Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Donald Trump

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 pm

As advised by a certain poster.
How do people think Donald is dealing with this crisis?
These 2 users liked this post: LoveCurryPies redwasp

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Greenmile » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 pm

As expected
These 2 users liked this post: Buxtonclaret Corky

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:47 pm

lol
This user liked this post: LoveCurryPies

Dante.El.Chunk
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Dante.El.Chunk » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:20 am

Exactly the way a corrupt inept businessman would do. Terribly.

Is this question serious?

There is no balanced view to be had on this. Look at the numbers, listen to his earliest speeches on it.

Thinking about your intro I am guessing this is a spillover thread from an argument.

I got baited.
This user liked this post: chekhov

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:46 am

And yet he is more popular than ever.

It never ceases to amaze me how people react in times like this.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 am

andyh wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:46 am
And yet he is more popular than ever.

It never ceases to amaze me how people react in times like this.
Is that right?

I’d be amazed at that.
The worry with him was always how would he handle a crisis. Sadly we are finding out.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am

The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... h-disaster
This user liked this post: Cajun

MalaysiaMo
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by MalaysiaMo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:11 am

What is perhaps most surprising, given the reaction of Americans to past national threats, is that Trump's approval ratings have not changed that much over the last couple of months. They currently hover around the low to mid-40s, which is basically where they were before the coronavirus hit the US in a big way. Americans tend to put politics to one side during existential threats, in order to "pull together" - George Bush's approval ratings ranged between 80 & 90 % in the months that followed 9/11. Even Nixon's approval rating in the last few years of the Vietnam war hovered around 80%. Trump may have expected a big bump in his ratings to date - but at most any change is probably within the error of the poll data. And the worst of the current crisis has perhaps yet to come, when the true cost of his mishandling, in terms of lives lost, will become apparent.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 am

In the wonderland world of the Mad March Hare, it has been decreed that the virus will end at Easter.

It defies logic that he is not in a mental institution for the deranged.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 am

To put it another way.....

It is a Chinese virus. He is American.

Can't touch him!

What virus?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

He's put his ego before people's lives.

ICL
Been Liked: 148 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ICL » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:47 am

Washington State has stopped screening Trump’s daily updates, on the basis that it carries too much disinformation and factual inaccuracies.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Is that just on this issue or everything?

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:54 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 am
In the wonderland world of the Mad March Hare, it has been decreed that the virus will end at Easter.

It defies logic that he is not in a mental institution for the deranged.
you really should be able to post facts rather than state Fake News, which anyone can listen to, your apparent hatred and jumping on the Trump bandwagon is typical, but nothing like joining your mates in trying to kick some one when they can't see or reply is there?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 pm

Wow.
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 pm
Wow.
Yes Eddie, did you want to add anything?

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm

What is truly amazing .....and i live in the USA. Is that English people don't see that they Elected the exact same thing in Boris Johnson.
He's a Pathological liar..the only real difference is he has a posh voice.
These 3 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Claret-On-A-T-Rex Gordaleman

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm
What is truly amazing .....and i live in the USA. Is that English people don't see that they Elected the exact same thing in Boris Johnson.
Probably a couple of Billion less in the bank though Taffy ;)

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Trump letting America know that states who are critical of him will not be given access to the full support of the White House Covid taskforce thus risking the lives of ordinary people

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 72709?s=20

Good video timeline of Trumps blase attitude including dismissing it will be gone by April and calling it a Democrat hoax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

No matter what you think of Johnson, the Tory's, Corbyn or Labour we should all be thankful we are not having the crisis led by this sensitive egotistical maniac.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Cardclaret

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:54 pm
you really should be able to post facts rather than state Fake News, which anyone can listen to, your apparent hatred and jumping on the Trump bandwagon is typical, but nothing like joining your mates in trying to kick some one when they can't see or reply is there?
Even as someone who was quite interested to see how Trump era would be seen long term to history...
This IS his legacy, fact. Whatever he was up to in reality (unfortunately one way or another I won’t be alive to see it, 70year rule) his public statements on this are every bit as misleading to the USA as Watergate and we now know the Bay of Pigs (where we’ve finally got access to what was really going on).

