're point of view is. What I wont do is have people like you try to talk down to me and call me names, I certainly wont go away quietly when people make incorrect statements, I will challenge you. Get used to it or put me on your foe list.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 pm

ok:

you put "two police officers shot overnight but I'm sure this will be ok and nothing to worry about, because only a small percentage of protesters are doing it, in this case one, so it's not an issue anyone should be worried about whatsoever."

That is a statement and an assumption on your behalf that the guy who shot the cops was a "protester"

I asked "just for the record, can you clarify if you actually think that a genuine protester shot 2 police ?"

You still haven't answered but I'll take your statement and run with that is your opinion.

If I apply the same guess work as you have can we assume that Kyle Rittenhouse is representative of all the Trump vigilante's that were in Kenosha a few weeks ago but we shouldn't worry about it because it was only one ?




===============================================================================================================================

Your reply to my question is below, just for clarity the question was in regard to protesters beating/killing the police:

I didn't make the police issue about democrat or republican - i take exception to anyone who thinks that police in the US only beat those that have committed a serious offence because that is so massively far from reality. I mean, it's one of the most documented things.
I have zero issue with police beating someone who has committed a SERIOUS crime, get what you deserve. Last time I checked people are allowed to gather and protest peacefully which the majority do and yet they still get attacked (videos every single ******* day)


you're answer is all wrapped in the police beating someone, which was most certainly and clearly NOT the question, I did try to help you in saying it was a yes or no answer, not 2 para's of defection and twisting the question.

Actually, that's not what happened at all.......so I'll quote you

"I don't want to get in the middle of your spat but why is it dumb and why is it astounding, I've never been beaten up with the police, I only know one person who has but that was in the UK.

In addition, you accuse Damo of one thing, while continuing to do exactly the same, he asked the question around whether you would expect to get away attacking the police under a democratic president, so was it ok to do this when Obama was in the WH or not?"


Which is why I then talked about the police, dems, reps (as you quoted above) as it was part of the conversation I was having with Damo

you're a serial offender in blaming people for doing exactly what you do all the time and more perversely in what Trump does all the time, go have a lie down, take just a few minutes to think about what people are telling you, I'm happy to debate, discuss and try to understand what your saying and what you're point of view is. What I wont do is have people like you try to talk down to me and call me names, I certainly wont go away quietly when people make incorrect statements, I will challenge you. Get used to it or put me on your foe list.
[/quote]

As for the last bit, you are so wide of the mark it's embarrassing
I liked to be challenged, i love to debate but if you are going to quote me then do it properly and in context. I'd be disappointed if you do go away. I've lost count of the amount of times on this thread I've asked people questions and they never answer.

Also, not sure where you think I've called you names ? You might need to quote me on that

As for the foe list, **** me I think you are better than that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KateR
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 3791 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by KateR » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 pm

there is absolutely no reason for you to be embarrassed on my behalf, my intent has never been to embarrass you, :) :)

maybe if you revert back to some of more wonderful quotes/posts it would be better, you certainly get a lot of likes and laughs from the one around Trump being bumbed, was it by a giraffe, if I remember correctly, or was that someone else? If so I apologize

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:25 pm

KateR wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 pm
there is absolutely no reason for you to be embarrassed on my behalf, my intent has never been to embarrass you, :) :)

maybe if you revert back to some of more wonderful quotes/posts it would be better, you certainly get a lot of likes and laughs from the one around Trump being bumbed, was it by a giraffe, if I remember correctly, or was that someone else? If so I apologize
not sure about that, sounds funny though !!

This might surprise you, I was all for him getting in in 2016 - I really didn't want Clinton to win and figured something different might be good. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, I have voted based on what is happening at the time and circumstance - had it been anyone other than Clinton I would have voted Democrat. What I will say is this though, as much as I really truly dislike Pelosi, Schumer and Schiff they aren't a patch on the Republicans who have become utterly unrecognizable under Trump - they are scared shitless of him for some reason. Based on what I have seen from the entire party I would never vote Republican going forward until McConnell, Jones, Collins, Rubio, Nunes, Cruz etc etc are dead and buried (figuratively!!)

KateR
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 3791 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by KateR » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:25 pm
not sure about that, sounds funny though !!

