Iceland foods booking slots

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
blackbulllad
Been Liked: 1 time

Iceland foods booking slots

Post by blackbulllad » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:11 pm

As a 72 year old self isolating I have been trying to book a delivery, the site shows 4 days with greyed out times ie Tues 10-12 am fully booked and no other times are displayed. Does this mean the whole day is booked up. Can anybody give me advise very confusing.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Re: Iceland foods booking slots

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Yeah if it's greyed out and you can't select it, it generally means it's not available.

On Tesco, it's like that for 100% of their slots for the next 3 weeks. Nothing available.

There should be local services available for people aged 72, near you, allowing deliveries to be made to you.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm

I thought they were putting a phone number out for people who can't get out ,so they could ring up and ask for shopping help..

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32542 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Nightmare. I went on Tesco at midnight last night to get a slot when their next day opened up. By one minute past midnight they'd all gone and I missed out.

timel0veandtendayi
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by timel0veandtendayi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Might not be great to hear but Asda were completely booked up, I checked at midnight and slots for the next available day came up. The problem is, that's still two weeks away! I booked it anyway as you can amend your order or cancel completely.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Tried Tesco's then morrisons.

All booked up online.

I think the problem is people now panic booking . Could they be doing 3 weeks shops in advance. Not sure if the online system would let people do that?

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:35 pm

We've not ordered anything online for the last couple of weeks. It's easy for us to get to the shops and there's loads in again, all the shelves are rammed. So if people can do that they should, leave the online deliveries to people who need it. It's not like we've anything else to do at the minute other than queue up for a bit.
These 2 users liked this post: dsr Bosscat

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:41 pm

I know we all have our own lives and worries to deal with but this is such a close-knit board with such a centralised location we must be able to set up a thread like the away travel info threads where younger healthy people who have capacity can help the more elderly and vulnerable on here

Im not local and no family nearby that needs my help so ive signed up to volunteer for the NHS outside of work but if I was based in Burnley Id be more than happy to do some shopping runs for people

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32542 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:41 pm
I know we all have our own lives and worries to deal with but this is such a close-knit board with such a centralised location we must be able to set up a thread like the away travel info threads where younger healthy people who have capacity can help the more elderly and vulnerable on here

Im not local and no family nearby that needs my help so ive signed up to volunteer for the NHS outside of work but if I was based in Burnley Id be more than happy to do some shopping runs for people
On the first part - I think there are a lot of people who are helping. A friend of mine is doing some shopping for me tomorrow and one of the neighbours dropped some off for me two days ago. If you are able to and can offer help to someone elderly and vulnerable then please do. I'd love to be able to go to the shops, I'd love to be able to invite my mate in for a brew when he delivers. I can't but huge thanks to those helping.

As for volunteering - just brilliant, well done. It's fantastic how many people have volunteered. I've personally witnessed in the last 24 hours how brilliant people can be and what a superb way to help by volunteering.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm
On the first part - I think there are a lot of people who are helping. A friend of mine is doing some shopping for me tomorrow and one of the neighbours dropped some off for me two days ago. If you are able to and can offer help to someone elderly and vulnerable then please do. I'd love to be able to go to the shops, I'd love to be able to invite my mate in for a brew when he delivers. I can't but huge thanks to those helping.

As for volunteering - just brilliant, well done. It's fantastic how many people have volunteered. I've personally witnessed in the last 24 hours how brilliant people can be and what a superb way to help by volunteering.
Its good to hear most people are getting the support needed and I really hope if someone who posts on here is really isolated they feel comfortable enough to reach out for help

I live in an area with a young demographic and though I keep on the lookout I am not really needed on the surface hence registering with the NHS

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Out of interest, the people who need booking slots have you received letters yet from the government? I think these should be the evidence needed for priority. If you have, then have you tried phoning supermarkets to find out how you get priority? I imagine there's some substantial changes needed to online systems that may take a few weeks to catch up.

Rodleydave
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rodleydave » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Nowt to do with food shopping but full marks to British Gas and Homecare. Phoned this morning at 9.00 Emergency yes. Age group 75, plus special needs daughter with us for the duration. Electrician needed for half the sockets out of action which control heating, hw and freezer. Booked for early slot tomorrow. We have a bizarre system. One circuit is upstairs downstairs one side of house...one circuit is other side of house up and down.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 520 times

Post by beddie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Rodleydave wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm
Nowt to do with food shopping but full marks to British Gas and Homecare. Phoned this morning at 9.00 Emergency yes. Age group 75, plus special needs daughter with us for the duration. Electrician needed for half the sockets out of action which control heating, hw and freezer. Booked for early slot tomorrow. We have a bizarre system. One circuit is upstairs downstairs one side of house...one circuit is other side of house up and down.
Dave. Did "Jack" build your house :D

Rodleydave
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rodleydave » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Builder was called Jerry I was told...