We have no idea where this is going lives wise... or after politically, economically or socially but world leaders are not happy, and will not forget.... 1. He was perfectly willing to see the rest of the world suffer, in the surreal belief North American’s were some kind of super breed. 2. He ignored his best informed advisors. 3. He put the greenback ahead of the citizen 4. When he finally realised he’d dropped the ball he tried to gazump the rest of the world by buying up nationally supported private research companies from around the world.

American first or Trump first?
Wake up and smell the coffee... this is not party politics. The guy has badly let those millions that continue to support him and it is very very sad.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Speaks for itself. MORON. Video of him signing the $2t deal surrounded by mannequins and then handing out gifts. Doh!!
https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/12 ... 0699739136
Last edited by Tricky Trevor on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:51 pm

When it's all said and done I'll be interested to see what the death rate is per population for different countries. For example the UK has about a fifth of the population of the USA. So the UK should see about a fifth of the deaths of the USA. That'll give a pretty good indication of how the government handled the crisis. These numbers favor the USA for now, but we'll have to wait and do the tallies when it's over.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Even as someone who was quite interested to see how Trump era would be seen long term to history...
This IS his legacy, fact. Whatever he was up to in reality (unfortunately one way or another I won’t be alive to see it, 70year rule) his public statements on this are every bit as misleading to the USA as Watergate and we now know the Bay of Pigs (where we’ve finally got access to what was really going on).

We have no idea where this is going lives wise... or after politically, economically or socially but world leaders are not happy, and will not forget.... 1. He was perfectly willing to see the rest of the world suffer, in the surreal belief North American’s were some kind of super breed. 2. He ignored his best informed advisors. 3. He put the greenback ahead of the citizen 4. When he finally realised he’d dropped the ball he tried to gazump the rest of the world by buying up nationally supported private research companies from around the world.

American first or Trump first?
Wake up and smell the coffee... this is not party politics. The guy has badly let those millions that continue to support him and it is very very sad.
Elwa, unfortunately you, like so many others are very quick to jump without reading what others say and stick to the topic without going off at a tangent!

I responded to one thing Ian said and one thing only because he made a statement that is truly wrong in regard to what Trump actually said and that is a FACT, your response to me is absolutely irrelevant to the fact. He stated quite clearly several times in front of TV cameras, I have seen and heard it on the news, he said he would love, really love to have this beaten by Easter, he did NOT in any way form or shape declare that the virus will end at Easter! Perhaps you have an alternative theory, was it Hollywood, did they have a double stand there and state those words of "I would Love", no of course not.

I am not commenting on any of your points, but I will tell you I know far more than you regarding this and what the US Gov./Trump are doing than you and I'll even hazard a guess at more than any other poster on here knows.

Does he lie, yes, does he boast, yes, is he full of BS, yes, do I like him, no. However I would bet a lot of money that he will get re-elected again, is there a correlation between him and BJ, yes.

Please stay safe, enjoy the weekend as best you can.
This user liked this post: Elbarad

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:09 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 pm
Yes Eddie, did you want to add anything?

Yes, if that's OK.
Read what Taffy on the Wing had to say.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:27 pm
Probably a couple of Billion less in the bank though Taffy ;)
He's heavily in debt apparently!......one of the reasons he won't show his tax returns, he doesn't want anyone to know how shitty he actually is at business.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm
He stated quite clearly several times in front of TV cameras, I have seen and heard it on the news, he said he would love, really love to have this beaten by Easter, he did NOT in any way form or shape declare that the virus will end at Easter! Perhaps you have an alternative theory, was it Hollywood, did they have a double stand there and state those words of "I would Love", no of course not.
In the video I have linked he doesn't say he would love it be beaten by Easter but states "You know in April (Easter is in April) it supposedly dies with the hotter weather"