This might surprise you, I was all for him getting in in 2016 - I really didn't want Clinton to win and figured something different might be good. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, I have voted based on what is happening at the time and circumstance - had it been anyone other than Clinton I would have voted Democrat. What I will say is this though, as much as I really truly dislike Pelosi, Schumer and Schiff they aren't a patch on the Republicans who have become utterly unrecognizable under Trump - they are scared shitless of him for some reason. Based on what I have seen from the entire party I would never vote Republican going forward until McConnell, Jones, Collins, Rubio, Nunes, Cruz etc etc are dead and buried (figuratively!!)
actually it doesn't really surprise me, I think both Trump and BJ have lead to very divisive issues where there is little to no gray and this appear to bring the worst out in many. What is suspect when discussing these issues are the thoughts and beliefs around Hilary and JC where huge amounts of people would, for whatever reason, never vote for them and you get what we have, warts and all as a consequence. The grass is always greener remember, but I have to say, like many I never believed that Brexit would pass in the 2016 and that Trump would get elected until the very last minute.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:01 am

KateR wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 pm
actually it doesn't really surprise me, I think both Trump and BJ have lead to very divisive issues where there is little to no gray and this appear to bring the worst out in many. What is suspect when discussing these issues are the thoughts and beliefs around Hilary and JC where huge amounts of people would, for whatever reason, never vote for them and you get what we have, warts and all as a consequence. The grass is always greener remember, but I have to say, like many I never believed that Brexit would pass in the 2016 and that Trump would get elected until the very last minute.
I think Trump will get in again, I think he will cheat to do it but he will do it - at which point America is finished

You used the word divisive and it's spot on. Watching KayLIE McCenemy every day as Press Sec reminds me of Chemical Ali in the Gulf War - it's just lie after lie, this will go down in history as the worst administration.
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR
Posts: 2975
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 3791 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by KateR » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 am

6 months ago I thought he would do another term, now am not so sure, I think he is his own worst enemy, I don't like him, somethings he has done I am happy with but it's all the noise that goes with it that is really bad plus some of his policies I am totally against.

However, I really do not want Biden to get in, funnily enough I think selecting Harris is going to hurt his chances and people are turning away from her, particularly women funnily enough, but whether that is a material effect to the final result I don't know.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:26 am

KateR wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 am
6 months ago I thought he would do another term, now am not so sure, I think he is his own worst enemy, I don't like him, somethings he has done I am happy with but it's all the noise that goes with it that is really bad plus some of his policies I am totally against.

However, I really do not want Biden to get in, funnily enough I think selecting Harris is going to hurt his chances and people are turning away from her, particularly women funnily enough, but whether that is a material effect to the final result I don't know.
I'm just bored of all the lies !! Even today they are bitching about mail in voting - like I said earlier, the Trumps vote by mail, half the military vote by mail and loads of the politicians do - can't have it both ways, he's just a cheat.

Annnnnnnnnnnd don't get me started on Bill Barr !!!!

I don't think Harris will hurt him especially as the Reps are about to get another Judge in so they can scrap Roe v Wade (how any woman can vote for them when they are doing this is way beyond me) - I'm just not sure how much of a lift she will give him

Also, agree about Biden - it's poor do when out of 350 million people your choice is Biden or Trump

edit: please use the quote function, i'll more than likely miss any replies otherwise

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:57 am

Anyone wanna talk about Trump's refusal to promise a peaceful transfer or power if he loses? Or maybe we wanna talk about how his campaign is trying to replace the electors in battleground states w/ Republican legislatures with Trump supporters who will ignore the popular vote if trump wins their state and cast their votes for Trump?

No one wanna talk about the coming coup? Or do we want to carry on talking about how everything is black people and leftists fault? It's up to the trump trolls.

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:01 am

KateR wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 am
6 months ago I thought he would do another term, now am not so sure, I think he is his own worst enemy, I don't like him, somethings he has done I am happy with but it's all the noise that goes with it that is really bad plus some of his policies I am totally against.

However, I really do not want Biden to get in, funnily enough I think selecting Harris is going to hurt his chances and people are turning away from her, particularly women funnily enough, but whether that is a material effect to the final result I don't know.

What is so bad about Biden that you'd prefer the corrupt racist rapist who wants to screw his own daughter over him?