People look up to their president and when he is using language like this alongside dismissing it as anything serious and calling it a democrat hoax then this is pretty dangerous territory and not the way Id like the leader of my country to be acting in his press conferences

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:51 pm
When it's all said and done I'll be interested to see what the death rate is per population for different countries. For example the UK has about a fifth of the population of the USA. So the UK should see about a fifth of the deaths of the USA. That'll give a pretty good indication of how the government handled the crisis. These numbers favor the USA for now, but we'll have to wait and do the tallies when it's over.
I, like you, am also interested however you can not do a direct comparison between the UK & USA, same for many other countries. The USA has a Federal Gov. with limited Presidential powers, the State Governors and the Mayors have far greater power than UK equivalents, hence why some states and some cities are on lockdown and some are not. There are huge tracts of land just in Texas alone with very very people in total and numbers with the virus is tiny and they are so remote, these areas are bigger than the UK and that's just Texas, many other states have the same conditions. There were as of yesterday 22 States (I believe) that have ordered shutdowns, borders can not be closed but Connecticut for example I believe have police at the borders and are stopping cars/vehicles with NY Plates to find where and why are they going, addresses being taken and a 14 day curfew imposed. This is why Trump has explained he has not done a nation wide shutdown, Houston as a city with very few cases like most had a statement from it's Mayor about social distancing, after a very short time he was on TV announcing a city wide lockdown on the 17th March. New Orleans is being predicted to be the next epicenter, why, because they went ahead with Madi Gra against city, state officials, the parade involved many people on floats throwing beads to tens of thousands of people like nothing was wrong or about to happen, well looks like it is about to happen!

In a similar comparison why did not the Mayor of London shut down TFL early, why did he reduce the number of tubes and trains therefore making the ones running more packed? The tube drivers have been complaining bitterly about this, but please don't tell me that was BJ's job.

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am

Excellent piece from the Guardian which has been doing some very good and accurate reporting in recent times (the total opposite of Fairytale Fox which dictates Trump's 'thinking'). Dirtbag Donald has blood on his hands, only concern is for his ego and his wallet, jealous of the dictators of this world, I can't wait for him to get the boot in November.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm
In the video I have linked he doesn't say he would love it be beaten by Easter but states "You know in April (Easter is in April) it supposedly dies with the hotter weather"

People look up to their president and when he is using language like this alongside dismissing it as anything serious and calling it a democrat hoax then this is pretty dangerous territory and not the way Id like the leader of my country to be acting in his press conferences
I have watched it clearly on several news outlets in the states, in everyone, ABC, CNN, etc. he clearly states "he would love to have it beaten by Easter" he has said other things around it but nowhere has he said it or declared "that it will end at Easter" Do you have proof, video of him saying this? That was the point, he is right in that some studies point to it breaking down in hot weather, that if it happens will help the southern states but not norther California or Washington State, Seattle, etc.

Again I am not advocating him as a leader in any way shape or fashion, he is in my opinion his own worst enemy.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:09 pm
Yes, if that's OK.
Read what Taffy on the Wing had to say.
no I thought not, stick to the point I was making that Ian stated as a fact which is Fake news, if you want to debate stick to the topic and the facts rather than your bigotry.
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Cajun wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 pm
Excellent piece from the Guardian which has been doing some very good and accurate reporting in recent times (the total opposite of Fairytale Fox which dictates Trump's 'thinking'). Dirtbag Donald has blood on his hands, only concern is for his ego and his wallet, jealous of the dictators of this world, I can't wait for him to get the boot in November.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Democrats have about the same chance JC had, it might happen but I don't think so. Just as an aside, does it really affect you who the US president is, if so what fundamental changes did you personally see between Obama and Trump that leads to this thought?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:39 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:25 pm
I have watched it clearly on several news outlets in the states, in everyone, ABC, CNN, etc. he clearly states "he would love to have it beaten by Easter" he has said other things around it but nowhere has he said it or declared "that it will end at Easter" Do you have proof, video of him saying this? That was the point, he is right in that some studies point to it breaking down in hot weather, that if it happens will help the southern states but not norther California or Washington State, Seattle, etc.