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1568 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:01 am
What is so bad about Biden that you'd prefer the corrupt racist rapist who wants to screw his own daughter over him?
Being big on honesty as you are is there a reason you won’t admit to your previous username turtle ?

Begging and demanding honesty from others while being a liar yourself is a touch hypocritical

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:11 am

Or we could just talk about the police in America are just pure garbage.

No wonder the police are so quick to beat the **** out of peaceful protesters when their leadership talks about them like this.
Attachments
EikFIY9XsAAMyAz.jpeg
EikFIY9XsAAMyAz.jpeg (236.58 KiB) Viewed 804 times
EikFItLWoAE6lha.jpeg
EikFItLWoAE6lha.jpeg (221.15 KiB) Viewed 804 times

Greenmile
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2714 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Greenmile » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 am

android wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:40 pm
...It looks like you have secured a small cancellation victory, as Greenmile appears to be following orders to disengage. A pity, as I thought we were getting close to a civilised discussion - sadly, that's probably one of the things that irritated you I guess.
WTF is this all about?

Your last reply to me was fairly reasonable, and now you’re throwing your toys out because I didn’t respond??

AndrewJB
Posts: 3768
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Been Liked: 1143 times
Has Liked: 731 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 am

For a long time now Trump has openly talked about ignoring the voice of the American people should he lose the election. That should be the beginning and end of any conversation about him.

Buxtonclaret
Posts: 10345
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am
Been Liked: 2521 times
Has Liked: 4952 times
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Buxtonclaret » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:31 am

It really is like watching a modern day stage play of early 30s Germany over there at the mo.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

android
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by android » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:38 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 am
WTF is this all about?

Your last reply to me was fairly reasonable, and now you’re throwing your toys out because I didn’t respond??
No toys - not my style! My reply to you ended with a question, which you typically answer. Therefore, following Peter's cancellation call, I don't think you can blame me for putting 2 + 2 together when you didn't respond. I'm sorry if I incorrectly made 5.

So I'm glad to know that you are likely still willing to engage. My last question was not the most riveting I'll admit but it was an attempt to build bridges by getting left and right to see each other's point of view. As I keep repeating, for me race relations should not be a left v right issue.

Anyway, I have a busy day or two ahead so if you do follow up, I probably will not be able to get back to you for a while myself.

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 am

Trump Crowd in JAX 9/24/20 :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0kVrpNLQQ

Debates to begin on 29th September.

Image

Bordeauxclaret
Posts: 6936
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Been Liked: 2244 times
Has Liked: 1275 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 am

How are the unemployment levels doing in the old US of A?

Greenmile
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2714 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Greenmile » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 am

android wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:38 am
No toys - not my style! My reply to you ended with a question, which you typically answer. Therefore, following Peter's cancellation call, I don't think you can blame me for putting 2 + 2 together when you didn't respond. I'm sorry if I incorrectly made 5.

So I'm glad to know that you are likely still willing to engage. My last question was not the most riveting I'll admit but it was an attempt to build bridges by getting left and right to see each other's point of view. As I keep repeating, for me race relations should not be a left v right issue.

Anyway, I have a busy day or two ahead so if you do follow up, I probably will not be able to get back to you for a while myself.
This question?

“But is it really that difficult to comprehend a different viewpoint?”

It looked rhetorical to me.

Of course I can comprehend your viewpoint. You think that if we all pretend racism doesn’t exist, and teach our kids that it doesn’t exist, then it will somehow go away. I disagree.

android
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by android » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 am
This question?

“But is it really that difficult to comprehend a different viewpoint?”

It looked rhetorical to me.

Of course I can comprehend your viewpoint. You think that if we all pretend racism doesn’t exist, and teach our kids that it doesn’t exist, then it will somehow go away. I disagree.
Fair enough to see my question as rhetorical. But it turns out your answer was effectively "yes - it is too difficult to comprehend"!

Why do people who share your views feel the need to keep putting words in my mouth? That's rhetorical so no need to answer! Have a good day.

Spijed
Posts: 12155
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2090 times
Has Liked: 904 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Spijed » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 am
For a long time now Trump has openly talked about ignoring the voice of the American people should he lose the election. That should be the beginning and end of any conversation about him.
Sadly though, the Supreme court will do exactly what Trump wants, and discount enough votes to make sure he wins the election.

Greenmile
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2714 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Greenmile » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 am

android wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am
Fair enough to see my question as rhetorical. But it turns out your answer was effectively "yes - it is too difficult to comprehend"!

Why do people who share your views feel the need to keep putting words in my mouth? That's rhetorical so no need to answer! Have a good day.
These were your words :-

“Now, I have taught my kids that their skin colour does not matter. That they will be judged on the content of their character and so on - the MLK stuff, which has seen a sudden decline in popularity. I don't want them to be taught that their skin or race has a major bearing on their life chances. To the extent that this remains true (and it's largely untrue in this country in my opinion - I'm sure you disagree), I don't want them to fight it by effectively acquiescing in adopting reverse racism / "positive" discrimination (surely the inevitable outcome of preaching white privilege).”

Perhaps you could tell me what I have misrepresented, as this looks very much to me that you’ve taught your kids that their skin colour doesn’t matter (ie racism doesn’t exist) as a means to fighting racism.

Would you have taught your kids the same thing if they were black (I presume they aren’t - I know you don’t like me presuming things, but I reckon I’m on pretty safe ground with that one), and experiencing racism from the sharp end?

Do you think MLK taught his kids that their skin colour doesn’t matter (before he was murdered due to the colour of his skin)?

These questions aren’t rhetorical, btw, just hypothetical.

Edit - one last question. Do you believe the colour of your kids’ skin has no major bearing on their life chances (despite all the statistical evidence to the contrary), or are you just lying them as your way of fighting racism? To be clear on this point, I accept that there are occasions when lying to one’s children might be the right thing to do.

android
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by android » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 am

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 am
These were your words :-

“Now, I have taught my kids that their skin colour does not matter. That they will be judged on the content of their character and so on - the MLK stuff, which has seen a sudden decline in popularity. I don't want them to be taught that their skin or race has a major bearing on their life chances. To the extent that this remains true (and it's largely untrue in this country in my opinion - I'm sure you disagree), I don't want them to fight it by effectively acquiescing in adopting reverse racism / "positive" discrimination (surely the inevitable outcome of preaching white privilege).”

Perhaps you could tell me what I have misrepresented, as this looks very much to me that you’ve taught your kids that their skin colour doesn’t matter (ie racism doesn’t exist) as a means to fighting racism.

Would you have taught your kids the same thing if they were black (I presume they aren’t - I know you don’t like me presuming things, but I reckon I’m on pretty safe ground with that one), and experiencing racism from the sharp end?

Do you think MLK taught his kids that their skin colour doesn’t matter (before he was murdered due to the colour of his skin)?

These questions aren’t rhetorical, btw, just hypothetical.

Edit - one last question. Do you believe the colour of your kids’ skin has no major bearing on their life chances (despite all the statistical evidence to the contrary), or are you just lying them as your way of fighting racism? To be clear on this point, I accept that there are occasions when lying to one’s children might be the right thing to do.
When I said that I taught my kids that their skin colour does not matter, I could perhaps have added that "and it should not matter to anyone else". To put your interpretation on what I said, and for me to have needed to add that rider, you would have to believe that racism does not exist. I thought that idea was so absurd that it did not need stating. I doubt there is a single person in the world who thinks that racism does not exist.

I think people should be treated exactly the same whatever their skin colour. I don't think teaching children that they are not equal because they were born a different skin colour is a good idea. You Timmy have white privilege because you were born with white skin. Sorry Freddy, it's not looking good for you, as you were born with black skin. You can teach them that racism exists (and in different ways in different societies) without indoctrinating them with this *****.

My kids are mixed race.

Greenmile
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2714 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Greenmile » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am

android wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 am
When I said that I taught my kids that their skin colour does not matter, I could perhaps have added that "and it should not matter to anyone else". To put your interpretation on what I said, and for me to have needed to add that rider, you would have to believe that racism does not exist. I thought that idea was so absurd that it did not need stating. I doubt there is a single person in the world who thinks that racism does not exist.