Again I am not advocating him as a leader in any way shape or fashion, he is in my opinion his own worst enemy.
Im not disputing that in some statements he didn't say what you saw as dont doubt you on that. Im also not saying that he was as matter of fact and direct to declare unanimously it will be beaten by Easter

There is not enough known about this virus or any real scientific evidence that hot weather will break down this virus so for the president to speculate and indicate it will be gone by April is as given the public the opinion it will be beaten

In the context of everything else he has said about the virus this is very dangerous and it resulted in a lot Trump supporters believing it is nothing serious and that by April it will have been and gone like seasonal flu

You have every right to say he didnt do exactly what Ian claimed he did as fact but if you are interested in drilling down into the detail on this issue he all but did say it and thats the impression he gave to his supporters and I think my video is evidence to that.

If you disagree fair enough as I dont think there's much more either of us can say to each other about it so Im happy to leave it at that

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:42 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm
no I thought not, stick to the point I was making that Ian stated as a fact which is Fake news, if you want to debate stick to the topic and the facts rather than your bigotry.

Yawn.
Better to stay quiet sometimes rather than utter the pointless, regurgitated garbage you do. The guy lives there but you know more than him.
Oh, OK.
Have a nice weekend.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Democrats have about the same chance JC had, it might happen but I don't think so. Just as an aside, does it really affect you who the US president is, if so what fundamental changes did you personally see between Obama and Trump that leads to this thought?
Someone needs to take a walk outside, get some fresh air, and leave the Telly off for a day or two!

Elbarad

Post by Elbarad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:49 pm

As a native of the USA who currently lives in Nebraska, I've got a pretty good idea about the wide open spaces part. I don't believe a direct comparison will be a tell a be all, end all answer. But comparing London vs NYC should be doable. Also comparing the nation as a whole is worthwhile, but not determinative because of the reasons you listed Kate. Different countries, cities and portions of countries can be expected to have different responses. To my mind that's not only reasonable it's preferable.

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm
Just as an aside, does it really affect you who the US president is, if so what fundamental changes did you personally see between Obama and Trump that leads to this thought?
Lived in America 18 years now, although it makes me ashamed to admit I live in a country where Dirtbag Donald is the leader. The reasoning behind the recent impeachment trial acquittal means we now officially live in a dictatorship – the consolation being that the deranged narcissist in the Oval Office will not be there permanently, although he would love to adopt a Putin or Kim-style power system to ensure he does. I hate that this sleazeball is making decisions that affect my family, especially at this time where there is a global health crisis.
Never has the reputation of the US around the world been lower than it is now; because the most powerful country in the world has a corrupt, lying, racist, unhinged bigot in charge, then the security of the planet is at risk, the planet’s environment is now seriously at risk; and the US is becoming isolated and distrusted while Dirtbag Donald focuses on his ego, wallet and cock.
I refuse to let him make me depressed, but the atmosphere in the US now generated by this administration is one of vitriol and poison, lies and distortion, cheating and manipulation; everything revolves around Trump’s ego and is fed by Fairytale Fox and sycophants like Limbaugh and Hannity.
I will cheer his eventual passing.
There was a great sense of hope in the air when Obama came to power and during his tenure. From the moment the 2016 election result was confirmed there was a sense of “oh sh!t this bit of fun electing a TV personality is going to backfire big time.” I worked for many years with a woman whose family business was destroyed by one of Trump’s several bancruptcies in the 90s, “me” is all he cares about; his threats, abuse, insults and lies to back up his corruption and lawlessness are the norm here now.
These 7 users liked this post: chekhov Taffy on the wing longsidepies Claret-On-A-T-Rex Goodclaret Gordaleman Buxtonclaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Im not disputing that in some statements he didn't say what you saw as dont doubt you on that. Im also not saying that he was as matter of fact and direct to declare unanimously it will be beaten by Easter

There is not enough known about this virus or any real scientific evidence that hot weather will break down this virus so for the president to speculate and indicate it will be gone by April is as given the public the opinion it will be beaten

In the context of everything else he has said about the virus this is very dangerous and it resulted in a lot Trump supporters believing it is nothing serious and that by April it will have been and gone like seasonal flu

You have every right to say he didnt do exactly what Ian claimed he did as fact but if you are interested in drilling down into the detail on this issue he all but did say it and thats the impression he gave to his supporters and I think my video is evidence to that.