I think people should be treated exactly the same whatever their skin colour. I don't think teaching children that they are not equal because they were born a different skin colour is a good idea. You Timmy have white privilege because you were born with white skin. Sorry Freddy, it's not looking good for you, as you were born with black skin. You can teach them that racism exists (and in different ways in different societies) without indoctrinating them with this *****.

My kids are mixed race.
This makes a bit more sense now. So what you teach your kids is that their skin colour doesn’t matter to you and shouldn’t matter to anyone else (but sadly, does).

My confusion arose as a result of the passive voice you used in this bit - “...That they will be judged on the content of their character and so on...”, which, in the context of the MLK speech that it refers to, reads like you saying that nobody will judge them on the basis of their skin colour - I think (hope) we both agree that this is not the case in today’s society, unfortunately.

Looks like we can (finally) agree on that bit then. Happy to agree to disagree on the existence of white privilege and whether our kids should be taught about it or not.
This user liked this post: KateR

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 am
Trump Crowd in JAX 9/24/20 :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0kVrpNLQQ

Debates to begin on 29th September.

Image
Guess you missed Moody's Analytics report this week that stated that Biden's plan would create 66% more jobs than Trumps ?

android
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by android » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am
This makes a bit more sense now. So what you teach your kids is that their skin colour doesn’t matter to you and shouldn’t matter to anyone else (but sadly, does).

My confusion arose as a result of the passive voice you used in this bit - “...That they will be judged on the content of their character and so on...”, which, in the context of the MLK speech that it refers to, reads like you saying that nobody will judge them on the basis of their skin colour - I think (hope) we both agree that this is not the case in today’s society, unfortunately.

Looks like we can (finally) agree on that bit then. Happy to agree to disagree on the existence of white privilege and whether our kids should be taught about it or not.
Ok. At least you get where I'm coming from and that I do have a particular personal interest in how things pan out.

I saw your edit questions and, having answered your initial question, I don't want to discuss my family on here. I'm not criticising you for your curiosity. I suppose in short, I didn't think it was a major issue, they didn't and their mother didn't. Now I'm not so sure. My kids think it is an American problem more than a British problem but that might be because that's what I think! I'm aware that we are talking about an extremely small sample size!
This user liked this post: KateR

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:31 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm
Guess you missed Moody's Analytics report this week that stated that Biden's plan would create 66% more jobs than Trumps ?

The only thing the child sniffer and Horrible Harris can plan for are rigging the election and riots and mayhem if they fail. :geek:

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Better a child sniffer than a child rapist.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:06 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:31 am
The only thing the child sniffer and Horrible Harris can plan for are rigging the election and riots and mayhem if they fail. :geek:
as is usual, someone comes up with a respected report and your retort is utter rubbish, with zero substance. I'm assuming you are a member of Q
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:27 pm

not that I expect you to, but go look at the proud boy messages for today in Oregan

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:27 pm
not that I expect you to, but go look at the proud boy messages for today in Oregan
What proud boy messages and where?

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:14 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:00 pm
What proud boy messages and where?
Proud boys among other right wing groups are gathering in Oregan toady - someone got hold of their communications and their intent......a state of emergency has been declared in Oregan because of their intent.

Just put proud boys in on Twitter and they are all over. This fallacy that the left cause all the riots, or it's BLM, is just drivel. Antifa and far left for sure are causing trouble no doubt whatsoever, BUT a huge portion of what we have seen in the US this year has been caused by right wing groups. Both groups are as bad as each other, neither is doing anyone a favor and the issue is Trump has labelled the left as terrorists and ignores the right wing lot.

Had he done his law and order speech against both sides then things would be very different over here right now, but his intentions and beliefs are very clear by his actions in matters such as this.

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Trump has designated KKK and antifa as domestic terrorists so he is against the far right.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ck-america

Trump $500B Black America plan designates KKK, Antifa as 'terrorist organizations'.

The Left wing Soros backed nation wreckers have caused all the riots so far and the msm is the pr firm for them and the Democrat party.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 7216
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2837 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Never heard Fox News described an the PR firm for the left wing or the Democrats but if youre a Trump loon anythings possible

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Trump has designated KKK and antifa as domestic terrorists so he is against the far right.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ck-america

Trump $500B Black America plan designates KKK, Antifa as 'terrorist organizations'.

The Left wing Soros backed nation wreckers have caused all the riots so far and the msm is the pr firm for them and the Democrat party.
you just quoted FOX news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously man, if you quote anything by any of the major cable companies, Fox, CNN etc then you have zero credibility - I assume you live in the UK so don't know the difference but they are diabolical mate, truly they all just back their political side and make up alternative truths to stick with their agenda - that's both sides so I'm not picking - they are the ultimate propaganda machines and neither has any credibility

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm
you just quoted FOX news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously man, if you quote anything by any of the major cable companies, Fox, CNN etc then you have zero credibility - I assume you live in the UK so don't know the difference but they are diabolical mate, truly they all just back their political side and make up alternative truths to stick with their agenda - that's both sides so I'm not picking - they are the ultimate propaganda machines and neither has any credibility
Obviously I favour Fox but It's all over the news. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... zations%27. :geek:

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17269
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5576 times
Has Liked: 2691 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:50 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 pm
Obviously I favour Fox but It's all over the news. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... zations%27. :geek:
from a 30 second look this is being reported early today or late yesterday - it's not even 9am here so I've not had much of a mooch around today. I'll check it later though as I'm about to head out

My initial thought on it though is it will be more Trump propaganda lies:

He promised to release his taxes - will never happen :shock:
he's been promising me a healthcare plan for 4 years and it's still not happened :shock:

Gotta follow the pattern, but I will look into it for sure so cheers for the link

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:46 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Trump has designated KKK and antifa as domestic terrorists so he is against the far right.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ck-america

Trump $500B Black America plan designates KKK, Antifa as 'terrorist organizations'.

The Left wing Soros backed nation wreckers have caused all the riots so far and the msm is the pr firm for them and the Democrat party.
The FBI director, who Trump appointed, says antifa isn't a terrorist organisation.

Spijed
Posts: 12155
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2090 times
Has Liked: 904 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Spijed » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am

This is how barbaric some supporters of Trump are:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ns-n993171

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:46 pm
The FBI director, who Trump appointed, says antifa isn't a terrorist organisation.
Seeing as antifa and other Demoncrat establishment lackeys have been terrorising and burning American cities down for months now, then Trump should unappoint him.

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am
This is how barbaric some supporters of Trump are:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ns-n993171
Gilead is their goal.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5339
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1029 times
Has Liked: 2170 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am
This is how barbaric some supporters of Trump are:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ns-n993171
I'm pretty sure they'll be big believers in God too.

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:36 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 am
Seeing as antifa and other Demoncrat establishment lackeys have been terrorising and burning American cities down for months now, then Trump should unappoint him.

These rioters look more likely to be trump supporters. With their police uniforms and everything.

https://twitter.com/_WhatRiot/status/13 ... 09121?s=20

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Can't really blame them.

Kamala Harris is branded 'ignorant' for praising BLM protests and calling them 'essential' just three days after two cops were shot during Louisville riots

Vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris has praised recent Black Lives Matter protests saying they are 'essential' for change in the country
Speaking online at the NAACP convention Harris praised the 'brilliance' and 'impact' of Black Lives Matter movement
She noted that 'nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress in this country has come without a fight'
The California Senator came in for sharp criticism online with some blaming the Democrats for encouraging the protests

By 'protests' they mean RIOTS.

Classic Orwellian doublespeak from Horrible Harris:

'Nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress, in particular around civil rights, has come without a fight, and so I always am going to interpret these protests as an essential component of evolution in our country - as an essential component or mark of a real democracy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... check.html
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

PeterWilton
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:19 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:54 pm
Can't really blame them.

Lol.

So when police riot its "can't really blame them" because of something a black woman said, but when BLM and Anti-fascists protest because the police keep shooting people in the back, in their sleep, in their cars, or killing and maiming people in a million other ways without consequence, they're "rioters" and "terrorists".

This is conservatism now, until real conservatives fight back against these fascists. But instead they're too busy hating us on the left.
Last edited by PeterWilton on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HahaYeah
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:19 pm
Lol.

So when police riot its "can't really blame them" because of something a black woman said, but when BLM and Anti-fascists protest because the police keep shooting people in the back, in their sleep, in their cars, or killing and maiming people in a million other ways without consequence, they're "rioters" and "terrorists".
He/she has pushed someone over. :roll:

Locked