If you disagree fair enough as I dont think there's much more either of us can say to each other about it so Im happy to leave it at that
DA,
what I can tell you is that I have been on conference calls for the last three weeks, these calls involve debriefs from three Governments at the most senior level, the US is one of them and the people giving the debrief are retired people who were until very recently at the highest level of Gov or armed forced who are now employed by the companies I am consulting to. They are part of the Gov/Business groups involving both sides of the House that have been formed to look at what has happened, what will happen, how can the future be affected to help the country as a whole, when (not if the virus) is deemed to be at a safe level. I get a lot of classified info I am not allowed to share but I have shared on a couple of other threads regarding some info, which is now in the public domain, all three Gov. are running scenarios based on this info, the scenarios are based on best, worst and expected, each of the three Gov. have different scenarios but in reality not that far apart. The Easter comment is not in the US Gov scenario but Trump did want to send a message, primarily to the markets, not to rally his supporters, (but he will never miss a chance to do that) he firmly believes that giving "good news" will help in the markets and therefore the recovery in the aftermath and therefore America as a whole.

The interesting thing that also comes out of these meetings/conferences is how they think other countries will also perform, one of the Gov. is in the EU and some concerning thoughts regarding several other EU countries, which may affect the EU as a whole.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Well I just watch and follow the daily briefs that Trump gives and they have been full of lies, misrepresentations, attacks on journalists he doesnt like and have been used for him to score political points and divide his nation.

That is more than enough for me to be disgusted with how he is handling the crisis and the way he is using it for selfish political gain
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Claret-On-A-T-Rex

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Cajun wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm
Lived in America 18 years now, although it makes me ashamed to admit I live in a country where Dirtbag Donald is the leader. The reasoning behind the recent impeachment trial acquittal means we now officially live in a dictatorship – the consolation being that the deranged narcissist in the Oval Office will not be there permanently, although he would love to adopt a Putin or Kim-style power system to ensure he does. I hate that this sleazeball is making decisions that affect my family, especially at this time where there is a global health crisis.
Never has the reputation of the US around the world been lower than it is now; because the most powerful country in the world has a corrupt, lying, racist, unhinged bigot in charge, then the security of the planet is at risk, the planet’s environment is now seriously at risk; and the US is becoming isolated and distrusted while Dirtbag Donald focuses on his ego, wallet and cock.
I refuse to let him make me depressed, but the atmosphere in the US now generated by this administration is one of vitriol and poison, lies and distortion, cheating and manipulation; everything revolves around Trump’s ego and is fed by Fairytale Fox and sycophants like Limbaugh and Hannity.
There was a great sense of hope in the air when Obama came to power and during his tenure. From the moment the 2016 election result was confirmed there was a sense of “oh sh!t this bit of fun electing a TV personality is going to backfire big time.” I worked for many years with a woman whose family business was destroyed by one of Trump’s several bancruptcies in the 90s, “me” is all he cares about; his threats, abuse, insults and lies to back up his corruption and lawlessness are the norm here now.
I have lived in America longer than you but doesn't make me better or more knowledgeable than you, I hear from people with your views, you sound like the Andrew of the Tory party, you have your reasons but you are in the minority, which was proven before and I expect will be proven again. I can only talk about my experiences and under Trump it has been more positive than it was under Obama, but in all honesty not much different. I liked a lot of what Obama said and did so am not critical of him, we are all affected by our individual circumstances.

Please don't take this as a personal insult as it is not, but Trump like BJ is not all bad, nor are they all good, I have not voted for either of them, I think both have some good ideas, I think both opposition parties have good idea so I guess I am somewhere in the middle regarding my political views but I do not like people making up lies about what anyone says. Trump is such an easy target people don't have to make lies but they do.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Someone needs to take a walk outside, get some fresh air, and leave the Telly off for a day or two!
Ahh another American expert, I love when you come sleeking out of the woodwork like cockroaches spouting from the Guardian, classic I don't know anything but I did read this, no I wouldn't ever read/listen to Fox news they're biased aren't they. Carry on the good work, if the links to someone else's thoughts don't work, revert to insults. Or maybe you're in the I'll attack the spelling and grammer first, anything to discredit a person, do you have anything positive ever to say about any country leader and provide info on how we should be adopting more of that approach for whatever reason?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Not at all incoherent.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Trying to pass this off as a Democrat hoax originally will haunt him forever.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Shut up you fool.

Boris is just what the UK need he his doing a great job.

Has for the lies. All politicians tell lies, it's part and parcel

Thank god we have Boris running the country and not dithering May or that incompetent fool Corbyn with his liebour chums
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Healeywoodclaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:34 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm
Not at all incoherent.

you really do have issues with reading things don't you, we know you have issues with cognitive thought but you're in the top five for insulting and ignoring things, the whole forum is littered with examples of that. Glad to see you're moving to the same losers argument of, you're spelling and grammer is so bad ignoring context.

Please please join your friend from the clique and press the foe button

but do have a great weekend and stay safe xx
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 pm
Trying to pass this off as a Democrat hoax originally will haunt him forever.
agree it should but you just know it wont

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Yup $25 million donation to the JFK Performing Arts Center. That`ll stop the virus and put the economy back on track

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Coronaviruses are a family of so-called “enveloped viruses”. This means they are coated in an oily coat, known as a lipid bilayer, studded with proteins that stick out like spikes of a crown, helping to give them their name – corona is Latin for crown.

Research has already shown that Sars-Cov-2 can survive for up to 72 hours on hard surfaces like plastic and stainless steel at temperatures of between 21-23C (70-73F) and in relative humidity of 40%. Exactly how the Covid-19 virus behaves at other temperatures and humidity has still to be tested, but research on other coronaviruses suggests they can survive for more than 28 days at 4C.

A recent analysis suggests that this pandemic coronavirus will be less sensitive to the weather than many hope

Research on other enveloped viruses suggests that this oily coat makes the viruses more susceptible to heat than those that do not have one. In colder conditions, the oily coat hardens into a rubber-like state, much like fat from cooked meat will harden as it cools, to protect the virus for longer when it is outside the body. Most enveloped viruses tend to show strong seasonality as a result of this.

There are some early hints that Covid-19 may also vary with the seasons. The spread of outbreaks of the new disease around the world seems to suggest it has a preference for cool and dry conditions.

An unpublished analysis comparing the weather in 500 locations around the world where there have been Covid-19 cases seems to suggest a link between the spread of the virus and temperature, wind speed and relative humidity. Another unpublished study has also shown higher temperatures are linked to lower incidence of Covid-19, but notes that temperature alone cannot account for the global variation in incidence.

Further as-yet-unpublished research predicts that temperate warm and cold climates are the most vulnerable to the current Covid-19 outbreak, followed by arid regions. Tropical parts of the world are likely to be least affected, the researchers say.

Just one example of the "expert advise" being given to world leaders, Trump jumped on this, as potential good news he could give as encouragement to the markets and the population but not a proven fact but many will be hoping it's true.

Elbarad

Post by Elbarad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm
Yup $25 million donation to the JFK Performing Arts Center. That`ll stop the virus and put the economy back on track
Thank goodness for Schumer and Pelosi putting this in the bill or we'd all be missing out on the the interpretive dance on how to social distance.
This user liked this post: FCBurnley

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am

A damning indictment of his handling of the situation.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

chekhov
Been Liked: 804 times
Has Liked: 1513 times

Post by chekhov » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Cajun wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm
Terrific post, Cajun.